As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Our dearest national pastime

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It's now a sex thread.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited April 2010
    Butters wrote: »
    SimBen wrote: »
    Extramarital sex has always existed and is impossible to control. Having no means of contraception will not in any way prevent anyone from sticking their meat up a meathole. Only then you got the Catholic church piping in with "remember kids, always plant your seed". The main problem is that the church assumes that people just plain won't fuck if you don't tell them to. Solving AIDS with abstinence is like solving diabetes with not eating.

You wanna lose weight? That's easy folks, just don't eat. Remember, you're going to hell if you eat veggies.

Except abstinence isn't harmful to your physical health in any way whatsoever.

It is when you inevitably end up fucking anyway and have been told that fucking with condoms is worse than just fucking and oops guess what she has AIDS.

The church is trying to control something it knows nothing about and assumes can just be wished away.

I don't disagree with any of this. I am just explaining that their intentions are as sinister as bongi is making them out to be. They are religious, they fear for these people's souls as they are living in sin, and that's why they take the stances that they do.

Their stances are leading to the death and suffering of hundreds of thousands of people, and are not making any serious attempts to stop that

Ohhh but never mind that because they believe that it's bad for peoples' souls

Nevermind then, I guess the Catholic Church is a force for good afterall
    bongi wrote: »
    For that argument to work you'd have to prove that abstinence is actually better for you than having sex.

Uh...no I don't. Lack of harm and benefit are not the same thing.

Yes you do, because alcohol is bad for you. Your argument relies on that fact. You have to prove that sex is bad for you or the analogy fails, dude.

bongi on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Tam wrote: »
    Baseball is boring

they need to jazz it up

base-wars-nes-game.png

Langly on
  • Options
    RinderRinder Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    What about Blue Balls? Oh wait there's a good remedy for that.

Rinder on
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    In important news

Anna Paquin Comes Out as Bisexual
    No one saw this coming! Anna Paquin, who plays a telepathic vampire lover on HBO's True Blood, has come out as bisexual.

Paquin, who's engaged to her True Blood costar Stephen Moyer, makes the announcement in a PSA video promoting the Give a Damn campaign, which features celebrities speaking out for equality.

"I'm Anna Paquin. I'm bisexual and I give a damn," Paquin, 27, says on-camera during a private taping on Jan. 30 in Los Angeles. Sources said they were unaware beforehand that Paquin would make the announcement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62k8H55gFIU&feature=player_embedded#

JoeUser on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Langly wrote: »
    Baseball is boring

they need to jazz it up

base-wars-nes-game.png

I love you.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Baseball is boring

they need to jazz it up

base-wars-nes-game.png

FUCK YES THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER

THIS THREAD IS NO LONGER ABOUT ABSTINENCE, IT IS ABOUT BASE WARS

satansfingers on
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Blernsball_2.jpg

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Glorx 3:16

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    The motorcycle robots were the best robots.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Baseball is boring

they need to jazz it up

base-wars-nes-game.png

now this is something I can get behind

(also it was a Futurama reference)

edit:
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    Blernsball_2.jpg

DING DING DING

Tam on
  • Options
    CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    mandatory steroid use

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Their stances are leading to the death and suffering of hundreds of thousands of people, and are not making any serious attempts to stop that

They're weighing their deaths vs an eternity in hell and again they don't want these people to die from aids. They want them not have premarital sex which can lead to HIV.
    For that argument to work you'd have to prove that abstinence is actually better for you than having sex.

Yes you do, because alcohol is bad for you. Your argument relies on that fact. You have to prove that sex is bad for you or the analogy fails, dude.

No alcohol in excess is bad for you and your argument relies on abstaining from sex being harmful to your health. It's not.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    BLLLUUUUUURRRRRNNNNN

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hey Butters you should kill your parents because it's good for your soul. My god told me to tell you this, and I'm passing it along to you because I worry about your soul. I just want you to live forever in heaven. :)

I'm a force for good in the world.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    They need to release a new Base Wars game on the Wii PRONTO

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010

They're weighing their deaths vs an eternity in hell and again they don't want these people to die from aids. They want them not have premarital sex which can lead to HIV.

it seems like the church could probably focus on other matters where church doctrine doesn't directly contribute to the spread of a horrible illness. it's not like they're totally unaware of the tens of millions of people with hiv/aids. i feel like surely there are more pressing spiritual matters than avoiding contraception.

satansfingers on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hey Butters you should kill your parents because it's good for your soul. My god told me to tell you this, and I'm passing it along to you because I worry about your soul. I just want you to live forever in heaven. :)

I wouldn't recommend it as I am not religious and I don't think the catholic church would recommend killing your parents either.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    MULTIBALL

MULTIBALL

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited April 2010

Regardless, they are lying to people in order to try and further their own dubious agenda re: souls, and in doing so causing measurable death and suffering.

