As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A [Chat] at the Opera

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    stilist wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Man, I would really like to go to school in Boston but I don't know about not being able to see any stars.

Even if I don't have a telescope I just like looking at them.
    What do they make you feel?

It feels weird when I can't see them. It's almost a security thing, I like being able to look up and find them there. They just make me think.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Drez wrote: »
    I warned Hippie what would happen. I liked him, but I was unsurprised. :(

tee hee....

Glass houses dude.

tee hee... go crawl back under your rock.

I warned Hippie because I got banned multiple times for exploding on people. I told him "you're going to befall the same fate as me. The only reason I'm still around is because I've tried to control that. If you don't, you're going to get banned. The mods keep a closer eye on people like you and me because we've caused drama here, so they have a lower tolerance for our behavior." The PMs I sent him are long gone, but that was the gist of it. Hell, I might have told him that in public, so you may even be able to find the post(s) I'm referring to.

So what stones was I throwing there, RiemannLives? It was friendly advice based on experience. Because I didn't want him to get banned.

How about you keep your ignorant, passive-aggressive snide commentary to yourself.

Give it a couple weeks drez and you'll have your usual avatar back.

I'm saying that your posting style is and was every bit as aggravating as Hippie's. He just got up the wrong peoples noses about the religion thing while you got a pass on the creeeeeepy thing. It's all a crapshoot and you got lucky and would be wise to remember that.

And don't go thinking you've changed man just because Irene left.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Have I ever been reported? Not to set off a bunch of people asking the same thing.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I liked Hippie, his rage was at least understandable and clearly focused. He also managed to keep me updated on weird political scandal in the US via his many threads

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I bet if I get talked about somewhere else it's in the form of "Yeah, that guy posts a lot, but fuck if I can describe him in any way."

I mostly make uninteresting posts.

I figure it's better to stay under the radar.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Will, I think you'd like the FLGS I hang out at. The guy who runs it is pure class. Wears a nice vest to work every day. He's like the anti-Comic Book Guy.

Aside from being very knowledgeable about comic books.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    apparently my posts get reported to the mods a lot

i have heard this from more than one mod

there's a lot of people who report my posts to get me in trouble, and it's actually a lot of the same people

the mods do very little about it, because most of the reported posts are just people who don't like me anyway being sour about whatever, and not actually infraction-worthy

I've told you this before, but you've gotten so much better over the past while Pony.

For a while I would kind of cringe when you popped into D&D because you had like a wake of SE people who would just cause all kinds of trouble.

But I have really come to appreciate your postings and your perspectives!

well, i've actually had a pretty significant series of changes in my life over the past two years

i went through some pretty serious times

i came out of it a changed and, in my opinion, better man

also, i post in SE++ way less than i used to. in fact, i post here more than anywhere else now

so the cadre of people who despise me on SE++ don't feel as compelled to follow me about causing shit, i guess?

from what i am given to understand it's not a very large group

Pony on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Riemann stop trying to provoke Drez.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Does anyone know the real name of the oh shit handle?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Axe commercials keep getting more and more creepy.

"Women will fuck you if you spray this on yourself."

That is their basic marketing campaign. There's really not much "not creepy" one can do with that.

_J_ on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Will, I think you'd like the FLGS I hang out at. The guy who runs it is pure class. Wears a nice vest to work every day. He's like the anti-Comic Book Guy.

Aside from being very knowledgeable about comic books.

The Dreaming?

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Nocturne, he's that guy, I don't know.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    I bet if I get talked about somewhere else it's in the form of "Yeah, that guy posts a lot, but fuck if I can describe him in any way."

I mostly make uninteresting posts.

I figure it's better to stay under the radar.

Right, so when the time comes for you to strike they'll never see it coming.

Quite clever.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    i too think i'm much better off with people thinking i'm some kind of weird text generator than an actual person

Rust on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Man, thinking back, there is no way I can't have been reported.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    also i wish i could ego search.

you guys are so lucky.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    _J_ wrote: »

That is their basic marketing campaign. There's really not much "not creepy" one can do with that.

The girl has told me that she finds the Axe stuff to be foul smelling and she suggested that I never look into acquiring any.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    thanks sarks

may i add that will is such a rad fucking dude- i'm not even kidding

all the japanimation shit he lambastes on here, he seriously isn't malicious about it. hearing him discuss it in person is actually an edifying view of his character. he is very fraternal, maybe even traces of paternal. he taught me stuff about physics, ordering liquor, boston, going back to school, et cetera. even his ribbing about my weight was very friendly.

though, he did immediately frisk me upon introductions, wondering whether i'd carried across state lines in defiance of MA law

i was very happy with everyone i met at PAX, but will was probably the guy who surprised me the most with how much i liked him versus what i expected

This is such a genuinely nice thing to say, Chu.

Thank you.

I really enjoyed meeting you and getting to hang out with you. You are a super dude! And actually cleverer in person than you are on the forums even! You have a good-natured, gentle and even character that speaks well of you.

I really do hope you make it back up to Boston again man. It's just a short train ride.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Chocolate man commercial was really creepy

but this new one where this girl starts rubbing her face into the back of this dude's head at a party is just off-putting.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Rust wrote: »
    i too think i'm much better off with people thinking i'm some kind of weird text generator than an actual person

You and me both.

_J_ on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I warned Hippie what would happen. I liked him, but I was unsurprised. :(

tee hee....

Glass houses dude.

tee hee... go crawl back under your rock.

I warned Hippie because I got banned multiple times for exploding on people. I told him "you're going to befall the same fate as me. The only reason I'm still around is because I've tried to control that. If you don't, you're going to get banned. The mods keep a closer eye on people like you and me because we've caused drama here, so they have a lower tolerance for our behavior." The PMs I sent him are long gone, but that was the gist of it. Hell, I might have told him that in public, so you may even be able to find the post(s) I'm referring to.

