As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Grumpy Old Men, Get your [Grump] On.

• Options
    Evil_ReaverEvil_Reaver Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I thought of more. All of these, minus no. 7, happened to me on my drive home today.

Grump No. 5

I hate it when I'm driving down the road and a car pulls out from a side street, cuts me off, and then drives 10 under the speed limit. If you're in that big of a hurry, go the fucking speed limit. If you're not in that much of a hurry, don't cut me off!

Grump No. 6

I hate it when people brake unnecessarily while driving. Like going down a low grade hill. Or there's a wreck on the other side of the highway. Or it's sunny. You're messing up the flow of traffic when you brake for no reason!

Grump No. 7

It drives me crazy when people drive like silly geese because it's sprinkling. I recognize that you should slow down and drive more carefully when it's snowing/icing/bad weather, but really? It's barely even raining. Grow a pair and find the accelerator.

Grump No. 8

I'm going to ram the next person who comes to a complete stop on a busy street to make a right turn. There is no reason to stop your vehicle and make a right turn at 1 MPH. Your damn minivan can handle the turn, I promise.

Edit: Thought of another one.

Grump No. 9

I hate people who don't pull in to the intersection while waiting to make a left turn. Seriously. I have burning hatred for people who don't understand that it's possible for more than their car to turn left if they'd get their ass out there.

Evil_Reaver on
    XBL: Agitated Wombat | 3DS: 2363-7048-2527
  • Options
    Mom2KatMom2Kat Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Oh Oh I have a few.

Grump #1

I noticed we have some coastal British Columbians here and they will deffinatley get what I am grumpy about. BC Ferries can suck a large goose. I live in Powell River, while we are not on an island, the only way out of town is to fly or swim. Yet for some reason we are expected to pay $80+ for the privilage of leaving our town. But they claim we are not subsidizing the smaller routes, we are being subsidized! Oh and when there are fair saver weekends for Mainland to Island routes, for some reason we are not included. ARGH!!!

Grump #2

Related to the above. Since we live in a small town reliant on the ferries, if you are ging to catch one of said boats, and you want to stop at 7-Eleven for coffee so you don't have to pay out your butt for shitty ferry coffee, maybe you should leave your house earlier. I am sorry but no I can not pull a co-worker out of my ass to serve you. You don't get to yell at me or throw money and dirty looks at me cause you were too damn lazy to get up earlier when you know BC ferries stops selling tickets 15 min before sailing time.

Grump #3

Just because I am an Assistant Manager at a 7-Eleven and I am 30 years old does not make me or my co-workers sub-human. I am in fact a trained MOA but I work here because for the most part I like Cutomer Service. I like knowing my regulars and putting a smile on peoples faces. I love having 10,000 things to do and no time to do it in. However some seem to think that because I am in the service industry I must service every need and put up with abuse. The thing I notice is that this is widespread from the cokeheads yelling at us to the snobby CPA's.

Mom2Kat on
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Speaking of 7-11s, every single one of them on the east side of this city (i.e., where I live) shut doors a few years ago. I have to go half way downtown just to get a slurpee fix and it's just lame.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    Mom2KatMom2Kat Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Oh that suck for you! We are having a hard time training enough managers and crew for the new stores in the 2 BC markets. I wonder why they would do that? I do know that there are no Francise stores in Canada so that was a market/region descision. Hmm must find out now....

Mom2Kat on
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    If you want to believe my incredibly conspiracy prone racist former boss then it's because of brown and black people.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Things that made me grumpy today:

The bin men were out as I was walking to work. Instead of a bleep when their truck reversed it had a voice that said "Stand well clear, vehicle reversing." This was fine, but you could hardly hear it when you were behind the truck, yet as soon as you were in front is was ridiculously loud.

I went to the cash machine and it didn't offer £10 notes. Every other machine I have been to has done, why is this one so special?

The machine then offered me an "advice slip" with my money. I might have wanted a mini statement but what advice where you going to give me? I'll give you some advice machine, give me £10 notes.

