Options

SAINTS!

• Options
    AdrenalineAdrenaline Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    BubbaT wrote: »
    Adrenaline wrote: »
    The Buccaneers have by far the worst WR corps in the league. Since Antonio Bryant left we're featuring Michael Clayton, a WR known for his blocking and also his stone hands, Maurice Stovall, who was supposed to be good but has underachieved and was mostly used on special teams, and Sammie Stroughter, perhaps the lone bright spot. Seventh rounder out of Oregon State. He's a prototypical slot guy.

Oh, and Mark Bradley.

What happened to Clayton? Didn't he catch 90 passes as a rookie or something? Then he just vanished.

I'm not really sure anyone knows. I think he got a case of the drops and just never recovered and fell out of favor.
    Another Buccaneer fan? Hell fucking yes! As for wide outs im hoping some of the good ones slide to us in round 2.Personally I just started ignoring the fact that Clayton is still on the team. It turns out that its surprisingly easy to ignore people that contribute nothing.
    Yep... another Buc fan. God save our team.

Adrenaline on
    I will show you fear in a handful of dust
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    BubbaT wrote: »
    The Buccaneers have by far the worst WR corps in the league. Since Antonio Bryant left we're featuring Michael Clayton, a WR known for his blocking and also his stone hands, Maurice Stovall, who was supposed to be good but has underachieved and was mostly used on special teams, and Sammie Stroughter, perhaps the lone bright spot. Seventh rounder out of Oregon State. He's a prototypical slot guy.

Oh, and Mark Bradley.

What happened to Clayton? Didn't he catch 90 passes as a rookie or something? Then he just vanished.

I'm not really sure anyone knows. I think he got a case of the drops and just never recovered and fell out of favor.
    Another Buccaneer fan? Hell fucking yes! As for wide outs im hoping some of the good ones slide to us in round 2.Personally I just started ignoring the fact that Clayton is still on the team. It turns out that its surprisingly easy to ignore people that contribute nothing.
    Yep... another Buc fan. God save our team.

After last season things cant get much worse. Still im optimistic about Freeman he is the only thing keeping the hope alive.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    bfickybficky Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The Bucs will make the playoffs next year, haven't you heard?

bficky on
    PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Don't tease them. The Bucs won't return to glory till the Glazers finally admit defeat and sell the team to someone who's at least marginally fucking competent.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Marshal is now a dolphin , I think he ended up going for two second round picks.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    wtfgarble.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Okay now that I've composed my thoughts.

Aaaarrrggghhhhh. It just had to be the god damn Dolphins! One of the best WRs in the league right now and fffffffuuuuuuu. I know reactionary moves are bad, but the Bills and Pats are looking like chumps in the division right now. It's so frustrating as a fan.

TRANSITION HERE
    A source sends along this video of a seemingly inebriated Jerry Jones waxing off about Tim Tebow ("he'd never get on the field"), Bill Parcells ("not worth a shit"), and how he got his stadium. Read the rough transcript after the jump.

Jerry Jones: Romo was a miracle.

Other guy: It was a miracle, wasn't it?

JJ: He almost never got in, and he almost was gone. Tebow would never…

Different other guy: What if you were the Jaguars or — would you just, just draft him and sell fucking jerseys?

JJ: That's the only reason I brought in Bill Parcells.

[Laughter]

JJ: [Inaudible. Sounds a little like, "Sell mammoth fuckin' rake," whatever that means.]

JJ: Bill's not worth a shit. I love him.

Different other guy: I know you do.

JJ: Not worth a shit, but I wanted — they were on my ass so bad. J's gotta have a yes man. So to get this fuckin' stadium, I need to bring his ass in.

Different other guy: What, you, you wouldn't take Tebow in the third round?

JJ: Why? He'd never get on the field. I can't get him out there.

[Laughter]

JJ: I can't get him out there.

Source

Hi-larious. It's like his KSK character come to life.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    So whats your team Justin? The Jets?

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Okay now that I've composed my thoughts.

Aaaarrrggghhhhh. It just had to be the god damn Dolphins! One of the best WRs in the league right now and fffffffuuuuuuu. I know reactionary moves are bad, but the Bills and Pats are looking like chumps in the division right now. It's so frustrating as a fan.

TRANSITION HERE
    A source sends along this video of a seemingly inebriated Jerry Jones waxing off about Tim Tebow ("he'd never get on the field"), Bill Parcells ("not worth a shit"), and how he got his stadium. Read the rough transcript after the jump.

Jerry Jones: Romo was a miracle.

Other guy: It was a miracle, wasn't it?

JJ: He almost never got in, and he almost was gone. Tebow would never…

Different other guy: What if you were the Jaguars or — would you just, just draft him and sell fucking jerseys?

JJ: That's the only reason I brought in Bill Parcells.

[Laughter]

JJ: [Inaudible. Sounds a little like, "Sell mammoth fuckin' rake," whatever that means.]

JJ: Bill's not worth a shit. I love him.

Different other guy: I know you do.

