Options

(Super) Street Fighter IV: Final new challenger revealed! Hakan trailer in OP!

• Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I don't think there is a way to properly deliver the line "I LOVE MY DAUGHTERS - THEY ARE SO PRETTY!!!" in Japanese.

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I don't think there is a way to properly deliver the line "I LOVE MY DAUGHTERS - THEY ARE SO PRETTY!!!" in Japanese.

"I ROVE MY DAUGHTERS THEY ARE SO PRERRY"?

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    CaenemCaenem Sarasota, FLRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Just ordered myself a replacement for the Hori FS piece o junk I have, and an octo gate for the new stick. Been forcing myself to try and learn with a stick this week and it adds another layer of crap on my already craptastic rusty skills. Figure it's better to get my ass beat in completely while breaking my gamepad habit while getting prepped for Super.

I didn't see it linked in the op, but there was a set of links a day or two ago that showcased new characters' strengths and weaknesses. J Wong was doing commentary on some of them. Anyone have those links available? I tried finding them but no luck.

Caenem on
    But you, pig, are a lucky one. Tell us what we wish to know, and you may yet keep your bacon.
    Nemlock for online gaming
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Also, I must have a full sized version of that desktop background image shown in the nakky blog.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Oh, shit. Thanks Antihippy.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Caenem wrote: »
    Just ordered myself a replacement for the Hori FS piece o junk I have, and an octo gate for the new stick. Been forcing myself to try and learn with a stick this week and it adds another layer of crap on my already craptastic rusty skills. Figure it's better to get my ass beat in completely while breaking my gamepad habit while getting prepped for Super.

I didn't see it linked in the op, but there was a set of links a day or two ago that showcased new characters' strengths and weaknesses. J Wong was doing commentary on some of them. Anyone have those links available? I tried finding them but no luck.

If you really want one I guess I can't knock it, but honestly the only appeal of an octogate I see is riding the edges for moves, I really think a square gate kind of trains you to be more efficient in your movements because there is no gate to ride even if it feels odd and gives you trouble at first.

FuriousJodo on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    9284239.jpg

His wife rolls along on a Segway.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    That is amazing.

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Those were the best Raging Demons.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Wow that last round was just disgusting haha.

FuriousJodo on
  • Options
    DisDis Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Are there any videos or a good Gouken player?

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    can akuma do that to anyone or just sagat?
    because that seems sorta .. well .. strong!?

evilthecat on
    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Don't know if this is a good Gouken, relatively speaking among high-level Goukens, but it's the memorable match that's remembered.

We got a GOUKEN here.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Isn't he a pad player as well?

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I think Shine did pretty well in a recent tourney as well, he seems to be pretty good and being consistent. Though there really aren't many Goukens, especially playing at tourney level.

FuriousJodo on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Fig-D wrote: »
    Isn't he a pad player as well?

I recall hearing something about him migrating to stick. Not sure if what I remember was talk that he had or talk that maybe he would.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    It's fairly probable. Other high level pad users have migrated to sticks as well so I certainly don't doubt it.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    stigweardstigweard Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    It's sad to think that likely more than haldf of all the games played over live look something like this: Exhibition match @ Battlefield 12

stigweard on
  • Options
    DisDis Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Don't know if this is a good Gouken, relatively speaking among high-level Goukens, but it's the memorable match that's remembered.

We got a GOUKEN here.

This is a bad Gouken Player.

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    House of PaincakesHouse of Paincakes Spokane, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Dis wrote: »

-snip-

He made it to the Grand Finals of his first tournament, beating Damdai and Sanford along the way. He must be doing something right. Sanford did destroy him in the Grand Finals (as Sagat) but I still have to give him props for getting there.

His biggest problem was not teching throws and it looks like he's fixed that judging from the Battlefield Arcadia 12 videos. I'm not sure how he placed in that tourney though.

House of Paincakes on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

-snip-

He made it to the Grand Finals of his first tournament, beating Damdai and Sanford along the way. He must be doing something right. Sanford did destroy him in the Grand Finals (as Sagat) but I still have to give him props for getting there.

His biggest problem was not teching throws and it looks like he's fixed that judging from the Battlefield Arcadia 12 videos. I'm not sure how he placed in that tourney though.

