Options

[DnD 4E PbP] The Gladiators! - Players Chosen!

2»

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Alright, I present Dakketh Mulbari, Githzerai Monk:

Picture:
    Gith_450.jpg
    Background:
    Dakketh Mulbari was a member of the Hidden Storm temple, a monk school in the Astral Sea. Raised from birth, he was taught of the superiority of mental and physical perfection, the ultimate goal of which is to turn oneself into both weapon and wielder. Once he became competent in the Hidden Storm' teachings, Dakketh joined a war band to further test his skills. His time in the band did not last long - their first battle was against a githyanki pirate crew, a battle which did not go well. His band was killed and Dakketh himself captured. Dakketh was sold into gladiatorial slavery - ironically, Dakketh is not bitter for this presents him with a perfect way of testing his skills against worthy foes.
    Personality:
    Dakketh is calm and meditative, not saying much except when important. He is keenly observant, and one always feels like they are being sized-up when in his presence. His respect is not easily earned, but once it is it will rarely be broken. In combat, Dakketh is a blur of motion, striking with quick, sharp open-hand blows, picking at key weaknesses and pressure points before dodging away from retaliation.
    Character Sheet:
    ====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
    Dakketh Mulbari, level 1
    Githzerai, Monk
    Build: Centered Breath Monk
    Monastic Tradition: Centered Breath
    Background: Githzerai - War Band Survivor (+2 to Perception)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 11, Con 13, Dex 18, Int 10, Wis 18, Cha 8.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    Str 11, Con 13, Dex 16, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 8.

AC: 16 Fort: 13 Reflex: 15 Will: 15
    HP: 25 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
    Heal +9, Stealth +9, Acrobatics +11, Perception +11

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Arcana, Bluff -1, Diplomacy -1, Dungeoneering +4, Endurance +1, History, Insight +4, Intimidate -1, Nature +4, Religion, Streetwise -1, Thievery +4, Athletics +2

FEATS
    Level 1: Implement Expertise (Ki Focuses)

POWERS
    Monk at-will 1: Five Storms
    Monk at-will 1: Crane's Wings
    Monk encounter 1: Drunken Monkey
    Monk daily 1: Masterful Spiral

ITEMS
    Monk Unarmed Strike, Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing), Ki Focus, Potion of Healing (heroic tier)
    ====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

If you want any particulars on the Monk, I'll give you what I can.

tzeentchling on
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Baelin Steelhand, Dwarf Invoker

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=199075

Stats roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2473560/ (somehow I managed to lose my orokos password already!)

Appearance / Mannerisms
    Baelin is an average sized, slightly overweight dwarf. He wears a chain shirt and carries a staff as tall as he is.

He has the look of someone who is not afraid of death, though he does not seek it. As a servant of the Raven Queen he recognizes that death is not evil, simply the end. Like most dwarves, Baelin is very loyal to those he considers friends and an implacable foe to his enemies.

Background
    Baelin lived an uneventful life until very recently. He was a loner as a child (early life - isolated background), always more interested in books than physical activity. He was a scholar and, while not particularly religous, studied the gods extensively. After years of research he began to feel an affinity for the Raven Queen and decided to become her servant using a ritual he had discovered in an ancient tome. One year ago, Baelin completed the ritual and offered his service to the Raven Queen. Perhaps she was amused at the sight of a dwarf offering his services, perhaps she has a greater plan, but for whatever reason, she granted him a small fragment of her power to use and commanded him to see that the world proceeds according to her wishes.

After running out of money on his latest journey, Baelin was forced to steal supplies as he went in order to survive. Unfortunately Baelin is an extremely clumsy dwarf and couldn't sneak past the dead if he tried. He was eventually caught and thrown into the local prison two months ago. Hearing the guards talking about uncoming fights for the king, Baelin wonders if he could arrange to be set free if he fights, he cannot serve the Raven Queen in prison and she has plans in motion.

I'll make this my main entry, there's a ton of pure strikers already and invokers can be lots of fun.

I'll put character pics up in a little while.

