We're going to be adding some advertisements to the forums! If you notice any weirdness around this or spot bad/inappropriate ads, please make a thread in the bugs forum.
PA Forums Code Update - 4/4/2010
I pushed out a database update tonight with that should improve the quality of the forums. This won't solve all of our problems, but it is a nice band-aid.
If you see any of the following, let me know:
- Problems deleting / creating posts
- Problems updating user profile information
- Problems logging in? Shoot an email to [email protected]
Here is the technical details of what changed:
- Doubled the size of the table cache - vB makes a lot of temporary tables
- Increased max number of connections - to keep things smooth while searches are running
- Changed the priority of UPDATE vs SELECT statements (low_priority_updates = 1)
- Changed the way rows are inserted into MyISAM tables (concurrent_insert = 2)
The last two are aimed at reducing the number of write locks required, which should improve the speed of things and hopefully reduce the number of database outages.