Options

[mini] Sealab 2021 - Game Over - Village Victory!

• Options
    Minor SecondMinor Second Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Arasaki

Minor Second on
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Vote is closed.

Narration being written.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

"AoR_Final!"

"No, Arasaki!"

"No, Delphinidaes is guilty!"

"Maybe we should just throw them all in jail!"

"..."

"Wait, he's trying to escape!"

With so many crew members around, Arasaki didn't even make it to the exit door before being mobbed to death.

"Look, I repeat, we need backup!

"Look, I KNOW you can handle these incompetents, so stop giving me excuses and start giving me results! Dismissed!

Well fine then. thought the final intruder.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

He put away the tranquilizer gun.

And took out his assault rifle.

And Ringo was in the wrong place, at the wrong time.

"Oh god! What the heck just happened here!"

So was White Debbie.

The Eliminated
    Arasaki - Intruder - couldn't run from the law.
    Ringo - Sealab Crew Member - shot and killed.
    Erich Zahn - White Debbie - also shot. As a main character, will she live?

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    All update PMs are out.

Day 5 has begun.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    CALLED IT.

Anyway, I'm not wasting any time on the next one.

Vote Delph.

Trust me on this one, this is the one vote I've felt confident about this entire game.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    OOOOOOooooooooOOOOOOO

Pod Six ruuuuuuulllllesssssssss!!!!

ooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    OK, so much for that theory. Good call, people who weren't me.

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    AoR_Final wrote: »
    CALLED IT.

Vote Delph.

Trust me on this one, this is the one vote I've felt confident about this entire game.

This post bothers me alot. I DID think Delph was evil up until now however the speed and determination with which your pushing this makes me think reconsider your allegiances. On the other hand, you did instigate the voting off of a mafia member, yet if you were mafia, that would have been a net gain.

In closing, i'm thuroughly confused but i don't "trust" you on this one yet.

P.S. Take my advice with several portions of salt as i've made terrible vote choices this game so far.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    OK, not really trusting my instincts this game any longer. Placeholder vote on The_Reflection, but I can be convinced otherwise...

shalmelo on
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    CALLED IT.

Vote Delph.

This post bothers me alot. I DID think Delph was evil up until now however the speed and determination with which your pushing this makes me think reconsider your allegiances. On the other hand, you did instigate the voting off of a mafia member, yet if you were mafia, that would have been a net gain.

In closing, i'm thuroughly confused but i don't "trust" you on this one yet.

P.S. Take my advice with several portions of salt as i've made terrible vote choices this game so far.

Fair enough.

But trust me, I know for certain that Delph is mafia.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    CALLED IT.

Vote Delph.

Yeah don't get me wrong I'm thankful I dodged that bullet, but I still think it's you AoR.

I voted for arasaki initially and then SOMEONE stated that the bandwagon on Arasaki was pretty suspicious, which since I was already feeling bad about my Zand vote made me second guess myself.

So screw it. I'm not listening to anyone else. I'll form my own opinion this time. I was spot on with my initial gut on arasaki.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    @AoR, if you know for certain, sharing how, generally gives your argument [strike]more[/strike] some value. Even if its just conjecture, it may be conjecture others agree with.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    @AoR, if you know for certain, sharing how, generally gives your argument [strike]more[/strike] some value. Even if its just conjecture, it may be conjecture others agree with.

Okay then...

1) Delph got Seered by yours truly, it was revealed he was a mafia member. That's the truth.

2) Even if you don't believe me when I claim to have Seen Delph is a mafia member, think of it this way; there's only one mafia member left. There's more than two villagers left. Even if Delph gets voted off, and it is revealed he's a villager, it won't make a difference in the long run; the village will still have voter majority, and will still be able to knock off the last remaining mafia member. Right now, I'm telling you who the last mafia member is. Do you want to risk more Sea Labbers trying to figure out whether or not I'm telling the truth, when you could vote off Delph and just get it out of the way, with no adverse affects to the village?

3) Let's assume I'm a mafioso, and I'm lying about Seeing Delph's alignment.

What possible benefit could I reap from pointing the finger at an innocent Sea Labby?

All I'd end up doing is attracting attention to myself, and in the event you did vote to put Delph in detention, and it was revealed that he was a villager (which he is not), I'd probably end up being the next person voted. Why would I risk the whole game to try and point the finger at one person right off the bat? Doesn't make sense.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Oh, and also...

4) All Delph had to do to save himself last round was vote off Arasaki, and shift the vote. However, even after I offered to shift my vote if he did the same, he still didn't. Doesn't that suggest he was a mafioso who was reluctant to vote off one of his own?