So what stones was I throwing there, RiemannLives? It was friendly advice based on experience. Because I didn't want him to get banned.

How about you keep your ignorant, passive-aggressive snide commentary to yourself.

Give it a couple weeks drez and you'll have your usual avatar back.

I'm saying that your posting style is and was every bit as aggravating as Hippie's. He just got up the wrong peoples noses about the religion thing while you got a pass on the creeeeeepy thing. It's all a crapshoot and you got lucky and would be wise to remember that.

And don't go thinking you've changed man just because Irene left.

The only creeps around here are the people who gossip behind each other's backs (Irene and some other forumer I won't name) and come out of the woodwork to make passive-aggressive snipes (you). You can sit there and judge me if you like. I really don't know who you are despite seeing your name hundreds of times, usually when you slink out of the shadows to say something ignorant like the above two posts in this quote-tree. I'm not sure you even have a distinct personality. But if you don't think it's creepy to post the way you do, maybe you should go back to the mirror and take another look at yourself.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Nocturne, he's that guy, I don't know.

Destined to be neither hated nor loved.

You forget he was there only seconds after seeing him.

Nocturne, playing the role of himself in the movie critics are calling "Which one was that again?"

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

What, no, he's talking about the commercial where a bunch of men are axed to death by women lumberjacks and turned into stew.

Axe: Women will put you in their mouth.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

I keep confusing you with Ludious. I don't know why.

I am very sorry.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »

The girl has told me that she finds the Axe stuff to be foul smelling and she suggested that I never look into acquiring any.

Yeah, my GF told me that Axe is disgusting and whenever I joke about using it she gets unhappy.

_J_ on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    Man, I would really like to go to school in Boston but I don't know about not being able to see any stars.

We have a planetarium.

Several of them!

And actually you don't have to get that far outside the city to see stars.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Man, thinking back, there is no way I can't have been reported.

I have no idea if I have or not. I know I don't have any infractions but I've lost my temper a few times.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    more than once i have tried to talk to the people who inter-hate me

about what their deal is

i find that in most cases, it actually has very little to do with my tone or being sort of rude and pushy or whatever

and more has to do with my bizarre anecdotes and how people fawn over them and how they think i'm a big fat phoney and hate that i am so "popular"

that's always been weird for me to deal with, because it's impossible for me to dismiss the idea that they're motivated by jealousy

and i am like "what in god's name are you jealous of i am a horribly fucked up human being who has had a largely terrible life"

the answer to that is apparently they are jealous of someone being more interesting than they are

that is so sad

Pony on
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010

I keep confusing you with Ludious. I don't know why.

I am very sorry.

kee-rist, that stings

i've got more class in my hypothetical pinky finger than ludious has in his whole body

Rust on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    wtf was that video feral

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited March 2010

We have a planetarium.

Several of them!

And actually you don't have to get that far outside the city to see stars.

I am so damn lazy.

I don't think I want a hobby to get in the way of moving forward, though, so we will see.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Thanks, I'm just glad that I wasn't the only one to see how apparent his trolling was.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    more than once i have tried to talk to the people who inter-hate me

about what their deal is

i find that in most cases, it actually has very little to do with my tone or being sort of rude and pushy or whatever

and more has to do with my bizarre anecdotes and how people fawn over them and how they think i'm a big fat phoney and hate that i am so "popular"

that's always been weird for me to deal with, because it's impossible for me to dismiss the idea that they're motivated by jealousy

and i am like "what in god's name are you jealous of i am a horribly fucked up human being who has had a largely terrible life"

the answer to that is apparently they are jealous of someone being more interesting than they are

that is so sad

I like hearing stories of people who inter-hate me.

I appreciate that they have nothing better to do with their emotions.

_J_ on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    will i think frankie wanted to spit on me when you told her about my carrying

but god does that woman loosen up after a sidecar

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Thanks, I'm just glad that I wasn't the only one to see how apparent his trolling was.

I think all y'alls need to cool down.

Smoke a joint, drink some soda, eat a hot dog.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Using chemicals on women without their consent to alter their perception of you.

It's absolutely no different than, say, intentionally getting a woman shit faced so she'll sleep with you. Or, in a sense, even roofies.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    thanks sarks

may i add that will is such a rad fucking dude- i'm not even kidding

all the japanimation shit he lambastes on here, he seriously isn't malicious about it. hearing him discuss it in person is actually an edifying view of his character. he is very fraternal, maybe even traces of paternal. he taught me stuff about physics, ordering liquor, boston, going back to school, et cetera. even his ribbing about my weight was very friendly.

though, he did immediately frisk me upon introductions, wondering whether i'd carried across state lines in defiance of MA law

i was very happy with everyone i met at PAX, but will was probably the guy who surprised me the most with how much i liked him versus what i expected

This is such a genuinely nice thing to say, Chu.

Thank you.

I really enjoyed meeting you and getting to hang out with you. You are a super dude! And actually cleverer in person than you are on the forums even! You have a good-natured, gentle and even character that speaks well of you.

I really do hope you make it back up to Boston again man. It's just a short train ride.

Get a room already, you homps.

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Drez and Riemann stop feuding.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    My identity here as youthful [chat]ter from Toronto who isn't Choco or Sabs is at no risk of changing.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

Using chemicals on women without their consent to alter their perception of you.

It's absolutely no different than, say, intentionally getting a woman shit faced so she'll sleep with you. Or, in a sense, even roofies.

I've seen ads from companies that actually claim to be selling pheromones that do just this.

TL DR on
This discussion has been closed.