Options

Just Cause 2: This game is still awesome

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Here's a question...when/if coop comes out...will we be able to grapple each other?

Tango dancing, Rico style.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    hahaha
    dunno, the coop mod still has a ways to go.

EDIT: Isn't Rico Mexican? Tango has as much to do with Mexico as snow with Gana.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    He's from Panama according to his bio in the game.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ha, was just exploring the Mile High Club, carefully avoiding the giant hole in the floor of the interior. Said to myself that I'd need to make sure not to walk right off and fall. Saw something shiny in the ceiling, grappled to it, then accidentally jumped off.

Kicking rave music though.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    no, somebody in this thread confirmed he's from antoniobanderastan

Nuzak on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Just met up with Bolo Santosi proper in the game, albeit accidentally. She's a lot better when she's speaking full sentences. Not nearly as bad as the demo.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited April 2010
    Nuzak wrote: »
    no, somebody in this thread confirmed he's from antoniobanderastan

Did you play the first game? 'Cause I wear down, Banderas had grounds to sue Avalanche for the likeness. It was spot on, the voice, the look. Shit, even the 'running with a stick up your ass' thing he did.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Antonio Banderas probably was too busy banging his wife and sleeping on money to know what a Just Cause was.

Also, they could just as easily say it's based off Banderas' character from his movies.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    This game needs wingsuits.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    CohsaeCohsae Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    This game needs wingsuits.

THIS. Buzzing past cliffs and stuff would be some awesome shit.

Cohsae on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So are there mod tools for this or something? I see people creating/editing this ARC and TAB files, that obviously contain the data files they are modding...but I can't seem to find any tools to modify them anywhere?

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    For whatever reason it strikes me as hilarious to grapple onto a telephone before phoning in for a faction mission.

Syngyne on
    5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I just spent an entire day playing this game and getting 100% in areas and exploring and dicking around and i only did like 4 missions. I have not played a game like that in a long long time, probably since gta 3 in college. What a great game.

Honestly my favorite thing to do so far has been to explore, wander around to various "dots" and massacre everything there. But there are some gems, oil rigs in particular are pretty fun to just helicopter to death.

Probably end game question
    so i went to the island with nothing on it and got shocked any my copter was trashed, what can i do there, is there any way to get back to the rest of the game? Does it eventually become a place to travel to?

also where is the damn lost easter egg hatch, i found the beach sign, but i cant find the hatch, where is it at?

Barcardi on
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Barcardi wrote: »
    I just spent an entire day playing this game and getting 100% in areas and exploring and dicking around and i only did like 4 missions. I have not played a game like that in a long long time, probably since gta 3 in college. What a great game.

Honestly my favorite thing to do so far has been to explore, wander around to various "dots" and massacre everything there. But there are some gems, oil rigs in particular are pretty fun to just helicopter to death.

so i went to the island with nothing on it and got shocked any my copter was trashed, what can i do there, is there any way to get back to the rest of the game? Does it eventually become a place to travel to?

also where is the damn lost easter egg hatch, i found the beach sign, but i cant find the hatch, where is it at?
    There is a single faction mission that uses that island. It's a pretty long mission too. As far as I know, it's the only thing to do on that island.

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The demo of this blew me away. I mean, I knew it was a good game, but I didn't know there was a steam demo. My bad.

The only thing I'm worried about is that it seems rediculously easy once you get a combat chopper to go in and just lay waste to a ton of cities. Sure, you can't do the hacking stuff or collect the crates, but it sure as heck seems to make things easier. Does that get balanced out later?

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Athenor wrote: »
    The demo of this blew me away. I mean, I knew it was a good game, but I didn't know there was a steam demo. My bad.

The only thing I'm worried about is that it seems rediculously easy once you get a combat chopper to go in and just lay waste to a ton of cities. Sure, you can't do the hacking stuff or collect the crates, but it sure as heck seems to make things easier. Does that get balanced out later?

SAMs, enemy helicopters and flak will tend to get in your way.

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Athenor wrote: »

If you stick to the fringes of combat areas, you'll be fine. lay waste to the hard structures, move in for the mop-up. both your and the AI's guns in this game are frikkin' laser beams anyway.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    The heat levels in the Demo won't go past 3. They get a lot worse in game. and the elites with sniper shotguns are much worse in the full game.

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Proven MortalProven Mortal Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm in Panau City Park District, my completion is 100% of this area (just found a water tower) but its not complete, I'm guessing I lack some 0.1% stuff, but why round up to 100% (instead of 99%) and not give me a completion ?

I'm looking for Colonels or Propaganda trucks now, but has this happened to anyone else ?

Edit: Found another Water Tower that triggered completion.

Proven Mortal on
    Proven+Mortal.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    City districts are SO evil.

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'm in Panau City Park District, my completion is 100% of this area (just found a water tower) but its not complete, I'm guessing I lack some 0.1% stuff, but why round up to 100% (instead of 99%) and not give me a completion ?

I'm looking for Colonels or Propaganda trucks now, but has this happened to anyone else ?

It's usually a transformer for me. God I hate transformers with a passion.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Good thing that Panau City doesnt have transformers or generators then. (They would be literally impossible to spot in those huge areas.)

