As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Prime 2010 forum badges

• Options
    ZeraphaelZeraphael PDXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    My vote's for # 1.

New to the forums and PAX, hopefully this will be entertaining and fruitful.

Zeraphael on
    fs_f4aaa2c905a534c3966d53bf5d2639c9.png
  • Options
    SkimblecatSkimblecat Victoria BCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    kropotkin wrote: »
    MyDcmbr wrote: »

Well, just in case then....

Hello good sir kropotkin, I would like to have my name on the back of the badge, please and thank you."

:mrgreen:

Well for being so revoltingly obsequious, you will have to answer ALL 10 QUESTIONS in order to get a badge. Whilst being held updside down. In a tub full of lard. Covered in tar. And feathers. And on fire.

Hmmm, as I am a vegetarian, could I perhaps substitute the lard for a vegetable oil?

Skimblecat on
    Enforcer
    PAX Prime Security Team Lead
    PAX Dev Security Manager
  • Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Zeraphael wrote: »
    My vote's for # 1.

New to the forums and PAX, hopefully this will be entertaining and fruitful.

Yes it will be.... there's no avoiding it ;)

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    NillyNilly Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I like 1 and 5 btw, this will be my second year, and I would love to have my handle on the back of the badge purty please with chocolate, and cherries and upside down people dipped in tarry fiery lard?

Nilly on
    Talga Vassternich -- Deserve Victory
    Wizard's 8th Rule
    Naked Empire
    Terry Goodkind
  • Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    #1 or #5... and why isn't the MMT a possible answer? Will I be shunned if I answer MMT, or will I just have to do the lard thing

cause I really don't want to have to do the lard thing D:

cabsy on
  • Options
    ValasharValashar Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Mine goes with #4 or #5. I really like the swirly. I want a swirly on my second forum badge. ^_^

Valashar on
  • Options
    burnttoast45burnttoast45 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Lard is fun when surrounded by your closest friends or just amused forum members. Think of it as a privileged. :)

burnttoast45 on
  • Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I've now sent badge version No. 1 to Robert Khoo for his review. He needs to give it the nod as the PAX logo is so prominent on it, the venue's official security staff may get very confused. I however cannot make that judgement alone, hence me deferring to Mr Khoo.

I shall await his reply and report back here with his verdict.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I've now sent badge version No. 1 to Robert Khoo for his review. He needs to give it the nod as the PAX logo is so prominent on it, the venue's official security staff may get very confused. I however cannot make that judgement alone, hence me deferring to Mr Khoo.

That is an interesting point. Obviously, the Greencoats in Seattle are intelligent and very discerning folks when it comes to badges, so I doubt they'd be confused, but I didn't get to sport one of these in East (again, I forgot and they weren't there by Friday morning, sry!). Did the security guards at the Hynes take second looks at these or anything like that?

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    dyaballikl wrote: »

That is an interesting point. Obviously, the Greencoats in Seattle are intelligent and very discerning folks when it comes to badges, so I doubt they'd be confused, but I didn't get to sport one of these in East (again, I forgot and they weren't there by Friday morning, sry!). Did the security guards at the Hynes take second looks at these or anything like that?

At Prime 2009, people had all sorts of badges and pins and stickers around their neck. Security had no problem sorting them out...

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I had the forums badge, two intel buttons, a monkey island button, and my PAX badge hanging from my lanyard. My lanyard was also covered in buttoneer buttons. I was also wearing an additional two or three lanyards filled with just buttons.

I just made sure the pax badge was up front and most prominent.

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • Options
    LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    dyaballikl wrote: »

Convention security at the hynes was pretty much nonexistent...

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    AlphonsisAlphonsis Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, I wouldn't worry about security getting confused. I had friends wearing their badges on their arms since their lanyards were full of other stuff and they never got stopped. I personally wore mine on my hip since I had intel buttons on my lanyard. ^_^

Alphonsis on
    vhkbviT.png
  • Options
    feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So, as a PAX virgin, can someone tell me what I should do arr-ee my pass and stuff when I'm there?

feitocomfruta on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I just got the word from Mr Khoo, we can indeed use version 1 of the badge! HURRAH! I'll be organising printing very soon and asking event organisers on how many they need. It feels like PAX Prime is getting closer and closer. Must be that time moving forward thing.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    edited April 2010
    So, as a PAX virgin, can someone tell me what I should do arr-ee my pass and stuff when I'm there?

This thread is about unofficial forum member badges, not passess to the show itself. If you read the OP, you'd know that :mrgreen:

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    edited April 2010
    I just got the word from Mr Khoo, we can indeed use version 1 of the badge! HURRAH! I'll be organising printing very soon and asking event organisers on how many they need. It feels like PAX Prime is getting closer and closer. Must be that time moving forward thing.
    yay! although, now I feel like I lost since I voted for #2. D:

Alphonsis on
    vhkbviT.png
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Alphonsis wrote: »
    yay! although, now I feel like I lost since I voted for #2. D:

In that case....

