As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's Play Condemned: Criminal Origins - Set 9! And... finished!

2»

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Is it just me, or does set 7's audio go about a second out of sync halfway through?

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    SeriousStuSeriousStu Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Figgy wrote: »
    Is it just me, or does set 7's audio go about a second out of sync halfway through?

Ah, shit, yeah you're right. Sorry fellas, dunno how that one happened. Set 8 seems to be fine though, so hopefully it's just a one off.

Super stunning mega conclusive ending set, coming very soon!!!!!!!!!!!

SeriousStu on
  • Options
    SeriousStuSeriousStu Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Set 9 has totally been uploaded fo' realz, yo. And, as I suspected, it's the final set to a disappointingly short game. Boo...

Vids added to the first post as always.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Overall though, I was hoping it'd be more scary. It's plot was a bit too straight forward, though I don't quite know where the Jaws Ninja/crap Sith Lord fits into everything. Maybe I'll LP the 2nd game some day... maybe I won't. I don't think I could get into this game as much as I had hoped so I've little drive to do the sequel as well. I'll just think of something else!

Hope you all enjoyed the ride! It certainly wasn't FEAR but it was quite good fun, if a bit on the short side. See ya next time!

SeriousStu on
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Pretty typical for horror games and movies, it tried to ramp up the creepy but ultimately had nowhere to go with it. Nothing about his dreams, switching between color / black-and-white, and the whole disease which was causing brains to swell and all that was really explained, nor how it tied into that metal ninja guy. Least of all how Ethan was actually one too? I have no idea.

A wizard did it!

Only replace 'wizard' with 'cult' and I guess it works about the same.

Still, a great LP and I enjoyed watching you play it. Can't wait for more. :)

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    As you have been doing this LP, I have been following it whilst slowly starting the sequel. I won't be going back to play the first one, because I have this one to fill that in for me!

Let me list for you the differences (and improvements) in the sequel, since both games are so fresh in my mind. This may alter your decision and force you to try the sequel right now!

- You can now hold your blocks, although timing is still important to avoid damage entirely.
    - You can punch with either hand as well as kick, making the combat much more interesting with combos and what not.
    - You can THROW your weapons and objects. That's right. All empty firearms become excellent projectiles.
    - You can do environmental finishing moves. So instead of just headbutting him, you put him in a choke hold and then look around the room for something to KILL him with. A TV? Put his head through it. A wall? Smash his face into it. A railing? You get the idea.
    - There's BOOZE! Yeah, you can drink to calm your nerves..although I don't really find it all that useful.
    - You can jump! Okay, no you can't. You still cannot jump.....
    - Running is better! Yay! You are much faster and can run for extending periods. There is even a special attack based on sprinting up to your opponent.
    - Investigations are cooler! They are. The game holds your hand less yet makes investigations a bit more interactive, as you must make conclusions based on what you see and then are graded on it. For instance, you study a blood splatter on the floor and then determine what happened through multiple choice as you uncover new evidence at the scene.
    - You unlock shit. By earning different medals after each level (silver, gold, etc) you unlock better gear. Brass knuckles so your punches hurt more, a bulletproof vest so bullets hurt less, a holster for your firearm, etc.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    But can you reload a firearm? Because seriously, that was the dumbest shit ever.

I understand ammo being scarce, but towards the end of the game there, Ethan was holding a rifle and there were two more on the ground. Yet for some reason, Ethan is too goddamn stupid to take the clips out of those other two rifles to give himself more ammo going forward. Nooo, instead Stu is forced to cycle through the rifles until he finds the one with the fullest clip. Gah!

Toxic Pickle on