I was trying to read on my lunch break as the TV was off in the break room and I was the only one in there. As soon as the other workers came in they turned the TV on, made it horrendously loud then proceeded to not to watch whatever shit antiques show was on. I asked my manager if I could sit in the meeting room to read, "It's only for meetings, sorry." The only time anyone ever uses that room is hen new trainees come in, which only happens once or twice a year.

My Oracle client also kept crashing.

Humbug.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    HorusHorus Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Grump #1
    Street construction, just let me know the times it starts and when its projected to finish to find alternative routes and put signs up on future constructions.

Grump #2
    People who get mad at you for not following "norm" of being hip or being trendy(not referring to fashion but doing stupid things). I live in Los Angeles, I don't need to be another wannabe cast member of The Hills... that show ruined LA (I am a native).

Grump #3
    I am so annoyed when people post on their Facebook, dating site or other "I live everyday as though its my last." Look I had family who survived cancer and know how that can make you see life differently but its no excuse to avoid thinking of your future other than where the next party is.

Horus on
    “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
    ― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!
  • Options
    Monolithic_DomeMonolithic_Dome Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Here's my latest grump.

So we are surrounded by things. Things which are made of stuff which breaks and rots and decays and generally becomes less awesome with use.

But some special things are made of stuff that somehow becomes more awesome with use. By some magic of design, these things become better with wear and tear, so much that the way they wear and tear is considered part of the appeal.

Leather shoes, denim jeans, worn notebooks, brass hardware, Fender Telecasters, Dodge Challengers, to name a few.

So then special things that are aged and worn become cool, and people want them in great quantity, so people manufacture things that are manufactured to be "pre-aged." Stone-washed or "distressed" jeans, antiqued brass.

Soooo that's one thing. Makes me a little grumpy, but I fundamentally understand it. After all, there are only so many '57 Fender Esquires around, we can't all own one.

But now we've taken it to the next level. Things that are made of non-special stuff, that doesn't grow more awesome with age, with an image of pre-aged special stuff applied to it in ink. A fake of a fake. A simulacrum of a simulacrum. A copy of a copy that maintains none of the awesomeness in the thing being copied.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv6UQGCeaQY&feature=related

Watch him play with the fabric 10 seconds in. Ugh. So grumpy.

Monolithic_Dome on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I get really annoyed when people throw a random r into my name

Gumpy on
  • Options
    Monolithic_DomeMonolithic_Dome Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Whoops hit quote instead of edit

Monolithic_Dome on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Here's my latest grump.

So we are surrounded by things. Things which are made of stuff which breaks and rots and decays and generally becomes less awesome with use.

But some special things are made of stuff that somehow becomes more awesome with use. By some magic of design, these things become better with wear and tear, so much that the way they wear and tear is considered part of the appeal.

Leather shoes, denim jeans, worn notebooks, brass hardware, Fender Telecasters, Dodge Challengers, to name a few.

So then special things that are aged and worn become cool, and people want them in great quantity, so people manufacture things that are manufactured to be "pre-aged." Stone-washed or "distressed" jeans, antiqued brass.

Soooo that's one thing. Makes me a little grumpy, but I fundamentally understand it. After all, there are only so many '57 Fender Esquires around, we can't all own one.

But now we've taken it to the next level. Things that are made of non-special stuff, that doesn't grow more awesome with age, with an image of pre-aged special stuff applied to it in ink. A fake of a fake. A simulacrum of a simulacrum. A copy of a copy that maintains none of the awesomeness in the thing being copied.

I rather like the team's snowboarding gear this year. I agree with you completely about buying jeans which are already beaten up and gross, therefore looking older than they are. Those are non-denim snowboard pants made to look like jeans, though. To make them more interesting looking, they didn't just make them look like denim, but worn denim. I thought it was a pretty cool illusory effect.

I still hate pre-worn jeans.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    CristoCristo Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Here's my latest grump.

I've bought a Boss leather jacket that I wear all the time and don't worry about (spilled some beer on it? No worries!) in the hopes that it'll start looking really beaten up and cool 10 years from now :P

Cristo on
  • Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    My parents never even paid my tantuming ass any mind. They just said "Little guy, buddy. You can't embarrass us. We don't care. We don't care what anyone else thinks ever, and we don't care what you think about this. So cry your tiny butt off whenever the fancy strikes you. We're still going to do the correct thing, only now you won't get a bedtime story." They made it very clear that it was my choice how to behave, and that behavior that wasn't tolerated would make living with them less fun.

