Options

Scott Pilgrim: TAG ALL BOOK 6 SPOILERS!

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    And honestly, the hair in the books/this movie is cartoonishly colored. That'd be like asking MEW to dye her hair every which way for the role of Ramona.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I think I'm gonna pick up the soundtrack on the way home from work Tuesday.

First time I've actually bought a CD (as opposed to just grabbing it from the iTMS) in a long while.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    MarioGMarioG Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I just saw the HBO first look of the film. Why is the 13th so teasingly close?

MarioG on
    Kay wrote:
    Mario, if Slenderman had a face, I would punch him in it.

Hey, I have a blog! (Actually being updated again!)

3DS: 0860-3240-2604
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I think I'm gonna pick up the soundtrack on the way home from work Tuesday.

First time I've actually bought a CD (as opposed to just grabbing it from the iTMS) in a long while.

Actually, I think they're doing that thing I hate where we get more tracks if we buy it off ITunes than if we buy the disc.

Also, the album has the version of Black Sheep that isn't in the movie. The movie has Brie Larson's vocals.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    DragonPupDragonPup Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Amazon has the original score in download format for $10, and that includes the Universal Theme.

DragonPup on
    "I was there, I was there, the day Horus slew the Emperor." -Cpt Garviel Loken

Currently painting: Slowly [flickr]
  • Options
    Autobobby1Autobobby1 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    If you buy it on iTunes you get the score. You don't get the score from the CD version.

Autobobby1 on
  • Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Autobobby1 wrote: »
    If you buy it on iTunes you get the score. You don't get the score from the CD version.

I was under the impression that there was a separate CD for the score.

Cameron_Talley on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

I looked at the itunes version and it didn't seem to have the score but like three extra songs and cost an extra $6.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

I looked at the itunes version and it didn't seem to have the score but like three extra songs and cost an extra $6.

This.

Best Buy has the album on sale for $9.99 this week.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I may grab the soundtrack on iTunes after I see the film

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I would buy the soundtrack on iTunes but I need more SP merch to leave around my room.

MarioG on
    Kay wrote:

• Options
    EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The movie was really good. Saw a preview on Wednesday.

The fact that there was only one tattoo in the entire movie, when those characters would have been covered in triforce and nautical star tattoos if they were real people, did make it feel a little less "real", though.

Never read the books, I'll consider picking them up when they put out some kind of a discount bundle.

Evander on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Evander wrote: »
    The fact that there was only one tattoo in the entire movie, when those characters would have been covered in triforce and nautical star tattoos if they were real people, did make it feel a little less "real", though.

Not every nerd has the "us gamers" mentality and feels the need to flaunt it

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    And thank God for that

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I don't have a single tattoo. The COMPLETE lack of tattoos on any of those characters, even the background ones, just didn't look realistic.

You don't have to get over defensive about a thing.

Evander on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    And for the record, it's really the music scene aspect much more so than the gamer aspect that would have had characters sporting tattoos.

Evander on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    The Triforce tattoo comment threw it off, then

Also they don't have tattoos in the book, so hey

Maybe Canadians are just cooler (tattoos are pretty dumb)

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    SaigaSaiga Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Poster framed with my wristband from the screening + the flyer that advertised the band that won the contest and was performing at the experience.
    39779_1403834186408_1548960367_31082160_2593359_n.jpg

Saiga on
    28je138.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    comics have less detail.

seriously, you are being overly defensive just because you like a thing.

the movie is awesome. do not fret (or have you already seen it too? then you KNOW that it is awesome)

it is merely a fact that at least some of those characters, as real people, would have tattoos.

Evander on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I wouldn't call it being overly defensive

It's just probably the most nitpickiest nit that's ever been picked

I can't fathom the mind that would finish a movie and think "Man, none of those characters had tattoos."

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    but see, the thing is that you apparently can't stand to have a single nit picked

it is a thing that stood out to me, so I shared it. If that bothers you, then you ought to calm down a bit, because I also said that the movie is awesome (and it is. i'm totally going to be paying to see it again once it drops)

Evander on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Everyone will be too blown away by the film to even nitpick at such things. I assure you.

I'm just glad that I just extended my Scott Pilgrim mania into September due to apparently starting a costume group at a convention in Dallas, I'm doing Gideon Graves. The movie started a chain of events that made me very gay for Jason Schwartzman.

Saiga on
    28je138.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    but see, the thing is that you apparently can't stand to have a single nit picked

I already have a couple small issues with the film and I haven't even seen it yet, so no, not really

It's just an odd complaint

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I mean real issues, not "but the book did it THIS way" issues.

I'm assuming that's what yours are. I have no idea how true it is to the books.

Evander on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I honestly couldn't find anything wrong with the movie. The changes that were made were necessary, I mean I would have gladly sat there for a 4 hour long Scott Pilgrim movie, but in terms of being realistic I could find nothing to complain about.

Saiga on
    28je138.png
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

Nitpicking would be "I didn't like the particular way an actor delivered a certain line" or "this set didn't look like I imagined it would". The "they should have been walking tattoo galleries" thing is just beyond ridiculous.