Phyphor on
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Odunn, Human Seeker

Background
    Odunn was born in the forest, his parents being nature-loving, Melora-worshipping hippies. They lived in an isolated cabin in the woods several days journey from the village of Glenview, foraging and hunting for their food. While Odunn would occasionally venture into the village with his parents when they went to trade, the village and the villagefolk remained but a point of interest to him, and the forest remained the only home he could conceive of having. So time passed, until Odunn was the only remaining inhabitant of that log cabin out in the woods, and in his age, he began feeling the same connection to Melora that his parents had preached to him, one he had never felt. The forest became ever more vibrant, the wilderness even more welcoming, but still, Odunn found himself making more frequent trips into the village, if only to silently enjoy the company of other humans.

One day however, by a river far from his cabin, Odunn was accosted by men armed with swords, armor and shields emblazoned with the crest of a horse. He was trespassing, said they, in the lands of Lord Farquaad, and furthermore, he was a poacher, a thief, and a despoiler of nature. He was arrested on the spot, thrown away in a stone cell, until...

Personality/Appearance
    Odunn is a tall, lean man, with wildly unkempt brown hair. The leathers he wore are worn and tattered, partially due to their age but moreso due to his recent treatment. His dark eyes are cold and dull; he languishes in his captivity, trapped within cold, dark walls.

Odunn is the silent type, never having quite mastered the skill of small talk. He sees the world mostly in terms of need and response, with little understanding of power or ambition. He is not emotionless, though his emotions are not usually apparent, having never had the need to express them to strangers.

hippofant on
  • Options
    fogrobfogrob Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Here's the background stuff for Everan

Background:
    Everan was born into a long line of wizardry. From a very young age he and everyone else knew he had "the gift". After a hundred years of enjoying all the attention that brought, Everan decided to see what lied beyond the beauty of his home.

fogrob on
    My PA 40k League list can be found here.
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    EDIT: Dammit tzeentch!

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    SakutianSakutian Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Just out of curiosity how long is the recruitment window on this going to be?

Sakutian on
    My Games

Dresden Files RPG- Dumb Luck

Playing Phillip Hess in Motor City Blues

GM of M&M "And Justice For All."
    GM of Dresden Files Low Life
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Into the Unknown
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Lost Hope- Concluded
    GM of Star Wars Sagas the Dark Times- Concluded.
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Jabba's Palace- Concluded due to injury.
    Bart Allen/ The Flash in M&M Metropolis- Concluded.
    Koyi Disturbances in the Force- Concluded.
    Jessup Owlbeard Forge of the Dawn Titan- Withdrawn due to injury.
    Sal Mander In the Shadow of Zeus- Concluded.
    Zevoto in Out in the Black- Withdrawn due to injury.
    GM of Wyvern Watch
    Berru Secune in Rise of the Jedi
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm going to review the characters today/tonight and will probably post Sunday night/Monday morning which characters are in.

If a character gets in before then, I'll check it out.

edit: For those curious, here are the current characters submitted per role: (If I missed one please let me know, I just did a quick browse of the thread)

Controller:
    Quidam - Human Psion
    Fogrob - Eladrin Wizard
    Phyphor - Dwarf Invoker
    Hippofant - Human Seeker

Defender:
    Brody - Goliath Warden
    Quidam - Shifter Paladin

Leader:
    Waik - Human Cleric
    Zombie Hero - Goblin Warlord

Striker:
    Sakutian - Hobgoblin Barbarian
    Mundane Soul - Minotaur Barbarian
    Dresdenphile - Changeling Assassin
    Phyphor - Orc Ranger
    Tzeentchling - Githzerai Monk

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    QuidamQuidam Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Seeing a lack of defenders, I thought I would submit an alternate character. Of course, I would be happy to play either one, depending on what you feel is appropriate.

Meet Azatlim, the Shifter Paladin. http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=199276
    Standard 22-point buy for stats

Background
    Azatlim lived as a scavenger and hunter in the wild for years before meeting a group of elves who sought to "civilize" him. Azatlim did not take kindly to their attempts at instilling him with culture, but he immediately found an affinity with the god the elves called Melora. To Azatlim, Melora is the manifestation of his inner heart and soul within the wilderness. Azatlim has since returned to his wild life, but with a new calling to preserve the wild in its natural, rugged state under guidance of Melora. Unfortunately for Azatlim, he treated the next group of elves he met with a degree of civility he normally would not have shown. Unfortunate indeed that these elves trapped him and sold him for slavery. Azatlim waits in the dungeons, biding his time and anger, ready to lash out at the first opportunity of escape.

