As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

(Super) Street Fighter IV: Final new challenger revealed! Hakan trailer in OP!

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    So, let me get this straight: Hakan has 7 daughters, who have different hats to differentiate one from another, has his own action figure which one of his daughter owns, and has a wife that rides a segway to keep up with him?

Best. Character. Ever.

I think his daughters who have different variations of his hair according to age. They aren't hats.

I believe that Hakan's hair is a reference to classical Greco-Roman sculpture, where many statues show men with large, defined curls. Like Michelangelo's David. His hair is a stylized version of that.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    He got Dq'd for pausing? I guess that's another reason to get a stick over pad, to avoid accidental stuff like that.

Also:

image snip

Dudley is now a member of Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. Hakan's is decent, not sure what Bison is up to.

It kind of looks like Bison has some sort of sleeveless power armor thing going on (think Ironman). That picture almost makes him look like an action figure though.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Barrabas wrote: »
    He got Dq'd for pausing? I guess that's another reason to get a stick over pad, to avoid accidental stuff like that.

Also:

image snip

Dudley is now a member of Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. Hakan's is decent, not sure what Bison is up to.

It kind of looks like Bison has some sort of sleeveless power armor thing going on (think Ironman). That picture almost makes him look like an action figure though.

I got to say, Hakan's regular outfit is boss as fuck by default. He's got big chains, a lion belt buckle and a shoulder strap. Plus, his "sprite" isn't mirrored when facing left or right, which is a really cool aspect of his design.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So, let me get this straight: Hakan has 7 daughters, who have different hats to differentiate one from another, has his own action figure which one of his daughter owns, and has a wife that rides a segway to keep up with him?

Best. Character. Ever.

I think his daughters who have different variations of his hair according to age. They aren't hats.

I believe that Hakan's hair is a reference to classical Greco-Roman sculpture, where many statues show men with large, defined curls. Like Michelangelo's David. His hair is a stylized version of that.

Those are swimming caps not hair.

Valiantheart on
    PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options
    House of PaincakesHouse of Paincakes Spokane, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

Also:

-SNIP-

Bison's got a fucking cape, that's what he's up to! :twisted:

House of Paincakes on
  • Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Proud to be seemingly the only person who thinks Hakan looks dumb as hell.

Can't wait for improved online shit. Lobbies are going to revive the game for me.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Also:

-SNIP-

Bison's got a fucking cape, that's what he's up to! :twisted:

Want Bison changes news!

Valiantheart on
    PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    FightTest wrote: »

Haters gonna hate. :P

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Best. Character. Ever.

Those are swimming caps not hair.

I disagree, but honestly his design is so nuts it could go either way, but until Capcom says it's otherwise, I'll maintain that it's hair.

Besides, how do you account for his sideburns/mustache being the exact same color?

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Can't wait for improved online shit. Lobbies are going to revive the game for me.

i like that there are people like you, because then you will be mad when you lose to Hakan

and you will say things like

"fuck that guy, he's dumb as hell. this is bullshit."

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I disagree, but honestly his design is so nuts it could go either way, but until Capcom says it's otherwise, I'll maintain that it's hair.

Besides, how do you account for his sideburns/mustache being the exact same color?

For him sure, but for his daughters it looks way different.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/streetfighter/images/f/f7/Hakan_art.jpg

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Haters gonna hate. :P

I find him horrifying.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    House of PaincakesHouse of Paincakes Spokane, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Regarding Shine pausing during the last tournament, he did it at least a couple times but it was always during ultra animations. I don't think they DQed him but they warned that other tournaments (like EVO) would give that round to his opponent so he better knock it off.

House of Paincakes on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

For him sure, but for his daughters it looks way different.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/streetfighter/images/f/f7/Hakan_art.jpg

Actually not really. His daughters have light green hair. His wife appears to be blond. Hakan's is blue.

Blue plus yellow makes green. The lighter color and lesser number of curls denotes the daughters' age.

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    B-b-but HAIR DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY! :P

I don't know, on his daughters the hair totally looks like caps.

I can't believe I'm actually arguing this lol.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm not sure on the hair or cap arguement, it looks like his is hair but the daughters it could be a helmet, some kind of cheese head like GO DAD!!! novelty item or hair.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm not really arguing per se. But he's a design I'm loving, and I think I know where the designer was going with him.

Think of his hair as a majestic shroom patch, that happens to look like a stylized version of the hair of an old statue.

If his shroom patch is full grown, and has reached the full darkening of color, then logically his offspring would have smaller patches of shrooms, that have yet to grow and darken to their full shroominess.

