Options

[Justified] City Primeval premieres 18 July, holy shit! (ALL THE SPOILERS)

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    One minor detail that still showed us the heart of Raylan Givens early on.

When Raylan signed over his property to the mountain man he signed it Raylan Givens USMS. Even when he's on the run as a Marshal he still considered himself a Marshal, I think that was a foreshadow for him ultimately saving Bob over going after Boyd.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/justified-bolod.gif

I really love this gif, because its such a cowboy angle including the zoom in to the face.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    https://www.yahoo.com/tv/justified-collateral-recap-postmortem-115782545995.html

Interesting tid bit from there.

Apparently that was our last scene with ADA vasquez which blows up my theory Duffy was going to kill him.

Another thing after reading that, and REAL POSSIBLE UNAIRED SPOILERS HERE:
    So dynamite was important and we're getting an echo of Zachariah in the finale.

Money is totally booby trapped.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    https://www.yahoo.com/tv/justified-collateral-recap-postmortem-115782545995.html

Apparently that was our last scene with ADA vasquez which blows up my theory Duffy was going to kill him.

Would make sense, now the question of course.

Who is getting blown up? Most likely Markham after running into Wynn Duffy holding a gun on him and then he gets blown up so Wynn yet again gets covered in someone elses blood, and the money is gone.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Would make sense, now the question of course.

Who is getting blown up? Most likely Markham after running into Wynn Duffy holding a gun on him and then he gets blown up so Wynn yet again gets covered in someone elses blood, and the money is gone.

Hmm....I for it if only because it means that:
    Loretta can serve up some nice Apple Pie to Boone without anybody around to warn him.

• Options
    I don't get the love for Loretta. I'd prefer if she'd die honestly, she's lived too long.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    I like Loretta, because she's a tough as nails young girl who doesn't take anybody's shit. Those characters are few and far between. Amusingly, she plays another great portrayal of a young girl on Last Man Standing, though that's a comedy and a very different show.

• Options
    I guess for me if not for Raylan bailing her out of shitty situations she'd have been dead a while ago. And yet she constantly gets herself into deeper and deeper shit without realizing how deep she is in.

Like at this point I'd like for her to die when Raylan refuses to bail her out. "No Loretta I'm done, you solve your own shit."

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Well she just did that last episode.

• Options
    Well she just did that last episode.

Not really, she got in bed with a broke Markham to avoid being killed by him in the moment, but he's a wild flailing animal and she's signed up with him. It was the only play really, but its not a good one and she's only in that position due to her own brazen stupidity to get involved in the weed business again despite having Mags money.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Well, she's a teenager girl who is proud of where she comes from for better or worse, was raised by a pot farming criminal single father who is now dead, and only really knows one way of life.

It's not unlike some young rich athletes who grow up around drug dealers and guns in single parent homes where even that single parent is a shitter drug addict. Unsurprisingly, having millions of dollars given to you for being good at a sport doesn't keep many of them from making a lot of mistakes, or continuing to be around the lifestyle they grew up with, even if it gets them in trouble.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I was hoping for a bit more movement than just setting everything up for the finale. They have quite a few loose ends to tie up in one episode. I don't really give a shit what happens to Ava but if Boon and Boyd aren't dead then i'll be rather cross. It sucks that Bob taking someone out in amazing fashion seems to be off the table now.

• Options
    You don't know that! It's all a dodge, Bob is actually in Raylan's body freaky friday style!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Bob is all of us.

• Options
    I do have to laugh that a lot of Bob's more memorable lines were made up by Oswalt, like Beef Stew.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    You don't know that! It's all a dodge, Bob is actually in Raylan's body freaky friday style!

Actually the final line in the episode does support this theory. Body swap confirmed.

It'll be pretty weird seeing "Raylan" going around making Indiana Jones references while "Bob" guns everyone down quickdraw-style, but I can't think of a better way to end the show.

• Options
    I do like the idea that.

Raylan saved Bob, because he's one of the few true innocents in Harlan county. Like Bob while sketchy on legal procedures and when to taze people, is all around a decent guy who is trying to do right by the law and no one respects him including Raylan (who stole his car like a dick).

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    I was hoping for a bit more movement than just setting everything up for the finale. They have quite a few loose ends to tie up in one episode. I don't really give a shit what happens to Ava but if Boon and Boyd aren't dead then i'll be rather cross. It sucks that Bob taking someone out in amazing fashion seems to be off the table now.

If it is any consolation, Bob being sidelined allows Tim to bring his rifle to a pistol fight.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Yeah, Raylan
    saved Bob because despite Raylan trying to tell himself he's over all this shit and he's going to do whatever it takes to end this with Boyd and the money and go to Florida, he's still who he is and he couldn't just let Bob die even if it meant prolonging his chase of Boyd.

I think if he had the chance he'd have taken Boyd out THEN gone to save Bob, but Boyd kind of slipped him there at the end and he didn't want to keep up the chase knowing it'd take too much time.

• Options
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    Yeah, Raylan
    saved Bob because despite Raylan trying to tell himself he's over all this shit and he's going to do whatever it takes to end this with Boyd and the money and go to Florida, he's still who he is and he couldn't just let Bob die even if it meant prolonging his chase of Boyd.

I think if he had the chance he'd have taken Boyd out THEN gone to save Bob, but Boyd kind of slipped him there at the end and he didn't want to keep up the chase knowing it'd take too much time.

Maybe it was just me but I almost got the impression.