Notice: the claim that you should not have sex before marriage is perfectly compatible with the claim that condoms prevent the spread of AIDS.

I mean if they weren't compatible they still wouldn't be a force for good but at least they wouldn't be lying through their teeth.
    butters wrote:
    bongi wrote:

No alcohol in excess is bad for you and your argument relies on abstaining from sex being harmful to your health. It's not.
    It pretty much entirely depends upon what you take to be the baseline and then what you take to be better or worse.

I mean if you're just gonna be arbitrary about it let's just say that drinking is perfectly healthy and that the health effects you get from not drinking are just 'benefits'.

bongi on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

I wouldn't recommend it as I am not religious and I don't think the catholic church would recommend killing your parents either.

Yeah okay sure I was totally serious and trying to convert you to my fucked up cult instead of trying to drive a point through by using hyperbole.

You sure got me.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Let's go to [Military] Prison!
    Why is the national security community treating the "Enemy Belligerent, Interrogation, Detention, and Prosecution Act of 2010," introduced by Sens. John McCain and Joseph Lieberman on Thursday as a standard proposal, as a simple response to the administration's choices in the aftermath of the Christmas Day bombing attempt? A close reading of the bill suggests it would allow the U.S. military to detain U.S. citizens without trial indefinitely in the U.S. based on suspected activity. Read the bill here, and then read the summarized points after the jump.

According to the summary, the bill sets out a comprehensive policy for the detention, interrogation and trial of suspected enemy belligerents who are believed to have engaged in hostilities against the United States by requiring these individuals to be held in military custody, interrogated for their intelligence value and not provided with a Miranda warning.

(There is no distinction between U.S. persons--visa holders or citizens--and non-U.S. persons.)

Not that I expect anything less from the old-fuck conservative circus inhabited by McCain and Lieberman.

jesus fuck no

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Damn it bongi, you couldn't quote the fixed post?

Yeah okay sure I was totally serious and trying to convert you to my fucked up cult instead of trying to drive a point through by using hyperbole.

You sure got me.

Your use of hyperbole is flawed as the church isn't suggesting people harm themselves. In fact they are suggesting the opposite.

Butters on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

there are kids born with aids in africa, but I guess you knew that?
    It's perfectly possible to not practice premarital sex and still get HIV

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010

yes people can get HIV in all sorts of ways, but that doesn't change the fact that sex is a common way and the use of contraception would greatly reduce the risk in that scenario

satansfingers on
  • Options
    Solid BonesSolid Bones Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Baseball is boring

they need to jazz it up

Did you know jazz was actually a baseball term before it was a music term?

It first appeared in 1912 in a sports column as a negative term. Then the next year in the same paper as a positive term "jazz in his step" type thing. It wasn't used to mean lively music until 1915

Solid Bones on
    Tea and Scrabble
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    and then, around 1984

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Of course but less sex with less partners would help reduce the spread of HIV.

Again, I don't support the church lying about contraception or even their proposed solutions to the problem. Just explaining their true intentions.

Butters on
  • Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I would say that the Chruch's influence against condoms in Africa is an abomination, and theres no defence for it.

People fuck, its what they do. To campaign against the one thing that could prevent HIV from being spread is disgusting.

e: Their intentions may be good sure; they just really need to stop what they're doing.

101 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'm a little bit too far on the cynical side to think that the church genuinely cares about saving any souls but their own, but fair enough.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited April 2010

Again, I don't support the church lying about contraception or even their proposed solutions to the problem. Just explaining their true intentions.

Knowing their true intentions doesn't make their actions any better.

bongi on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    yeah i think that when actions directly contribute to the spread of a deadly pandemic intentions are kind of a little irrelevant

satansfingers on
  • Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Is this a good place to put a medical story about how Zoel is a silly goose

I have one of those to share

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

So the ends justify the means?
    What could go wrong...

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    psychoticdreampsychoticdream Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Zoel wrote: »

go for it man

psychoticdream on
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Butters why do you hate black people so much

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Zoel wrote: »

The best kind of medical story

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Baseball is boring

they need to jazz it up

Did you know jazz was actually a baseball term before it was a music term?

It first appeared in 1912 in a sports column as a negative term. Then the next year in the same paper as a positive term "jazz in his step" type thing. It wasn't used to mean lively music until 1915

look at captain fun fact over here

Tam on
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    Butters why do you hate black people so much

I'm black, and I approve this message

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
This discussion has been closed.