As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Pre-PAX Dinner 2010 Thread - *Food Registration - CLOSED*

• Options
    edg2000edg2000 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    beta_angel wrote: »
    Ah, screw it, I'd still jump that if only for my own pleasure.

now, thats what she said. or id hope so, if not your doin something wrong!

...on topic, counting the days. now that i have the wife roped into coming with, (granted 2x the cost) it will be a much better time than the constant txt msg nagging

edg2000 on
    Enforcer Years: P10 P11 P15 W16 W17
    7 PAX veteran
  • Options
    ZeraphaelZeraphael PDXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    edg2000 wrote: »

now, thats what she said. or id hope so, if not your doin something wrong!

...on topic, counting the days. now that i have the wife roped into coming with, (granted 2x the cost) it will be a much better time than the constant txt msg nagging

As opposed to in-your-face nagging? I don't know which I'd prefer really.

That timer needs to count down faster. Quick! We've got to have some sort of immense combined brain power on these boards....use it to move time faster! Or make money, I could live with that too.

Zeraphael on
    fs_f4aaa2c905a534c3966d53bf5d2639c9.png
  • Options
    edg2000edg2000 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Zeraphael wrote: »
    As opposed to in-your-face nagging? I don't know which I'd prefer really.

our group has a few other girls going with, so there shouldnt be too much "in-your-face nagging". plus, my anniversary is the following week, so its not like im ditching that for PAX :D (i considered PAX09 as my first bachelor party)

edg2000 on
    Enforcer Years: P10 P11 P15 W16 W17
    7 PAX veteran
  • Options
    JekhtJekht Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sounds like it's going to be pretty hectic getting tickets for this. Any idea when tickets will start going on sale? Coming with a friend from England so trying to make the most out of the trip you see... :)

Jekht on
  • Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Jekht wrote: »
    Sounds like it's going to be pretty hectic getting tickets for this. Any idea when tickets will start going on sale? Coming with a friend from England so trying to make the most out of the trip you see... :)

No date set as of yet. Just keep your eye on the thread. :)

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Long live the Pre-PAX dinner! Last year was my first and the gathering was great. We did have those food problems, but it was a great time regardless. And the pub crawl afterward was epic. I can not wait for another night of stumbling around Capitol Hill with 200 other drunk PA nerds :)

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    IndyIndy Registered User new member
    edited May 2010
    Huh. I've been going to PAX for the last two years, but never really paid much attention to the forums. Didn't know stuff like this was happening. Suppose that means I *have* to attend now!

Also, is the dinner going to be more like a catered party, or more pot-luck? Cause while I can't cook... I can bring sweet, delicious Canadian beer. We have some very good microbrews in town, and I don't mind sharing!

Indy on
    Hug a toaster today, they need love too!
  • Options
    atiariatiari Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Indy wrote: »
    Huh. I've been going to PAX for the last two years, but never really paid much attention to the forums. Didn't know stuff like this was happening. Suppose that means I *have* to attend now!

Also, is the dinner going to be more like a catered party, or more pot-luck? Cause while I can't cook... I can bring sweet, delicious Canadian beer. We have some very good microbrews in town, and I don't mind sharing!

It is typically catered, or held at a restaurant. Last year's was catered...and there seemed to be some issues. Not sure what the plans are for this year. PAX East went the restaurant route, and most people seemed happy once they understood the whole "buffet, but you make plates of raw food and wait for it to be cooked". At least that's what I read. I didn't attend as I organized the Pre-PAX East gaming night at the Sheraton and was busy from 6pm through 3am playing all sorts of games.

atiari on
  • Options
    orbdeporbdep Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    This is a great chance to meet people before the pub crawl and PAX proper, my wife and I met this fun Canadian guy, and this other cool guy (whose name's I have forgotten in my horribleness) as well as Paul and Jess at this event, and we hung out with someone from that crew pretty much all weekend, it's probably the best way to meet people pre pax, even if they did have jalapeno fresco sodas. :)

orbdep on
    Nursery Rhymes are Creepy
  • Options
    Gene ParmesanGene Parmesan Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Anyone know around the time the tickets might go on sale? I really wanna go to this and dont wana miss the tickets.

Gene Parmesan on
  • Options
    MelesMelesMelesMeles Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm a total PAX virgin. However, I like food...I also have an English accent that amuses people.

Do I qualify?

MelesMeles on
  • Options
    Rob SpewackRob Spewack Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Looks like I'll be leaving this thread open in the browser for the rest of the weekend...can't miss those tickets.

Rob Spewack on
  • Options
    EsotasticEsotastic Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So, if I miss out on the dinner itself, is it completely okay if I just go to the pub crawl(assuming it happens). That's mostly what I want is a chance to roam the city like a miscreant with other people and get a bit sloshed.

Esotastic on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Esotastic wrote: »
    So, if I miss out on the dinner itself, is it completely okay if I just go to the pub crawl(assuming it happens). That's mostly what I want is a chance to roam the city like a miscreant with other people and get a bit sloshed.

That is perfectly acceptable. There are always some people who run on booze alone.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    The dinner will be catered, however, due to the issues that occurred with Skillet Street last year, they will not be catering our event.

I've been spending lots of time talking with various venues and caterers and i'm still working to find the right combination.

I hope to everything figured out within the next 2 weeks or so, but no guarantees. I've been super busy, but I assure you all, this is coming along and will be glorious.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    MasterHeliosMasterHelios Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm so in. Will probably bring food of my own, though, like last year, depending on what the food we end up getting is.

MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
  • Options
    EsotasticEsotastic Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Cronus wrote: »

That is perfectly acceptable. There are always some people who run on booze alone.

Well that's just outstanding then. I'll keep an eye on this post since I'm assuming this is where all the main info will be.

Esotastic on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Cronus wrote: »

Well that's just outstanding then. I'll keep an eye on this post since I'm assuming this is where all the main info will be.

There will most assuredly be another thread for it. I forget the tag of the man who started it last year. Though he did have an awesome button.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    For the crawl? That's AtlusParker, and he's smelly.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Arco wrote: »
    For the crawl? That's AtlusParker, and he's smelly.

Ah, thank you. I could not remember his name. But I do remember his Miley Cyrus/Joker button. Awesome. Just keep an eye out for his thread for info about the pub crawl.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    By the way, is this pub crawl the Tri-Wizard thing, or is that a different thing altogether?

feitocomfruta on
  • Options
    WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    This thread we are in right now is for a sit down dinner.
    The crawl they are referring to, which does not have a thread yet, is indeed the triwizard crawl run by atlus. As far as I know there are no other organized crawls.

Wormdundee on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    The pub-crawl has been, in the past, Tri-Wizard. It's plausible that Atlas will change it as I believe the Boston Pub Crawl was a Pokingman thinger. Of course, it's all on Atlas.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Okay thanks! It's just I remember hearing about so many pub crawls and events during PAX that they all get jumbled around. Right now, my plan seems to be either fly in on Wednesday or early Thursday, do the MMT followed by the Dinner and PubCrawl, or go on the CCST and do just the dinner and pub crawl.

If it does end up being Tri-Wizard, I'm already calling Hufflepuff as my house (it's a long story, maybe I'll tell it in that thread when it's formed).

feitocomfruta on
  • Options
    WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Boston was different because he wanted a different theme for the 2 different PAXs. I don't think it will be changing from triwizard, of course anything could happen.

Wormdundee on
  • Options
    AstayonixAstayonix Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Sssssslllytherin forever!!

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    http://www.n37radio.com
    Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
    IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
  • Options
    Gene ParmesanGene Parmesan Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Is there a thread for the pre-PAX gaming night? I'm planning on hitting both of these.

Gene Parmesan on
  • Options
    SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Fuckyeah Pre-PAX Dinner! I fully and completely endorse this entire endeavor, even without reading the whole thread :D

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • Options
    Goodfella2487Goodfella2487 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    First post. Bought my three-day pass, booked hotel tonight and saw this amazing thread. I'll be willing to bring booze to pregame before the actual crawl begins. I can't tell you how pumped I am for this.

Goodfella2487 on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    First post. Bought my three-day pass, booked hotel tonight and saw this amazing thread. I'll be willing to bring booze to pregame before the actual crawl begins. I can't tell you how pumped I am for this.

I don't think this is really an event you can pregame a Pub Crawl at. (Not to mention the fact that I have never understood the need to pregame.) In any case, it's really up to the decisions of the organizers.

feitocomfruta on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I don't think this is really an event you can pregame a Pub Crawl at. (Not to mention the fact that I have never understood the need to pregame.) In any case, it's really up to the decisions of the organizers.

Understood, well, I'd be willing to contribute anything needed -- food, utensils, whatever.

Goodfella2487 on
  • Options
    ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm not a big drinker, so I'm just guessing here, but is pregaming where you start drinking before an event where you're expected to get drunk?

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Options
    EskimoDaveEskimoDave Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm not a big drinker, so I'm just guessing here, but is pregaming where you start drinking before an event where you're expected to get drunk?

Yeah. You get a healthy buzz before you go out. That way when you're at the bar you need to buy less drinks to talk to girls.

EskimoDave on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    EskimoDave wrote: »

Yeah. You get a healthy buzz before you go out. That way when you're at the bar you need to buy less drinks to talk to girls.

Well, that and, you don't need to spend 3-5x as much paying at a bar since you're already halfway there.

Goodfella2487 on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Personally, I get by the spending 3-5x as much by drinking less drinks, but whatever snaps your elastic.

Anyway, we have people planning the Pre-PAX dinner, so perhaps we should let people know that in the thread title.

feitocomfruta on
  • Options
    diplomat_ashdiplomat_ash Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Gearing up for my second PAX Prime, I had a blast last year. Glad to see the Pre-Pax Dinner is still happening, I'll be there.

diplomat_ash on
  • Options
    TwinkieTwinkie Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'll be so sad if I never get to attend a pre-PAX dinner! In former years I'd taken it as a Buttoneering event and hence opted out, as I'm completely disinterested in the idea.

But I hear there is IRL discourse and tomfoolery over delicious edibles, and since I've been out of the Forum loop for quite some time, I'm gung-ho for its return!

Please make it happen. And let me know if I could be of assistance, I may have the time. :)

Twinkie on
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Can we get a status update from the organizers? Is there a list of caterers and venues yet?

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Patience, I'm sure if there have been any developments, they would have posted here...

Although I do have to admit that I've been lurking and I am also curious what's up with this...

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    mentok1982 wrote: »
    Can we get a status update from the organizers? Is there a list of caterers and venues yet?

Yes! In fact, there have been lists of both for some time! beta is working out the details and trying to find the best possible venue while keeping costs down. I don't want to go into too much detail or speak for him, but he's been busy! He's doing a great job!!

MetaverseNomad on
This discussion has been closed.