Raylan had a bit of a Buford moment, he realized he was about to die there under that moon light with Boyd because he's not an outlaw, he's a marshal, and marshal's don't kill people in the dark, they arrest them in the day time.

The Bob thing just brought it to him in sharper relief, Bob only got shot because Raylan stole his car, thus bringing him up on that hillside and forcing Raylan to realize he's a shitty outlaw.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    Yeah, Raylan

As Raylan said, "I crossed the line with my eyes wide open." It's just that was the marshal line. He's still Raylan and leaving Bob to die when he could save him is still over the Raylan line.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular

Word. I thought the same thing, the next-to-last episode mostly ran in place for 45 minutes, advancing the plot very little. That final episode is going to be very busy with all of the plotlines they need to resolve. I suspect quite a few of them will be resolved in SOPRANOS fashion; i.e. no resolution.

• Options
    https://www.facebook.com/JustifiedFX/posts/1016073865079753

Q&A with the Olyphant, apparently he stole a lot of things from the set...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »

Word. I thought the same thing, the next-to-last episode mostly ran in place for 45 minutes, advancing the plot very little. That final episode is going to be very busy with all of the plotlines they need to resolve. I suspect quite a few of them will be resolved in SOPRANOS fashion; i.e. no resolution.

It may be an unpopular opinion around here (and I like Patton Oswalt generally), but bringing back Constable Bob this late in the game felt like a misstep. I would have been on board if it was just the one scene where he realizes that Raylan has stolen his car, just as a quick final joke. This felt more like a case of "oh, gotta have Patton on the show one last time" than something that fit with the story as things stand now. Too much shit going down to justify (see what I did there?) bringing back the comic relief cop for one last hurrah.

Honestly, I felt like this episode was probably the weakest of the season (to be fair, it's been a great season, so the bar is set pretty high). The interlude with the hill people was sort of out of left field, there was too much time spent with Zachariah, and the near-miss confrontation between Boyd and Raylan seemed more like stalling than a necessary scene. The only things I really enjoyed were the Wynn Duffy scenes (which almost goes without saying at this point) and Markham monologuing to Katherine's corpse.

I'm still pretty confident that the finale will bring the goods. I just wish they could have done something more interesting with the penultimate episode than just setting up the dominoes for next week.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    Eh Bob was one of the few people that could be considered an "innocent" in the justified universe, outside of Wynona and baby Willa and they already did that in season 4.

Raylan needed someone who idolized him who he personally did wrong to snap him out of his "Have to get Boyd even if it means my life/badge" moment and Bob is the perfect person for that.

Patton may be comedic relief, but his Constable Bob character was well utilized in this role in my opinion.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    The point of the hill folk interlude was for Raylan to acknowledge the debt his family owed to them, and to finally dispose of Arlo's house.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    The point of the hill folk interlude was for Raylan to acknowledge the debt his family owed to them, and to finally dispose of Arlo's house.

Yeah clear another debt of the Givens family and free himself from Harlan. It was also again showing us that Raylan isn't much of an outlaw. Sure he's ordering the hill person around and treating him like shit, but then the guy points that out and he can't keep up the facade, he doesn't force the hill person to keep coming with him or kill him off like boyd does with the guy who he forced up there. He gives him a house and sort of apologizes for Arlo being a douche.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Its interesting watching back through season 1 and part of 2 so far, how we get to see the evolution of boyd and Raylan, and as far back as season 2 Ellen May appeared along with of course Shelby.

I almost have to wonder if we'll see a parallel to the season 1 finale in the series finale.

With Boyd driving off and Raylan having him from behind except this time Raylan might actually shoot him as he drives off.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    There was a Sepinwall tweet along the lines of (possible spoiler?)
    "you should watch the pilot in preparation for the finale."

Which, I don't really know how to take that.

• Options
    Clearly fried chicken will be involved.

• Options
    I would guess a Tommy Bucks 24 hours to get out of town situation.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Wait I've got it

The fat Nazi twins are back.

• Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    Wait I've got it

The fat Nazi twins are back.

Yes finally the greatest characters that have been on the show!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Funny thing is, in the pilot, Raylan and Boyd are sitting down ready to draw, and then Ava walks out with the shotgun.

So that's twice Boyd has underestimated her willingness to shoot him.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Maybe they'll go hang out at the church again.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Eh Bob was one of the few people that could be considered an "innocent" in the justified universe, outside of Wynona and baby Willa and they already did that in season 4.

Raylan needed someone who idolized him who he personally did wrong to snap him out of his "Have to get Boyd even if it means my life/badge" moment and Bob is the perfect person for that.

Patton may be comedic relief, but his Constable Bob character was well utilized in this role in my opinion.

That and he has proved his toughness to raylan and he can be pretty trusted to not be corrupt or crooked and if you understand his limitations he is quite dependable for certain things.

• Options
    NinjeffNinjeff Registered User regular
    "Bob is all of us"

That.....that strikes me as very profound.
    Im not even sure why.

• Options
    So again watching through previous seasons. In season 3 Raylan threatens Boyd about "Taking off his star and doing a dance with him." And we finally got that pay off in 6.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Ninjeff wrote: »
    "Bob is all of us"

That.....that strikes me as very profound.
    Im not even sure why.

Drewbacca.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    I almost want someone to spoil me on Raylan dying or not, but then I don't because if he does die I wouldn't want to watch the episode and I need closure god damn it!

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.