As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

My [chat] is too big

• Options
    RaenRaen Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Raen wrote: »
    Calamine lotion is awesome, but I don't know about the $$$ factor. The Benadryl cream is good too.

Sorry to hear about the return of those little nasties. :(

I'll check the prices at Rite Aid, see what I can afford. Might need to wait 'til the next paycheck, but that's only a week.

I'd heard that you guys had a problem with them recently too, but your whole building was tented?

The majority of the building was treated, with the exception of one unit. The people living there didn't seem to understand that they could be just inches away from suffering the same problems as other people in the building. They wouldn't even let the dog handler into their unit to inspect, and went so far as to accuse the dog handler of bringing bugs into the unit to make more money.

I've heard that applying rubbing alcohol or vinegar with a cotton swab could help relieve the itching, if you have either of those at home.

Raen on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Echo wrote: »
    Actually meat tenderizer's what works on sea urchin and jellyfish stings. Ambulances in Hawai'i carry it specifically for those times that panicked tourists call about little Susie stepping on a wana or little Brian not leaving the big colorful man'o'war alone.

Now this was an interesting discussion to stumble upon.

It's funny to watch the look of disgust and dismay on the parent's faces when the EMT whips out the bottle and pours it onto the wound.

My concept of a meat tenderizer is a big ass wooden mallet with spikes on the side.

Which would be far more hilarious in this case.

See, this is what I was thinking.

"Jellyfish sting! Quick, grab my hammer!"

I figured you were and it made me laugh imagining this exact scenario

Arch on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Honk wrote: »
    edit: Wtf is wrong with the forums and double posting today.
    The Portuguese Man o' War (named caravela-portuguesa in Portuguese) is named for its air bladder, which looks similar to the triangular sails of the Portuguese ship (man-of-war) Caravela latina (two- or three-masted lateen-rigged ship caravel), of the 15th and 16th centuries.

Wiki to the rescue!

Passerbye on
  • Options
    Andrew_JayAndrew_Jay Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Oh my god. So I finally got it by just throwing wave after wave of my men at it. Plus side: gunpowder, constantly at war foe no longer has one easily defended city in my side. Time to tech like crazy.
    Civ 4?

Andrew_Jay on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Oh my god. So I finally got it by just throwing wave after wave of my men at it. Plus side: gunpowder, constantly at war foe no longer has one easily defended city in my side. Time to tech like crazy.

What game is this?

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    However, Thom, the Pope is under siege, and Henry VIII is unlikely to listen to me on account of his growing desire to prove the dispensation that allowed him to marry Catherine invalid. He is increasingly contemptuous of the Roman Catholic church.

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    edit: Wtf is wrong with the forums and double posting today.
    The Portuguese Man o' War (named caravela-portuguesa in Portuguese) is named for its air bladder, which looks similar to the triangular sails of the Portuguese ship (man-of-war) Caravela latina (two- or three-masted lateen-rigged ship caravel), of the 15th and 16th centuries.

Wiki to the rescue!

D: I guess I could have counted on wiki to know this.

But I am lazy and not so bright. :(

Honk on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The majority of the building was treated, with the exception of one unit. The people living there didn't seem to understand that they could be just inches away from suffering the same problems as other people in the building. They wouldn't even let the dog handler into their unit to inspect, and went so far as to accuse the dog handler of bringing bugs into the unit to make more money.

I've heard that applying rubbing alcohol or vinegar with a cotton swab could help relieve the itching, if you have either of those at home.

Sounds like your neighbors are a little paranoid.

I... have... things with ethyl alcohol in them. I think.

Lemme check the toner. :?

Passerbye on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    anyone up for some bad company 2?

I need to kill me some americans

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Fffffffuck.

Weighed in at just shy of 200lbs. It appears my regime has stalled.
    Abdhyius wrote: »

Give me five. You have a mic yet?

Leitner on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    except even as a Papal Nuncio, I have little power

Cardinal Wolsey is there! He is a cardinal, and Henry's right hand man!

Although what I don't get about him is that he's pro-France, even though France is all athreatin' Rome

You have power. It's just a very subtle power. Spain should still be a strong ally of the Church at the time, and they had a lot of power. Given the pressures being put upon Catherine to produce an heir, it could be suggested that Spain may be more willing to take less of an issue with a divorce if the Church suggested it was in their best interest. To work your power you need to be subtle. No threats, but more suggestions about how much easier life is if they work with you rather then against you.

And you're a Papal Nuncio. Wolsey in theory out ranks you, but your an Ambassador and have more actual power then he does. Your word is binding on the Pope, and you have the power to make treaties.

Spain is being roundly defeated in their battles with France. Charles V of the Holy Roman Empire is abed with syphilis. Communications with the Pope are cut off, on account of France murdering our envoys.

CRISIS!

Charles being down isn't as much of an issue. The Holy Roman Empire is pretty loosely set up, and the German Princes are like a herd of cats. And you just need to smile and point out the long view. Spain may be losing now. But they have a history of winning. France has a history of incompetence. If someone attempts to dismiss Spain, then wave your hand and call it luck. The Hapsbergs should control the Netherlands, so route your communications through them. And remember that the Hapsbergs are your other stick.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

Although what I don't get about him is that he's pro-France, even though France is all athreatin' Rome

You have power. It's just a very subtle power. Spain should still be a strong ally of the Church at the time, and they had a lot of power. Given the pressures being put upon Catherine to produce an heir, it could be suggested that Spain may be more willing to take less of an issue with a divorce if the Church suggested it was in their best interest. To work your power you need to be subtle. No threats, but more suggestions about how much easier life is if they work with you rather then against you.
    So Hakkes is basically the consiglieri for the Don in the Vatican?

