Options

[MICHAEL BAY ON]Bad Company 2: Carl Gustav is king!

• Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I finally hit a Helo with an un-tagged rocket today. Two times! It was just about the most satisfying thing ever.

SJ on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    SJ wrote: »
    I finally hit a Helo with an un-tagged rocket today. Two times! It was just about the most satisfying thing ever.

Yeah, I had my first sniping of a Blackhawk pilot today. It was so awesome to see this huge thing just fall, limp, out of the sky and everyone bail out in a giant fireball, then get mowed down by the 6 people waiting for them.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Scosglen wrote: »
    How is the game-persistence and meta game aspect in BC2? I can only guess that Modern Warfare's ridiculous success has forced DICE to beef it up.

I didn't play MW, but there are lots of unlocks and 'perks' I guess. They range from 'meh' to 'M60'.

edit: And tonight was a blast on the Angry Dome.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You know what I dig about this game? I like the way it changes over the course of a map's playtime. Buildings getting levelled, cover being chipped away. Forests crying.

Granted, you could wax lyrical about the shattered majesty of the battlefield or something else out of metal gear solid, but I just like the way it dynamically changes cover, strategies and movements - even if you do end up a bit flat earth by the end of most games.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Flippy_D wrote: »
    You know what I dig about this game? I like the way it changes over the course of a map's playtime. Buildings getting levelled, cover being chipped away. Forests crying.

Granted, you could wax lyrical about the shattered majesty of the battlefield or something else out of metal gear solid, but I just like the way it dynamically changes cover, strategies and movements - even if you do end up a bit flat earth by the end of most games.

Oh god this. Destructibility is the saving grace of this game for me; it's just so well implemented, and the gameplay effect is there, but not pushed into your face.

Defending a heavily contested point as the buildings and walls around you are slowly blown away is just brilliant.

Suriko on
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Man steam you gay baby

I did that compress to backup feature

and thats all hunky dory as i move it to my desktop. And now it wants to update for an hour. It was all good to go on my laptop, what the heck

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Suriko wrote: »
    Flippy_D wrote: »

Oh god this. Destructibility is the saving grace of this game for me; it's just so well implemented, and the gameplay effect is there, but not pushed into your face.

Defending a heavily contested point as the buildings and walls around you are slowly blown away is just brilliant.

On the other hand, as common as explosives that can blow out walls or tear down trees are, it can make a lot of concealment and cover largely pointless since it won't be there for very long.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Firing a rocket at a building, hearing the groan and creaking from across the street, and then seeing a triple kill come up on your screen just brings a smile to my face.

SJ on
  • Options
    JastJast Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I wish the game could support at least 32 on the 360, but still, when you have 12 guys duking it out over a point, with bullets flying and explosions happening all around you, watching buildings get leveled, it's amazing. The best place for this is the village in Isla Innocents. Nothing cooler then gunning from a blackhawk and leveling the whole town while watching your little blue arrows gain more and more ground, some winking out of existence.

Jast on
    Jast39.png
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Also, destructibility makes chasing after people running away from you so much fun.

RUN LITTLE SQUISHY MAN, THESE TREES WILL NOT SAVE YOU MWUAHAHAHHA!

Suriko on
  • Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Y'all rock to play with. The last game was so weirdly stacked. Everyone on the other team seemed to be a high level (20s or higher), yet we held our own. Not bad.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    dear jamal;

when i am blinking on your hud and my guy is screaming at your for a med kit that means I want you to toss out a med kit

love,

tarranon

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    TKaneTKane Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I like this game. Haven't been playing the MP part of it much. I mean, I have the LE pre-order edition, so I MIGHT as well use the stuff I get....

But the Single Player campaign REALLY pissed me off. It wasn't related to the first game in any way except the same group of four are in it. I do like, however, that your allies are more then helium filled blow-up dolls tied to your belt this time around.

Why are they in the Army again? What happened to the Gold? Legionnaire? Acta Non Verba!? I want answers, don gamdit!

Way to screw the pooch and not have the common courtesy to give a reach around, Dice!

TKane on
    Clicky -> What I'm listening to <- Clicky
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Too all those people who think the Saiga is awesome.

...you are all correct. That thing is a friggin death spitter. I wish veterency worked so I could try out slugs (is there some trick I don't know?)

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    TKane wrote: »
    I like this game. Haven't been playing the MP part of it much. I mean, I have the LE pre-order edition, so I MIGHT as well use the stuff I get....

But the Single Player campaign REALLY pissed me off. It wasn't related to the first game in any way except the same group of four are in it. I do like, however, that your allies are more then helium filled blow-up dolls tied to your belt this time around.

Why are they in the Army again? What happened to the Gold? Legionnaire? Acta Non Verba!? I want answers, don gamdit!

Way to screw the pooch and not have the common courtesy to give a reach around, Dice!

