As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Modern Warfare 2: RAMIREZ! DO EVERYTHING

0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns.Registered User regular
edited January 2010 in Games and Technology
Wikipedia Link for plot details.

If there's still anything that you're not sure about, a military wizard did it.

PA Modern Warfare News Bulletin

Holographic Sight Known Effects

-M16A4's recoil significantly decreased while equipped.

-SPAS-12's spread of shot tightened up, creating a longer 1-shot-kill range.

-FAL's damage increased from 55-35 to 55-40 while using the sight, which then allows 2 shot kills at any range even with a silencer.

MORE EFFECTS SOON TO COME.

WEAPONS CHART FOR GOOD STUFF ABOUT GUNS.
mw2chart.png

MODERNWARFARETITLE.png

Hello and welcome to the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 thread! While posting here and playing with other people remember:

a) Have fun.
b) Don’t be a dick, even if doing so accomplishes a) for you.

Ground Rules

I've PM'd Echo about these, since I don't want to come off sounding like I think I have Mod-like powers, but I'll post them in this spoiler and let you guys decide whether they sound reasonable.
Due to previous controversy, I’m setting out some rules to ensure that we all have a good time here.

-No ‘LOL Treyarch’ posts: I don’t care if your cat was run over by a Treyarch employee, this is the MW2 thread, stay on topic.

-No PC vs console arguments: We’re all here to enjoy Modern Warfare 2, so play nice, and don’t perpetuate this stereotype of internet forums.

-Keep ethical debate civil: Discussing the inner workings of a game is what these threads are all about, but once again, play nice.

On Dedicated Servers, etc: This argument appears to have died down, and while any thread on even the most AAA of games is going to have people bring up (often legitamate) gripes (like Killer Croc in Batman:AA, or No Fighting in the War Room in this thread), I would like to think that the people who have been turned off from MW2 (your call and I respect your decision) have said their piece and can leave this thread to the people who are excited about this game.

-Remember your spoiler tags!

Work-around to lack of Party Chat by Sivraj:
Sivraj wrote: »
But for anyone trying to play multiplayer with their friends, here's an alternative to party chat:

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/11/09/alternative-to-party-chat-in-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2/

From the site:
Step One: Go to Xbox.com and log in to your account
Step Two: From your profile page, click on Privacy Settings (it's just to the right of your avatar)
Step Three: The top option should say Voice and Text. Set it to Friends Only. Save.

Now whenever you play "Modern Warfare 2" multiplayer you'll only hear people you are friends with.

Basically, you set your "Voice and Text" option to Friends Only. BAM, problem solved :D. I'm not sure if you can do it from your console though. The website only explains how to do it through Xbox.com.

Multiplayer Facts
Link
Friday, 13 November 2009
Modern Warfare 2The handling of weapons has changed significantly, they have been moved to one of the game's "fastfiles", encrypted.

My ability is not enough to crack them, though others have fared better.

At least the multiplayer weapons still operate very much like their COD4 predecessors.
Weapon damage in increments of ten. Damage loss after a distance depending on the weapon type.

Testing from other sources has confirmed the use of a damage of "35" for weapons.
The intent for this is likely to make Stopping Power less "powerful".
For example, the FAL may deliver 50-35 damage. Because of this, Stopping Power's benefit is not prevalent - 50 is already two shots and 35 is three, Power bringing it up to 49 damage will still require three shots. It does appear to have at least a 1.5x headshot multiplier, similar to the M14, allowing a one headshot kill up close with Stopping Power.

Sniper rifles use the 70 damage with varying 1.5 and 1.1 multipliers.

The silencer appears to have a negative effect to sniper rifles, LMGs and possibly other weapons that do not lose damage over distance.
Also shotgun range is decreased by silencers.

Details on things that are not guns, of what was able to be ripped out of the fastfiles (so far) thanks to gagarin.

Sentry Gun has 1000 points of health.
Explosives deliver 7x their damage against a Sentry.
A Melee attack will instantly disable the Sentry.
The Sentry has the potential to fire continuously for eight seconds.
It recovers fully in four. If it "overheats", it will take eight seconds.