JJ: Not worth a shit, but I wanted — they were on my ass so bad. J's gotta have a yes man. So to get this fuckin' stadium, I need to bring his ass in.

Different other guy: What, you, you wouldn't take Tebow in the third round?

JJ: Why? He'd never get on the field. I can't get him out there.

[Laughter]

JJ: I can't get him out there.

Source

Hi-larious. It's like his KSK character come to life.

HOLLLLLYY SHIT! Jerry Jones is an assclown to the nth degree. Gotta love his big Texan Personality though.

What would've made that an Instaclassic if Jerruh also said the following:
    Chasm wrote:
    "Pussytubing."

in that exchange.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    TK-42-1TK-42-1 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    how bout dem cowboys

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    WienkeWienke Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Are wide receivers really worth that many draft picks?

Its always seemed to me that not all receivers transition teams very well. Plus a number of good receivers were late round draft picks.

Plus, I believe there is such a thing as locker room cancer and Marshall seems to fall into that category...

Wienke on
    PSN: TheWienke
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Well Marshall is younger than Moss was when that trade went down, but I think it's more that Miami felt that WR was their biggest issue this year and the draft class is pretty weak on the position, if I remember correctly. Giving up their 2 2nd round picks for a top 5 in the league guy is worth it.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I have this here bridge I'll trade you for four... no three wide receivers!

Seriously though, Marshall projects to be one of the league's star receivers in a few years, barring behavioural issues. He's got speed, but also the size and hands to make bullshit catches all over the field. Even when Cutler was traded out for Orton, Marshall still managed a 100 reception, 1000 yard season, though admittedly that was in an offense that threw to him pretty much every other pass. From a pure talent standpoint, I'd imagine that Marshall'd probably be worth the Dolphins' first round pick even - when you draft at #12, what are the odds you end up with a player with Marshall's talent versus the odds you bust? - and like I said, Fins needed a receiver.

hippofant on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    WR wasn't the 'fins problem last year. Its that they run a gimmick offense 25% of the time and thus there's no rhythm to the offense. Besides, Marshall was like the 25th best WR in the league last year using FO's cumulative stat and just average per pass. He's not a game changer

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    How much you like marshall depends pretty much completely on how severe you think his mental issues are and how effectively you think you can handle them. If you think that a change of scenery is pretty much all he needs, the miami trade was a steal.

Incidentally it seems like he would be a great fit for their wildcat stuff anyway; a receiver who's big enough to block or create matchup problems if they make him a runner on the edge, but who still has to be respected as a deep threat.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So whats your team Justin? The Jets?

Justin you must be so proud.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    ShawnaseeShawnasee Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Marshall for the #43 or Dez Bryant at the #12?

No matter what you think of Marshall's off field issues, he still produces on the field...consistently.

100 rec each of the last 3 years + 1000+ yards the last 3 years + 6+ TD's each of the last 3 years = verifiable on-the-field-in-the-NFL production which is worth a couple 2nd rounders.

And the fins still get a Dan Williams or Sergio Kindle or whoever...
    I love this trade!

Disclaimer:
    <
    Fin Fan

Shawnasee on
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'd hate for Kindle to go to the Phins and wallow in relative obscurity like Orakpo did in DC.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Goose! on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Rooneys cleaning house. They're probably tired of Ben's negative publicity. Between the two sexual assault semi-scandals and the motorcycle accident, they wouldn't be sad if they got good compensation for him.

Edit: Story makes it seem they want a Top 5 pick for Ben. They are not gonna get that, maybe a mid first at best.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    Crazy LarryCrazy Larry Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I don't think they'll get a top 5 pick either, but if I am St. Loius or Cleveland and I can get a pro bowl qb with maybe ten more years left I jump at that instead of hoping that Bradford or someone pans out.

Crazy Larry on
  • Options
    YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I for one did not see this coming....damn

Yougottawanna on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Holy shit , I still think this is isn't serious but a showing of force to get Big Ben to wake the fuck up.

Also isn't it odd how there has been a whole slew of earthshaking deals and news these past few weeks? Usually its always at the draft.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, I'm having a hard time imagining Ben somewhere else, but if the Steelers are serious about offers, I'm interested to see who would bite. The Raiders? Bills? Broncos? Hell, even the 49ers if they weren't really sure about Smith. And they do have two first round picks.

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Roethlisberger to Crabtree with Frank Gore in the backfield has a certain....fear about it if you're in the NFC.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It strikes me as pretty in character for Rooney to do this.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Roethlisberger to Crabtree with Frank Gore in the backfield has a certain....fear about it if you're in the NFC.

Its the nfc west , without Kurt Warner and everyone else the cards lost the 49's could win the division with me as QB.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Gyral wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm having a hard time imagining Ben somewhere else, but if the Steelers are serious about offers, I'm interested to see who would bite. The Raiders? Bills? Broncos? Hell, even the 49ers if they weren't really sure about Smith. And they do have two first round picks.

Barring suspension, this seems an appropriate punishment.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    WienkeWienke Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I hate the Steelers as much as the next guy but getting rid of your Pro Bowl QB? Really?

