Options

SAINTS!

• Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    KSK's Rex Ryan posts are actually better than their old Mike Vick ones. The Sinners post has to go down as one of my all-time favorites, and not just because it involves my favorite team.

BTW, the Saints got Alex Brown (formerly of the Bears) to replace Charles "My kids gotta eat" Grant.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    big lbig l Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    KSK Joey Porter posts are the actual best. Corporate Peezy, downsizing and reorganizing and shit.

big l on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    maybe joey porter can someday wind up on the jets, and we can merge them

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    VestyVesty Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    the fuck are you doing Steelers? Holmes is only worth a 5th round draft pick? really?

Vesty on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Receivers are worth nothing.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    ANTVGM64ANTVGM64 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Terell Owens and the 2004 Eagles, Randy Moss and the 2007 Patriots, and Jerry Rice and the 2002 Raiders would like to talk to you.

Okay, I know none of those teams won a super bowl, but still.

ANTVGM64 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Perceived to be worth nothing? My point is that Moss was a fourth rounder.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yeah. No.

The words Larry Fitzgerald render that statement ridiculous even as sarcasm.

DHS on
    "Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    And he's one of like three receivers in the league who would be worth even a second, according to GMs. GMs are dumb.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    And he's one of like three receivers in the league who would be worth even a second, according to GMs. GMs are dumb.

Oh, I know, I'm just saying it is patently ridiculous in the face of that evidence.

He's the best thing to come out of the Denny Green era, we really didn't need receivers at the time, but he was perhaps the best talent remaining at the time.

Edit: Forgot how stacked that draft was.

DHS on
  • Options
    DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The fuck? Holmes for a 5th? Really? No idea what the Steelers are thinking.

Drakeon on
    PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Receivers aren't worth nothing, especially not Super Bowl MVP receivers. Remember, the Broncos are looking for a first for Marshall and the Jets got Edwards last year for about a 2nd I believe.

The issue with Holmes is his character. Steelers decided they were fed up and just took their best shot to get rid of him quick.

Goose! on
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Goose! wrote: »
    Receivers aren't worth nothing, especially not Super Bowl MVP receivers. Remember, the Broncos are looking for a first for Marshall and the Jets got Edwards last year for about a 2nd I believe.

The issue with Holmes is his character. Steelers decided they were fed up and just took their best shot to get rid of him quick.

Contract expires end of the season, and facing a suspension for a quarter of the season. So trading him isn't so much the thing, so much as why to the Jets and only for a 5th rounder? I see Braylon and Cotchery on the Jets depth chart, and while those guys aren't great, there are teams out there with basically no wide receivers. The Dolphins are one team that immediately come to mind as a team that could be much better if they had a WR... although Holmes is a deep threat and Pennington's arm sucks, but you know.

hippofant on
  • Options
    big lbig l Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Receivers are worth nothing.

Ha ha ha ha ha. Just because Moss was traded for a 4th rounder doesn't mean he was worth a 4th rounder. Watch the Jaguars with Garrard at QB and nobody at WR and tell me WRs don't make a difference. Or a million other examples if you want more listed.

big l on
  • Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Steve Smith at 31 years old would still be worth a high second round pick. Of course, I found it hilarious that PFT was reporting that Leon Washington MIGHT still be a part of this trade as a "player to be named later" once he finally signs his RFA tender... I mean damn, this isn't baseball!

HooverFan on
    BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Jets are playing a lot of free agency games this off season. It will be interesting to see what they do at the draft. I wonder if they'll package draft picks so they have less picks but higher.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    VestyVesty Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    What gets me the most is the Steelers have become much more pass reliant recently (as opposed to the run heavy we're used to) and they up and trade arguably their best receiver for what seems like the first offer. Character issues aside. They sure are putting a lot of faith into Wallace now.

Vesty on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Jets are playing a lot of free agency games this off season. It will be interesting to see what they do at the draft. I wonder if they'll package draft picks so they have less picks but higher.

Well they've really taken care of their big needs. They have a corner to compliment Revis. They have a receiver for Sanchez to throw to now. Their O line is solid, the D line is gonna get Kris Jenkins back from injury and the D itself was awesome last year. They replaced Thomas Jones with LT, we'll see if that was a good move when the season starts. They're still after Jason Taylor, who plans to make a decision this week. So they have the option to trade up, or just sit and take the best player available.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Well basically my idea stems that since they've played so much in Free Agency that they might package their multitude of picks for a couple high ranking ones and try to make another big splash with say, 2-3 guys instead of 7-9 guys.

Or they could go the reverse and trade down and try to gather as many picks as possible. But for some reason, I feel like the first scenario is more likely.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    ESPN says Roffleburger won't be charged. I have a feeling he won't be suspended either, even though other players such as Pacman Jones were suspended before charges were filed in their respective cases.

And you thought QBs were over-protected on the field.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I hate pulling this card, but this is totally a race thing. Goodell is probably a card carrying KKK member.
    I hate Roger Goodell with the fury of a thousand stars.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I hate pulling this card, but this is totally a race thing. Goodell is probably a card carrying KKK member.
    I hate Roger Goodell with the fury of a thousand stars.

