Options

A [Chat] at the Opera

• Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Quid wrote: »
    Tynic's gone? I talked to her just a few weeks ago in AC.

Done with D&D. She still goes into AC occasionally.

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I would totally dig on meeting Pony in real life. Something tells me I'd be able to communicate with him a lot better than on here.

just be prepared for the volume

Pony on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    God, I love forum schisms. I've been around for so many. I think the Technorati one was my favorite, but then there was the post-G&T-chat-thread schism too. They went off to some shitty little forum and made fun of a number of specific posters here (myself included). I don't even remember what it was called. The---something. The R-something. Fuck I can't remember.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Incidentally, Irond Will, I don't know if you were around for this yesterday, but I've totally come to see your side of the warglbargl nerd thing.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    even though oboro was wicked disruptive i still liked her and wanted her to be able to stick around

In Oboro's case I think it was better for -her- to not be here.

Especially with _J_'s special moments of insensitivity.

--

Wait what. Kusu's why Tynic is gone? Dammit I liked Tynic.

what? no. They got fed up with the same thing, is all

I remember Kusu being specifically banned from D&D.

Obviously not Tynic because she's the greatest thing since Noom.

Quid on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    I have no sympathy for wiggin

also given what certain mods here let certain not banned forumers here get away with, glass houses and stones

you have gotten a pretty easy ride senj i won't lie

it's true

but the truth is kusu went on a tear for the same reason tynic got fed up and left and a bunch of other people came close to ragequitting, and that whole incident was more or less because the people causing all the drama were tight with the mods

Mods are human like everyone else, so maybe kusu or teefs gets away with shit in SE++ that they wouldn't get somewhere where they aren't friendly with the mods, but that is undeniably true here too is all I'm saying

i don't really remember what was up with that. I was a newly-minted mod when all that was going down, and i think i didn't really understand what was going on. I remember a couple of dudes almost made us shut down the chat thread because it was nothing but a series of semi-ironic gay come-ons.

Who were those guys? I don't even remember their names.

I never really knew why Tynic left. We could ask Dyna in his capacity as forum archivist i guess.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Drez wrote: »
    God, I love forum schisms. I've been around for so many. I think the Technorati one was my favorite, but then there was the post-G&T-chat-thread schism too. They went off to some shitty little forum and made fun of a number of specific posters here (myself included). I don't even remember what it was called. The---something. The R-something. Fuck I can't remember.

I won't name it but I posted there for about a year!

Then I wised the fuck up and I came back here.

Best decision of my God damn Internet life.

You're right, they didn't like you at all! :D

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    maybe that first one wasn't called Technorati. I can't remember. It was when Steven and Cuthbert and a bunch of homps ragequit for some stupid reason.

Drez on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Quid wrote: »
    Tynic's gone? I talked to her just a few weeks ago in AC.

Done with D&D. She still goes into AC occasionally.

Yeah, but I spend zero time in AC so she may as well be on the PVP forums. :P

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    I would totally dig on meeting Pony in real life. Something tells me I'd be able to communicate with him a lot better than on here.

you have no inside voice?

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    When I'm in the the peak of my depression or anxiety, I imagine that you guys all have a secret subforum in which you just quote things I've posted and mock me mercilessly.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I miss MrBallBaggins

mostly because he wasn't banned, he died.

:(

James on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    apparently my posts get reported to the mods a lot

i have heard this from more than one mod

there's a lot of people who report my posts to get me in trouble, and it's actually a lot of the same people

the mods do very little about it, because most of the reported posts are just people who don't like me anyway being sour about whatever, and not actually infraction-worthy

Pony on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I have no sympathy for wiggin

also given what certain mods here let certain not banned forumers here get away with, glass houses and stones

you have gotten a pretty easy ride senj i won't lie

it's true

but the truth is kusu went on a tear for the same reason tynic got fed up and left and a bunch of other people came close to ragequitting, and that whole incident was more or less because the people causing all the drama were tight with the mods

Mods are human like everyone else, so maybe kusu or teefs gets away with shit in SE++ that they wouldn't get somewhere where they aren't friendly with the mods, but that is undeniably true here too is all I'm saying

i don't really remember what was up with that. I was a newly-minted mod when all that was going down, and i think i didn't really understand what was going on. I remember a couple of dudes almost made us shut down the chat thread because it was nothing but a series of semi-ironic gay come-ons.

Who were those guys? I don't even remember their names.

I never really knew why Tynic left. We could ask Dyna in his capacity as forum archivist i guess.

Uh

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Dyna's forum knowledge is terrifying. Not in a creepy internet person way, but in a scary eidetic memory sort of way.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

Pony and making noise is like a shark and movement. If he's not talking, he DIES.

That would make a good plot for a movie.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    hanging out with the D&D Pax crew was just so much fun though pony

Glad it worked out for you.

PAX meetups are so much less horror-inducing than one would suspect.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    When I'm in the the peak of my depression or anxiety, I imagine that you guys all have a secret subforum in which you just quote things I've posted and mock me mercilessly.

Okay, who told?

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Alright, time to eat popcorn, drink cheap tequila, and watch Eddie Izzard. I'm sure tomorrow's five AM run will be fun.

Quid on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I warned Hippie what would happen. I liked him, but I was unsurprised. :(

tee hee....