They still did spank once or twice, when we did something monumentally stupid and dangerous. But I think their general low-key style of disciplining meant that if they ever did get loud it made it very clear I had better damn well listen.

Exactly. Hearing my Dad's voice raise an octave was the equivalent of hearing an air-raid siren. The only time I was ever spanked, it was so light that it could barely be considered discipline. It was the act that made me change my ways. The fact that I had driven them to this terrified and shamed me more than anything else.

When people use octave when they clearly mean decible. Unless of course you got really freaked out when your dad started talking in Alvin and the Chipmunks register.

More grumps.
    The kids that cut through my yard on their way home and leave trash in my yard. I'm fine with them walking through cause I don't really care, but don't leave trash in my yard.

People who litter. Trash cans and recycle bins aren't that hard to find. Put your trash in your pocket until you find one.

Driving; turn signals are not optional. Also, don't brake to turn and then activate your turn signal after you've already begun to turn. At that point I've already figured out you are a silly goose and are turning.

Suburban kids who drive trucks lifted 5 feet in the air. There is no need for that damn thing. Also, you're in central Ohio, and a suburb of Columbus, the confederate flag really needs to go. I hope one night the gay couple and the interracial couple that live on our street firebomb your truck.

Speaking of stupid neighbors, why did you pave your entire back yard?
    And no shirt guy. Put on a damn shirt. It's not like you have nice abs or anything. You look like you're carrying a watermelon around in there you silly goose. Put on a shirt.

When other bands on a bill that night purposefully have their drummer "get stuck in traffic" so they don't have to play first. It's 8PM on a Saturday night and the venue is in a suburb, unless there's a major accident, there's no traffic.

Other bands assuming someone will let them borrow gear and then complaining that no one is "supporting the scene" because they were too lazy to load a speaker cabinet or make a phone call before the show to make some sort of arrangement. My cabinet is already loaded in the gear vehicle and it's the first thing to go in, I'm not unloading the entire vehicle so you can borrow my cab.

When the developers miss their target date to have the code delivered to our department but the project date isn't allowed to slip so we have to bust our asses because someone else missed their date.

Employees at the local Sam Ash that act like you're bothering them when you ask for assistance. Do your damn job!

When my grandmother who knows my wife and I are pretty darn liberal tries to talk to us about politics and then gets mad when I dismiss anything she says that is clearly a Fox News talking point.

That my friends don't want to hang out anymore now that the baby has shown up.

The electric system in my Grand Am. I'm glad Pontiac doesn't exist anymore.

Local newspapers and those damn coupon things in plastic bags that they leave on your front porch whether you want them to or not. They either immediately end up in recycling or used underneath the kitty litter box, except for the plastic bag part, that gets to be landfill.

People that don't think we as humans are affecting the planet and use it as an excuse to not try to reduce the amount of resources they suck up. Look, if you want to have a differing opinion about our impact on the planet, that's fine, but while you're here, don't you think using less would be a good idea anyhow?

Hummer vehicles for civilian consumers.

The weather needs to cut it out with all the snow.

Hypocrisy, when people commit it, not the band. The band is awesome.

Auto-tune.

Bands that don't record full songs in the studio, just each "section" and then the producer copies and pastes the song together.

When people borrow money with no intention of ever repaying you.

I'm sure I'll think of more later.

Bolthorn on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Apparently the Hummer line may die, by the way, since no one will buy it.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Grump o' the day:

People, specifically business owners, who don't bother to make even a token attempt to shovel the sidewalks in front of their businesses after a massive snowstorm.

As much as I appreciate you providing me with empirical evidence that you're a complete asshole, I'd sooner not have to slog through slush and compacted snow because you can't be bothered to show up.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Apparently the Hummer line may die, by the way, since no one will buy it.

Good riddance. I hate those vehicles.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Scalfin wrote: »
    Grump No. 2

People who, like, talk like this because, like, they weren't, like, taught how to like, think before they, like, speak..

