As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DnD 4E PbP] The Gladiators! - Players Chosen!

ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
edited April 2010 in Critical Failures
Welcome Gladiators!

I am looking to start a new DnD 4E game using play by post and I need some players. I'm looking for around 5 players, but depending on the entries I may allow a few more. This is going to be a standard 4E campaign, and I'll allow anything from the 4E books. However, I only have the core 3, so if you're going to use something from the other books, please be prepared to link me to a description or type out the description so I know what you have. Characters can use either standard point buy for stats, or roll 4d6 and take the best three. Start characters at lvl 1 and 100 gold for equipment. Traveling gear (backpacks, bedrolls, etc) will be unnecessary.

Rolls we be done on Invisible Castle, and please link your rolls (even your stat rolls when submitting a character).
Characters will be kept on Myth Weavers.

This campaign is very combat heavy. You are gladiators competing against monsters of incredible strength and you do not see very many people to speak to. If you like to talk your way out of combat, or don't like the combat in 4E, you will probably not like this campaign. Also, as it is combat heavy, experience will be easy and you will find yourselves leveling up quickly. This is just a fun idea I have in my head and it will be interesting to play it through.

We will be playing by post, and I expect one post per week day. Weekends you are free to post if you wish, but I won't expect it of you. If it is your turn in combat and you miss posting by the time I get online the next morning (8:30 AM EST), I will consider your character readied and we will move on in the order. If the order moves quickly though, ie: you posted that morning, and combat has already gone through the order and it is your turn again, you have already met your post per day requirement and it will still be your turn the next day. If life circumstances require you to be away for an extended period of time (vacation, unexpected stuff, etc), please shoot me a PM and we will work around it.

The Story:

You wake up in chains and on a cold, damp stone floor. It is very dim with only a little light provided by the torches on the wall. You see there are others around you as well as a few corpses. A bent, old man approaches you. You see he is beaten, bruised, and has only a few teeth remaining and many scars across his face and arms. He walks with a limp from what was probably a broken leg that never healed properly.

Ahh, good, you are awake! Today is going to be a GREAT day you see. The king wants to see a fight, and a fight the king will see. I am Gulleam and I will help you prepare for the battle ahead of you. I hope you have some strength left after they beat you and brought you here, or else you won't please the king. And trust me, you will want to please the king. There is not much time, get up, get up! Let's get you in some armor and a sword in your hand. Once the doors open, you will not return until the creature is slain. If you can slay it, that is... hehehehe

He laughs and snorts as he glances over to the corpses in the room. He unlocks your chains and offers a hand to pull you to your feet. Despite appearing bent and broken, your weight does not make him falter as he pulls you up. You feel there is a lot of strength hidden in his frame.

Let's go, pick what you want and prepare, Gladiator!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
ArcSyn on

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I am interested in this. I'll have a character up tonight late tonight.

Edit: a Warlord of some sort.

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    SakutianSakutian Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm interested in this, seems like it could be a really fun idea. I am curious about something though. Are we allowed to use races from the Monster Manuals? I'd be willing to post the crunch if so since you've already said you only have the core 3 books. It seems like it might be really fun and work to play something less civilized for this one.

Sakutian on
    My Games

Dresden Files RPG- Dumb Luck

Playing Phillip Hess in Motor City Blues

GM of M&M "And Justice For All."
    GM of Dresden Files Low Life
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Into the Unknown
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Lost Hope- Concluded
    GM of Star Wars Sagas the Dark Times- Concluded.
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Jabba's Palace- Concluded due to injury.
    Bart Allen/ The Flash in M&M Metropolis- Concluded.
    Koyi Disturbances in the Force- Concluded.
    Jessup Owlbeard Forge of the Dawn Titan- Withdrawn due to injury.
    Sal Mander In the Shadow of Zeus- Concluded.
    Zevoto in Out in the Black- Withdrawn due to injury.
    GM of Wyvern Watch
    Berru Secune in Rise of the Jedi
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Sakutian wrote: »
    I'm interested in this, seems like it could be a really fun idea. I am curious about something though. Are we allowed to use races from the Monster Manuals? I'd be willing to post the crunch if so since you've already said you only have the core 3 books. It seems like it might be really fun and work to play something less civilized for this one.