He's at least a top 10 QB...probably not a top 5 but at least top 10.

It's not like he's declining in production either since he went for well over 4000 yards last year with a pretty good QB rating.

If I owned the Steelers I'd be doing PR control and trying to sweep this under the rug ASAP.

There are plenty of decent QB needy teams that would be a lot more legitimate with him as their QB. Half the NFL would probably love to get this guy on their team.

On Brandon Marshall, mark my words, this time next year Marshall will be demanding a trade or acting like a child.

Wienke on
    PSN: TheWienke
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Brandon Marshall might like Miami. Party city full of clubs drugs and hot chicks. (Based on what I've seen on CSI Miami.)

I'm surprised that the Steelers are clearing house. It's a little early for them to be entering rebuilding mode with their offense, isn't it?, and Tomlin doesn't exactly have the type of tenure that a Bellichick or a Cowher would.

Edit: Oh, and apparently Marshall's from Orlando too

hippofant on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    The Steelers aren't rebuilding. The Rooneys are getting rid of the guys that have problems. Ben to Holmes was a duo that could easily last for another 7 years, but both guys have had off field issues and the Rooneys want them gone. It's a bad image for the team.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Can't risk damaging the Steelers brand long-term. I mean,

http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2010/04/15/ben-roethlisbergers-police-report-accuser-said-he-approached-her-with-his-penis-out-of-his-pants/
    The woman told Lubatti that Roethlisberger had followed her into the bathroom and shut the door. “She continued to say she didn’t want to have sex, but he kept saying, “No, it’s OK.” Lubatti said that her friend told of having unprotected sex with Roethlisberger. After hearing her friend’s account, Lubatti and another woman, Nicole Biancofiore, “walked up to the first cop we saw and told them what happened.”

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Also, so long as the Lions get Suh with the #2 pick, I'll be a happy camper. Lions are winning 6 or 7 games this year!

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, if you read the reports that came out today he sounds guilty as fuck, and would be headed to jail if we didn't treat sexual assault victims like utter crap in this country. Especially if the assaulter is rich and famous.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Also, so long as the Lions get Suh with the #2 pick, I'll be a happy camper. Lions are winning 6 or 7 games this year!

Let's not get too hasty. My goal is 5.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Check this shit out from Smoking Gun...
    • The encounter lasted about ten minutes, beginning from when Roethlisberger entered the back area "with his penis already out of his pants." The alleged victim repeatedly told him she didn't want to have sex, but he kept reassuring her, as they had unprotected sex. She told her friends immediately after, and they reported it to the first police officer they saw.
    • According to her friend, both the girl and Roethlisberger were "noticeably intoxicated". His bodyguards "dragged" the victim to the back, and he followed two minutes later. When her friends approached the bar manager to unlock the bathroom door, he told them "Ben's an NFL quarterback, he won't do anything to ruin his reputation."
    • The alleged victim had met up with Roethlisberger earlier in the night at another bar, where he called her and her sorority sisters "a tease." They ran into him again at Capital City, where the back room was roped off to everyone but Roethlisberger and "10 to 15 girls." One of her friends told police afterwards that she thought the whole thing was a "set-up," and that Roethlisberger had selected the alleged victim earlier in the evening.
    • The alleged victim was wearing a nametag labeled "DTF" When asked, she said it stood for "down to fuck." Roethlisberger replied, "I'm not down to fuck, but I like to fuck girls."
    • One of the girls in the group left the bar angrily after Roethlisberger purchased a round of drinks, saying "all my bitches, take some shots."
    • Roethlisberger's bodyguards were deleting photos from people's cameras and phones that depicted Roethlisberger drinking.
    • When they got home, one of Roethlisberger's friends asked him what had happened in the bathroom. Roethlisberger told him nothing had happened, and that they were just "messing around." He said that she had slipped, and once he had helped her up, he told her they were not going to continue.
    • On March 17, 12 days after the incident, a lawyer for the woman requested that the rape probe be dropped, because "a criminal trial would be a very intrusive experience."

ESPN pulled out a couple more statements from the article. This shit is so ridiculous.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, if you read the reports that came out today he sounds guilty as fuck, and would be headed to jail if we didn't treat sexual assault victims like utter crap in this country. Especially if the assaulter is rich and famous.

More like it's a huge problem when a potential crime involves the word of one person who may or may not have an ulterior motive versus another person. It's really not much better anywhere else in the world. Sexual assault is a difficult fucking case to try even without famous people being involved.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    edited April 2010

I don't know - if we have a draft this year like we had last year, and we're fortunate on the injury front, I think we'll be alright. Maybe I'll got the April Blinders on though, who knows. :P

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010

I don't know - if we have a draft this year like we had last year, and we're fortunate on the injury front, I think we'll be alright. Maybe I'll got the April Blinders on though, who knows. :P

Nothing wrong with being optimistic. We pick the spot after you and im hoping for a .500 season.

EspantaPajaro on