The UAV has 700 health and hangs around for thirty seconds.

Both Helicopters and the Pavelow have 1500 health.
The AI controlled Helicopters use three of the four same old Threat Factors.
Class Threat has been removed, presumably due to the Secondary Weapon diversity.

The Harrier has 3000 health.
Luckily, lots of things will instantly kill it (or at least really hurt it (and all other aircraft).
A Stinger, Javelin and other killstreaks (like the remote missile and AC130 guns) will instantly destroy it.
The RPG7 and AT4 will do whatever damage they do AND an extra 900 points of damage.

The AC-130 apparently only has 1000 health.
This is probably offset by the fact that it has two flare countermeasures and is way up in the air.
It lasts 40 seconds. All three guns are all available. They have a reload time of:
25mm = 1.5
40mm = 3.0
105mm = 5.0

The Care Package and Emergency Airdrop have a chance of dropping anything (except nukes).
Care Package has a much higher probability of dropping other low-Streak hardpoints, while the Emergency Airdrop evens up the chances for nearly anything up to the EMP.

On perks and a few other things:

The wait time between bursts for the FAMAS and M16 is still 0.2 seconds.

Stopping Power is still 1.4x against players.
Stopping Power Pro increases its damage against vehicles by 1.65x.

Danger Close is a bit stronger than it's predecessor, 1.4x increase in damage (rather than 1.25).

Blast Shield equipment cuts damage down to 0.45x (or 0.65?), ensuring almost always surviving anything.
Blast Shield and Danger Close will cancel each other out.
Semtex stuck to the player will ignore Blast Shield.

Commando adds 176 units of measurement to its 64 inch melee strike.
Commando Pro does indeed cut off all damage for any fall... and it appears that a lethal fall will make the player do a barrel roll instead.

Rapid Fire attachment has the same effect as Double Tap, multiplying time between shots by 0.75x (other way around, Rate of fire by 1.33x)
FMJ (Full Metal Jacket) attachment has the same effect as Deep Impact, greatly improving penetration through walls and objects.

Painkiller adds 200 health to the player. If the player suffers at least 101 points of damage while Painkiller is active... he gets a reward. Throwing knives and melee attacks will still kill in one hit.

One Man Army allows the player to change his class on the fly in 6 seconds.
One Many Army Pro cuts that down to 3. It takes the place of the secondary weapon and can not be dropped.

Sleight of Hand still cuts reload time in half. Pro halves both sighting in and out.

Lightweight will multiply movement speed by 1.1x (I dunno, that's what it reads)
Lightweight Pro will multiply the delay between sprinting and being able to attack by 0.6x.

Ninja Pro and SitRep Pro will multiply Player footstep sound by 0.25x and enemy footsteps by 4x respectively.

The problem shotgun hitscans had with cars is dealt with, damage dealt to destructibles like barrels and cars are multiplied by four.
Cars and barrels have the same health and "on fire" health drain as they do in COD4.

Weapon Chart:
Weapon Chart:
MW2%20Weapon%20Chart.gif

More Fun Facts!
* All weapons have a maximum and minimum damage value. Weapons do their max damage up until a certain distance when the damage begins to decrease and eventually levels out at the min damage value. Silencers will cause this falloff to occur earlier, and thus do less damage at longer ranges.
* Some weapons don't experience any falloff, and maintain their max damage values at any range (LMG, Snipers). Equipping a silencer on these weapons will permanently drop the weapons damage to it's minimum damage, regardless of range, so you'll get the minimum damage no matter how close or far away you are.
* The only weapon that violates both of these rules is the UMP45, which always does it's max damage, regardless of distance or attachments. A silenced UMP45 at long range is just as powerful as an unsilenced UMP45 at close range.
* Different areas of the body still have their own damage multipliers, though there seems to be a slightly simplified model (no "neck" hit area, as this is now grouped together with the upper body / chest area). The damage multiplier for the head is still 1.4 or 1.5 like it was in COD4. Sniper Rifles still remain the only weapons to take full advantage of the body part multipliers, and use the same damage x multiplier system that was in COD4.
* Stopping Power still multiplies weapon damage by 1.4 on top of any other multipliers.
· In Core game modes you have 100 health points and in Hardcore you have 30.