I find older people who say "you know" constantly to be worse. Both seem the be fading, though, as the "like" thing was genX California.

Well I just spent the last 20 minutes on a tube with 5 Americans, 4 of which were girls who seemed to say "like" in every sentence. They appeared to be early 20s. I also nearly got into a fight with a guy who shoved past me. Hooray for more public transport woes!

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    My grump would literally be nearly everyone who isn't me that drives.
    I loves me some cruise control. Yet with it I pass people, who will then speed up so they're in my blind spot, all the while I haven't changed speeds. Or they'll speed up and keep me in their blind spot, making me look like an ass because no one is passing. They'll almost always start accelerating when I start accelerating too. What really gets me is that no one else seems to use their CC. There's no reason not to. All cars in the last 4000 years have CC installed from the factory standard. Why these complete silly gooses don't use it, I'll never know.
    Or they'll want to make a right hand turn in a block, but be in the left lane up until the last second, and speed up and generally be a silly goose because they couldn't drive the same speed they were going in the right lane.
    Or pretty much everyone else up here because they drive in the left lane, like it's some coveted position to have....
    Or all of my coworkers. We have a parking garage here, that has 7 levels for parking. Yet they'll fly through it at 20 mph or so, which is completely unacceptable, because it's too narrow and you can't really see where you're going. All this time they're driving right down the middle of the driving lane, and give me goofy looks when I start going at them head on so they move over. Too many times have I actually come close to scraping cars on the side because they won't move over. Why do I have to risk property damage for you, or show you the respect you won't show me.
    Or everyone who merges by flinging themselves without turn signals into 70+ mph traffic, and THEN accelerating, slowing all traffic down because they wouldn't take advantage of the nearly 10 mile long ramp they had to get up to speed.
    And ricers. Those kids can all diaf.

@Evil_Reaver:
    I'm one of those guys who hits their brakes doing down the hill. I drive a large Lincoln, that easily gets momentum going downhill. I have to hit my breaks so that I don't hit the guy in front of me, who is driving a Honda, which is only moving because the guy is peddling as fast as he can.

L Ron Howard on
  • Options
    ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Scalfin wrote: »
    Grump No. 2

People who, like, talk like this because, like, they weren't, like, taught how to like, think before they, like, speak..

I find older people who say "you know" constantly to be worse. Both seem the be fading, though, as the "like" thing was genX California.

Well I just spent the last 20 minutes on a tube with 5 Americans, 4 of which were girls who seemed to say "like" in every sentence. They appeared to be early 20s. I also nearly got into a fight with a guy who shoved past me. Hooray for more public transport woes!

That's because the UK is generally ten years behind the US when it comes to pop culture. I remember seeing footage from Britain around 2000 that looked exactly like the US in the 80's.

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2010
    ALL OF YOU

except for you.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The Cat wrote: »
    ALL OF YOU

except for you.

The love letter you wrote to me for Christmas seems to indicate that I am excluded from your grump.

Grump No. 10

Cover bands.

So, my wife and I went out with some of her gym friends last night. Her friends suggested that we go to the douchiest bar in the city to see this band that they really like. All right, fine. I knew something was amiss when the lead singer looked like a copy of a copy of a copy of Adam Lambert, complete with eye liner, fake leather jacket, and lace-less army boots. I didn't know that they were a cover band, so I thought they were being ironic when their first song was Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash.

Then their next song was a cover. And the next. And the next. In fact, their entire setlist was covers, including (but not limited to:

Beverly Hills by Weezer
    Troublemaker by Weezer
    Fight For Your Right to Party by Beastie Boys
    Jessie's Girl by Rick Springfield
    My Own Worst Enemy by Lit

The list goes on. There's a multitude of reasons about why I'm pissed off about this.

1. They were covering the songs non-ironically. They played them with complete seriousness and behaved like they were actually playing their own music.

2. They didn't add their own twist to the songs they were covering. As in, they took the tabs for the songs and played them verbatim.

3. They acted like they were the hottest shit by announcing that they "got a record deal and recorded their own songs."

4. They were covering songs that haven't even been on the radio for a year. Seriously, you don't cover songs from Weezer's latest album.