Yeah, he did vote for Arasaki at first, but notice how fast he changed his tune once I weighed in. My guess is that Arasaki was just a place holder vote, until he saw how the wind was blowing, and could jump a bandwagon without bringing attention on himself.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Again its possible. I'm torn between both of you. Gonna read through the whole thread once i get home in several hours then make a decision, hopefully once delph has adressed this.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm not really sure how to address it to be honest because even to me it doesn't make sense. You are claiming to be the seer, which is a very bold statement to make. I can't really counter that because I don't have a ability I can use to prove anything.

All I have is a theory which I was hesitant to bring public because it seemed a bit farfetched. But after that statement any shred of doubt I had is gone.

My theory: last night the vote was tied three ways. I had no problem with this because we lost our ability to vig people and a triple death (as confirmed by the day one tie) would result in all three of us dying. I had no issue with this because I knew that even if I died there was a chance that the other two people going with me could be mafia.

Then there was the sudden change from you. you switched off of me and onto arasaki which got others to switch as well . At first I was grateful, until arasaki turned up red. Then I got to thinking that it was pretty lucky that arasaki was red or we would suspect you. And then I thought of the idea that if both you AND arasaki were mafia, that it would be better for only one to die and confirm the other as village aligned, than for both to die and potentially end the game with a village win.

Now I wasn't ready to go forth with this idea because like I said it seemed far fetched and I had already fucked up with my previous votes and wasn't feeling like I had a handle on things.

But after your post...well damn.

The only thing I don't get is exactly what you yourself mentioned. It doesn't make sense to make a reveal like this now, because when I turn up green you would just be outed yourself the next day. Unless you have some sort of backup or ability that hasn't been seen yet.

So in my defense, if I left things a tie If I was truly mafia like you claim, then I would have basically been giving up on the game right there, the tie would have killed you, me, and arasaki and by the narrations own clue that there is only one mafia left, the game would be over. But at the last second you switched and changed everything.

That's my theory.

Delphinidaes on
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hmm, seer eh?

Well, either AoR is a seer and kime is the worst vig/network head ever (totally within the realm of possibilities) or our seer is dead because he would have more than likely contacted me by now.

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hmm, seer eh?

Well, either AoR is a seer and kime is the worst vig/network head ever (totally within the realm of possibilities) or our seer is dead because he would have more than likely contacted me by now.

Well keep in mind this is my first phalla, so I'm still trying to figure everything out, including how to properly contact other Villagers.

If you'd like me to contact you, just let me know how.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Well, it's a little late now. Basically, you didn't contact me before outing yourself to the thread, which leaves two possibilities: you're the seer and kime is terrible, or you're mafia and the seer is dead.

Sorry kime. If it's any consolation you're a better vig/network head than the one time I got to be one and called my kill on day 1, coinciding with the death of the guard.

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Well, it's a little late now. Basically, you didn't contact me before outing yourself to the thread, which leaves two possibilities: you're the seer and kime is terrible, or you're mafia and the seer is dead.

Sorry kime. If it's any consolation you're a better vig/network head than the one time I got to be one and called my kill on day 1, coinciding with the death of the guard.

Sorry about that, still learning how to play. The phalla rules are a little different from the mafia games I used to play with my buddies. :(

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    OooOOooOoooO

When the fuck did he get a gun?

OoOOoOOoooO

Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    OK, I'm willing to roll with delphinidaes for the moment, because A) I remember how freaked out I was when I was the seer for the first time in my second game of phalla and B) if true, it would make me feel a whole lot better about my instincts last night.

shalmelo on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I've said my piece, Even if I can't for the life of me figure out why he thought that post would be a good idea from any standpoint. I know the role I was given and that proves him to me as a mafia, or at the very least a villager trying to pull some really weird stuff. ( I HIGHLY doubt that the latter is true)

My vote is on AoR Final, and to be honest it would take one hell of an argument to convince me otherwise. If I get voted out the Results tonight will show all. One of the drawbacks to phalla is that pretty much anything and everything can be considered suspicious, so once suspicion is cast on a player they are screwed for the most part.

I've done what I can to reassure the village of my innocence, I even approached other presumed villagers before the so called "epic reveal" to try and get some ideas together. I've been on my own and un networked the entire game as a vanillager but some unfortunate votes on part part have shifted suspicion to myself. And while I am saddened by that, it is far more frustrating to be called out as a mafia when the only thing I know 100% to be true is that I am not.