Equipment

* Frag - Can throw a little further than Semtex, and can be primed, but does approx. half the damage (thus half the killing range) of the Semtex. Also, displays location icon and can be thrown back if nearby. Can't be canceled by switching weapons prior to throwing.
* Semtex - Doesn't throw as far as the Frag, but it sticks to whatever it touches, doesn't roll, does approx. twice the damage (thus twice the killing range), doesn't display location icon, and can't be thrown back. The Semtex can't be primed, but it explodes on short timer that starts the moment it leaves your hand. Can be canceled by switching weapons prior to throwing.
* Throwing Knife - Travels for several meters in a straight line before beginning to drop. Kills with a single hit anywhere on the body, and can hit after bouncing off other objects. Can be canceled by switching weapons prior to throwing.
* Tactical Insertion - Takes three seconds to lay down after pressing. Can be destroyed at a distance by shooting, etc.
* Blast Shield - Reduces explosive damage by approx. half. Will allow players to survive point-blank explosion of Frag or Grenade Launcher. Semtex, Claymore and C4 will still kill within a meter or so. Upon activating, will narrow your vision and remove the mini-map. Deactivation will restore the mini-map and normal vision. Activation / deactivation is fairly quick and can be done on the fly.
* Claymore - Explodes 1-1.5 seconds after tripping. Does approx. same damage as Semtex and C4. Can only set two at any time, if you set a third (with scavenger), the first one will explode.
* C4 - Does approx same damage as Semtex and Claymore. Can only set two at any time, if you set a third, the first one will explode. Can also be detonated by pressing the reload button twice rapidly.

Launchers

* The AT4-HS with Danger Close Pro is still unable to take down any air support vehicles in a single shot, other than the UAV/Counter-UAV.
* The Javelin can lock onto distant terrain and fire a missile that does explosive damage to a very large area, killing anything within line-of-sight. As powerful as this sounds, it can be challenging to use this capability effectively.

Miscellaneous

* Iron sights have little, if any, effect on shotgun spread / accuracy.
* Extended Mags do not provide any additional ammunition, it merely extends the round capacity of the weapon in question by half.

Differences Between COD4 and MW2

* Base weapon damage values in MW2 are on average very similar to COD4, with no substantial increase in MW2 over COD4.
* Weapons have much longer range in MW2, retaining their max damage for a much greater distance.
* Weapon "idle" (reticule sway) has been greatly reduced in MW2 and is virtually non-existent except for on scoped weapons such as Sniper, ACOG, or Thermal.
* Weapon "kick" (recoil) has been greatly reduced in MW2, particularly for assault rifles, and is the chief factor in affecting how much more deadly the weapons in MW2 are compared to COD4.
* Hip fire is much more accurate in MW2, and sub machine guns no long hold a significant advantage over other weapons in this area.
* As far as I can tell, hit detection and lag compensation in MW2 is improved over COD4, reducing the lag advantage for faster moving targets and allowing more rounds to make contact as intended instead of missing due to lag / poor netcode.
* All of the above factors make the weapons in MW2 much more deadly than in COD4.

Awesome video time! I know I've missed some, but they can always be added later.

What about weapons, perks, etc?

