Options

Boston [chat]accre

• Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I absolutely love the fact that by firing in bursts or single shots, it is actually possible to kill people at range again
    God yes. The original Bad Company was this way too. It didn't take two clips and a lot of dancing around to kill someone. You point the gun at someone, pull the trigger a couple times and they die like they're supposed to.

No actually

the original bad company had that while people couldn't soak up bullets that much, weapons fired in this conce which meant that automatic fire was just as accurate as anything else

the only way to kill someone at range was just spray hundreds of bullets in their direction

now, prrrt prrt and they're down

Biggest issue with BC1 was how crap the weapons were, yes. You could put an entire magazine into someone as they run towards you and you'd still be the one dead with a knife in your throat.

Sheep on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Will/Pods one day I will visit one of you and you will make me delicious beverages

Ok?

yes

and i won't sneak meat into the drink either

honest injun

i seem to remember some cocktails that actually had meat in it

like raw bacon

did i make this up?

the only ones i know of are the "snapper" class of drinks. basically bloody marys with beef broth or clam juice. that sort of thing.

i saw a bacon-infused vodka somewhere and i imagine that someone has been trying to make it work

i just linked it last page

Arch on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    i'm kind of fascinated with trying to make a cocktail out of those south beach diet drinks.

South Beach Cocktail

2 oz gin
    1 oz lemon juice
    1/2 oz maple syrup
    cayenne pepper (maybe rim the glass with it?)

i wonder if that would work?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I absolutely love the fact that by firing in bursts or single shots, it is actually possible to kill people at range again
    God yes. The original Bad Company was this way too. It didn't take two clips and a lot of dancing around to kill someone. You point the gun at someone, pull the trigger a couple times and they die like they're supposed to.

No actually

the original bad company had that while people couldn't soak up bullets that much, weapons fired in this conce which meant that automatic fire was just as accurate as anything else

the only way to kill someone at range was just spray hundreds of bullets in their direction

BC was terrible for hitting the enemies at a distance, at least with the original gun, and grenades functioned as some kind of fuck you to guessing how to fire them. The idea you could blow walls open was great, until you actually had to hit the wall and you could miss.

Also tank combat FUCK YOU! Man I'm talking myself out of the sequel already.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sheep wrote: »

No actually

Biggest issue with BC1 was how crap the weapons were, yes. You could put an entire magazine into someone as they run towards you and you'd still be the one dead with a knife in your throat.
    I never had this problem. My only gripe was that sniper rifles weren't osok unless it was a headshot.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    psychotixpsychotix __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    WMain00 wrote: »
    He was Muslim, ergo, he must have been part of Allah's Accidental Army.

Hasan gave away furniture from his home on the morning of the shooting, saying he was going to be deployed.[55][56] He also handed out copies of the Qur'an, along with his business cards which listed a Maryland phone number and read "Behavioral Heatlh [sic] – Mental Health – Life Skills | Nidal Hasan, MD, MPH | SoA(SWT) | Psychiatrist".[55][56] According to investigators, the acronym "SoA" is commonly used on jihadist websites as an acronym for "Soldier of Allah" or "Servant of Allah", and SWT is commonly used by Muslims to mean "subhanahu wa ta'ala" (Glory to God).[57] The cards did not reflect his military rank.

He also went on a rant infront of other military people justifying suicide bombings.

psychotix on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    heh

05armory_CA0-articleLarge.jpg

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Ed321Ed321 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Having had to endure innumerable stupid, disruptive, incoherant, juvenile protests whilst at Uni I have no problem with students being banned from doing anything ever. /rant

Ed321 on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

No actually

knives feel so great now

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010

No actually

I never had this problem. My only gripe was that sniper rifles weren't osok unless it was a headshot.

Snipers also carried like 5 shots with a back up of 10 and getting a headshot seemingly was guesswork.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    i'm kind of fascinated with trying to make a cocktail out of those south beach diet drinks.

South Beach Cocktail

2 oz gin
    1 oz lemon juice
    1/2 oz maple syrup
    cayenne pepper (maybe rim the glass with it?)

i wonder if that would work?

Why gin?

Maybe its because I just don't like gin

I don't know what else you could use

but i support this idea

Arch on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I don't drink cocktails.

I drink antifogmatics.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

No actually

BC was terrible for hitting the enemies at a distance, at least with the original gun, and grenades functioned as some kind of fuck you to guessing how to fire them. The idea you could blow walls open was great, until you actually had to hit the wall and you could miss.

Also tank combat FUCK YOU! Man I'm talking myself out of the sequel already.

What? No you're not. These things are much much better now.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    I like a nice scotch neat myself. I really want to try blue label one day but the price... I'd hate to get addicted to something that expensive.

it's good but not nearly worth the price

if you must try it, just order a small glass at an upscale bar. you'll be out $30 but that's less painful than whatever you would have paid for a bottle

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    it is cheap to drink really nice rum

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Say I hate France and all things from it.

Say I love something from France.

I suppose my inferior intellect is wasted on you.

yeah i kind of glided over the daft punk part for some reason. i guess i didn't know that they were french. i see so much unjustified french bashing that i just kind of assume i know how the rest of the post is going to go after the first three words.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

No actually

Snipers also carried like 5 shots with a back up of 10 and getting a headshot seemingly was guesswork.

