As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super[chat]

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I think my only issue with the PS3 is that I still have the really old fucking small ass controllers.

Anyone know where I can buy one of the good ones for cheap?

urahonky on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Style is everything?

Fake it 'till you make it.

Maybe that's why I can't hold a job for more than six months.

I've had my job for years... ok, over a decade (!) and I'm so unstylish it's not even funny.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited January 2010
    urahonky wrote: »
    I think my only issue with the PS3 is that I still have the really old fucking small ass controllers.

the new ones are the exact same size, only heavier.

You know this, right?

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    *sigh* It's always a shame when a girl you get along with so swimmingly is a friend's girlfriend.

There is a clear solution to this problem.

I was just patting myself on the back the other day for not having fucked my buddy's girlfriends in spite of temptation.

But if Feral insinuates otherwise...

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    syndalis wrote: »

You know this, right?

I guess that'll be better. It feels like I'm going to break the controller if I squeeze too hard.

Plus aren't the new ones more like the PS2 controller?

urahonky on
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    *sigh* It's always a shame when a girl you get along with so swimmingly is a friend's girlfriend.

This is [chat]. The solution is clear. Sit there an mope about it while pining longingly for her.

Hey I've been doing that for two years and look at me

I may be neurotic and depressed and starting down the slippery slope to alcoholism, but objectively my life has improved exponentially and I'm probably predisposed to alcohol abuse anyway

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    The Crowing OneThe Crowing One Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Res wrote: »

This is [chat]. The solution is clear. Sit there an mope about it while pining longingly for her.

I may be neurotic and depressed and starting down the slippery slope to alcoholism, but objectively my life has improved exponentially and I'm probably predisposed to alcohol abuse anyway

Sometimes, in the depths of my despair, I have a moment of messed-up clarity when I realize that I was happier when I drank myself to sleep every night.

EDIT: Today is really not a good day, it seems.

The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited January 2010

You know this, right?

I guess that'll be better. It feels like I'm going to break the controller if I squeeze too hard.

The new ones ARE the PS2 controllers, just with bluetooth and gyroscopes.

The old ones are PSX controllers, pre-rumble, with bluetooth and gyroscopes.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Sometimes, in the depths of my despair, I have a moment of messed-up clarity when I realize that I was happier when I drank myself to sleep every night.

that's the spirit

I have a bottle of Johnny Walker, we should share stories of drinking scotch over a nice scotch

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010

I was just patting myself on the back the other day for not having fucked my buddy's girlfriends in spite of temptation.

I'm not saying you have to sneak around behind his back... especially if he wants to watch.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited January 2010

that's the spirit

I have a bottle of Johnny Walker, we should share stories of drinking scotch over a nice scotch

Sounds like a plan. I have no obligations come Friday. This also means 98% of my willpower will be funneled toward not spending all my time drunk.

The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Johnny Walker
    nice scotch

oh shit, don't let the dudes in the alcohol thread hear you say that

they hate them some JWB something fierce

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited January 2010

You know this, right?

The new ones ARE the PS2 controllers, just with bluetooth and gyroscopes.

The old ones are PSX controllers, pre-rumble, with bluetooth and gyroscopes.

Sweet. That's all I needed to hear, thanks!

urahonky on
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Res, you're going to die.

Like the objective goose you are.

Daxon on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

I wasn't. I was drinking to be numb and being very successful at it. I'm happier now that I'm not numb.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    Johnny Walker
    nice scotch

Is it at least 40% alcohol? Yeah. That fits my definition of "nice".

The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010

I'm not saying you have to sneak around behind his back... especially if he wants to watch.

It is as if you live in an entirely different culture than everyone else. You must have missed the memo that the 60's is over.

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Johnny Walker
    nice scotch

JWB is the best.

Why the fuck do they hate JWB?

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Johnny Walker
    nice scotch

Fuck those guys then, JWB is the drink of kings.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2010

I wasn't. I was drinking to be numb and being very successful at it. I'm happier now that I'm not numb.

I think that may be why I was happier.

It's not rational, so I figure that's a step in the right direction.

And I've been effectively sober for over two years now, drinking maybe 2-4 times a year.

The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010

you guys are depressing. I drink because it is fun.

JebusUD on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Daxon wrote: »
    Res, you're going to die.

Like the objective goose you are.

We're all going to die.

I think this is a pretty healthy outlook, considering. I can't control how I feel. But I can control what I do. I've been doing some pretty awesome shit.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    JebusUD wrote: »

It is as if you live in an entirely different culture than everyone else. You must have missed the memo that the 60's is over.

Frankly, it's a tragedy.

Fucking arbitrary morals and those goddamn sexually-transmitted diseases!

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    You must have missed the memo that the 60's is over.

I keep telling that to black people but they refuse to re-segregate.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

And I've been effectively sober for over two years now, drinking maybe 2-4 times a year.

I'll be 12 years sober this June.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Woah woah woah, let's not get crazy here. I love me some JWB, but it is at best a passable scotch.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I think I will try Scotch when I get off-call next week.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

right, well maybe you missed that the 70's is over then. All the sex and drugs without any of the hope.

What is it like to live in magical sex land?

JebusUD on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Woah woah woah, let's not get crazy here. I love me some JWB, but it is at best a passable scotch.

Oh you son of a goose

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010
    Man, I want the music in the Launch Trailer for ME2.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You know, there's a special category for potables that aren't necessarily the best, but they're decent, affordable, and available just about anywhere.

JWB is at home in that category.

I can go to any random supermarket (except in Washington because yall are suckers) and know that they'll have JWB.

Feral on

• Options
    edited January 2010

It's all about why you drink. I was drinking because I couldn't handle the things in my life. My girl drinks because she's out with friends. She doesn't have a problem.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010

I did half-jokingly ask if they were looking for a third when we were all out drinking, but nobody seized on it.

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

I'll be 12 years sober this June.

Surprisingly enough there are a number of now-sober forumers whose mere presence tend to give me a lift.

The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010

It's all about why you drink. I was drinking because I couldn't handle the things in my life. My girl drinks because she's out with friends. She doesn't have a problem.

I really can't relate to "I drink to mask problems" It is entirely foreign to me.

JebusUD on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

I really can't relate to "I drink to mask problems" It is entirely foreign to me.

Good!

Keep it that way.

The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Truth.

Of course, I also adore Jack Daniels, Sailor Jerry and Jameson far more than their pricetag says I should... tasty tasty booze that isn't $texas priced is always a win in my book.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    edited January 2010

right, well maybe you missed that the 70's is over then. All the sex and drugs without any of the hope.

What is it like to live in magical sex land?

Why so serious?

Feral on

• Options
    edited January 2010

I did half-jokingly ask if they were looking for a third when we were all out drinking, but nobody seized on it.

I don't know if I could go with the 2 dudes three way. I mean, if it was a good friend it would probably be weird. If it was a stranger it would be weirder. Plus, I'm not into dudes, so it seems like it might get a little boring for one of the guys.

everything always looks more fun in porn.

JebusUD on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    Hence all the spitting.

JustinSane07 on
This discussion has been closed.