Weapons/equipment list plus unlock levels courtesy of Mechanical.
Primary Weapons

Assault Rifles
4 - M4A1
1 - FAMAS
9 - SCAR-H
20 - TAR-21
28 - FAL
40 - M16A4
48 - ACR
60 - F2000
70 - AK-47

Submachine Guns
4 - MP5K
1 - UMP 45
12 - TDI Vector
24 - P90
44 - Mini Uzi

Light Machine Guns
1 - L86 LSW
4 - RPD
16 - MG4
32 - AUG HBAR
52 - M240

Sniper Rifles
2 - Barrett Light Fifty
4 - Intervention
36 - WA2000
56 - M14 EBR

2 - Riot Shield

Secondary

Machine Pistols
3 - PP2000
22 - G18
38 - M93
58 - TMP

Shotguns
1 - SPAS-12
18 - AA-12
34 - Striker
42 - Ranger
54 - M1014
67 - Model 1887

Handguns
2 - USP.45
26 - Colt Anaconda
46 - M9
62 - Desert Eagle

Launchers
1 - AT4-HS
14 - M79 x2
30 - Stinger
50 - Javelin
65 - RPG-7 X2

Equipment

4 - Frag grenade: Cookable frags
4 - Semtax: Timed stickey explosives
7 - Throwing Knife: Throwable weapon, can be picked back up
11 - Tactical Insertion: Choose spawn position
19 - Blast Shield: Increased explosive resistance
31 - Claymore: Proximity mine
43: C4: Remote explosive device

Special Grenades:
x1 Smoke
x2 Flash
x2 Stun

Sweet map pictures! Images found on this dude's photobucket account.
Afghan:
Afghan.jpg

Derail
Derail.jpg

Estate
Estate.jpg

Favela
Favela.jpg

Highrise
Highrise.jpg

Invasion
Invasion.jpg

Karachi
Karachi.jpg

Quarry
Quarry1.jpg

Rundown
Rundown1.jpg

Rust
Rust.jpg

Scrapyard
Scrapyard.jpg

Skidrow
Skidrow.jpg

SubBase
SubBase.jpg

Terminal
Terminal.jpg

Underpass
Underpass.jpg

Wasteland
Wasteland.jpg

Callsign & Emblem unlocks:

Wikia link. (Note that being a wiki means this likely isn't 100% accurate).

Perk list also courtesy of Mechanical (and completed with help from Kris_xK):
TIER 1
1 - Marathon: Unlimited sprint.
-Pro: Increased mantle speed. (Run 26 miles with this perk)
2 - Sleight of Hand - Faster reloading.
-Pro: Increased Aim Down Sight speed. (120 kills with this perk)
13 - Scavenger - Full resupply from dead enemies.
-Pro: Extra Mags. (100 Resupplies)
21 - Bling - 2 primary weapon attachments.
-Pro: Two attachments on secondary weapon. (200 kills with this perk)
45 - One Man Army - Switch classes without respawn.
-Pro: Swap classes faster. (120 kills with this perk)

TIER 2
1 - Stopping Power: Increased bullet damage.
-Pro: Increased damage to vehicles. (250 kills with this perk)
1 - Lightweight - Overall speed increase.
-Pro: Quick aim after sprinting. (Sprint 30 miles with this perk)
9 - Hardline: Killstreaks require 1 less kill.
-Pro: Deathstreaks require 1 less death. (40 killstreaks [at least 2 kills] with this perk)
25 - Cold-Blooded: Undetectable by UAV, air support, sentries and thermal.
-Pro: No red crosshair or name when targeted. (Destroy 40 enemy killstreak rewards while using this perk)
33 - Danger Close: Increased explosive damage.
-Pro: Extra air support damage. (100 explosive kills with this perk)

TIER 3
1 - Commando: Increased melee distance.
-Pro: No falling damage. (20 melee kills with this perk)
1 - Steady Aim: Increased hip accuracy.
-Pro: Iron Lungs (Hold breath longer to reduce sniper rifle sway). (80 hip-fire kills with this perk)
17 - Scrambler: Distorts nearby opponent's radar.
-Pro: Delay enemy claymore explosions. (50 close-range kills with this perk)
29 - Ninja: Invisible to heartbeat sensor. (Note: NINJA WORKS CORRECTLY ON THE HEARTBEAT SENSOR, IT IS A BUG IN THE KILLCAM.)
-Pro: Dead Silence (Move silently). (50 close-range kills with this perk)
37 - Sitrep: Locate enemy explosives and tactical insertions.
-Pro: Enemy footsteps louder. (Destroy 120 enemy devices using this perk)
41 - Last Stand: Pull out your pistol before dying for 10 seconds.
-Pro: Use grenades and equipment as well as your pistol. (20 Last Stand kills)