None of that matters.

What matters is that you're gonna go save you some cheerleaders.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Pancake wrote: »
    None of that matters.

What matters is that you're gonna go save you some cheerleaders.

I DID save some Cheerleaders! P.S. Invasion Canceled, Sir.

TKane on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Atacama Desert is the worst map in the history of everything. Absolutely terrible. And it would be about a million times better if one could actually see anything.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    MegaMek wrote: »
    Atacama Desert is the worst map in the history of everything. Absolutely terrible. And it would be about a million times better if one could actually see anything.

Turn off bloom. It becomes much easier to see things.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    See, I have bloom off. And the world is still white-washed. It's the only map that looks like that.

MegaMek on
  • Options
    RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Atacama Desert is the big conquest map right? Yeah, fuck that, I'm in vehicles all day. Preferably in the hind/apache/whichever chopper.

Ranced on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Is it the conquest map? If so, it's the best map. I absolutely love the sandstormy-can't-see-shit thing it's got going on. Much better than just making it a night map.

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I think it's a fun map as a recon. Which I always am.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Also, how the fuck are you supposed to hit anything with the tracer darts? That shit is fucking horrible.

reVerse on
  • Options
    TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    reVerse wrote: »
    Also, how the fuck are you supposed to hit anything with the tracer darts? That shit is fucking horrible.
    Wait for it to stop/come at you/go away from you or lead.

TwistedJester on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Well, if your target stops, you won't actually need the tracer darts, now do you?

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hitting a vehicle with a tracer dart is child's play compared to some of the hitting moving target challenges BC2 offers.

Just practice.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Well, if your target stops, you won't actually need the tracer darts, now do you?

Well, it lets your friends with RPGs fire off homing rockets. Get two or three friends with RPGs together and WHAM! Tanks are made of paper mache, helicopters are falling flaming debris, and gun emplacements are deathtraps.

TKane on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Knoland wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble with their friends lists being empty?

I am, mine cleared out.

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Well it's not like you need tracer darts for tanks or gun emplacements. Trying to shoot helos down is my main concern.

Is there at least some sort of notification if you do manage to hit with the darts? "Target has been tagged" or something?

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Masume wrote: »
    Knoland wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble with their friends lists being empty?

I am, mine cleared out.

Not a prob on XBox Live.

TKane on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010

If it stops halfway across the map, it's better to tag it and take it out from complete safety than try to line up a bunch of dumbfire shots.

TwistedJester on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Well it's not like you need tracer darts for tanks or gun emplacements. Trying to shoot helos down is my main concern.

Is there at least some sort of notification if you do manage to hit with the darts? "Target has been tagged" or something?

Yeah. usually your guy will give an audio cue, just like spotting. I think you also get +30 points for tagging an enemy vehicle.

TKane on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010

You get something like "The target has been lit up/beacon placed/whatever" and you get 30 points.

TwistedJester on
  • Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

You get 30 points just for tagging it. And yes, tracing a tank is invaluable. It lets you fire from behind cover and/or across the map.

Lock onto the tracer through cover, then quickly launch the rocket straight up into the air. It will arc down and continue on it's merry way, leaving you completely safe from retaliatory fire.

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I love when I see a group of like 6 guys all huddled in a tiny spot, then I pull out trusty Carl G, aim for the center and fire.

1 kill. FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU

then I realize it was a Man Train and 5 out of the six were invincible and now all have their M60 DMR variants trained on my location, some 1.5km away. But it doesn't matter at all that they have between them 500 shots because only 80% of them have to fire a single round at me! But to my luck I don't even have to suffer death at the hands of Man Train Members, carbonfire has run from around the corner with his 40mm dodge ball pre-loaded into that thing that thing that has two triggers on it but no one in the history of battlefield has ever dared to press the rear one to see what it does.
    tee hee, I just managed to sum up the last like 150 pages of BC2 thread!

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I love when I see a group of like 6 guys all huddled in a tiny spot, then I pull out trusty Carl G, aim for the center and fire.

then I realize it was a Man Train and 5 out of the six were invincible and now all have their M60 DMR variants trained on my location, some 1.5km away. But it doesn't matter at all that they have between them 500 shots because only 80% of them have to fire a single round at me! But to my luck I don't even have to suffer death at the hands of Man Train Members, carbonfire has run from around the corner with his 40mm dodge ball pre-loaded into that thing that thing that has two triggers on it but no one in the history of battlefield has ever dared to press the rear one to see what it does.

..... WUT?

TKane on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I was flying a helo in the desert map only to see the sun then proceed to blow up, that was like the first time the lighting screwed me up.

M.D. on
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

This is my BC2 experience.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010

tee hee, I just managed to sum up me in-game!
    Using the CG is what jerks do.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm liking that term "Man Train." Gonna have to use that.

MegaMek on
This discussion has been closed.