Sniping was actually really fun

the bullets dropped, and it was kind of hard, but I got good at it after a while

and the camoflague and all that

sniping isn't that much fun here I feel, mostly because I'm not used to it yet

except for the chinese semi-auto rifle

god that is great

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    psychotixpsychotix __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Ed321 wrote: »
    Having had to endure innumerable stupid, disruptive, incoherant, juvenile protests whilst at Uni I have no problem with students being banned from doing anything ever. /rant

Living in DC, all protests are bad and all protesters should be beaten bloody by the cops. It never convinces people of anything, just fucks crap up. Even if I was for their cause, if they protest for it, I'm now against it. Fucking assholes should all be sodomized in jail. Plus most of them are paid off college students anyways. I like throwing rocks at those morons.
    it's good but not nearly worth the price

Still got a bottle from my birthday, I prefer single malts, and asked for that. Damn GF bought me blue... lesson don't ask women for scotch.

psychotix on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I don't get Johnny Blue. You would never see one of the world's best wines mix from different appelations. Why would I want to have scotch that does that?

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    awesome

three tanks in a convoy

kicking ass

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    for some reason "Gay Bar" makes me really miss my drums

the song not actual gay bars

Arch on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yea, it still seems like you guys are saying he's a terrorist because he's Muslim.

Also I don't get how the IRS guy would be a terrorist but pentagon guy wouldn't.

Bama on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    You people are sullying my chat with your alcohol talk.

Here, let me introduce you to a man that can save you.

Punk-1.jpg

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Bama wrote: »
    Yea, it still seems like you guys are saying he's a terrorist because he's Muslim.

Also I don't get how the IRS guy would be a terrorist but pentagon guy wouldn't.

i agree with you bama 100%

Arch on
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

the bullets dropped, and it was kind of hard, but I got good at it after a while

god that is great

Personally I love the sniping. It's true that it does drop a bit so it feels a bit more real instead of just, point at head press button if you're a fair way off. Mind you, if you're in medium distance and you aim for the head? Bam! Hiding in the brush in front of the hill and picking people off in the construction site and anyone dumb enough to try and hide in the little hut beside it were always easy pickings.

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    edited March 2010

yeah rum and gin are the last frontiers for good values in drinking. good whiskey or brandy are incredibly expensive, and "good" vodka is an expensive ripoff.

i don't really care for rum and don't drink it much. maybe i should try to figure out some way to make use of it without going into tiki hell or the lame "soda + booze" route.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    as much as I dislike FPS games, I am always a sucker for playing a sniper in them

i feel all queasy when i kill people but at the same time i am like UNF EAT IT YEA

Arch on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I mean, with regard to the "Soldier of Allah" thing, is every guy that talks about being a "Soldier of/for Christ" a terrorist now?

'cause I mean we're gonna need a lot more room at Guantanamo if so

Bama on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    If I didn't have a preference for whiskey, I would hella be into buying different rums. Rum is a pretty cheap hobby to have.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

yeah rum and gin are the last frontiers for good values in drinking. good whiskey or brandy are incredibly expensive, and "good" vodka is an expensive ripoff.

i don't really care for rum and don't drink it much. maybe i should try to figure out some way to make use of it without going into tiki hell or the lame "soda + booze" route.

Rum punch is pretty decent. If I drink vodka its going to taste horrible to me no matter what so I go bottom shelf and mix it with sprite for the only purpose of getting drunk.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Bama wrote: »
    I mean, with regard to the "Soldier of Allah" thing, is every guy that talks about being a "Soldier of/for Christ" a terrorist now?

'cause I mean we're gonna need a lot more room at Guantanamo if so

no because christians cant be terrorists because god is good and his soldiers are not bad

Arch on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

rum is my go-to drink for when I want to sip on something, neat

you can get a nice bottle of sipping rum starting around $35

my favorite rum runs around $40-50 (I forget)

and I had a $100 bottle of rum once that made me want to jizz in my pants

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    as much as I dislike FPS games, I am always a sucker for playing a sniper in them

i feel all queasy when i kill people but at the same time i am like UNF EAT IT YEA

You are the biggest pussy I know.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

thanks?

Arch on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Gonmun wrote: »

god that is great

Personally I love the sniping. It's true that it does drop a bit so it feels a bit more real instead of just, point at head press button if you're a fair way off. Mind you, if you're in medium distance and you aim for the head? Bam! Hiding in the brush in front of the hill and picking people off in the construction site and anyone dumb enough to try and hide in the little hut beside it were always easy pickings.

Oh, don't get me wrong, there's nothing better than playing recon, spotting baddies, sniping, calling in a mortar, and then zooming in to watch the destruction.

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    I don't get Johnny Blue. You would never see one of the world's best wines mix from different appelations. Why would I want to have scotch that does that?

it's good and it's reliable. the point of it is to come up with a distinct and repeatable flavor profile.

i mean single-malts are also blended from different casks anyhow, so it's not like frou-frou scotch is really that much different.

and single-barrel whiskeys are arguably "the best" but you're really rolling the dice on that one. bottles of single-barrel scotch that run $200 may vary significantly from bottle to bottle

but yeah not worth the price regardless

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010

thanks?

How the fuck do you feel queasy when you kill people in an FPS but you're okay with murdering hordes of npcs in WoW?

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Man I love killing dudes in fps's. It's one reason I love borderlands, you can get some serious gibs.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I remember when I first discovered Unreal Tournament. Sniper shot taking off someone's head? Oh my god yes.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

thanks?

How the fuck do you feel queasy when you kill people in an FPS but you're okay with murdering hordes of npcs in WoW?

I do believe I talked about this before

Simply put- the level of realism bothers me

Wow is so horribly abstracted that it doesn't bother me

shooters are made to be more realistic

Arch on
This discussion has been closed.