Kill/Deathstreak list:
Modern Warfare 2 Killstreaks (Note: You start with UAV, Care Package and Predator Missile, you earn tokens to unlock more as you level up, first at level 10. These do stack now, meaning you won’t lose your previous rewards if you earn higher level ones. You also can’t take two killstreaks which require the same number of kills to earn at the same time).
3 Kills -- UAV
4 Kills -- Care Package
4 Kills -- Counter UAV
5 Kills -- Sentry Gun
5 Kills -- Predator Missile
6 Kills -- Precision Airstrike
7 Kills -- Strike
7 Kills -- Attack Heli
8 Kills -- Emergency Airdrop
9 Kills -- Pave Low
9 Kills -- Stealth Bomber
11 Kills -- Chopper Gunner
11 Kills -- AC-130
15 Kills -- EMP
25 Kills -- Tactical Nuke (this instantly ends the match with you as the victor)

Deathstreaks
1 - Copycat - 4 deaths without a kill
6 - Painkiller - 3 deaths without a kill
27 - Martyrdom - 4 deaths without a kill
39 - Final Stand - 4 deaths without a kill

I want to play with people on this forum!

(X360) Friends List for that console which overheats a lot:

We've got a CoD Clan Meta-Tag run by Burtletoy: A PA CoD Clan

A PA CoD Clan is now full! Hit me up on PA MW2
From here, you can view other people on the tag and invite them to your game. I may do the same if the group I join needs more people, but sometimes I just want to pub-stomp, so don't be offended if I ignore you. Also, send the invite to the clan tag. Everybody sending one invite is far more convenient then me sending every invite.

There's also PA CoD4, which is an older account with a lot of names on it, I think it was being run by I King Kong I. It probably isn't being maintained anymore, FYI.

PA MW2 is now also full. Send invites now to A PA MW2 Clan

(PS3) Friends List for that console which people seem to laugh out loud about for some reason:
PA Handle - PS3 Name

Gihgehls as Hellphish
Debaserzbs as FancyLad
Jokerman as Jokrmein
Fourier_series as Fourier_series
Algertman as AlbertBOMB
Ah_Pook as Ah_Pook
Jean Claude Van Calm as Grimmsy- (yes, that's a dash there)
KidDynamite as NinjaForHire
Articus as Art__ (that's 2 underscores)
Shaggy as Mr_P1tt
kazanma as kazanma
DesertChicken as Desert Chicken
Pookiepoo as Pookie-san
Packman as jkolpack
Cincitucky as Cincitucky
Lord Yod as LordYod
donhonk as donhonk
Campy as pablocampy
Iceman.USAF as Apollo821
Fmz65 as Fmz65
Kami as KamiDaHobo
Squirminator2k as Squirminator2k
(PC) Friends List for that console which actually isn’t a console and uses some sort of program called ‘Storm’, or whatever.
PA Handle - Steam Name

Gihgehls as hellphish
Fleck0 as Fleck0
SirToasty as patoast
Dourin as Dourin
ReverendCaliber as ReverendCaliber
rndmhero as rndmhero
SJ as Gailen
MindLib as Mind Liberator
Fondor_Yards as Fondor_Yards
Arthill as da_man796

You can Alt-Tab at any time (Even in game) by pressing Alt + Escape

We also have a Steam group! Contact Fleck0 through Steam if you want an invite or if you have any other questions.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pamw2

And finally, a funny:

725404532_HhdVE-L.jpg

u4OkoEI.png
0Replace4Displace on

• Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    re: Care Package. The worst part isn't the speed, its the retarded running animation that makes you the size of a midget.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    previous mw2 threads, condensed:

1193901098610244_l.gif

Nuzak on
  • Options
    GihgehlsGihgehls Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    This game is awesome.