Appearance
    Azatlim has a air about him that screams hunger. His long brown hair is kept unkempt, and his face has several scars along his forehead and chin. His black eyes radiate the beast within that longs to break free. He has a muscular frame with a wiry build.

Personality Traits
    Ferocious, Wild, Cunning, Aggressive

Quidam on
    Current Character: Arnell Dredger, Human Psion
    Current Campaign: The Gladiators T1
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Ok, there were a lot of neat characters there, and I hate to leave anyone out, but an 11 character game might get a little tough. :)

The good news is, there are enough people for 2 games, if you guys are interested. Here's the breakdown I have currently:

Team 1:
    Quidam - Human Psion
    Phyphor - Dwarf Invoker
    Brody - Goliath Warden
    Waik - Human Cleric
    Sakutian - Hobgoblin Barbarian
    Dresdenphile - Changeling Assassin

Team A:
    Fogrob - Eladrin Wizard
    Hippofant - Human Seeker
    Zombie Hero - Goblin Warlord
    Mundane Soul - Minotaur Barbarian
    Tzeentchling - Githzerai Monk

I'll be putting together the OPs and setting the stage tonight, and we should be able to get started on this once I have those up.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yay! I'm on board for this, thanks so much for choosing me.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Boosh! Very excited to get started!

dresdenphile on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WaikWaik Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Nice ! Can't wait to get started !

Waik on
  • Options
    MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Awesome! Excited to stomp things with my dainty little minotaur hooves.

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'm going to go ahead and predict that this king is going to two groups of gladiators clash for his entertainment at some point in the future.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Go team A! I think. Is this two official games? Or are we the reserve team?

Edit: Also, the character will be up on Orokos at some point soon.

tzeentchling on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'd like to see a picture of these "dainty" hooves.. :P

And Sakutian, spoiler tags exist for a reason! :D

And these are going to be two games running simultaneously. I'll specify on the thread title which is which. [DnD 4E PbP] The Gladiators T1 and [DnD 4E PbP] The Gladiators TA. Going to start working on the OPs during my next break at work.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    I'd like to see a picture of these "dainty" hooves.. :P

SO DAINTY
    75337771.N30ZZFjL.DaintyHooves941.jpg

But really probably more like
    minotaur.jpg

Oh, did I forget to post my background for Canderus?

Here's that!
    Canderus is a young minotaur still seeking to understand the beast within. He has spent most of his life believing that the bestial urges within are something to be tamed and controlled, as he was taught by his parents, civilized minotaurs who had been accepted as valuable members of a human community. His father, a blacksmith, taught him the basics of defending himself with an axe and spent much of his youth encouraging him to seek control over the impulses within him.
    However, in the past several years, since leaving his home to travel the world and seek adventure, Canderus has come to understand that there is a much power within him when he gives into the Beast, letting rage overrun his senses and take control. His bestial wrath has gotten him out of more than a few sticky situations on the road, and he's come to respect the potential it unlocks within him.
    Will Canderus' bestial nature overwhelm him...or will he transcend and become something more?
    Only time will tell...

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sakutian wrote: »
    I'm going to go ahead and predict that this king is going to two groups of gladiators clash for his entertainment at some point in the future.

As a member of Team A, all i can say is
    "Not in the Face!!"

We don't have a defender, and there are certainly better healers than my goblin warlord. Of course, i if i could bring in help from the goblin fighter brigade (may or may not actually exist), we could even things up.

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I will say that I can see at least three different ways this campaign can end, and they are up to you. Perhaps you will even come to an ending I'm not even thinking of right now.

If you have a particular picture for your character you want me to use for your token, please post it here or PM it to me. I'll just be using the head on the tokens, so keep that in mind. I'll just be using what I can find in the meantime and they can be swapped out if you have a different one you prefer.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Sakutian wrote: »

As a member of Team A, all i can say is
    "Not in the Face!!"

We don't have a defender, and there are certainly better healers than my goblin warlord. Of course, i if i could bring in help from the goblin fighter brigade (may or may not actually exist), we could even things up.

