As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Prime 2010 Info and FAQ Thread (ASK QUESTIONS HERE)

• Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I heard there was PAX game library there so that we didn't necessarily have to bring our games. Is there a list somewhere, and how does it work?

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    e_clipse_clips Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    the selection seems to grow every year. basically you find something you want to play and then check it out. its run by enforcers. you go in grab a game then go to the checkout table. they document what game you take and then hold on to your ID. when your done you come back and turn the game in. then they give you your ID back. over the years I've had a chance to play many many games I'd never played before and probably have checked out close to 30 games this way. even got a full game of twilight imperium going one year with 8 players. took all night and we had a blast. bought the game the next month ;) this year I will try dune out if its available. I've wanted to try that for the past 4 years and never seem to do it.

e_clips on
    Baron+Etori.png
  • Options
    jaberwockynmtjaberwockynmt PAX Info Booth Manager Renton, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Teletheus wrote: »
    contrefait wrote: »
    Lines for credit cards usually move slower though.
    Are there only certain lines that take credit cards for the special convention item(s)? If so, do the other lines take checks or just cash?
    At East10, the Merch Booth used the W system of queuing. I assume they will use it at Prime this year too. There isn't much risk in using a card because everyone using cards generally slows the line for ~everyone. They probably have more cashiers than credit card machines so when all of the credit card machines are blocking, the extra cashiers will ask for people that wish to pay cash and the person with cash closest to the front will get to skip to the front.

jaberwockynmt on
    --Jarrod "Jaberwocky" Lombardo, PAX Enforcer: Info Booth Manager.
    "We know that the moment we slip, it will be taken away... and so it is of the utmost importance to be worthy of it constantly."
    PAX will always be held on the best weekend for PAX. Sometimes that will be a bad weekend for you; I'm sorry.
  • Options
    MarySueMarySue Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh, yeah, baby, talk to me about queuing theory... No, I'm serious, this stuff gets my geek on like woah.

MarySue on
    Portland, Oregon, and sloe gin fizz. If that ain't love, then tell me what is.
    +++BRONYS BEFORE BROS!+++
  • Options
    TeletheusTeletheus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    At East10, the Merch Booth used the W system of queuing. I assume they will use it at Prime this year too. There isn't much risk in using a card because everyone using cards generally slows the line for ~everyone. They probably have more cashiers than credit card machines so when all of the credit card machines are blocking, the extra cashiers will ask for people that wish to pay cash and the person with cash closest to the front will get to skip to the front.

Wow. I've thought a little about this stuff before, but I never knew it had its own field of theory (or that its theories were known by these names). Great read.

Teletheus on
    PSN/XBL/Steam/Twitter: Teletheus
  • Options
    WhitewolfjmWhitewolfjm Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Just a quick and newbie question.

I am hoping to go to the keynote at Benaroya Hall and also get a band for the concert, so my question is this:

Since I have my 3-day pass, can I simply line up at Benaroya Hall, and not go to the main area, or do I need to go there first and then go to Benaroya Hall after?

It seems like, from what I can gather from the FAQ that I can just line up at Benaroya Hall straight away, but I wanted to confirm that just to be sure.

Thanks,
    Whitewolfjm

P.S. Benaroya Hall is where the keynote and open mic with Jerry and Mike is correct?

Whitewolfjm on
    3DS Friend Code: 0275-8881-6723
    3DS Friend Name: Whitewolfjm
    Pokemon Y In-game name: Superman
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Just a quick and newbie question.

I am hoping to go to the keynote at Benaroya Hall and also get a band for the concert, so my question is this:

Since I have my 3-day pass, can I simply line up at Benaroya Hall, and not go to the main area, or do I need to go there first and then go to Benaroya Hall after?

It seems like, from what I can gather from the FAQ that I can just line up at Benaroya Hall straight away, but I wanted to confirm that just to be sure.

