As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MOBA DOBA] League of Legends, the Name Game {Tourney Spreadsheet in OP}

• Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Man, I tried Nidalee in a practice game last night. I was afraid I was going to break my keyboard from all the button mashing.

Also, rammus is pretty awesome in 3v3 games.

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    After playing a few rounds w/ mordekaiser i have to disagree with the general consensus on the LoL forums and say he's awesome. Once you get used to his abilities he has more survivability than any other champions except *maybe* mundo, less than him in solo fights but far more in team. And while he doesn't have any CC effects the fact that every one of his moves except his ult is AOE damage means the other team pretty much has to focus you, which is awesome if you're the tank =)

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    ZoelefZoelef Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Katarina is garbage tier (Part 1):

qRAQ8.jpg

Zoelef on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    After playing a few rounds w/ mordekaiser i have to disagree with the general consensus on the LoL forums and say he's awesome. Once you get used to his abilities he has more survivability than any other champions except *maybe* mundo, less than him in solo fights but far more in team. And while he doesn't have any CC effects the fact that every one of his moves except his ult is AOE damage means the other team pretty much has to focus you, which is awesome if you're the tank =)

But how do you initiate with Mord? Unless you have another initiator that can withstand a beating, if someone initiates and stuns/knocks you up, AFAIK, Mord goes down just like a squishy 'cause he can't do any damage. And without any stuns/silences, I don't see any reason to attack him over someone squishier.

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    You might want to attack him since he can highly damage your entire team

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    My first impression with Mord is he is really, really bad. That said, I'm level 17 and focused on caster runes, so YMMV.

programjunkie on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

But thats the same for any dps. To be a decent tank there has to be a reason for you to be targeted over the squishies on your team who can also "highly damage" your team. Usually this is because your tank can initiate (you put yourself between you and your team) or he's able to disrupt your team from getting to the other team's squishies (cow's knock up or rammus's taunt).

And if your team does see Mord as a high threat target, he'll be focused at the beginning and the effect of his shield is minimized since he won't be able to attack as much.

I am not saying he's good or bad character. I'm just saying that I don't think he serves the role of "the tank" all that well.

chrono_traveller on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

But thats the same for any dps. To be a decent tank there has to be a reason for you to be targeted over the squishies on your team who can also "highly damage" your team. Usually this is because your tank can initiate (you put yourself between you and your team) or he's able to disrupt your team from getting to the other team's squishies (cow's knock up or rammus's taunt).

And if your team does see Mord as a high threat target, he'll be focused at the beginning and the effect of his shield is minimized since he won't be able to attack as much.

I am not saying he's good or bad character. I'm just saying that I don't think he serves the role of "the tank" all that well.

In a 5 man team fight a well built mord will signficantly outdamage any physical carry I can think of due to all his attacks being AOE. Your probably looking at 1500-ish AOE damage he can throw out every 6-8 seconds or so late game(with CD reduction runes and gear) in addition to his autoattacks. Any team that leaves him alone is dooming themselves to defeat.

As to the shield thing, one cone aoe attack at the beginning will fill it up to full, at that point even if everyone is focusing you to take you down and minimize its effect, with him being a good tank, and probably having more HP then anyone else on his team makes it a very good thing

taliosfalcon on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

In a 5 man team fight a well built mord will signficantly outdamage any physical carry I can think of due to all his attacks being AOE. Your probably looking at 1500-ish AOE damage he can throw out every 6-8 seconds or so late game(with CD reduction runes and gear) in addition to his autoattacks. Any team that leaves him alone is dooming themselves to defeat.

As to the shield thing, one cone aoe attack at the beginning will fill it up to full, at that point even if everyone is focusing you to take you down and minimize its effect, with him being a good tank, and probably having more HP then anyone else on his team makes it a very good thing

What is the max value of the shield?

chrono_traveller on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

What is the max value of the shield?

Not entirely sure, off the top of my head I think its around the 600 mark. Not amazing but coupled with cleanse or merc treads it'll absorb a few hits before going down while your stunned and hopefully you'll be back up by then. And i like i mentioned above on a character practically made to rush warmogs and other health+health regen items your a natural tank even without it.

taliosfalcon on
  • Options
    NisiNisi Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

I agree that he is good, I however do not agree to the extent I'd say he is awesome. In my opinion his spot on a team would be better filled with another champion. I did have fun testing him in a practice game against other PA people last night though.

