As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

fl0w is free on US PSN right now

LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
edited February 2010 in Games and Technology
and it is pretty good too.

Go get.

Edit: That is the PS3 version, don't know about the PSP version.

LewieP on

• Options
    Yellow RangerYellow Ranger Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I came this close to buying flow a few weeks ago, glad I held off. So far I like flow a lot, but then I played the hell out of flower so I guess this is right up my ally.

Yellow Ranger on
    sigcx.jpg
  • Options
    PelviscostelloPelviscostello Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Awesome! Been jonesin' for this for a while.

Pelviscostello on
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I've never bought anything for my PSP, but this seems like as good of an opportunity as any. How do you go about using the online store? I've set up an account but have no idea how to purchase things.

Edit: I just realized, you probably need official firmware to use the PSN Store, don't you?

LoveIsUnity on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    You'd think a co-op game would make more sense for Valentine's Day, but hey, free game! I don't care for the controls much, but it is gorgeous to look at and listen to.

Darlan on
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I tinkered around with it a little last night and I think it said up to 4 people.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    TurboGuardTurboGuard Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    This game would be SOOOOO much more enjoyable if you didn't have to use the shitsuxaxis.

TurboGuard on
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    TurboGuard wrote: »
    This game would be SOOOOO much more enjoyable if you didn't have to use the shitsuxaxis.

Agreed.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    aunsophaunsoph Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    What exactly is the problem with Sixaxis?

aunsoph on
  • Options
    ShensShens Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I get annoyed by waggle after awhile. My hands were getting tired of moving the little guy around after an hour or so.

Also, the PSP version is not free (7.99USD or so?). Just the PS3 version is free.

Shens on
  • Options
    AiranAiran Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The Sixaxis controls don't translate well to what is displayed on screen. To go up you must tilt the controller forward, go down - tilt your controller backward, and so on. It felt weird to me because I kept thinking I should drive the snake thing like a tank, but no, tilt forward is up, tilt left is left, etc.

The download is IP monitored to US IPs only, but if you know how to use proxies, then you can get it easy.

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
  • Options
    Radikal_DreamerRadikal_Dreamer Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Ok, I guess my fl0w isn't broken, and neither is my sixaxis. I couldn't wrap my brain around it, and so I showed it to my fiance and she figured it out in a few seconds. My problem was that I didn't know pulling the controller forward or back controlled up or down movement and I hold my controller pretty far back from level, so it was always pointed back. I got it now.

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
  • Options
    BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Free for Canada too =)

Bamelin on
  • Options
    Mr.BrickMr.Brick Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    yay Canada!
    For how long??
    Im stuck at work right now and probably wont be done til tomorrow at some point.

Mr.Brick on
    pew pew pew
  • Options
    BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Mr.Brick wrote: »
    yay Canada!
    For how long??
    Im stuck at work right now and probably wont be done til tomorrow at some point.

Today only from what I understand

Bamelin on
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I played it and beat it, don't see what all the fuss is about.

unintentional on
  • Options
    DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Darlan wrote: »
    You'd think a co-op game would make more sense for Valentine's Day, but hey, free game! I don't care for the controls much, but it is gorgeous to look at and listen to.

You can play co-op, it's 2 players.

DHS Odium on
    Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I was like "FUCK!" because I just bought the PSP version, but then I read the thread, and it turns out it's still cool.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Ohh, i almost forgot to snag this.
    Also I didn't know they had the PS1 Final Fantasies up, including tactics...
    I'm tempted to get 8 so can play through it in a self torturing sort of way.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    SickwithJusticeSickwithJustice Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Played through it. I didn't have any issues with the sixaxis controls after a bit, but I can see why some people would hate it. In fact, I'm not sure I would have played through it without the motion controls simply because the game would have been too easy.

I had plenty of fun with it, but I really couldn't imagine paying anything for it. The PSP version for $7 dollars sounds a bit silly to me.

SickwithJustice on