That's fine with me. So long as the race isn't predisposed to kill the party and would have no objections to killing its own race. :)

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    That's fine with me. So long as the race isn't predisposed to kill the party and would have no objections to killing its own race. :)

I can promise he won't party kill. He might threaten to but that's as far as it'd go. Also he would have no qualms whatsoever abut killing members of his own race. Time to get to work on my Hobgoblin Barbarian.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    What level are you starting?

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Introducing Zsam Stonestealer the Hobgoblin Barbarian. I just made him assuming we were starting at level 1 with the basic 100 gold to buy some equipment. Also I decided to roll stats for him on invisible castle. I always like rolling stats when the option is offered. Here's the link:
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2471502/

Background
    A hobgoblin born within the darkest depths of caverns which had hidden his tribe since they had been forced underground hundreds of years ago Zsam was marked as a warrior from the start. His ferocity, strength, and determination as a child caused many of the injuries of the other children he played with. As his childhood fled the drums of war began to echo through the corridors of his home. Men came among the goblins. The elders said that the men had been sent by Bane and they were to serve them in a great war against the Elves. Zsam hated the men almost as much as he hated being held far underground, he marched with his thousand kin into the light of day and onward to the forest that hid the hated elves. In battle the men used the goblins and hobgoblins as fodder and little. His tribe brothers were filled with arrows fired from bows they never saw, or hacked to bits by swords that fell with so much as the scrape of metal on a scabbard. Zsam thrived though. The marching and fighting made him ever stronger and he unleashed his fury on the Elves quite happily. More than once he was discovered half dead with a dozen or more crushed bodies circling him.

The men allowed him to command small bands of goblins and lead them on raids against the Elves. Zsam had no interest in leading though. He charged when he saw enemies and did not stop fighting until they were dead. When a human slighted him in their camp Zsam gutted the man and a terrific battle broke out. It took twenty men to put the hobgoblin down finally but they managed it. He faded in and out of his mind for days afterwards but he did gather from bits of conversation that he had been sold as a slave to a king.

Personality/Mannerisms
    Tall, well muscled, dark green skinned, and wearing polished hide armor Zsam is an intimidating specimen of his species. His skin is covered in dozens of scars.

As a child Zsam fell into an underwater stream, he'd never learned to swim and as a result nearly drowned. It was only luck that saved him. Ever since he has feared he water water and nothing else.

Zsam hates elves.

Sheet
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=198643

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yes, sorry, should have specified that. Starting level 1, use the standard starting gold for equipment.

Traveling gear (backpacks, bedrolls, etc) will be unnecessary.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Forgot to include the racial info for Hobgoblins from the Monster Manual before. Sorry about that.

Hobgoblin
    Ability Scores: +2 Constitution, +2 Charisma
    Languages: Common, Goblin
    Skills Bonuses: +2 Athletics, +2 History
    Battle Ready: You gain a +2 bonus to initiative checks.
    Hobgoblin Resilience: You can use Hobgoblin Resilience as an encounter power.

Hobgoblin Resilience
    Encounter
    Immediate Reaction Personal
    Trigger: You suffer an effect that a save can end.
    Effect: You make a saving throw against the effect.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Introducing Zsam Stonestealer the Hobgoblin Barbarian. I just made him assuming we were starting at level 1 with the basic 100 gold to buy some equipment. Also I decided to roll stats for him on invisible castle. I always like rolling stats when the option is offered. Here's the link:

Normal point buy: 22 points
    Your rolled stats point buy: 68 points

I'd say you made out like a bandit there 8-)

Rius on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Rius wrote: »

I try.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    :) It's part of the fun of 4d6 - lowest. I once rolled stats and got 3 1s and a 2. Ouch.

edit: Rius, are you counting the total? I'm not getting 68 points.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    :) It's part of the fun of 4d6 - lowest. I once rolled stats and got 3 1s and a 2. Ouch.