Goodell's a bad commissioner but its because of his anti defense rules and this abortion of a new overtime. He isn't racist.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yeah I'm not convinced of that, actually. The trend of his actions is rather racially divided.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    his whole I AM THE LAW shtick is getting really tired

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Well lets not forget that Holmes was suspended because he violated the substance abuse policy not the fact that he threw a glass at some woman.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Well lets not forget that Holmes was suspended because he violated the substance abuse policy not the fact that he threw a glass at some woman.

And his trade is CLEARLY due to the blatant racism of his head coach.

....what?

DHS on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010
    BubbaT wrote: »
    ESPN says Roffleburger won't be charged. I have a feeling he won't be suspended either, even though other players such as Pacman Jones were suspended before charges were filed in their respective cases.

ben's lucky he's white.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010
    Yeah I'm not convinced of that, actually. The trend of his actions is rather racially divided.
    no lie, i think the scenario would have played out differently if that had been like garrard and a white girl.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    no lie, i think the scenario would have played out differently if that had been like garrard and a white girl.

I think there is a rule that you have to be a good QB to get preferential treatment. Garrad is beyond terrible.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Dynagrip wrote: »

ben's lucky he's white.

I'm divided on whether it's a race thing or a star thing. When the story about Mike Vick's dogfighting broke, Vick wasn't officially suspended until after he pled guilty in August 2007. However, Goodell banned Vick from attending training camp in July - a de facto suspension at a time when Vick was still technically considered innocent.

Like Ben, Vick was:
    - a QB with a 9-figure contract.
    - successful. Granted no SBs, but Vick was a 3x Pro Bowler.
    - a star. One of the league's most popular players, his major sponsors included Coke and Nike, and he was on the cover of Madden.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    And Ben is all those things, being accused of sexual assault, yet Goodell waited for the law to be involved. Where with Vick, he did not.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    And Ben is all those things, being accused of sexual assault, yet Goodell waited for the law to be involved. Where with Vick, he did not.

Was being accused. Not much you can do when they dropped the charges. As for Vick I think the whole media circus and public outcry was why Goodell seemed ban happy.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    i suppose it could also have something to do with the accused's team.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    AdrenalineAdrenaline Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    hippofant wrote: »

Contract expires end of the season, and facing a suspension for a quarter of the season. So trading him isn't so much the thing, so much as why to the Jets and only for a 5th rounder? I see Braylon and Cotchery on the Jets depth chart, and while those guys aren't great, there are teams out there with basically no wide receivers. The Dolphins are one team that immediately come to mind as a team that could be much better if they had a WR... although Holmes is a deep threat and Pennington's arm sucks, but you know.

The Buccaneers have by far the worst WR corps in the league. Since Antonio Bryant left we're featuring Michael Clayton, a WR known for his blocking and also his stone hands, Maurice Stovall, who was supposed to be good but has underachieved and was mostly used on special teams, and Sammie Stroughter, perhaps the lone bright spot. Seventh rounder out of Oregon State. He's a prototypical slot guy.

Oh, and Mark Bradley.

Adrenaline on
    I will show you fear in a handful of dust
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    You know what annoys me the most about the Santonio Holmes trade? The fact that any team would have, and could have, done this trade. Many teams probably said the same thing when the Pats got Moss, but fuck. A late 5th rounder for a potential 1 or 1A receiver? That's piddly shit. I wanna know why he went to the Jets and not anywhere else.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    cause F the pats

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Adrenaline wrote: »
    hippofant wrote: »

The Buccaneers have by far the worst WR corps in the league. Since Antonio Bryant left we're featuring Michael Clayton, a WR known for his blocking and also his stone hands, Maurice Stovall, who was supposed to be good but has underachieved and was mostly used on special teams, and Sammie Stroughter, perhaps the lone bright spot. Seventh rounder out of Oregon State. He's a prototypical slot guy.

Oh, and Mark Bradley.

Another Buccaneer fan? Hell fucking yes! As for wide outs im hoping some of the good ones slide to us in round 2.Personally I just started ignoring the fact that Clayton is still on the team. It turns out that its surprisingly easy to ignore people that contribute nothing.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Pussytubing.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Oh, and Mark Bradley.

What happened to Clayton? Didn't he catch 90 passes as a rookie or something? Then he just vanished.
    You know what annoys me the most about the Santonio Holmes trade? The fact that any team would have, and could have, done this trade. Many teams probably said the same thing when the Pats got Moss, but fuck. A late 5th rounder for a potential 1 or 1A receiver? That's piddly shit. I wanna know why he went to the Jets and not anywhere else.

Maybe Holmes made it known he wanted to go to the Jets. That seems to be the hot spot this offseason.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Oh, and Mark Bradley.

What happened to Clayton? Didn't he catch 90 passes as a rookie or something? Then he just vanished.

Maybe Holmes made it known he wanted to go to the Jets. That seems to be the hot spot this offseason.

He blamed Gruden for his lack of production and suddenly forgetting how to catch. Logically this meant that they should resign him to a big contract based off nothing whatsoever.

EspantaPajaro on