As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

20 Great GameCube games for Wii Owners

NBOY39NBOY39 Registered User regular
edited January 2007 in Games and Technology
I found a list of 20 good GCN games with reviews for the games here.
[url]whorish link removed

I started thinking about those Wii owners who never had a Cube. I love my GameCube and the great games I have, but many new Wii owners never got to experience those great games. I figured this list would be good for those gamers. The only other things needed are a $20 Wavebird and a $20 memory card.

Here are some of my favorites from the list.

18. Super Monkey Ball 2 - If you haven't played any Monkey Ball game before, you're missing out on one of Sega's greatest gaming gems. Anyone can enjoy this puzzle hit. The later stages will push even the most skilled gamers into an intense level of concentration. Everyone should own either Super Monkey Ball 1 or 2 for the GameCube.

12. Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes - Poor sales of this game and Eternal Darkness lead to the end of Nintendo's friendship with Silicon Knights studio. Don't let sale numbers fool you, this game is of superb quality. This game is another quality rerelease on the 'Cube. Again, if you have played the original, you might want to take a pass. If you have never played this Kojima classic, be sure to pick it up and enjoy. It only takes about 15 hours to complete, but I guarantee that it will be the best hours of your life.

10. Lost Kingdoms - One of two real sleeper titles I still have on my list. This game is amazing and I almost promise that you have never heard of it. The story and graphics might be typical but the gameplay isn't. This game focuses on collecting a team on monsters in a deck of cards. The concept it hard to explain in words, but the game is wonderful in action. Definitely worth the seven bucks or so you will find it for at your local GameStop.

2. Resident Evil 4 - The most amazing survival horror game of all-time. Easily one of the best games of the last generation. Personally, I still think the controls are a wee (wow a bad pun) bit wack. Don't let that make you think twice about this game. It is still an unbelievable experience. The best part about it is the price. You can find this game for around $15 or even in the Resident Evil 10th Anniversary Pack which includes RE 0, REmake, and RE4 for a great reasonable price.

Anyways, what other games do you guys think are the best?[/url]

NBOY39 on

• Options
    TimTheSlothTimTheSloth Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    The games that get the most play at my apartment are
    Wario Ware
    TimeSplitters 2
    Ribbit King (this game would be glorious on wii by the way)
    Smash Bros.
    Godzilla Destroy All Monsters Melle

Mainly multiplayer games still get played as you can see. I have some good solo stuff as well but I my friends and I don't really go back for those.

TimTheSloth on
    redtidesig1.jpg
  • Options
    BbajBbaj Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Donkey Kong Jungle Beat = pure awesomeness

Bbaj on
  • Options
    homeobockshomeobocks Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Nboy, you seem to be linking an awful lot to your own blog. Like, 40% of all your posts. Edit: make that 60%.

That said, RE4, Ikaruga, Wind Waker. Melee would be on my list if Brawl weren't heading our way.

homeobocks on
  • Options
    plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Bbaj wrote:
    If only there was something better then liming. DKJB is one of the greatest games last gen.

plufim on
    3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
    Starfox Assault
    Killer7(not really an exclusive, but it was made for the GC if you ask me, just like RE4)
    Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II
    Tales of Symphonia

I'm interested in Raijirugi(?) too, whenever it comes out.
    The DC shooter getting ported to the GC soon, if memory serves.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2007
    plufim wrote:
    Bbaj wrote:
    If only there was something better then liming. DKJB is one of the greatest games last gen.
    I demand a sequel for Wii.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    TimTheSlothTimTheSloth Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    homeobocks wrote:
    Nboy, you seem to be linking an awful lot to your own blog. Like, 40% of all your posts. Edit: make that 60%.

That said, RE4, Ikaruga, Wind Waker. Melee would be on my list if Brawl weren't heading our way.

The roomates and I were playing a lot of Ikaruga until we unlocked unlimited credit mode... it kinda lost the intensity after that. Great game but unless you plan on playing for score after you go through once I can't imagine wanting to play it over and over, especially since the enemies aren't randomized.

TimTheSloth on
    redtidesig1.jpg
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I like the list pretty much as it is.. except pleace drop Mario Power Tennis in favor of Beach Strikers. Awesome game... and Mario Power Tennis was...

I'll say "really bad" to save myself some flames.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    All the GC games I've gotten for my Wii so far are on that list.

On a vaguely related note, the copy of Metroid Prime I got used also came with a second disc with a demo of Echos (the game packaging says as much, too). I wonder, did they make many copies of this?

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Shadowfire wrote:
    I like the list pretty much as it is.. except pleace drop Mario Power Tennis in favor of Beach Strikers. Awesome game... and Mario Power Tennis was...

Don't hold back. It was complete shit. Nowhere near as good as the N64 original. The super powers completely messed the game up.

plufim on
    3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TreebeardsterTreebeardster Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Ikaruga?

Treebeardster on
    BOCsig.jpg
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    plufim wrote:
    Shadowfire wrote:

Don't hold back. It was complete shit. Nowhere near as good as the N64 original. The super powers completely messed the game up.

Yes, the game fucking sucked. God I hated it... every second I was forced to play just made me beg for Virtua Tennis more.

And yes, the N64 version by far better, but Virtua Tennis was still the top. ;)

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    ZedroZedro Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Baten Kaitos/Origins if you need your JRPG fill.

Zedro on
    sig.pl?Zedro
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    NBOY39, stop linking to your blog. Sitewhoring is against the rules here.

It's pretty clear you signed up here to pimp your website. We're all proud that you have one. Now quit breaking the forum rules.

Captain K on
This discussion has been closed.