As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This is how people use the internet.

• Options
    UmaroUmaro Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    NotACrook wrote: »
    Umaro wrote: »
    Ooh I like that. But now I need a cool background image. HUBBLE TIME.

http://www.eso.org/public/images/eso1006a/

Helloooo nurse.

Umaro on
    Dogs.jpg
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Smart Hero wrote: »

Opera's quick dial..

what's an opera

the browser that has everything every other browser needs 15 addons for but still runs faster and uses less RAM and runs faster and uses less RAM

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I honestly did not think people were this stupid.

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I read that as Oprah's quick dial

God damn now I need to wrestle an alligator and grow a beard to counteract that

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    NotACrook wrote: »
    Ooh I like that. But now I need a cool background image. HUBBLE TIME.

http://www.eso.org/public/images/eso1006a/

Helloooo nurse.

Don't forget to check Astronomy Picture of the Day

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap100211.html

example: BIG image

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Opera's quick dial..

what's an opera

the browser that has everything every other browser needs 15 addons for but still runs faster and uses less RAM and runs faster

And that site is useful because they don't have to figure out how to install a whole new browser when they don't even know what a browser IS.

It's OS/Browser Agnostic (well, except maybe IE6) so I'd say it's more useful.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Opera's quick dial..

what's an opera

the browser that has everything every other browser needs 15 addons for but still runs faster and uses less RAM and runs faster and uses less RAM

I've grown to love Chrome's tabs way too much to go back to ye olde style.

edit: I just realized that I can push a tab all the way to the left and it squishes down. <3

MKR on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Once I drive somewhere once I'm usually good for future trips, unless I go during a different time of day. For some reason all those landmarks disappear when you're driving at night

Javen on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    MKR wrote: »

Opera's quick dial..

what's an opera

I like that you can just drag a tab to another screen easily with chrome, you need one step more with opera. But what else do you mean?

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Opera's quick dial..

what's an opera

edit: I just realized that I can push a tab all the way to the left and it squishes down. <3

Oh hey, that's neat. I like how you can merge and split windows.

Umaro on
    Dogs.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I think I've just grown way too used to opera, having used it since version 5 or 6.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Opera's quick dial..

what's an opera

I like that you can just drag a tab to another screen easily with chrome, you need one step more with opera. But what else do you mean?

Smooth tab sliding (none of that tiny blue insert cursor crap), squishy tabs (move it to the left and it cuts out the text). And don't even get me started on memory use and interface responsiveness. It's snappy as hell.

MKR on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I've started using my page up and page down keys almost exclusively for scrolling and I loooove it.

Umaro on
    Dogs.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Opera's quick dial..

what's an opera

Smooth tab sliding (none of that tiny blue insert cursor crap), squishy tabs (move it to the left and it cuts out the text). And don't even get me started on memory use and interface responsiveness. It's snappy as hell.
    You had me until interface respnsiveness.
    Really? I have FF, Chrome and Opera installed, and no other browser comes even near to having an interface half as responsive as Opera. Chrome is sluggish as fuck compared to it

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Opera's quick dial..

what's an opera

You had me until interface respnsiveness.
    Really? I have FF, Chrome and Opera installed, and no other browser comes even near to having an interface half as responsive as Opera. Chrome is sluggish as fuck compared to it

It's the opposite for me. Though FF and Opera are equal in usability and speed for me.

MKR on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    And right-click + mouse wheel is the best thing since mouse gestures imho, and neither chrome nor firefox can do it properly

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    strange. could this be a RAM issue? I only have two GB, maybe chrome gets faster with more

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    strange. could this be a RAM issue? I only have two GB, maybe chrome gets faster with more

1.5GB and an ancient Intel Celeron M.

MKR on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    okay, maybe it's reversed then, and opera works better with more :P

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The best is when it's a Senator or Congressman doing it. Boy howdy do I love that.

Senators are Congressmen.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The best is when it's a Senator or Congressman doing it. Boy howdy do I love that.

and that's just wrong

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    oh man browser war

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    oh man browser war

It was a polite discussion.

MKR on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    oh man browser war

yeah. As I wrote, I have every browser installed and up to date, when I run into problems with one
    Opera hates my bank's site, Chrome hates my ebay account for some reason, firefox is the red-headed step child that gets no love at all.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    And right-click + mouse wheel is the best thing since mouse gestures imho, and neither chrome nor firefox can do it properly

when I have to use firefox at work, I find myself trying to do things I can do in opera and then looking dumb.

:(

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    EtchEtch Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    My dad still uses some weird MSN browser that came installed on the computer when he bought it some 7 or so years ago.

Etch on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Etch wrote: »
    My dad still uses some weird MSN browser that came installed on the computer when he bought it some 7 or so years ago.

on the bright side, it's probably way too old for any malware

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    oh man browser war

yeah. As I wrote, I have every browser installed and up to date, when I run into problems with one
    Opera hates my bank's site, Chrome hates my ebay account for some reason, firefox is the red-headed step child that gets no love at all.

i was kidding guys

i use ff and chrome

Chrome is kind of hard on my computer if i try to use it like i use ff, with a dozen tabs open. I'm trying to wean myself off of too many tabs, get it down to two or three anyway.

I haven't tried Opera in a year.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Some might call this pedantic but I really hate how the news refers to the House as Congress and the Senate as just the Senate.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Butters wrote: »

Some might call this pedantic but I really hate how the news refers to the House as Congress and the Senate as just the Senate.

What news?

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    EtchEtch Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Etch wrote: »

on the bright side, it's probably way too old for any malware

Oh no it gets malware just fine.

Etch on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Butters wrote: »

What news?

You know that guys that used to play with Huey Lewis? Not them.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2010
    Jordyn wrote: »

when I have to use firefox at work, I find myself trying to do things I can do in opera and then looking dumb.

What are these things?

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The Geek wrote: »

What are these things?

Right click + scroll wheel scrolls through your tabs in a small tab window
    The way the password management works (you have a "wand" button for auto-entering passwords and don't have to click on a login button that's at a different place on every page)
    Quickly downloading a bunch of stuff from a page with ctrl shift L
    Saving stuff in opera's internal clip board
    Quickly activate/deactivate pop-up control, plug-ins, java and javascript by pressing f12
    Block a single thing on any page with right click, block content, and shift-clicking
    Still being able to use web page when you have any browser dialogue open

stuff like that I usually miss

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    This is fascinating. At first I thought it just might be people trolling, but I guess it really isn't.

wow.

Langly on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

What are these things?

The way the password management works (you have a "wand" button for auto-entering passwords and don't have to click on a login button that's at a different place on every page)
    Quickly activate/deactivate pop-up control, plug-ins, java and javascript by pressing f12
    Block a single thing on any page with right click, block content, and shift-clicking

whoa, downloading now

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2010
    Sheri wrote: »
    "Slow children at play" signs are my favorite.

4351650654_16a4d0ee4c_o.jpg

So morbid.

zombies do tend to be slow

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Trying Opera for the first time in like 7 years.

Butters on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

What are these things?

The scroll wheel thing, and I don't have mouse gestures installed on my firefox at work (these computers tend to break easily, it's best to not...fiddle with them). So sometimes I'll suddenly do a goofy mouse thing and nothing will happen and I'll be like "oh yeah..."

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Also, I honestly think Chrome is ugly. Unless they've changed it to actually respect system theme.

And also, Opera does so many things that other browsers do that I'm so used to that I don't even think about them anymore.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are