Yay I won! Right? Since I voted for #1.

:P

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    This is great news. I love version 1. Bad lens flare lol. Is the plan to give these out at the Pre-Pax dinner again?

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Cronus wrote: »
    *snip* Is the plan to give these out at the Pre-Pax dinner again?

Yes it is. As well as the WCTT and CST and any other appropriate events.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    YuritauYuritau CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    version 1 is my fave.

Yuritau on
  • Options
    feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010

This thread is about unofficial forum member badges, not passess to the show itself. If you read the OP, you'd know that :mrgreen:

You know what I mean.

What do I do with my pass as opposed to my forum badge?

Also, may I please have my name put on the back again?

feitocomfruta on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    What do I do with my pass as opposed to my forum badge?
    You will want to wear them both. Basically, you just write your name on the forum badge and it will clear the veil of anonymity, linking your face with your forum name for those of us who see you. It's good for establishing connections between forum members, since it's easier to become friends with someone in person than via text in a forum.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    ShervynShervyn Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Exciting...although I loved the swirling background of 5 (I know total minority).

Thanks for doing this again.

Shervyn on
    A man who could afford $50 had a pair of boots that'd still be keeping his feet dry in 10 yrs' time, while a poor man who could only afford cheap boots would have spent a $100 on boots in the same time and would still have wet feet. -Vimes
  • Options
    PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I am posting in the thread to actually get on the badge for once! Thanks for putting this together again.

PeasantDave on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Thanks for the positive feedback all. I'll be contacting the organisers of the unofficial PAX Social events so that I can sort out distribution with them.

As an aside, does anyone know if there is an official PAX 2010 logo? I need to use it for the ghost image behind the PAX text in the badge. It's very feint, but it does serve to differentiate it from the other badges from previous years.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    As an aside, does anyone know if there is an official PAX 2010 logo? I need to use it for the ghost image behind the PAX text in the badge. It's very feint, but it does serve to differentiate it from the other badges from previous years.

Moe usually uses one in the Info/FAQ thread, but there's just a generic PAX logo this time. I would ask him anyway.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    MasterHeliosMasterHelios Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Awesome, I'll sign up for one. Is it too late to get my name on there? I got one last year, but I've been a bit absent from the forums since then.

MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
  • Options
    Big GuyBig Guy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'd love to get my name on these as well if it's not too late. Just like MasterHelios, this is my first time back on the forums since last PAX but had the badge last year.

Big Guy on
    Survivor of PAX '06 (BALL!), PAX '07 (Don't be a Dick), PAX '08 (Bad Horse), PAX '09 (H1Nerd1), PAX '10
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Just to be clear on the names on the back, I have yet to even start collating these and won't be releasing the final list until beginning of August. After then the printing will start as well as distribution to various unofficial social event organisers. Once I've started collating names, I'll post them up so that people know if they're on there or not.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    tektek meh... WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Just to be clear on the names on the back, I have yet to even start collating these and won't be releasing the final list until beginning of August. After then the printing will start as well as distribution to various unofficial social event organisers. Once I've started collating names, I'll post them up so that people know if they're on there or not.

Thanks for the clarification, kropotkin.

tek on
  • Options
    MelesMelesMelesMeles Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    If I wanted to make a badge/tshirt for myself, and wanted to use the PAX logo, would that be allowed? This isn't for selling or giving to anyone else, just something for myself. Just wanted to see what the rules on using the logo were.

MelesMeles on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    MelesMeles wrote: »
    If I wanted to make a badge/tshirt for myself, and wanted to use the PAX logo, would that be allowed? This isn't for selling or giving to anyone else, just something for myself. Just wanted to see what the rules on using the logo were.

You need to talk to robert khoo about that.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    BigRed wrote: »

You need to talk to robert khoo about that.

Yeah, figured that was the case. Shall leave it be, as I fear the Khoo :P

MelesMeles on
  • Options
    WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I hear he eats babies.

Wormdundee on
  • Options
    MacCartneyMacCartney Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    :] Im glad these are coming back.. im not too active on the forums..

MacCartney on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Don't fear the Khoo! He's super nice and uber helpful. Oddly enough, he's yet to reject a request I've thrown at him.

Alphonsis on
    vhkbviT.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Alphonsis wrote: »

Don't fear the Khoo! He's super nice and uber helpful. Oddly enough, he's yet to reject a request I've thrown at him.

Heh, maybe I will, then. How do you usually contact him? My summoning robes and grimoire are at the dry cleaner after a nasty incident with Trogdor (those burninators can be quite vicious), so I shall need more conventional means. :P

MelesMeles on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    PM him on the forums here or email rkhoo@penny-arcade.com

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    JediknightkarlJediknightkarl Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I think last year i was the first to get a forum badge from Big red.

Jediknightkarl on
    damn...bit my tongue....i hate that.
This discussion has been closed.