Just give me my Black Market Aerial pack already, I just want to blast around with Jets on my parachute

Edit: Just got Wrecking Ball achievement, that was stupidly situational and annoying compared to the other "Kill dude using X" achievements.

Proven Mortal on
    Proven+Mortal.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Good thing that Panau City doesnt have transformers or generators then. (They would be literally impossible to spot in those huge areas.)

Just give me my Black Market Aerial pack already, I just want to blast around with Jets on my parachute

Edit: Just got Wrecking Ball achievement, that was stupidly situational and annoying compared to the other "Kill dude using X" achievements.

I can't tell you how much you made my day by telling me that. I only cleared one island of the city before I went back east to clear the countryside and those things are obnoxious. Generators aren't that bad because they're usually next to something.

I liked the wrecking ball achievement though, wasn't that bad. If it was kill 5 at once... then yea.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    hailthefishhailthefish Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    There's also no shotguns, missile launchers, etc in the demo. Those two, really, are the biggest day wreckers of all. Nothing like dying three seconds in to a stronghold takeover four times in a row because you couldn't deal with the Elites in the guard towers fast enough and still avoid getting turned to hamburger by the platoon of shotgun jerks out front.

In the demo I was able to rambo my way through military bases with dual SMGs laying waste to all I saw. In the full game.. this is not recommended.

That DLC ice cream truck is effin' amazing though. Just for grins and shits I called one in and went for a drive... okay, I got on the freeway and held down W. Ran over motorcycles like they didn't exist, though oddly enough, didn't always kill the driver. Most cars it would push out of the way, though not completely. Didn't do much damage to military vehicles though. It was, however, a badass damage sponge. I got shot up for about 3 km, rolled the thing end over end about 4 times in a row, had numerous collisions, a couple with cars going the opposite direction, took out about a dozen streetlights, hit an overpass column once, and several trees, finally I had to aim it at a gas station and bail for it to finally blow up. And even then it rolled out past the exploding gas station and down the hill quite a ways before exploding.

hailthefish on
  • Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Easy Wrecking Ball Achivement ->

Get Heavy Chopper, fly to ski resort, cable limo to chopper. PLOW THE FIELD!
    Good day sir!

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    As funny as wrecking balling your enemies is, accidentally doing it to yourself is almost funnier.
    But man, those planes explode easily

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Has anyone of you found the Vanderbilt Leisureliner ? I heard its spawning is bugged so that it might not ever spawn (you can still get the achievement for "all vehicles" since the Icecream Truck counts towards that)

I have 102 out of 104 (105) vehicles at this point.

078.png

Vanderbilt Leisureliner.

Proven Mortal on
    Proven+Mortal.png
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I have never seen that.

hatedinamerica on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I think planes automatically explode if you go over Lost Island

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    SUPERSUGASUPERSUGA Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I can't help but respect a game that has one-hit-kill snipers as enemies. They've gotten me a couple of times so far mostly through my own fault. Combined with the deadliness of shotguns it's definitely making combat tense for me.

SUPERSUGA on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I have never seen that.

me neither

Faction missions are so cool, BTW.

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010

DO NOT DESTROY THE OILRIGS AT ALL UNLESS YOU'VE DONE THE FACTION MISSION INVOLVING ONE.

You will break that mission not be able to progress past it. I think it's a Reaper mission so just blaze through them until you get the oilrig one done and then go crazy.

This oughta be in the OP because it can ruin the game for those trying to 100% it.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Big Isy wrote: »

DO NOT DESTROY THE OILRIGS AT ALL UNLESS YOU'VE DONE THE FACTION MISSION INVOLVING ONE.

You will break that mission not be able to progress past it. I think it's a Reaper mission so just blaze through them until you get the oilrig one done and then go crazy.

This oughta be in the OP because it can ruin the game for those trying to 100% it.

WHAT.

WHICH ONE!

I have destroyed 2 oilrigs (To about 50% completion) and destroyed one 100% already. Am I fucked?

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    There's a pair of them on the south-west edge of the map, if I remember right. One of those.

LeumasWhite on
    QPPHj1J.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Its not the most southern one I know that much. I wish I could check it out but the fucking 360 is dead so no luck.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I blew one up in the middle of the map.

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yeah the one I'm referring to is on the western side of the map, no where near the centre.

here's the bst map I could find. Look toward the west, there's two perfect little dots. West of the Desert area, above two small islands. I believe the mission specific oil rig is the northern one.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    SUPERSUGA wrote: »
    I can't help but respect a game that has one-hit-kill snipers as enemies. They've gotten me a couple of times so far mostly through my own fault. Combined with the deadliness of shotguns it's definitely making combat tense for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RagRUPH8YAk&feature=related

sometimes, you gotta just give a guy credit for nailing a rapidly-approaching hispanic terminator right in the head

what a shot

Nuzak on
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    hispanic terminator

That's a combo I'd thought I'd never see.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    hispanic terminator

That's a combo I'd thought I'd never see.

I prefer "Batshit-Insane, Latin-American Spider-Man", myself.

yalborap on