Ow. Did you retire those dice?

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Rius wrote: »

Yup, rolling stats is crazy, just got this: http://4e.orokos.com/roll/16015 (18 18 17 14 14 13)

Which made me wonder if Orokos is an acceptable substitute for at least the character sheet and maybe the roller as well? It makes more sense to have all the rolls in one place, but Orokos is a much better and easier to use system for anyone with the character builder. Example of an orokos sheet.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

edit: Rius, are you counting the total? I'm not getting 68 points.

22 Point Buy starts you off with a 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 08 and then upgrades cost the following;

8->9; 1 point
    8->10; 2 points
    10->11; 1 point
    10->12; 2 points
    10->13; 3 points
    10->14; 5 points
    10->15; 7 points
    10->16; 9 points
    10->17; 12 points
    10->18; 16 points
    10->19; 21 points (presumably)
    10->20; 27 points (presumably)

Rius on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I would have retired the dice if had more to use. At the time I only had 4d6. :(
    They have served me well since though.

I didn't even know Orokos existed, and it doesn't really matter to me. If you have a preference for another site, so long as you can link results and I can see them, it doesn't really matter where it links to. I'm not going to be a stickler about it.

Thanks Rius, I just realized I was looking at my Pathfinder (3.5+) cheat sheet and not my 4E.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ok sounds good. Orokos is run by Infidel who posts here and it's really fantastic. You just have to click on a power and it does the rolls for you. It's super swank.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    How about Assassins? They're DDI only (not in printed books).

dresdenphile on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    How about Assassins? They're DDI only (not in printed books).

So long as you don't mind screen shotting or typing out descriptions of powers for me, so I can know what you have available to you, no problem.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    This would be interesting to try, especially with a chance to use the monstrous races. I haven't played PbP before, but I have done some 4e off and on. I'll post a char in a bit.

Phyphor on
  • Options
    QuidamQuidam Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hi, I would like to join. I am building a Human Psion [telepathic focus] atm. I will type out/ss the relevant parts if you need me to.

I should have my char ready shortly. I am using the D&DI char builder.

Quidam on
    Current Character: Arnell Dredger, Human Psion
    Current Campaign: The Gladiators T1
  • Options
    MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Here's my charcter sheet for Canderus, a Minotaur Rageblood Barbarian.

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    dresdenphile on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    QuidamQuidam Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Alrighty, got him ready.

Meet Arnell Dredger, Telepathic Human Psion: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=198760
    Stats made with a 22 point buy

Personality
    Arnell is warm-hearted and cheerful. His outgoing nature belies his lingering doubts about the true motives for people's actions. Abandoned as a child, Arnell has had to forge his way through the world on his own.

Description
    Arnell looks like most humans - around six feet tall and 190 pounds. Having had to work on farms and around his small hometown to survive, he has built up an average frame. His eyes are green/grey with short-cropped cut dirty blonde hair bleached by the sun. He has a squarish face with a prominent nose and large ears.

Background
    Arnell grew up in a small farming village of Soliel, a town mostly populated by humans & halflings. Abandoned by his parents as a child, Arnell has worked on local farms and in the small village for as long as he can remember. As a child, he first thought he had extraordinarily good luck, always able to distract village elders from catching his mischievous acts. As Arnell grew older and he began to learn more of the gods, he favored Ioun for the blessing of intelligence She surely granted him. Arnell frequently spends time alone in the nearby forests, honing the strange mental powers that continue to manifest, though ever careful to keep them hidden from his fellow villagers.

On just one of those days, Arnell found himself in the forest when a large group of armed men came through. Having little fighting experience, Arnell was quickly subdued and taken away. However, during the trip Arnell dreamed - a perfect dream showing where he was going and what he was now capable of. He sparred mentally with his dream form and waited for his physical body to awaken.