I have trouble believing he can out damage physical carries. Many physical carries also have AE abilities. Would love to be proven wrong though.

Nisi on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Jax looks pretttty OP now

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Nisi wrote: »
    I have trouble believing he can out damage physical carries. Many physical carries also have AE abilities. Would love to be proven wrong though.

It is kinda hard to say definitely I suppose, I mean I've been coming out near the top in damage dealt with him, but damage dealt takes creep damage into account and he pushes like crazy so that could be skewing it quite a bit.

He might not turn out to be top tier, but I think we can all at least agree he's no heimer/eve/pre buff gragas

taliosfalcon on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Tiers are stupid

How's his ult

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    i think it was someone in this thread that said on the test realms the ghost of the champion he kills was able to attack

did this make it live?

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Well, that's the point, isn't it? That the ghost is there and attacks shit. Why would they suddenly remove that?

reVerse on
  • Options
    HootoramaHootorama Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Heimer is awesome, ask Addykt. <3

Hootorama on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Tiers are stupid

How's his ult

The ghosts are very situational, a lot of the time once one persons dead the fights been decided anyway(they are very handy for tanking towers for a quick push right after a fight though), but the DoT of his ult + ignite will kill most squishy characters from half health or slightly under late game(since people aren't used to facing him yet this combo has been consistently getting me a kill as soon as i ding 6 too), and it doesn't matter how far or how fast they run <3

taliosfalcon on
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Mord seems decent enough. I just New Jax him though, and he dies.

How's Warwick? Anyone play him yet?

Shamus on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    New Warwick is beastly. His damage output seems a lot higher, at least when I played him.

Hootorama on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    reVerse wrote: »
    Well, that's the point, isn't it? That the ghost is there and attacks shit. Why would they suddenly remove that?

a graphical warning that the guy you are fighting has gained half the stats of one of your teammates?

but apparently they do attack so whatevs

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    ChopperDaveChopperDave Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Mordekaiser's interesting. On the one hand, I find myself wanting to attack him LAST in a teamfight, purely because his shield makes him so much more durable than I would expect and it always throws me. That's not great for a tank...

On the other hand, he does have two unconventional ways of drawing attention to himself:

1) His pushing ability. Mordekaiser is a retarded-good pusher, and can wail on a turret even in the heat of a teamfight without breaking a sweat. If you're fighting near an enemy tower, Mordekaiser can just waltz right up and start beating on the thing for big damage (while hitting nearby enemies with his crazy AOEs AND recharging his shield), making him a higher priority target.

2) His ultimate. Soon as a Mordekaiser uses that thing on a weak teammate, you know you have about five second to kill him before the 5v5 turns into a 6v4. Considering that you team is likely losing one of its squishy DPS carries, it's pretty strong incentive. (I saw a Mordekaiser kill an enemy Corki earlier today -- he and the ghost proceeded to do some surprisingly disgusting physical damage and ravaged the rest of the team).

ChopperDave on
    3DS code: 3007-8077-4055
  • Options
    NisiNisi Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    He might not turn out to be top tier, but I think we can all at least agree he's no heimer/eve/pre buff gragas

Agreed.

And @ Hoot, Heimer was great two patches ago :/ not so great now. Supposedly he is also on the remake list, along with warwick and TF.

Nisi on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    nealcm wrote: »
    reVerse wrote: »

a graphical warning that the guy you are fighting has gained half the stats of one of your teammates?

but apparently they do attack so whatevs

Neal's right, it wasn't initially in there. They added it.

chrono_traveller on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Nisi wrote: »

Agreed.

And @ Hoot, Heimer was great two patches ago :/ not so great now. Supposedly he is also on the remake list, along with warwick and TF.

lol, yeah :P Was just rubbing in the PITA Heimer was being to Addykt yesterday in the game before you logged on :D Regardless of how suck he is, he's fun as hell.