5. They had the stupidest name in the history of band names: Rock Show. No, I didn't mis-type that. Their name is Rock Show.

Look, I was in a fairly successful band for 5 years. We drew crowds and put on some good entertainment. More importantly, we wrote our own shit. In 6 years of playing together, we covered two songs, both of them ironically and we didn't permanently keep them in our set list. I don't get the appeal of playing someone else's music as if it's your own and I especially don't get the cougar groupie love these knuckleheads were getting.

Also, my back hurts and my ears are still ringing.

/harumph.

Evil_Reaver on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You can't play Army of Two co-op cross region. Colour me grumpy.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    SosSos Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    A lot of you people need to just chill the fuck out. Getting wound up like this over nothing can't be healthy

Sos on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sos wrote: »
    A lot of you people need to just chill the fuck out. Getting wound up like this over nothing can't be healthy

I think you need to get the fuck off my lawn.

Evil_Reaver on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I would make an exception for cover bands that pick one band and stick with covering those songs, and make some attempt to look somewhat like that band. But generic bar band doing covers from the last two Now That's What I Call Music CDs are pretty useless.

Especially the ones around here, since they always wind up playing street fairs during the summer. Hearing four Brooklyn fratboy mooks try and cover "Tainted Love" in the style of the Marilyn Manson version although I'm pretty sure they didn't know that version was also a cover inspired me to yell "You're not nearly gay enough to cover that fucking song!" at them repeatedly.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Lawndart wrote: »
    I would make an exception for cover bands that pick one band and stick with covering those songs, and make some attempt to look somewhat like that band. But generic bar band doing covers from the last two Now That's What I Call Music CDs are pretty useless.

Those are called tribute bands. Tribute bands, when done correctly, are awesome.

These idiots were playing songs that are/had been in the Top 40 from every decade available from every band available. I could have put in a mix tape of popular music and accomplished the same thing.

Evil_Reaver on
  • Options
    SosSos Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Sos wrote: »

I think you need to get the fuck off my lawn.

What? This lawn? I think I'll let my dog poop here first.

Sos on
  • Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So I work downtown. Lots of buildings with revolving doors. Why do these silly goose smokers immediately fucking stop right in front of the door to light up? Look, if you can't walk 2 feet to the left to light up and you stop right in front of a revolving door, I'm going to push you out of my way. Cause if I stop, the next person behind me can't get out and either has to stop completely or go completely through the revolving door again looking like an idiot.

Kakodaimonos on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Sounds like you need a "No smoking within 15 feet of doors" ordinance in your city.

Houn on
  • Options
    shorttiminshorttimin regular Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    People who CANNOT CLOSE THEIR FUCKING MOUTH WHEN THEY CHEW. I swear, I am going to take whatever you're eating, whatever you're eating it with, AND JAM IT ALL IN YOUR OPEN SLOBBERY MOUTH.

SMACK YOUR LIPS NOW ASSHOLE!

shorttimin on
  • Options
    Mega PlayboyMega Playboy Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    People who CANNOT CLOSE THEIR FUCKING MOUTH WHEN THEY CHEW. I swear, I am going to take whatever you're eating, whatever you're eating it with, AND JAM IT ALL IN YOUR OPEN SLOBBERY MOUTH.

SMACK YOUR LIPS NOW ASSHOLE!

I got a friend like this. He insist he will one day stab someone in the cheek.

Mega Playboy on
    Trying to help out my step dad check out his youtube channel
  • Options
    DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hey. Hey kids.

I don't want to hear your fucking mobile phone being used as a mini beatbox on the bus. Especially since the quality is always shit since you're young geese who can't afford a phone that can play music at a decent quality. Knock that shit off.

One day, I am sure I will snap. I will hear a crackly, garbled version of Poker Face coming from a phone behind me. I will get up, march over, grab the phone, and it will be getting off the bus several stops earlier than its owner. Possibly for a swim.

Dunxco on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dunxco wrote: »
    Hey. Hey kids.

