Options

[wrestling] SEXY BOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    c'mon guys!!!

I'm starving for info over here!!

Starving!

Moarrrr detailssss

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    c'mon guys!!!

I'm starving for info over here!!

Starving!

Moarrrr detailssss

wwe.com posts results after matches or quickly thereafter. We're all watching Shawn/Taker to supply better info.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm guessing Cena won over douchetista. So smackdown still has the better champ (which would have been the case either way).

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    That moonsault get its target. Which was obviously Undertakers boots.

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    KagliciousKaglicious Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Well, that was a hell of a match.

Kaglicious on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Uhm. Last years was better. This has been a slow WM.

ED! on
  • Options
    animaleanimale Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The best ending.

animale on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Superkick him Shawn!

The hyperbole from the announcers is ridiculous. This is far from the greatest WM moment ever, or hell match ever. For Shawn Michaels last match, it sure as hell lacked the emotion you would expect from the "end" of a career.

ED! on
  • Options
    kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    That was amazing

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    ED! wrote: »
    Superkick him Shawn!

The hyperbole from the announcers is ridiculous. This is far from the greatest WM moment ever, or hell match ever. For Shawn Michaels last match, it sure as hell lacked the emotion you would expect from the "end" of a career.

Look at you, being all wrong and shit.

that match was worth the card alone and was thankfully last.

EvilBadman on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Then you folks have severely low expectations that have been damaged by years of low WWE product. The match certainly had "heart" to it, but not on the level I would expect from someones supposed FINAL match. Multiple tombstones and superkicks and nearfalls does not a "classic" make. Bret and Shawns Iron Man match was a classic. Rock vs. Austin I/II at WM are classics. Steamboat and Savage are classics - this was a classic because the WWE was saying it was.

ED! on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    ED! wrote: »
    Then you folks have severely low expectations that have been damaged by years of low WWE product. The match certainly had "heart" to it, but not on the level I would expect from someones supposed FINAL match. Multiple tombstones and superkicks and nearfalls does not a "classic" make. Bret and Shawns Iron Man match was a classic. Rock vs. Austin I/II at WM are classics. Steamboat and Savage are classics - this was a classic because the WWE was saying it was.

The fact that until the very end, the final tombstone, had me still wondering which way the match would go makes a good match. I was on nails the entire time.

EvilBadman on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I had no doubt how that match would end. Shawn can always "come back" from retirement; Takers "streak" is 18 years in the making. He's not finished until he gets to number 20, then he can retire.

It wasn't a bad match - it just wasn't as exciting as it should have been. Unfortunately there wasn't more emotionality involved in the match beyond Taker being cost his belt by Shawn, and Shawn needing to prove something.

ED! on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    So much incorrect

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Are you guys high! I am literally stunned here at what you guys were seeing that I was not. /shrug

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I just wasn't getting that epic vibe that this match should have had.

ED! on
  • Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Disappointing WM overall.

Jericho/Edge was good, Taker/Shawn was good (but not as good as the first one), everything else ranged from crap to meh.

I absolutely loathe Mysterio, so seeing him do anything other than get his ass kicked and lose infuriates me. Same goes for Cena, although I was fairly sure he would win and I don't care about Batista. The announcers can go fuck themselves for trying to build him up as a technical wrestler, though. One submission move doesn't make you a technical wrestler.

MITB needed way more time. There was no reason to make it a 10-man, and Swagger Winning was wtf? Has Swagger even done anything lately? I hope he loses that shot somehow, because it should've gone to Christian or Kofi.

Tag match was like something off of a regular show. Divas match was a waste of time, as always. Hart/McMahon was ehhhh...

Really regret paying for this.

Reznik on
    Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    This is the only place I've seen people not happy with it, it's surprising.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    My only real disappoint of the night was Triple H didn't really need to win that match. Sheamus came off pretty good in an "wily veteran outsmarts newcomer" type of way, but whatever.

EDIT: Starting with the next PPV I'm running a prediction pool running to WM27.

EvilBadman on
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The dark match was funny. I got the crowd behind the announcers going with a Santino chant and he looked honestly surprised to hear his name being yelled so much. Got to see 3 cobras so its all good he didn't win.

That Vince/Brett match was awful and made the divas match seem good in comparasion.
    Taker/HBK was definately the match of the show and that was a hell of a final tombstone. Only way to top that one would be to do it off the ropes next year.

*Edit cause no one else posted since*

Also I'm willing to be that Swagger will waste his MITB contact on Miz's US belt. The All American American can not live with out the US belt. That way he can be the Two Time Two Time All American American United States Champion. And then go down in the Guiness book of world records for having the longest title in the world.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I have a question. MiTB can really go to anyone, so that didn't really surprise me.

Why the fuck did tHHHor win.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I have a question. MiTB can really go to anyone, so that didn't really surprise me.

I don't understand that either, but Sheamus wasn't completely buried.

EvilBadman on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    EvilBadman wrote: »

I don't understand that either, but Sheamus wasn't completely buried.

Yea, the announcers did a great job of putting Sheamus over throughout the entire thing and he got the majority of the big offense in, just HHH kicked out of two boots to the head which is kind of fucked up.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Fucking stupid ass "I never quit and win"

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Taker vs. Shawn was the only match I marked out on. Just like last year.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I marked out when Swagger got the mitb case, even though he fumbled quite a bit with it.