Hootorama on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sion is fun as hell

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    so, since i played 4 games of suck yesterday, and i blame it somewhat on teammates who tried very hard not to work together, i wanted to just pick a champ to play and learn them well.

i'm looking at champs like morg, blitz, or anivia. i used to do moderately well with them, but which of them do you all think is in the best place right now? also, which do you see the least?
    Sion is fun as hell

agreed, stacked mejai's = pwnface. though last time i played him i was told that AP sion was n00b, and AD was the way to go.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    NiqleNiqle Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Anivia irritated the hell out of me when I had to play against her one time. It also didn't help that I was lagging like mad and always managed to get owned by a giant ice wall blocking my path when my computer caught up.

Also I see why people think Singed is irritating. You pick up boots and force of nature and most people do their damnedest to get away only to meet mr. mega adhesive and get judo tossed back into my dps friends.

Edit: Also, fighting Nunu and having him bust his Ultimate only to get interrupted by a quick judo toss is always funny to me.

Niqle on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    played the amumu nunu combo with my brother last night in a lane

lol@dualultimates

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    neal play with us

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    nealcm wrote: »
    played the amumu nunu combo with my brother last night in a lane

lol@dualultimates

aka dualtimates

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    ChopperDaveChopperDave Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Feldorn wrote: »
    i'm looking at champs like morg, blitz, or anivia. i used to do moderately well with them, but which of them do you all think is in the best place right now? also, which do you see the least?

I probably see Anivia the least of all the champs in the game, next to maybe Amumu. I'd rank her as the best of that group right now, with Morgana being the "worst." (They're all good though). Blitz is fun but kind of a one-trick pony.

Anivia's really great, but one of the hardest champs to learn from what I understand. It takes a lot of practice to use her skillshot AOE stun and her wall effectively. If you can, however, it can really turn the tide of a fight. Nothing's more satisfying than walling off one or two guys from the rest of their team. Oh, you thought you were going to charge in with the full support of your teammates, Mr. Tank? Ruh roh.

Her ult's pretty great in giving your team an edge in teamfights, too.

ChopperDave on
    3DS code: 3007-8077-4055
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    neal play with us

when are you guys gonna play

i am 30 minutes late for this post and you are not in vent

forshame

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Feldorn wrote: »

I probably see Anivia the least of all the champs in the game, next to maybe Amumu. I'd rank her as the best of that group right now, with Morgana being the "worst." (They're all good though). Blitz is fun but kind of a one-trick pony.

Anivia's really great, but one of the hardest champs to learn from what I understand. It takes a lot of practice to use her skillshot AOE stun and her wall effectively. If you can, however, it can really turn the tide of a fight. Nothing's more satisfying than walling off one or two guys from the rest of their team. Oh, you thought you were going to charge in with the full support of your teammates, Mr. Tank? Ruh roh.

Her ult's pretty great in giving your team an edge in teamfights, too.

having people attempt to run away from you in the jungle as anivia is hilarious

woops, dead end of ice bro

and junglefights? suddenly the rest of the team you expected to charge in behind you is walled off

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    well, i reckon i'll start remember how to ice chicken then. i know that before i bought her, i could easily get 2:1 K:D and help my team out, but after i purchased the champ i was lucky to stay alive long enough to get an assist and couldn't do damage at all.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Well, Mordekaiser is ridiculous amounts of fun.

I'm not quite terribly good with him yet, but I'm winning more than losing, so that's cool.

reVerse on
  • Options
    ParisInFlamesParisInFlames Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I was wondering what the hell was going on with some of my runes not showing up. Turns out my pages were too full for riot. So all of a sudden all these duplicates showed up when I had invariably bought too many because I couldn't see them in my page.

On a related not I found out you can make Quints from regular runes. I did not know that.

Mooman sucks.

ParisInFlames on
    UnderwaterUmbrellaGirlwider.jpg
    Steam id: skoot LoL id: skoot
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    oh, what the hell...

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I was wondering what the hell was going on with some of my runes not showing up. Turns out my pages were too full for riot. So all of a sudden all these duplicates showed up when I had invariably bought too many because I couldn't see them in my page.

On a related not I found out you can make Quints from regular runes. I did not know that.

Mooman sucks.

:^:

Feldorn on
  • Options
    EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hey Mooman, wanna to play a game?

I hadn't played in a few months until yesterday. I've been playing a bunch today though.

Endomatic on