Glass houses dude.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Okay, who told? :|

Fluffy you posted this in the wrong thread!

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

I think that is more or less how the mod forum works when someone gets reported.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

pretty much

i am a loud, aggressive dude

i am actually pretty jovial and cheerful most of the time!

but i pretty much have one interaction volume and that volume is 11

some people like that!

some other people, especially people with say, insecurities or anxiety problems, find me really unpleasant

i can tone it down, if i make a deliberate effort to do so

and sometimes, i do that

Pony on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    Incidentally, Irond Will, I don't know if you were around for this yesterday, but I've totally come to see your side of the warglbargl nerd thing.

We were talking about it some this weekend. I think it's mostly a combination of me getting older and a little ossified in my thinking, and also I want for nerdy kids to just engage the world better - like encouraging them to double down in their little reality-schisms and alternative sub-communities is just doing them a disservice.

Sure play the dungeons and dragons but leave the fuckin cape at home okay?

I guess it's a little patriarchal and isn't especially my place. I guess being both an old dude and a moderator in a kinda nerd-flavored internet forum makes me feel a little responsible?

Also I sometimes just find them irritating.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    thanks sarks

may i add that will is such a rad fucking dude- i'm not even kidding

all the japanimation shit he lambastes on here, he seriously isn't malicious about it. hearing him discuss it in person is actually an edifying view of his character. he is very fraternal, maybe even traces of paternal. he taught me stuff about physics, ordering liquor, boston, going back to school, et cetera. even his ribbing about my weight was very friendly.

though, he did immediately frisk me upon introductions, wondering whether i'd carried across state lines in defiance of MA law

i was very happy with everyone i met at PAX, but will was probably the guy who surprised me the most with how much i liked him versus what i expected

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Pony and making noise is like a shark and movement. If he's not talking, he DIES.

this is eerily accurate

i am a fucking chatterbox

Pony on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

We were talking about it some this weekend. I think it's mostly a combination of me getting older and a little ossified in my thinking, and also I want for nerdy kids to just engage the world better - like encouraging them to double down in their little reality-schisms and alternative sub-communities is just doing them a disservice.

I guess it's a little patriarchal and isn't especially my place. I guess being both an old dude and a moderator in a kinda nerd-flavored internet forum makes me feel a little responsible?

Super fucking irritating.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Uh

OIC

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »

Okay, who told? :|

Fluffy you posted this in the wrong thread!

ohshi-

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    i have yet to meet a forumer from PA in person that i didn't immediately get along with and befriend

including people who were sorta leery of me and were apprehensive about meeting me

i have no negative experiences meeting PA forumers

I have never met anyone, but my friend who has met PA folk speaks very highly of their being generally pleasant folk.

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I warned Hippie what would happen. I liked him, but I was unsurprised. :(

tee hee....

Glass houses dude.

tee hee... go crawl back under your rock.

I warned Hippie because I got banned multiple times for exploding on people. I told him "you're going to befall the same fate as me. The only reason I'm still around is because I've tried to control that. If you don't, you're going to get banned. The mods keep a closer eye on people like you and me because we've caused drama here, so they have a lower tolerance for our behavior." The PMs I sent him are long gone, but that was the gist of it. Hell, I might have told him that in public, so you may even be able to find the post(s) I'm referring to.

So what stones was I throwing there, RiemannLives? It was friendly advice based on experience. Because I didn't want him to get banned.

How about you keep your ignorant, passive-aggressive snide commentary to yourself.

Drez on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Man, I would really like to go to school in Boston but I don't know about not being able to see any stars.

Even if I don't have a telescope I just like looking at them.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

will this is pretty much how i am

i am not no internet moderator or nothing but

you'll notice that a running theme in a lot of my subcultural criticism is telling people they need to back up a little and get a breath of fresh air and have some nuance to their hobbies and lifestyle

it comes across as far more boorish than i intend

not sure what to do with that, really, i talk how i talk

Pony on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010

this is eerily accurate

So the "shut the fuck up" part of your brain was the first to go, eh?

Sad.

:P

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Aside from the glorious hair I do not look like LoveIsUnity.

Also I have like half that much hair right now.

I exist beyond the hair, man.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I would also like to meet Pony (and the rest of the Ontario chatters) if I'm ever on your side of the country again.

James on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Man, I would really like to go to school in Boston but I don't know about not being able to see any stars.

Even if I don't have a telescope I just like looking at them.
    What do they make you feel?

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    apparently my posts get reported to the mods a lot

i have heard this from more than one mod

there's a lot of people who report my posts to get me in trouble, and it's actually a lot of the same people

the mods do very little about it, because most of the reported posts are just people who don't like me anyway being sour about whatever, and not actually infraction-worthy

I've told you this before, but you've gotten so much better over the past while Pony.

For a while I would kind of cringe when you popped into D&D because you had like a wake of SE people who would just cause all kinds of trouble.

But I have really come to appreciate your postings and your perspectives!

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    _J_ wrote: »

this is eerily accurate

So the "shut the fuck up" part of your brain was the first to go, eh?

Sad.

:P

naw bro

that would imply that this was a change after i had a stroke

pretty sure i was just born without that part

Pony on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Axe commercials keep getting more and more creepy.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
This discussion has been closed.