Amikron Devalia on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I marked out when Swagger got the mitb case, even though he fumbled quite a bit with it.

By the way he was fucking around with it we were expecting a last minute jump from the ropes or something. Quite disappointed.

MagicPrime on
  • Options
    Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I can't think of anyone I'd rather have won it, I figured he was there purely to lose so it was amazing for me to see him win. Though I was hoping he'd come out and bash Cena's brains in when Cena beat Batista.

Amikron Devalia on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hahaha

You think he'll win his MiTB cash in

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I don't think anything, its WWE. I just wanted to see it happen.

Amikron Devalia on
  • Options
    KurnDerakKurnDerak Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I think the problem with the Undertaker/Michaels match is how good last years match was, and trying to put in a second and yet completely different match up to those standards is a very hard thing to do. But that final tombstone was awesome, and hopefully that is something that we never see again as it should be a one time event. Taker seemed to be showing Shawn respect/mercy and got slapped in the face for it. In a match, has Taker ever held off on a tombstone on someone as if showing respect/mercy?

I liked all of the matches myself, except for the Vince/Bret one (obviously). It was sloppy in putting it together and in executing it. And was it just me, or was Bret stumbling over his words when revealing the double swerve? I was honestly expecting something similar to Vince vs. Shawn with some run ins and such, except that the Hart Dynasty would run in for Bret and actually have a good moment.

While the Diva's match wasn't a good match, I didn't mind it for two reasons. It was a short finisher spot fest, and watching Vicki run and scream like a little girl when she turned around to see Beth Phoenix. Also, it worked pretty great for a smoke/piss break for most people.

I didn't expect to get that into the Edge Jericho match, but it was actually better then I expected. I just didn't like the ending. Not that Jericho won, but that the pace seemed to slow down so very much before he did so.

While the tag match was far too short, I still enjoyed it. Not a lot to say there.

MITB, agreed, too short, but some good spots. However, this year was significantly lacking is Shelton running up a ladder just to jump off of it, out of the ring and into everyone else. There really were very few out of the ring jumps and none into a large group of people. Also, I want Kofi to have his hair like that more often. That kind of ponytail mohawk is pretty cool.

I found the Cena/Batista match much more enjoyable than expected. I think part of that was at Red and Jerrys it was the first match where everyone was really vocal. And the fact that I couldn't hear Cena's music until shortly after he got into the ring do to all the booing. As well, when they started the back and forth punching where the crowd usually cheers and boos for the facen and heel respectively, I remember it being a mix of cheers and boos for both.

Good match, bad match, inbetween match, the only thing I learned from Shaemus and Triple H is that if you're IRL friends with Trips, it can get you straight to Wrestlemania without even being in the company for a year. While it was vintage Trips to win in that way and not put a newcomer over, Shaemus still looked pretty decent.

So, Raw tonight going to be the send off of Michaels?

KurnDerak on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The biggest problem with MitB was that there was to many people in it. It looked stupid when there was only 2 or 4 people in the ring, and everyone had to lay outside selling their injuries. Completely took me out of the match.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Basically if they took out MVP, Ziggler, McIntyre and Shelton we would have had roughly the same match with the same big spots. I'm hesitant to pull Shelton but I can't remember anything significant he did in the match.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Will they ever give Kane a decent push again? My sources say... no.

MagicPrime on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    Will they ever give Kane a decent push again? My sources say... no.

Good. Though he does seem to be in the best shape he's been in a while, but I think the role he plays now suits him.

And not that he hasn't earned it, but I hope the WWE gives Shawn an even bigger send off than Flair got just to fuck with Flair.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    One thing I know for sure...HBK is going to deliver an epic promo tonight. He's always been able to bring powerful emotion and intensity when he wants to. Plus we'll probably get one last DX prank, which will probably suck but be fun anyway.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In my general response to Mania, I completely forgot about the triple threat match. I know I forgot something.

Over all, it was what I expected, but oh how satisfying it was to watch Rhodes get punted in the head. And Randy has really gotten into the whole 'I'm crazy' shtick with all of his body movements now. Though I did not see a final counter coming when DiBiase came in after the punt and set up for his finisher.

And Mysterio punk... forgot that too, but thats okay. It was more or less a generic Mysterio fight. Rey can put on good matches, the problem is they all seem to look almost exactly the same after awhile.

KurnDerak on
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I know even real retirements don't stick in wrestling, but I'm curious what's the plan with HBK. Is this just a way to get him some time off, or is (for the moment at least) really considering retirement?

noir_blood on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    With how long he's been wrestling, how many injuries he has had and how much he really has changed over the years, I can see him understanding that Wrestling itself isn't always the top priority. Now, I can definitely see him at some point moving into a behind the scenes spot at the WWE, and would greatly welcome that, though I don't know if he has any interest in that.

KurnDerak on
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Rumor is that Shawn wants to look into a reality show but wants to have it more wholesome then what Hogan's was.

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Everything is pointing to Shawn either retiring or taking a long break.

Kyougu on
This discussion has been closed.