Quidam on
    Current Character: Arnell Dredger, Human Psion
    Current Campaign: The Gladiators T1
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Gorgrod, the Two-Handed Orc Ranger

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=198761

I rolled stats for him (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/16022), total + isn't too high due to a -1 and -2 but if you think it's too high I can adjust them.

Background
    Gorgrod grew up in the deep wilds. Unlike many orc children, he managed to survive his childhood without any major injuries and earned a place as a warrior within his tribe, raiding the few towns in the area. Unusually quick and strong and with a keen eye for battle, he quickly rose in importance and started to go on raids more frequently, eventually leading them. His first non-orc kill was a dwarf; as he stood over the dwarf's lifeless body he picked up his foe's warhammer and since that day has always favored blunt weapons. Most orcs prefer axes, but he enjoys the satisfying crunch of a well-placed hammer strike breaking bones.

Like most orcs he worships Gruumsh and and hates elves of all kinds, however Gorgrod hates elves more than most. He was leading a raid on an elven encampment, a small group of elves travelling through the wilds, or so it looked like. He launched the attack like any good orc would - they all charged. Most, when faced with a dozen charging orcs would turn and flee but these elves stood their ground. As the orcs charged the camp, two dozen elves appeared from the trees, surrounding them and peppering them with arrows. Gorgrod crushed the skull of the first elf he met but was suddenly unable to move. Held helpless by the spells of the group of wizards he had attacked, the rest of his raiding party was quickly slaughtered. Furious that he had both lost to an elf, an ELF, and had been denied a death in battle he swore to hunt down and kill as many as he could. Ever since he has always tried to be wary of such trickery.

The elves recognized the symbols of a raid leader on his armor and opted not to kill him, instead selling him as a slave; captured orc warriors that aren't at least half-dead are exceedingly rare after all. He ended up in the prisons of a king who wanted to see some live fighting with all the comforts of home. Overhearing the guards talking about the upcoming fights with the prisoners, Gorgrod hopes he will get a chance to join in the fun.

It has been far too long since he last swung a hammer. And he might get to kill some elves too.

Appearance / Mannerisms
    Gorgrod is somewhat shorter than a normal orc but is no less intimidating for it. He has short black hair and the usual green skin of an orc. Callouses and signs of old and fresh injuries show all over his body. He carries a warhammer in each hand and looks like he wants to use them. He wears hide armor cured from some unknown species and several skulls as trophies.

He hates elves with a passion most orcs cannot match. He loves nothing more than to fight and to kill and will willingly kill anyone who gets in his way. He is not particularly smart but is fairly observant.

Are multiple submissions ok? There seems to be a surplus of strikers

Phyphor on
  • Options
    fogrobfogrob Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Just saw this thread and would really like to jump in! If so, I can have something rolled up by tomorrow evening. I was thinking some sort of snotty Eladrin...Forgot to add this will only be my second time playing. Just a heads up in case that's an issue.

fogrob on
    My PA 40k League list can be found here.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'll look over all the submissions probably on Saturday, so you have time to get your character in.
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Are multiple submissions ok? There seems to be a surplus of strikers

That's fine if you want to roll up a different role, just let me know which is your preferred.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    WaikWaik Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    This game lokks quite interesting so here is my submission.

Here is the character i got so far :

Thonan Redwood, Human cleric of Kord

Background :
    Thonan started his journey to become a cleric of kord at his village's temple. He quickly learned the basics and set out on his own. On his first big adventure he got taken captive by a group of bandits that were raiding trading caravans. Most of his party survived and managed to retreat but Thonan wasn't so lucky. The bandits kept him as a slave and eventualy sold him to a gladiator master. Thonan saw this as a sign from Kord to prove himself in the arena. He believes that if he shows that he can overcome his foes he will eventualy be set free.

Sheet : http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=198819

It's the first time I'm trying out for a PbP and that I'm using MythWeavers. I hope I made the sheet corectly. If there are any mistakes I'll correct them.

Waik on
  • Options
    FelixSomethingSomethingFelixSomethingSomething Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hmm, as this is mainly combat, are evil/chaotic evil characters okay? I've always been curious about the crazier gods.

