As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dr. JoeUser or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Get a Job

NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap.Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
edited March 2010 in Social Entropy++
What kinda jobs do you guys have?

Do you hang out with this guy?

dirtyjobsvideopodcastf1.jpg

or this guy?

officespace402a061907.jpg

Myself, I am a broke ass freelance web designer/developer. My goal for the next year is to ramp up my skills and knowledge of LAMP and JavaScript so I can have a really nice portfolio that will (hopefully) get me out of the freelance business and into a solid and steady job with decent pay.

If you are currently looking for work, got an interview coming up, or whatever, let us(JoeUser) know!

rotate.jpg
PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
Nogs on

• Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    ill say right off the bat here and say that JoeUser is a class act and probably the nicest dude on the forum

homey is aces

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    JoeUser is very nice.

I am a salesman at an auto dealership.

So I am a mix of both.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    humblehumble Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    i am a full time student with 3 jobs currently
    having no time sucks

but i enjoy them all

humble on
  • Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    my cousin is a used car salesman

im not saying that all car salesmen are sleazeballs

but my cousin sure isnt helping the stereotype

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Mike Rowe got is start in showbiz by crashing an opera audition

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    vermiculturevermiculture Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I am Milton.

vermiculture on
    steam id: vermiculture
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    ill say right off the bat here and say that JoeUser is a class act and probably the nicest dude on the forum

homey is aces

he is a stand-up dude indeed

Usagi on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    third'd

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    Josiah_9Josiah_9 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Work is mind numbingly slow today. I think these days are worse than the crazy busy ones, at least time goes fast.

Josiah_9 on
    Saturate.jpg
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

homey is aces

:oops:

Shucks, thanks! :)

JoeUser on
  • Options
    cogellcogell Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I get paid to go camping

cogell on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    work this afternoon is primarily been the emailing of funny pictures back and forth to each other

right now the winner is a wood-fired steam powered El Camino

Usagi on
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Walking to work in this weather is going to suck.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Joe brightens up the forum with pictures of cute animals.

I've got to go work at our other branch tomorrow, our branch which is boring as hell, to cover because someone is on holiday and someone else is having fits. Literally having fits. I'm taking about ten books. Luckily it is only a one off and I'll get to go back to my nice busy shop.

Liiya on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Usagi wrote: »
    work this afternoon is primarily been the emailing of funny pictures back and forth to each other

Let me see, please.

Josiah_9 on
    Saturate.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Josiah_9 wrote: »
    Usagi wrote: »

Let me see, please.
    woodburningelcamino.png

Usagi on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I am currently doing interface testing for medical programs made by three different companies

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Excellent thank you!

Josiah_9 on
    Saturate.jpg
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Liiya wrote: »

I've got to go work at our other branch tomorrow, our branch which is boring as hell, to cover because someone is on holiday and someone else is having fits. Literally having fits. I'm taking about ten books. Luckily it is only a one off and I'll get to go back to my nice busy shop.

What was the resolution of that whole "it's freezing in here!" thing with your boss?

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    guys, im so excited

i think this might be the first thread i've ever made in SE++ that isn't going to get locked

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    oh god

oh god i think i just jinxed it

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    sure did

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    wait wait no i didn't

apparently i have a horrible memory, because my thread history says i have made other threads before

fuckin just retconned that shit

i win!

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I want to go into marketing.

Or get hired to write stuff without putting in any real effort

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm a computer guy for a financial aid office.

My job ranges from working with the SQL network and delivering data in scrumptious bite sized portions or designing Flash communications to send out to potential freshman applicants or the lowest of the low which involved telling my superior this morning that her computer wouldn't turn on because it wasn't plugged in.

I will be leaving this job in June, and it will be a glorious day.

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    DrZiplock wrote: »

What was the resolution of that whole "it's freezing in here!" thing with your boss?

He got the phone call from the HSE (Health and Safety Executive) saying he would be sent a letter about the unacceptable temperature and that he must make acceptable changes in a certain amount of time (which is due to run out soon).

My boss told another member of staff this and claimed that he set the HSE straight, saying that the rules were different for florists and that he had got the HSE guy to apologise to him. My manager phoned the HSE and turns out our boss had lied, and that the rules aren't different at all. That we should be provided with at least one warm room.

This week my boss came in while the manager and I were there and told us about this letter, and gave us the same lie as the other member of staff, and that we could put the single heater on for one hour during dinner time, in a room that isn't the workroom. We played dumb but his time is running out next week I think. I'm not sure what my manager is going to do next. It's still cold until then.

Liiya on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Monkeyfeet wrote: »

We should talk.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

He got the phone call from the HSE (Health and Safety Executive) saying he would be sent a letter about the unacceptable temperature and that he must make acceptable changes in a certain amount of time (which is due to run out soon).

My boss told another member of staff this and claimed that he set the HSE straight, saying that the rules were different for florists and that he had got the HSE guy to apologise to him. My manager phoned the HSE and turns out our boss had lied, and that the rules aren't different at all. That we should be provided with at least one warm room.

This week my boss came in while the manager and I were there and told us about this letter, and gave us the same lie as the other member of staff, and that we could put the single heater on for one hour during dinner time, in a room that isn't the workroom. We played dumb but his time is running out next week I think. I'm not sure what my manager is going to do next. It's still cold until then.

Well, this guy is certainly a tool.

Hopefully things get taken care of soon!

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I want a job with very little responsibility, very flexible schedule, and huge pay ($Texas or higher). Also does not require university degree, and possibly provides a never questioned limitless expense account.

Mr. Buttons on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Have your manager call HSE again once time has run out. Damn, just wanna get warm.

Josiah_9 on
    Saturate.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Well, this guy is certainly a tool.

Hopefully things get taken care of soon!

He is! Thanks! I hope it does too.

Liiya on
  • Options
    MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

We should talk.

are you offering me a job? I can write some pretty decent erotica

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010

We should talk.

are you offering me a job? I can write some pretty decent erotica

No, I was just going to warn you about the mind numbing experience that is having to write with no real effort being made.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Josiah_9 wrote: »

Have your manager call HSE again once time has run out. Damn, just wanna get warm.

Yep this is what he's gonna do, he has a copy of the letter our boss was sent so we have proof that my boss is wrong in writing :^:

Liiya on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    JoeUser got me the job I have now. Fact.

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    WeretacoWeretaco Cubicle Gangster Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I want a job with very little responsibility, very flexible schedule, and huge pay ($Texas or higher). Also does not require university degree, and possibly provides a never questioned limitless expense account.

Running for political office? ;)

Weretaco on
    Unofficial PA IRC chat: #paforums at irc.slashnet.org
  • Options
    MHYoshimitzuMHYoshimitzu Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Work logged me in at ten whole hours this week. Whoopdee doo.

If another week passes like the past few have, I am just going to man up and get some sort of night shift job doing something, because goddamn I am not used to having all this free time

MHYoshimitzu on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Weretaco wrote: »

Running for political office? ;)

Senator Buttons here we go!

Mr. Buttons on
  • Options
    MHYoshimitzuMHYoshimitzu Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Fallout wrote: »
    JoeUser got me the job I have now. Fact.

He is very excellent at what he does. Even though the jobs he found for me didn't pan out, he found me listings where I wouldn't have even considered looking. Kudos to JoeUser!

MHYoshimitzu on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Joe, if you are there, what do you do for a living? What is your job?

Liiya on
This discussion has been closed.