Gihgehls on
    PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    This game is fucking terrible.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Michael H wrote: »
    You know for all the moaning and gnashing of teeth, I still maintain that 85% or so of the games I play are "normal" games, no care package runners, boosters, etc. The most egregious glitches have been patched out (never saw much of them anyway), and all in all I think that the amount of frustration due to isolated incidents overrides their relative rarity.

In summary, much ado about nothing.

Unless you're on a PC. But then you're probably prone to complaining anyway. ;) <- winky face means all in good fun.

I would say that there's a care-package witch in pretty much every game I play. As long as they're not also a fantastic player, or part of a clan all doing the same thing, it doesn't break the game that badly.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    HypertimeHypertime Arlington, VARegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Terribly awesome. All I care about is making things go boom.

Domination. Wasteland. Sitting above the B opening of the bunker with my "BOOM" class (SCAR-H with Grenade Launcher, RPG-7, Semtex, Smoke Grenade, Scavenger Pro, Danger Close Pro, Sit Rep). Intermittently dropping down, yelling "FIRE IN THE HOLE" and racking up some serious multi-kills. Grab the ammo loot, run back up, rinse and repeat.

Explodo-spamming the B corridor in Skidrow comes in a close second. Nothing like an endless stream of RPGs to hold that much-contested point. Firing an RPG down the hole and obliterating the forklift entrance area from A? Cherry on top.

Hypertime on
    Your mom.
  • Options
    T0MBERENGERT0MBERENGER Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Play Hardcore. Where bullets are superior to knives. Honestly, knives are unbalanced in regular TDM because players have way too much health. My opinion is that knives should be balanced for stealth...not for overpowering assault rifles.

Also, when explosives kill everyone in the room EXCEPT your teammates, they are overpowered as well. Noobtubes are used judiciously in Hardcore HQ Pro, since Friendly Fire kills you too.

There is no reason to complain about witchers or spammers when they have an entire game mode that invalidates those class setups.

T0MBERENGER on
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Play Hardcore. Where bullets are superior to knives. Honestly, knives are unbalanced in regular TDM because players have way too much health. My opinion is that knives should be balanced for stealth...not for overpowering assault rifles.

Also, when explosives kill everyone in the room EXCEPT your teammates, they are overpowered as well. Noobtubes are used judiciously in Hardcore HQ Pro, since Friendly Fire kills you too.

There is no reason to complain about witchers or spammers when they have an entire game mode that invalidates those class setups.

This. It seems like every infuriating, mind-numbing rage-inducing thing about the game disappears when switching to Hardcore. I just wish they'd up the xp you get from hardcore matches, since the slower gameplay + fewer gametypes means you take a real hit to your leveling speed.

rndmhero on
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, so I was like "Prestige? Why not?" last night so I did.

Now I am wailing and gnashing my teeth as I wonder how I ever played this game without Ninja Pro and claymores. Not to mention I miss my M16 badly.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    I get giddy when I shoot down UAV after UAV and listen to people bitch post match.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    People never seem to realize that it only takes a mag of ammo to shoot down a UAV

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    SigtyrSigtyr Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    People never seem to realize that it only takes a mag of ammo to shoot down a UAV

The only problem is that the starting point for UAV's are all one static point. While this can play into your hands, on maps like Skidrow, it's a pain if you're spawning in the basket ball court. While UAV's begin their flight on the other side of the map.

And the Shoot it, and forget it of a Stinger coupled with Scavenger is just a better idea.

Sigtyr on
  • Options
    OmnomnomPancakeOmnomnomPancake Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Gihgehls wrote: »
    This game is awesome.

Funny joke.

OmnomnomPancake on
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

My problem is finding the UAV in the first place. Unless I happen to be looking down when it's shadow passes over me, I'm not gonna be able to find it.

hatedinamerica on
  • Options
    OmnomnomPancakeOmnomnomPancake Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Depending on the gun, that's far too much of my ammo, and a bit too much noise to boot.