FelixSomethingSomething on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Rubjo: Goblin Warlord

Orokos Character Sheet (22 Point Buy):
    http://4e.orokos.com/sheets/1760

Summary from Character Builder:
    ====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
    Rubjo, level 1
    Goblin, Warlord
    Build: Bravura Warlord
    Commanding Presence: Bravura Presence

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 16, Con 13, Dex 12, Int 14, Wis 8, Cha 16.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    Str 16, Con 13, Dex 10, Int 14, Wis 8, Cha 14.

AC: 18 Fort: 14 Reflex: 14 Will: 14
    HP: 25 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
    Intimidate +8, Endurance +6, Heal +4, Athletics +8

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics +1, Arcana +2, Bluff +3, Diplomacy +3, Dungeoneering -1, History +2, Insight -1, Nature -1, Perception -1, Religion +2, Stealth +3, Streetwise +3, Thievery +3

FEATS
    Level 1: Armor Proficiency (Scale)

POWERS
    Warlord at-will 1: Commander's Strike
    Warlord at-will 1: Wolf Pack Tactics
    Warlord encounter 1: Warlord's Favor
    Warlord daily 1: Lead the Attack

ITEMS
    Light Shield, Scimitar, Scale Armor
    ====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

Background:
    Rubjo was a member of a bandit gang of goblins. He was the gobbo in charge of organizing and planning the raids. Victims were surprised by Rubjo's bandits' complicated and daring tactics, relative to what they have heard about other goblin raids.

His most recent raid wasn't so successful, judging by his situation.

Picture:
    rubjo.jpg

I am not in any PbP game, and can certainly post once per day. Let me know if goblins are off limits, he doesn't particularly have any trouble killing other goblins. He might have a little trouble killing members from his raiding party, but at the end of the day, he's still a goblin, so he'll ditch his values to survive. Definitely won't be team killing.

Edit: Also let me know if warlords are too unwieldy for pbp format. I have a kobold fighter i can post instead (might post him anyways).

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
  • Options
    fogrobfogrob Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Here's the link for Erevan, my Eldarin War Wizard. I'll have his background and description up by Saturday.
    http://4e.orokos.com/sheets/1762

fogrob on
    My PA 40k League list can be found here.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Some great submissions!
    Hmm, as this is mainly combat, are evil/chaotic evil characters okay? I've always been curious about the crazier gods.

They are fine. :) Crazy gods are welcome in the arena!

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Iskar Jarak. Revenant(Goliath) Warden. Rolled stats :http://invisiblecastle.com/stats/view/23790/.

Revenant
    Ability Scores: +2 Con, +2 Dex
    Size: Medium
    Speed: 6
    Low-light vision
    Dark Reaping: You can use Dark Reaping* as an encounter power
    Past Life: Select a race other than Revenant. You count as that race for feats and stuff.
    Undead: You count for undead and living.
    Unnatural Vitality: Whenever you are reduced to 0 or fewer hit points, you can chose to remain conscious until you attempt your first death save throw. You only get one standard action before you attempt your death save throw.

*Dark Reaping: Encounter: Trigger: A creature within 5 squares of you is reduced to 0 or fewer hitpoints.
    Effect: One attack before EOYNT deals an extra 1d8+con Necrotic.

Background:
    Iskar doesn't remember much before waking up in the cell, and of that little he does remember, only one part pertains to his past life. The death of his wife. He doesn't know why he was brought back, he only hopes that if he sends the Raven Queen enough souls, she might let him go back to the after-life. Whatever that might be.

Appearance:
    A staggeringly tall if emaciated figure, Iskar strikes fear into the mortals around. The very image of the reaper, he is swathed in a ragged cloak, showing through to the heavy hide armor he wears. Little of his skin shows, and the skin you can see is covered in intricate tattoo's of raven feathers. Across his back is chained a tombstone, cracked and old. The chains are covered in crow feather and bone fetishes. His face is tattooed to resemble a ravens, with gold eyes and red pupils.