Also the color is right if you just mix the color of his and his wife's hair, and lighten the result a bit to account for youth.

It all makes sense in a weird Street fighter way.

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Also the daughters have little spiky fringes. A hat or cap probably wouldn't include those.

I learned yesterday that the random number god hates me. I did randoms with some guy and he gets rufus ryu sagat rufus rufus akuma ryu. I on the other hand get rose. And blanka.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Seems his random was a Tier whore.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Regarding Shine pausing during the last tournament, he did it at least a couple times but it was always during ultra animations. I don't think they DQed him but they warned that other tournaments (like EVO) would give that round to his opponent so he better knock it off.

I'm actually surprised they wouldn't be doing that already. That's how we run tourneys here as well, you press start you lose the round. Pressing start can really mess up someone's rhythm. Heck, I pressed start once and it messed ME up. :\

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    And the easy fix is to just change the properties of pause in local multiplayer, have it pop up like "Player 1 has requested a pause, press start to confirm" with like a 3 second timer that player 2 has to press start for the game to pause. If it's at the top of the screen it would have almost 0 effect on a game that way.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Or have the option to disable pause completely. If Smash Bros can have it, why can't SF4? :\

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    shadydentistshadydentist Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    stigweard wrote: »
    It's sad to think that likely more than haldf of all the games played over live look something like this: Exhibition match @ Battlefield 12

lulz.

I like at the end, when Seb was all like ..."well that was exciting."

And the other commentator was all "No it was not."

shadydentist on
    Steam & GT
    steam_sig.png
    GT: Tanky the Tank
    Black: 1377 6749 7425
  • Options
    aBlankaBlank Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    or you could just not hit the pause key ^_^

aBlank on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    aBlank wrote: »
    or you could just not hit the pause key ^_^

While it is rare, sometimes peoples fingers honestly do slip. Which can suck big time when you lose a match you should have won to something like that.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    More leaked alts:
    T. Hawk is pretty stereotypical. Ibuki gets her uniform. I can't tell what's different about Sakura's or Guy's, and Abel seems to have Alex's headband and a version of his suspenders, or it could be a commando outfit.

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    More leaked alt costumes:

girlsz.jpg

24112716.jpg

Edit: HiRyu!!!!!!!!! :P

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    solsovlysolsovly Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Pausing when you get hit by an ultra? What's he trying to do, skip the animation?

Play Tekken and you'll understand. :(

(I hold all three kicks during every Ultra animation these days)

The right move is to just skip Tekken.
    I kid
    not really

solsovly on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Is Abel in like commando gear or something there?

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Your posting-fu is no match for my forum trolling techniques. My posting-fu is superior!

:winky:

Edit: reposted for totp goodness:

More leaked alts:
    T. Hawk is pretty stereotypical. Ibuki gets her uniform. I can't tell what's different about Sakura's or Guy's, and Abel seems to have Alex's headband and a version of his suspenders, or it could be a commando outfit.

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    More leaked alt costumes:

girlsz.jpg

24112716.jpg

Your posting-fu is no match for my forum trolling techniques. My posting-fu is superior!

:winky:

/shake fist
    2nqe5g0.jpg

:whistle:Heyyy.. This Seth is on Fire...:whistle:

Edit:
    img00131201003110952.jpg

Laugh at Rufus'

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Curses! your counterhit post stuffed my reversal posting-ken!

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    :whistle:Heyyy.. This Seth is on Fire...:whistle:

I don't know if that's awesome or awful.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Umm, so what's up with Guy? He gets a belt and headband and that's it?

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    It's suppose to be his outfit from the Final Fight games.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Umm, I played FF in the arcade, and he had no headband. The belt I remember but the headband is a new addition. And yes I'm that old.

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    thepassengerthepassenger Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »
    It is homage to Alex from SF3.

thepassenger on
    PSN: ohvermie <- ADD ME FOR STREET FIGHTING ACTION!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »
    It is homage to Alex from SF3.

I was thinking that too, but the suspenders are up. Also in another pic I saw that they added a goatee to that outfit for Abel. So now I'm not sure if it is in fact an homage. It doesn't help that Alex's outfit was basically military gear with suspenders down and no shirt.

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    If he gets a goatee and a headband and commando gear...is it an homage to solid snake?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    HenryVapeHenryVape Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Rose got a big hat there, I sort of wish Rufus had a costume that didnt make him look like a big sack. And clearly, Seth has the coolest alt.

HenryVape on
    tf2_sig.png
    Ceterum autem censeo, Carthaginem esse delendam