OmnomnomPancake on
  • Options
    T0MBERENGERT0MBERENGER Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    rndmhero wrote: »

This. It seems like every infuriating, mind-numbing rage-inducing thing about the game disappears when switching to Hardcore. I just wish they'd up the xp you get from hardcore matches, since the slower gameplay + fewer game types means you take a real hit to your leveling speed.

Yeah, when I just want to level....I have to go back to Regular HQ. Nothing beats 20 kills every match + objective Exp. I pug a lot. Every once in a while I will get into a pug HTDM game and that is a blast. But a lot of times you have to pug against clans and teams. That gets rough.

Hardcore is nice for unlocking FAL and sniper rifle challenges.

T0MBERENGER on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Sheep wrote: »
    Still having fun as well, but this may get traded in when Bad Company 2 comes out.

Xbox 360 version I hope? :D

I won't be trading Modern Warfare 2 in, but I'll definitely be balancing my play between Bad Company 2, Aliens vs. Predator, and this to keep my blood pressure down. If I spend too long playing MW2 I get far too angry and upset. The variety should help!

And yes, I shouldn't get angry at video games. Normally I don't, but when I get knifed by a care package guy for the 18th time I just flip out and toss some curse words out there.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Not to derail, Vacorsis, but speaking of AvP, do we have a thread on it yet? It's supposed to be out in less than 6 weeks.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Michael HMichael H Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hiryu02 wrote: »

Now I am wailing and gnashing my teeth as I wonder how I ever played this game without Ninja Pro and claymores. Not to mention I miss my M16 badly.

The FAMAS is pretty much the same weapon. You should feel right at home with it if you like the M16.

Michael H on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Not to derail, Vacorsis, but speaking of AvP, do we have a thread on it yet? It's supposed to be out in less than 6 weeks.

I'm pretty sure there is one, but it's buried in the depths of the forum somewhere.

Dashui on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Michael H wrote: »

The FAMAS is pretty much the same weapon. You should feel right at home with it if you like the M16.

I do like the FAMAS, I used it before the M16. I just feel that the M16 has an ineffable quality that makes me prefer it over the FAMAS. I think it's the slightly quicker time between bursts.

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Nuzak wrote: »
    previous mw2 threads, condensed:

1193901098610244_l.gif

Hhhhhhaaaavvvveeeee fun. You do not need to win to have fun. Also dual g18s and SP or the updated dog rapist class works wonders against care package glitchers. It is rather fun pissing them off.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    I think the airdrop speed burst is gonna stay, simply to make it viable to get the heck out of dodge if you get it.

Sheep on
  • Options
    TheAngryDealerTheAngryDealer Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    the thing that irritates me about the carepackage glitch is it's so unnecesary. Nothing you get out of the carepackage will count to your kill streak, so it's not like it's necessary to run off and be protected. Just wait till you die and then call it in when you spawn.

TheAngryDealer on
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I think the airdrop speed burst is gonna stay, simply to make it viable to get the heck out of dodge if you get it.

If it has to stay, how about making it so you drop your care package grenade if you get killed while holding it out?

wonderpug on
  • Options
    Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Dashui wrote: »
    Still having fun as well, but this may get traded in when Bad Company 2 comes out.

Are we going 360 for BC2?

Come on you assholes get better PCs so we can play in 32 player matches.

And MW2 is definetly getting traded for MC2 or AvP. Or perhaps even ME2. Shit I forgot about ME2...

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Options
    YerMumYerMum Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm bloody sick of the singleplayer, only a couple of missions to go and the game decides to spawn a million hardasses with RPGs as I'm running away from Makarov's safehouse with the intel. Must have died about 40 times with Ghost shouting "RPG!" *after* I'm exploded. Is it worth replaying from the start of the level to see if it's any less stupid, or am I just going to have to keep on persevering until I make it through via sheer luck?