Mannerisms:
    Iskar is a silent and taciturn man, until roused to battle. Once the fighting starts, its as if his constant silence is just the gathering of the storm. With heavy hammer and solid shield he drives for the enemy, instinctively covering his "allies."

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'm curious as to what sort of things we're going to be fighting. This is a king after all. Surely he can afford some worthy foes to pit against his gladiators.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Flumphs. Room after room of flumphs. Half-vampire gelatinous flumph necromancer/barbarians.

dresdenphile on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    That's scary.

I was thinking poodles. Really mean poodles.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Lol, I'll have to work in some flumphs just because of that.. :)

Well, it's a fighting arena, and I'm sure generally there will just be whatever the soldiers of the king have been able to capture/buy up to that point. Plus, he'll want an entertaining fight, so I doubt you'd be facing up to a lvl 30 red dragon as soon as you step out into the arena.

But depending on how well you fight, and how entertaining you are to watch, the king will start to put some good foes into the arena to test your mettle.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hilariously enough, they actually statted them in out in the April Fool's delve from last year:
    Flumph Headstabbers (F) Level 2 Skirmisher
    Small natural magical beast
    XP 125 each

Initiative +6 Senses Perception +1; darkvision
    HP 38; Bloodied 19
    AC 16; Fortitude 14, Reflex 15, Will 12

Speed 1 (clumsy), fly 6 (altitude limit 2)

Spike (standard; at-will) • Acid
    +7 vs. AC; 1d6 damage, and ongoing 5 acid damage (save ends).

Flight of the Flumph (standard; at-will)
    The flumph headstabber flies its speed and makes a spike attack during the move. The flumph eadstabber does not provoke opportunity attacks while moving away from the target of this attack.

Stink Squirt (standard; recharges when first bloodied)
    Ranged 5; +5 vs. Reflex; the target is pushed 5 squares and smells horrible (save ends). While the target smells horrible, any ally that starts its turn within 1 square of the target is weakened until the start of his or her next turn.

Prone Powerlessness
    If the flumph headstabber is knocked prone, it becomes helpless and can’t stand up or fly (save ends all).

Alignment Unaligned Languages Common (its vocabulary is severely limited)
    Str 7 (–1) Dex 17 (+4) Wis 11 (+1)
    Con 14 (+3) Int 10 (+1) Cha 8 (+0)

dresdenphile on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hilariously enough, they actually statted them in out in the April Fool's delve from last year:
    Flumph Headstabbers (F) Level 2 Skirmisher
    Small natural magical beast
    XP 125 each

Initiative +6 Senses Perception +1; darkvision
    HP 38; Bloodied 19
    AC 16; Fortitude 14, Reflex 15, Will 12

Speed 1 (clumsy), fly 6 (altitude limit 2)

Spike (standard; at-will) • Acid
    +7 vs. AC; 1d6 damage, and ongoing 5 acid damage (save ends).

Flight of the Flumph (standard; at-will)
    The flumph headstabber flies its speed and makes a spike attack during the move. The flumph eadstabber does not provoke opportunity attacks while moving away from the target of this attack.

Stink Squirt (standard; recharges when first bloodied)
    Ranged 5; +5 vs. Reflex; the target is pushed 5 squares and smells horrible (save ends). While the target smells horrible, any ally that starts its turn within 1 square of the target is weakened until the start of his or her next turn.

Prone Powerlessness
    If the flumph headstabber is knocked prone, it becomes helpless and can’t stand up or fly (save ends all).

Alignment Unaligned Languages Common (its vocabulary is severely limited)
    Str 7 (–1) Dex 17 (+4) Wis 11 (+1)
    Con 14 (+3) Int 10 (+1) Cha 8 (+0)

Awesome. I'm saving that for later. :)

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Flumph Escort Quest!

Edit: I just referenced the character builder to see if flumph was a possible beast companion for the ranger. It isn't :( .

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hmm, tempting. Will submit a character later.

tzeentchling on