But before I go to bed (don't worry i'll be on tomorrow to continue this) Just my thoughts on who remains and their chance of being mafia

Least Likely: Romanqwerty and Minor Second
    Still not very bloody likely: garroad ran and shalmelo (despite the vote against me)
    Possibly....but probably not.: The Reflection
    Almost a certainty: AoR Final

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Ok, even after re-reading the thread, this is still a clusterfuck.

Narration implies that there's one mafia remaining which is very plausible. Even with two kills left, he won't be able to win tomorrow. AOR is very suspicious but i'm going to have to side with him, since even if Delph dies good, we can vote out AOR tomorrow.

Delphindaes

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Vote closes in 7 and a half hours.

However, I'm mainly making this post to inform you all I will be in lab starting at 1830 EST till about 30 minutes from vote close, and will not be able to answer clarifications during that time range.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    After more thought on this (and the fact that I really have no choice.) I am in agreeance with this vote against me. If anything it shouldn't endanger the village (unless there is some odd ability we haven't seen which would be strange) and it will serve to out AoR for what he is.

There are 6 villagers left (if we go by the narration) I don't know if any of these are neutrals so i'm just assuming they are all villagers/specials.

So if I die to the vote we're down to 5 and AoR is sure to knock out two others which means it will be 1 mafia vs 3 villagers. That should give the village enough sway to vote him off even if he gets the 2 kills tomorrow as well (I think the vote take precedence though, i'll have to verify that) so it SHOULD end with a village victory with either 3 or 1 person left.

Barring any strange shenanigans.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Ok, even after re-reading the thread, this is still a clusterfuck.

Narration implies that there's one mafia remaining which is very plausible. Even with two kills left, he won't be able to win tomorrow. AOR is very suspicious but i'm going to have to side with him, since even if Delph dies good, we can vote out AOR tomorrow.

Delphindaes

Exactly my train of thought. The only problem is that this assumes there's 5 mafia members. I think that's a fairly safe assumption, but alas, an assumption nonetheless.

Delphinidaes

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Well the narration said the "final" intruder. So it's a fairly safe assumption. If there is more than one mafia left though then the village may be screwed.

Just to be safe though aside from AoR I'm thinking The Reflection may be mafia.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010

The narration implies there is only one left too.

Neutrals though.... How do they normally work in relation to mafia outnumbering the villagers?
    Because if there are neutrals remaining, all bets may be off.

Also, AOR, if delph is really evil as you say he is. You should have no problem PMing me (and anyone else) complete details of your role and who you've targetted each night. (No don't copy your role PM)

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Neutrals though.... How do they normally work in relation to mafia outnumbering the villagers?

Also, AOR, if delph is really evil as you say he is. You should have no problem PMing me (and anyone else) complete details of your role and who you've targetted each night. (No don't copy your role PM)

Fair enough.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Normally neutrals don't count as village. In the phalla where me and Rawk betrayed the village and sided with the mafia they weren't counted. But that had ALOT of neutrals in it. I don't know if the same is applied here.

If neutrals aren't counted then in theory not voting out a mafia tonight could actually screw the village over if the win condition for the neutral doesn't require a village win.

Hadn't really thought of that to be honest, we haven't really seen many neutrals, which may mean there aren't many or that there are quite a few left.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    We've seen two gone, that sounds about right for a game this size to me.

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    At any rate, even if there is a neutral left, that would leave us 1 mafia, 1 neutral, 2 villagers tomorrow. Presuming the mafia doesn't off the one neutral.

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Sent the PMs like romanqwerty suggested, if I need to clarify anything, let me know.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    im gonna trust AoR on this

Delphinidaes

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Doesn't really matter at this point but I thought I should note since I found this odd. That PM you sent me doesn't really seem to prove anything, you've essentially listed a bunch of dead people that can't verify anything you've said on a list that could have been fabricated from the narration results.

*shrug* Like I said moot point but I found that odd.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Minor SecondMinor Second Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    AoR_Final

I told garroad my reasons for this yesterday.

Unfortunately I probably will not be around later tonight, sorry.

Minor Second on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Doesn't really matter at this point but I thought I should note since I found this odd. That PM you sent me doesn't really seem to prove anything, you've essentially listed a bunch of dead people that can't verify anything you've said on a list that could have been fabricated from the narration results.

I always wonder when people who are claiming to be the seer are asked to provide a list of people they seered... wtf is the point?

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

I always wonder when people who are claiming to be the seer are asked to provide a list of people they seered... wtf is the point?

I think it makes sense if they can show people who are still alive and can corroborate their seer ability.

But when everyone on the list is dead...Well shoot anyone could make a list like that.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    If someone were still alive and they could corroborate or deny their story, it would happen long before someone asked for a list.

garroad_ran on