Yes. She pretty much has that level of autonomy. Ambassadors in the period didn't do a lot of back and forth communication simply because it took too long. So they were people who's judgment was trusted by their rulers. It's why she shouldn't worry about Wolsey, but Wolsey should very much worry about her. He may be a Cardinal but she has the ear of the Pope.

I, uh. I was trying to make a joke, comparing the Catholic Church to the Mafia.
    Since one of them is built on committing crimes and the other is
    the Mafia

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Leitner wrote: »
    Fffffffuck.

Weighed in at just shy of 200lbs. It appears my regime has stalled.

Give me five. You have a mic yet?

yeah I dug it out

so now you get to hear my Squeaky Voiced Teen impression

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Ah, the classic Brannigan Maneuver.

desc on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I don't know who to cheer for

because I hate the catholic church but I like Hakkes

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Oh my God the Toner works.

I mean, I smell like mint schnapps now, but the itching is gone.

So nice.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Oh my fucking god guys.

I just opened my frigerator and found, like 50 pigs-in-a-blanket.

Winky on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

So Hakkes is basically the consiglieri for the Don in the Vatican?

Yes. She pretty much has that level of autonomy. Ambassadors in the period didn't do a lot of back and forth communication simply because it took too long. So they were people who's judgment was trusted by their rulers. It's why she shouldn't worry about Wolsey, but Wolsey should very much worry about her. He may be a Cardinal but she has the ear of the Pope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R33wr7aIhN4

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    desc wrote: »

Ah, the classic Brannigan Maneuver.

Ah, reapers.

Honk on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Sounds like your neighbors are a little paranoid.

I... have... things with ethyl alcohol in them. I think.

Lemme check the toner. :?

O_o That desperate, are we?

Raen on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    Think this is as good as it gets with a web cam.

gaunt.jpg

Echo on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Winky wrote: »
    Oh my fucking god guys.

Why would you put pigs in a blanket, and how does your fridge have room for 50?

Honk on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    O_o That desperate, are we?

They managed to bite along the edges of nearly every hem, as well as along the waistline of my undies, so yes. D:

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Echo! Liking the color scheme. Edges of the carapace look good from what I can see.

desc on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

gaunt.jpg

It looks nice, you should get a real camera though!

Honk on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

And you're a Papal Nuncio. Wolsey in theory out ranks you, but your an Ambassador and have more actual power then he does. Your word is binding on the Pope, and you have the power to make treaties.

Spain is being roundly defeated in their battles with France. Charles V of the Holy Roman Empire is abed with syphilis. Communications with the Pope are cut off, on account of France murdering our envoys.

CRISIS!

Charles being down isn't as much of an issue. The Holy Roman Empire is pretty loosely set up, and the German Princes are like a herd of cats. And you just need to smile and point out the long view. Spain may be losing now. But they have a history of winning. France has a history of incompetence. If someone attempts to dismiss Spain, then wave your hand and call it luck. The Hapsbergs should control the Netherlands, so route your communications through them. And remember that the Hapsbergs are your other stick.

well the problem with Charles being down is that were allied against France with him, but hes being a cock and not helping our troops out; especially now that we've found French agents in Scotland, trying to take us from behind.

I thought the Hapsbergs were caught up in the Protestant Reformation?

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Oh my fucking god guys.

He has an industrial-size meat freezer, and they couldn't sleep without their binkies.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Oh my fucking god guys.

And also meatballs!

God it is so wonderful having a mother who works for the beer academy. She is constantly bringing home left over catered food.

Oh man! Cheeses! <3

Winky on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Echo! Liking the color scheme. Edges of the carapace look good from what I can see.

This is my mockup theme I was going for:

warrior2.png

Echo on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    That, and I'm slightly allergic to them as well, so it's a worse reaction than a bite would be for another person.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    It looks nice, you should get a real camera though!

Yeah. I have a camera, but the charger went MIA when I moved. :x

A new one costs 400 Swedebucks. I can buy, like, 20 Gargoyles for that!

Echo on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    just kidding of course

go catholic the hell out of them, hakkes!

Imma be on BC2 in two everyone

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Oh my fucking god guys.

He has an industrial-size meat freezer, and they couldn't sleep without their binkies.

Well it makes sense now. They'd be cold without their blankets, that is very thoughtful of you Winky!

Honk on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I don't know who to cheer for

because I hate the catholic church but I like Hakkes

that's ok i'm not a huge fan of the Catholic church in 1525 either

but Henry's reason for cutting himself off are totally petty

On the other hand, the church's refusal was also petty, cause the pope has granted divorces on much flimsier grounds before

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

They managed to bite along the edges of nearly every hem, as well as along the waistline of my undies, so yes. D:

I am quite thankful to have not suffered any bites.

How are they treating your building?

Raen on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

TYRANID!!!!!

Looks good dude. You doing the dip method?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    i should become an art history major

so worthless but so much fun!

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited March 2010

This is my mockup theme I was going for:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/569190/warrior2.png

Interesting. Are the outer edges planned as a light green or more of a metallic emerald shade?

In any event, if I were a 28mm plastic dude and I saw that coming at me, I would be dismayed.

desc on
This discussion has been closed.