Thanks,
    Whitewolfjm

P.S. Benaroya Hall is where the keynote and open mic with Jerry and Mike is correct?
    Yes, just line up at Benaroya early, hang around after to see Mike and Jerry. All with the wrist band you got from getting to the Benaroya early!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    dragon keeper xdragon keeper x Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    ok so the line to get into pax will be at Benaroya? then we get like 50,000+ people walking to the convention center?

dragon keeper x on
    Max sig size: 500x80px <3 Moe
    sig_dragonx.jpg
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    No, there will be a line in WSCC to enter PAX and a line at Benaroya for the keynote/Q+A/whatever else in main theater.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    whypick1 wrote: »
    No, there will be a line in WSCC to enter PAX and a line at Benaroya for the keynote/Q+A/whatever else in main theater.

ok and where is the line at now that the que room was taken over by the exhibitors?

dragon keeper x on
    sig_dragonx.jpg
  • Options
    TeletheusTeletheus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

ok and where is the line at now that the que room was taken over by the exhibitors?

I believe the new queue room was the main theatre last year.

Teletheus on
    PSN/XBL/Steam/Twitter: Teletheus
  • Options
    edited August 2010

wasnt that top floor?

dragon keeper x on
    sig_dragonx.jpg
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

wasnt that top floor?

...no

Queue room and main theater were next to each other last year on the 4th floor. Main theater moved to benaroya and queue room shifted over to where MT used to be.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah.

Top floor was satellite theaters, PC and Console freeplay rooms.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    the 4th floor is often thought of as the top floor because it is at the top of the main waterfall escalators at the entrance of the wscc. the queue room shared a moveable wall with the main theater last year, now the queue room will simply be on the other side of that wall.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    When do the queue room/main theater queues open? 6 am?

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2010
    8am

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited August 2010
    BigRed wrote: »

wasnt that top floor?

...no

Queue room and main theater were next to each other last year on the 4th floor. Main theater moved to benaroya and queue room shifted over to where MT used to be.

ya i meant that to be the 4th floor lol, forgot there was another floor LOL, thanks.

dragon keeper x on
    sig_dragonx.jpg
  • Options
    WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    8am

Does that go the same for BYOC? Cause of the 2 hours early thing, no time to line up?

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Options
    andsoitgoesandsoitgoes Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone can help.

I fired off an email to pax_questions@paxsite.com over a week ago now, and I have not received a response.

Here's the deal. I purchaed a one day badge for Saturday.

I have osteoarthritis of my left hip and this last flare up has been so bad I cannot attend.

I want to sell my ticket, but because I purchased it online, I do not have a physical ticket.

I don't know who else to contact and I need some help.

Please!

A contact name, phone number, etc. anything!

Thanks!!

andsoitgoes on
  • Options
    KrudlerKrudler Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm trying to organize a dinner with some former clanmates and their respective SO's. I've never been to Seattle and really don't know the area. Are there any good restaurants that take reservations in the area that people can recommend? I realize we're a week away and might be SOL but I felt like it'd be worth a shot to ask here.

Krudler on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    This thread has some good recommendations on places to eat.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    8am

Does that go the same for BYOC? Cause of the 2 hours early thing, no time to line up?

No, BYOC will be brought up at least at 7am to line up on the 6th floor.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    Cultural Geek GirlCultural Geek Girl Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I posted this in the changes to PAX thread, but then realized it might work better here.

It's been pointed out before that large bags will need to be checked at Benaroya. Do we know what constitutes a large bag? I'm most specifically curious about a normal sized, not-overstuffed messenger bag. I know a lot of PAXers carry them around and I'm trying to decide between my standard shoulderbag and something smaller.

Cultural Geek Girl on
    Buttoneer, Brigadeer, and Keeper of the Book of Wil Wheaton.
    Triwizard Drinking Tournament - '09 !Hufflepuff unofficial conscript, '10 !Gryffindor
    Nerd blog at culturalgeekgirl.com
  • Options
    jaberwockynmtjaberwockynmt PAX Info Booth Manager Renton, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    MarySue wrote: »
    Oh, yeah, baby, talk to me about queuing theory... No, I'm serious, this stuff gets my geek on like woah.
    I once lured a girl into bed with the Chinese proof of the Pythagorean Theorem. ;)
    Wow. I've thought a little about this stuff before, but I never knew it had its own field of theory (or that its theories were known by these names). Great read.
    I think Eric just made up "M system" and "W system" after McDonald's and Wendy's restaurants. I'm not sure what the Queuing Theory people formally call them.

jaberwockynmt on
    "We know that the moment we slip, it will be taken away... and so it is of the utmost importance to be worthy of it constantly."
    PAX will always be held on the best weekend for PAX. Sometimes that will be a bad weekend for you; I'm sorry.
  • Options
    HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I posted this in the changes to PAX thread, but then realized it might work better here.