I don't want to hear your fucking mobile phone being used as a mini beatbox on the bus. Especially since the quality is always shit since you're young geese who can't afford a phone that can play music at a decent quality. Knock that shit off.

One day, I am sure I will snap. I will hear a crackly, garbled version of Poker Face coming from a phone behind me. I will get up, march over, grab the phone, and it will be getting off the bus several stops earlier than its owner. Possibly for a swim.

I have imagined snapping peoples stupid flippy phones in half so many times when they are walking along with music playing from them. I get it, you have a phone that plays music like the rest of the fucking world does, get over it and buy some fucking headphones.

mere_immortal on
  • Options
    Mega PlayboyMega Playboy Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    That why I use my blue tooth stereo headsets.

Mega Playboy on
    Trying to help out my step dad check out his youtube channel
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    That why I use my blue tooth stereo headsets.

See, that's because you're a passable human being.

This kids will blow their money on stupid, crappy quality tracks for the phones, but not have the sense to realise "Hey, cheap ear-buds are about £4, maybe I should pick some of them up?"

Dunxco on
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    What the flock is up with people and their ridiculous ringtones these days?

Yes, I flocking get that you're boyfriend is ringing every time I hear that stupid beyonce and lady gaga song, but once you leave it on the desk a work with the volume on loud I have to hear that shit twenty times a day.

I get that your boyfriend is a silly silly jealous goose who is most definitely overcompensating for his tiny gooseweiner, but I don't like you or him and it's mostly because of your ringtone, the rest is because you have a horrible personality. The same goes for the people who do this on public transport, and then shout "I'm on a bus I can't speak right now!" before continuing on with a 25 minute conversation which includes them snorting with laughter and singing a song along with the person on the other end of the phone.

Some people on this planet are direct proof of gods non-existence.

Johannen on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    See, I use the Codec ringing noise from Metal Gear Solid. It's geeky, but it actually sounds like a fucking ringtone.

Now my text message alert is the spotted noise, so I can't really justify that and it even gets on my nerves, but I'll be damned if I'm going to change it.

Grump totally understood though, Johannen.

Dunxco on
  • Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Johannen wrote: »
    What the flock is up with people and their ridiculous ringtones these days?

Yes, I flocking get that you're boyfriend is ringing every time I hear that stupid beyonce and lady gaga song, but once you leave it on the desk a work with the volume on loud I have to hear that shit twenty times a day.

I get that your boyfriend is a silly silly jealous goose who is most definitely overcompensating for his tiny gooseweiner, but I don't like you or him and it's mostly because of your ringtone, the rest is because you have a horrible personality. The same goes for the people who do this on public transport, and then shout "I'm on a bus I can't speak right now!" before continuing on with a 25 minute conversation which includes them snorting with laughter and singing a song along with the person on the other end of the phone.

Some people on this planet are direct proof of gods non-existence.

A few times when I've been feeling particularly surly and annoyed, I'll add my 2 cents to their conversation.

"Yeah, he sounds like a really silly goose. Yeah, you should totally break up with him." or "I think you should fix the chicken for dinner tonight."

I particularly enjoyed the one time this couple gets on the early train in to the city and they just continue this extremely loud argument. Finally, I lean over the seat and ask them "For those of us following along here, can you at least tell us how this started? It's kinda hard understanding what's happening if we don't know how it started."

Yeah, I'm a jerk and proud of it.

Kakodaimonos on
  • Options
    Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Grump related to the cell phones on the bus. People that listen to music on the bus with those little ear buds.

The guys listening to metal, rap and techno at fult volume, oblivious to the fact that yes I can hear them from the other end of the bus. Do you know how painfull it is to listen to bad techno, especially when you can only get half the tune?

FUCK THOSE GUYS.

Kipling217 on
    The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Kipling217 wrote: »
    Grump related to the cell phones on the bus. People that listen to music on the bus with those little ear buds.

The guys listening to metal, rap and techno at fult volume, oblivious to the fact that yes I can hear them from the other end of the bus. Do you know how painfull it is to listen to bad techno, especially when you can only get half the tune?

FUCK THOSE GUYS.

Is it any consolation that that guy will probably be deaf soon?

KalTorak on