Dis post.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Oh! I forgot to mention that I messed around with Vega for a couple hours in player matches last night. That guy is FUN AS SHIT but I never realized just how quickly the mask/claw gets knocked off until now. That shit is retarded, now I feel really bad for all the Vegas out there :(

House of Paincakes on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Well that's a buff he's getting in Super, Mask/Claw stays on a lot longer. This will help but in reality he needs more than just that.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Fourier_seriesFourier_series Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Honestly it seems like at the least they need to make the mask/claw not even get knocked off ever, but I realize they're keeping it like that for at least nostalgia reasons.

Fourier_series on
    soldierpw2.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Which is stupid, I think.

Also, does EX wall dive not have invincibility frames on startup? I thought that would be a safe wakeup option but I either kept getting hit out of it or my reversal timing was off.

House of Paincakes on
  • Options
    aBlankaBlank Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Also, does EX wall dive not have invincibility frames on startup? I thought that would be a safe wakeup option but I either kept getting hit out of it or my reversal timing was off.

vega's only move with invincibility are his backflips. EX Scarlet terror/ex claw roll have fireball immunity as does his ultra (on the way down, not way up). He has no safe wakeup options.

aBlank on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    aBlank wrote: »

vega's only move with invincibility are his backflips. EX Scarlet terror/ex claw roll have fireball immunity as does his ultra (on the way down, not way up). He has no safe wakeup options.

Oh great. I guess if I get in the corner I am in trouble D:

House of Paincakes on
  • Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

-snip-

I think he got DQed for pausing the match several times. At least i heard them talking about it in one of the youtube matches.

Valiantheart on
    PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    He got Dq'd for pausing? I guess that's another reason to get a stick over pad, to avoid accidental stuff like that.

Also:

91322092.jpg

Dudley is now a member of Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. Hakan's is decent, not sure what Bison is up to.

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

-snip-

I think he got DQed for pausing the match several times. At least i heard them talking about it in one of the youtube matches.

Dunno about that, there's a video of him getting styled on by some Abel later. He seems to pause whenever he gets hit by an ultra. Kinda lame thing to do.

aBlank on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Pausing when you get hit by an ultra? What's he trying to do, skip the animation?

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I played some SF4 for the first time in a while last night and ran into the usual suspects: Ken, Ryu, Sagat, and Balrog. Played Chun and didn't do to bad. Then I hit a string of players that just wanted to run and fireball spam no matter what my life was at. I don't see anything wrong with turtling, running, poking, or rushing down but at least try and mix it up once in a while.

The girlfriend came over and I decided to not play by their rules anymore. Chose taunt number 8 and began having Chun laugh at every opportunity I got. Played against a keep away Sagat and lost badly in round one. Spent the next two rounds getting a quick life lead and running for time out victories. He couldn't get close to me and seemed lost as to how to deal with someone not coming at him. That's why you should always learn multiple playstyles.

On the plus side, I chose Rose and got a mirror match. We ended up playing Roseball about 10 seconds in. :)

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Maybe it's just some weird habit he picked up playing online as I don't think hitting the start button does anything in online matches. Still a lame habit he needs to fix.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Maybe it's just some weird habit he picked up playing online as I don't think hitting the start button does anything in online matches. Still a lame habit he needs to fix.

Maybe. If it's a frustration thing, he might just be hitting a bunch of buttons but I dunno why he'd pick start over... well, any other button. They all do nothing when you're in ultra freeze. Start isn't an easy button to hit on sticks or gamepads without really trying to hit it. I've hit the guide button on accident with pads before though (playing fighting games on pads = suck -_-).

aBlank on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Man, I'd be so mad if I got disqualified for some dumbassery like that on my part.

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    MugaazMugaaz Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    aBlank wrote: »

Maybe. If it's a frustration thing, he might just be hitting a bunch of buttons but I dunno why he'd pick start over... well, any other button. They all do nothing when you're in ultra freeze. Start isn't an easy button to hit on sticks or gamepads without really trying to hit it. I've hit the guide button on accident with pads before though (playing fighting games on pads = suck -_-).

If you play on a fightpad and then switch to 360 stock you will hit the start button by mistake multiple times.

Mugaaz on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    So, let me get this straight: Hakan has 7 daughters, who have different hats to differentiate one from another, has his own action figure which one of his daughter owns, and has a wife that rides a segway to keep up with him?

Best. Character. Ever.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Pausing when you get hit by an ultra? What's he trying to do, skip the animation?

Play Tekken and you'll understand. :(

(I hold all three kicks during every Ultra animation these days)

FuriousJodo on