YerMum on
    Rugged individualist
    Destiny Profile : http://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/7028016
  • Options
    MoogleofdoomMoogleofdoom Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

But giving a speed burst for that reason doesn't make any sense. Let's say you're having a 4 v 4 shoot out with the other team and you kill one of their mans, giving yourself a care package. Are you going to leave your three friends to mop up the remaining three enemies, evening the odds, while you run to safety and wait seven seconds for an ammo refill? No, of course not, you're going to stay and fight. Turning around is going to get you shoot in the back.

The only reason I can see for the speed increase is that since you're no longer holding a gun in your hands it frees you up to move a little faster. But that's way too logical of an argument to make with some of the retarded things this game does.

Moogleofdoom on
    Sometimes magic sounds like tape, Robert.
    xbl: Mirage84
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Kris_xK wrote: »

And MW2 is definetly getting traded for MC2 or AvP. Or perhaps even ME2. Shit I forgot about ME2...

I plan on getting a good PC within the next four months or so.

However, I'll probably use it for WRPGs and TF2 and Valve games.

I also plan on double buying. Sometimes me and the old lady play the same things and we but heads over who gets the 360. Borderlands, L4D, etc.

So far I'll be getting this for the 360.

Sheep on
  • Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Kris_xK wrote: »

Why don't you trade it in for MR2 or CF2?

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    What is MC2?

I got AvP on the GameFly list.

Sheep on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    YerMum wrote: »
    I'm bloody sick of the singleplayer, only a couple of missions to go and the game decides to spawn a million hardasses with RPGs as I'm running away from Makarov's safehouse with the intel. Must have died about 40 times with Ghost shouting "RPG!" *after* I'm exploded. Is it worth replaying from the start of the level to see if it's any less stupid, or am I just going to have to keep on persevering until I make it through via sheer luck?

Stay to the left as you're bookin' it. Its hard to explain, but just stay to the left and run like a madman.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I got AvP on the GameFly list.

We shall slay and consume human meat together! pabh is also getting it, so we should have some good times for multiplayer action starting February and March.

Dashui on
  • Options
    xtaxta Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

i thought it was unfair that you have to wait until lvl 30 to get the stinger. you're a sitting duck for air killstreaks for a while

xta on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    wonderpug wrote: »

If it has to stay, how about making it so you drop your care package grenade if you get killed while holding it out?

Why not just make it impossible to knife while holding it? Problem solved!

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    LookFreeGrenadeLookFreeGrenade Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    or they could do someting like not have lightweight bonus and care package bonus stack

LookFreeGrenade on
    ormskm.jpg20i89qa.jpg73f2j6.jpg
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Skull2185 wrote: »

Stay to the left as you're bookin' it. Its hard to explain, but just stay to the left and run like a madman.

I found the best for me was to head straight back away from the house. Basically exit the basement and go in the exact opposite direction of the front door. Head straight away from the house until you reach the lake. Run and follow the fenceline on your right all the way to the chokepoint. Throw grenades/tubes/flashbangs down about 20ft past and on the right side of the chokepoint. Then run through right after they explode. You'll probably have to kill 1-2 people at most and you'll be out of view of the rest the whole way.

SiliconStew on
    Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Oh, for fucks sake. I go to sleep for a very small amount of time and the thread reached capacity. Oh well.

Any fix to the frictionless mods? Because I'm on hiatus until there is.

Also, holy shit, Gihgehls posted.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Edit: Wrong thread. Damn Modern Warfare 2 and Mass Effect 2 threads!

Dashui on
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Skull2185 wrote: »

I found the best for me was to head straight back away from the house. Basically exit the basement and go in the exact opposite direction of the front door. Head straight away from the house until you reach the lake. Run and follow the fenceline on your right all the way to the chokepoint. Throw grenades/tubes/flashbangs down about 20ft past and on the right side of the chokepoint. Then run through right after they explode. You'll probably have to kill 1-2 people at most and you'll be out of view of the rest the whole way.

God, that was the worst part of the game on Veteran. Grenades, grenades, grendes. Also, light weapons so you can run faster.

Ceno on