Yeah, it's going to be interesting to see our team in action, methinks.

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Souls for the soul god.

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    QuidamQuidam Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Wooo! Can't wait to try out my psion, been itching to make one since phb3 was released.

Browsing for a picture, this one was somewhat close to my concept. Something is better than nothing I guess

http://img690.imageshack.us/i/thesightbydigitaldepth.jpg/

Quidam on
    Current Character: Arnell Dredger, Human Psion
    Current Campaign: The Gladiators T1
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Wow, pretty nice of you to run two groups. Looking at my char sheet not logged in there's no pic but I definitely put one up there... hmm, I'll post it when i get home.

Phyphor on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'm looking for a picture but I most likely won't find one anytime soon. I won't complain about whatever gets chosen for me in the meantime though.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Alright, I present Dakketh Mulbari, Githzerai Monk:

Picture:
    Gith_450.jpg
    Background:
    Dakketh Mulbari was a member of the Hidden Storm temple, a monk school in the Astral Sea. Raised from birth, he was taught of the superiority of mental and physical perfection, the ultimate goal of which is to turn oneself into both weapon and wielder. Once he became competent in the Hidden Storm' teachings, Dakketh joined a war band to further test his skills. His time in the band did not last long - their first battle was against a githyanki pirate crew, a battle which did not go well. His band was killed and Dakketh himself captured. Dakketh was sold into gladiatorial slavery - ironically, Dakketh is not bitter for this presents him with a perfect way of testing his skills against worthy foes.
    Personality:
    Dakketh is calm and meditative, not saying much except when important. He is keenly observant, and one always feels like they are being sized-up when in his presence. His respect is not easily earned, but once it is it will rarely be broken. In combat, Dakketh is a blur of motion, striking with quick, sharp open-hand blows, picking at key weaknesses and pressure points before dodging away from retaliation.
    Character Sheet:
    ====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
    Dakketh Mulbari, level 1
    Githzerai, Monk
    Build: Centered Breath Monk
    Monastic Tradition: Centered Breath
    Background: Githzerai - War Band Survivor (+2 to Perception)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 11, Con 13, Dex 18, Int 10, Wis 18, Cha 8.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    Str 11, Con 13, Dex 16, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 8.

AC: 16 Fort: 13 Reflex: 15 Will: 15
    HP: 25 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
    Heal +9, Stealth +9, Acrobatics +11, Perception +11

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Arcana, Bluff -1, Diplomacy -1, Dungeoneering +4, Endurance +1, History, Insight +4, Intimidate -1, Nature +4, Religion, Streetwise -1, Thievery +4, Athletics +2

FEATS
    Level 1: Implement Expertise (Ki Focuses)

POWERS
    Monk at-will 1: Five Storms
    Monk at-will 1: Crane's Wings
    Monk encounter 1: Drunken Monkey
    Monk daily 1: Masterful Spiral

ITEMS
    Monk Unarmed Strike, Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing), Ki Focus, Potion of Healing (heroic tier)
    ====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

If you want any particulars on the Monk, I'll give you what I can.

Do you have him on an online sheet? I'm bookmarking everyone's characters and I don't see a Mythweavers or Orokos sheet for him.

OP's are almost done, just need to set up the first battle.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    WaikWaik Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Here is a picture for my token :
    97107.jpg
    I know it looks more like a paladin but it fits.
    and the link to my character page :

Waik on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I can put it up later tonight; I'm at work right now.

tzeentchling on
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So, as it turns out - finding a picture of a human with a bow? Easy.
    Finding a picture of a human with a crossbow? Hard.

(Although I do giggle at the idea of my using this Buffy picture.)

Edit: Or I can be a 1/1 white creature!

16.jpg

hippofant on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I actually found an image I don't hate beyond all measure.
    car_warrior.jpg

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I've moved my sheet to orokos since it lets me directly upload the char builder files. http://4e.orokos.com/sheets/1780

Portrait in the spoiler, go go NWN avs!
    dwarf.jpg

Phyphor on
  • Options
    fogrobfogrob Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I think this will fit for my wizard.

fogrob on
    My PA 40k League list can be found here.
  • Options
    edited April 2010