It's been pointed out before that large bags will need to be checked at Benaroya. Do we know what constitutes a large bag? I'm most specifically curious about a normal sized, not-overstuffed messenger bag. I know a lot of PAXers carry them around and I'm trying to decide between my standard shoulderbag and something smaller.

Seconded!

I'm going to have a drawstring bag, and I didn't even consider that it wouldn't be allowed in Benaroya...

Heleor on
  • Options
    feyithfeyith Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    From the ad it's pretty apparent they are TOTALLY missing the point of the booth babe ban... ugh.

Found an even better one: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/evg/1922592129.html

Height and boob size requirements FTW! Oh, wait...

feyith on
  • Options
    Angel177Angel177 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    feyith wrote: »
    From the ad it's pretty apparent they are TOTALLY missing the point of the booth babe ban... ugh.

Found an even better one: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/evg/1922592129.html

Height and boob size requirements FTW! Oh, wait...

remind me to steer clear of that site...:?

Angel177 on
    6103544412_a48002080a.jpg
  • Options
    overlord20overlord20 Registered User new member
    edited August 2010
    The official word on whether or not DNF is still alive and gearbox has it, is supposed to be announced at PAX. Does anyone know what panel or event it will be at? I want to make sure I am there to capture it.

Intense Gaming TV

overlord20 on
  • Options
    GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    No.

Just no.

GeeCee on
  • Options
    HicksHicks Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I know Jon St John (The voice of Duke Nukem) is a guest on PAX Late Night - so who knows.

Hicks on
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    They usually give you your swag bag when you first get in, right? I did BYOC last year, so I missed how they do the normal check in. Since the keynote is at the other theater, I guess they would do it there as well. Anyone know?

Krathoon on
  • Options
    SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Krathoon wrote: »
    They usually give you your swag bag when you first get in, right? I did BYOC last year, so I missed how they do the normal check in. Since the keynote is at the other theater, I guess they would do it there as well. Anyone know?

Yes, you pick it up at the start of the line.

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    pillarofdawnpillarofdawn Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    so i want to get in line ass early friday so i can get a concert wristband! but seeing how there is two lines friday morning, will they be giving wristbands at both the que room and the line for the keynote? or just the keynote... i am confuse! plz halp!

this was kinda addressed earlier on the last page but it was kinda just a guys saying sure i think you can....anyone know for certain? i dont like to get fucked outta seeing the concerts

pillarofdawn on
    I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite thread on the forums.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    There will be a total of 2000 wristbands handed out on friday and saturday to the first 1000 people in each line. Lines open up at 8am. There is no line before this time, and it is likely people hanging out much earlier will be dispersed.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    pillarofdawnpillarofdawn Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    There will be a total of 2000 wristbands handed out on friday and saturday to the first 1000 people in each line. Lines open up at 8am. There is no line before this time, and it is likely people hanging out much earlier will be dispersed.

what if i do some miming? i mean mime fights obviously want to be avoided, so you probably wouldnt want the mime to be dispersed because he would get disorderly... lol

pillarofdawn on
    I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite thread on the forums.
  • Options
    polencepolence Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    btw, I'm curious if a seller sells his/her badge after orchestrating private bidding war over it, but they posted it to sell for face value, will that be ok?

polence on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    No. If you posted the pass for sale on this forum, you are obligated to sell it for face value, or subject to disciplinary action.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited August 2010
    Swag Bags:
    There will be bags at both Benaroya and Queue Room on Friday. It's possible that one place or the other may run out before Saturday morning; ask any Line Management or Info Booth Enforcer and we'll know or find out for you.

jaberwockynmt on
  • Options
    polencepolence Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    No. If you posted the pass for sale on this forum, you are obligated to sell it for face value, or subject to disciplinary action.

the identity of anyone who will report sellers like that will be confidential right?

polence on
This discussion has been closed.