I mean seriously, it's a nitpick on the absurdist level of Roger Ebert's "How do tripods walk" rant in his War Of The Worlds review.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Saiga wrote: »
    I honestly couldn't find anything wrong with the movie. The changes that were made were necessary, I mean I would have gladly sat there for a 4 hour long Scott Pilgrim movie, but in terms of being realistic I could find nothing to complain about.

Yeah, these are why I'm calling my issues nitpicks

I realize there's no time for Lisa Miller :( (except in my heart)

Also is that what I think it is? Are there fucking Scott Pilgrim gamerpics available on 360?

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Also is that what I think it is? Are there fucking Scott Pilgrim gamerpics available on 360?

I understand.

Yes there are, there is a pack for the 7 exes and one sweeps pack that has a picture of Scott from the teaser poster. Unfortunately there aren't more, but I am hoping for a gamerpic pack when the game hits XBLA.

Saiga on
    28je138.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Nitpicking would be "I didn't like the particular way an actor delivered a certain line" or "this set didn't look like I imagined it would". The "they should have been walking tattoo galleries" thing is just beyond ridiculous.

I mean seriously, it's a nitpick on the absurdist level of Roger Ebert's "How do tripods walk" rant in his War Of The Worlds review.

i think it's funny that any "valid" points require having read the books.

And I was the one accuse of having a destructively nerdy outlook.

I have no idea what is in the books. I'm just talking about the film as a single work until itself. IN that single work, the fact that there is one inconsequential tattoo on a character that actually probably wouldn't have had one (at least, not visibly in that particular context) but all of the other characters quite possibly would have had them, and did not, that is the type of thing that stands out.

I am NOT complaining about this fact, just noting it. Again, the way that people get defensive about it is really silly.

Evander on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

I understand.

Yes there are, there is a pack for the 7 exes and one sweeps pack that has a picture of Scott from the teaser poster. Unfortunately there aren't more, but I am hoping for a gamerpic pack when the game hits XBLA.

Fuuuuuuuck yes, I am grabbing the shit out of that exes pack

Will be sporting Todd Rundgren like crazy

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

I understand.

Fuuuuuuuck yes, I am grabbing the shit out of that exes pack

Will be sporting Todd Rundgren like crazy

I was using the Todd one until my wonderful fascination with Gideon/Jason Schwartzman took hold, I really liked movie Gideon more than book Gideon.

Saiga on
    28je138.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    All PlayStation has are Sex Bob-Omb shirts for Home. I don't even like Home.

MarioG on
    Kay wrote:

• Options
    edited August 2010
    MarioG wrote: »

Nobody likes Home

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    MarioG wrote: »

Nobody likes Home

I'm gonna have to put that shirt on though. The SP fanatic in me demands it.

MarioG on
    Kay wrote:

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

i think it's funny that any "valid" points require having read the books.

And I was the one accuse of having a destructively nerdy outlook.

I have no idea what is in the books. I'm just talking about the film as a single work until itself. IN that single work, the fact that there is one inconsequential tattoo on a character that actually probably wouldn't have had one (at least, not visibly in that particular context) but all of the other characters quite possibly would have had them, and did not, that is the type of thing that stands out.

I am NOT complaining about this fact, just noting it. Again, the way that people get defensive about it is really silly.

Fine then.

How does it stand out to anyone not looking for it (ie the mainstream audience)?
    Also, what point would all of the characters that you thought should have had gamer tats having gamer tats serve to the movie at large?
    And finally, why are you expecting artistic realism from a movie that is intentionally abstract in its art style?

I'm not questioning the validity of your criticism because of some compulsion to go "HOW DARE YOU CRITICIZE HARG BLARG", I'm doing it because it's not good criticism and because the second someone said "Hey, that's a silly thing to nitpick about", you launched into a "Well you NERDS need to stop being so NERDY about this thing! GOSH!" loop of condescension.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I wasn't looking for it, Johnny. I wasn't looking for anything. Other than hearing the name of the series constantly, I had no familiarity with Scott Pilgrim before going in. It was just a thing that struck me.

What is the difference between me and the mainstream audience?

Evander on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Home is alright.

Gonna look silly with my Sex Bob Omb t shirt and my RDR hat, though.

edit: Wow, the score preview on Amazon sort of gives away some of the movie jokes. Good thing I saw it already.

So yeah, we have to buy the score and the soundtrack? Two different albums?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited August 2010
    You don't have to

And separate scores and soundtracks is far from a new idea

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    AeolusdallasAeolusdallas Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I wasn't looking for it, Johnny. I wasn't looking for anything. Other than hearing the name of the series constantly, I had no familiarity with Scott Pilgrim before going in. It was just a thing that struck me.

What is the difference between me and the mainstream audience?

A mainstream audience wouldn't care about a character h not having a tattoo. They almost certainly wouldn't even notice.

Aeolusdallas on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Not every music scene is loaded with tattoos. Music being popular in an area =/= tattoos.

Quid on