As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chaos] CitOW game 14 - First Game of Champions - Slaanesh Victory!

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    One more of these;

The Blood God's Call - 2 - When you play this card, immediately move up to two of your figures to this region from any other region or regions.

Cast into The Badlands; Move the Warrior from the Empire and the Cultist from Estalia.

Khorne @ 2/8 PP remaining.

Rius on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Round 6 Summoning phase

Road Wardens (lowest thread removes a Hero) and Peasant Uprising (+1 to resistance for each peasant) remain in play

citowg14r62.gif

Khorne (6/8) orders a bloodletter into Tilea
    Nurgle (6/7) coughs up a leper in Estalia
    Tzeentch (5/6) shields the Border Princes with a Temporal Stasis (+2 PP for others to act)
    Slaanesh (7/7) reaches out and touches Troll Country with a Perverse Infiltration (instant)

Khorne (4/8) causes the Blood God's Call to ring from Troll Country, bringing the Bloodthirster to the fray
    Nurgle (5/7) spits out another leper in Estalia
    Tzeentch (5/6) prepares a Warp Shield for an acolyte in the Border Princes (cannot be killed in battle)
    Slaanesh (6/7) whispers Insidious Lies to the residents of Kislev (+2 to domination for each Noble/Hero)

Khorne (2/8) bellows another Call, this time sending forces south to the Badlands

Darian on
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Leper to Estalia. Whee! 4/7 PP.

tzeentchling on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Casting Changer of Ways in Kislev.

(M) Changer of Ways - 0 - The text effects of other Chaos cards in this region are canceled

5/6 PP

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Seductress to Kislev from Norsca 5/7 PP.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Another card for me.

Field of Carnage - 1 - No figures other than yours may be summoned away from this region while this card remains here.

Cast into Tilea; Khorne @ 1/8 PP Remaining.

Nurgle! I have a request. Play a card, any card, into Tilea and lock down the second card slot so Tzeentch's acolytes cannot flee. Because I can guarantee you if they're allowed to leave they'll go straight to Kislev (taking their warpstones with them) which Tzeentch and Slaanesh intend to bring to ruin. If Troll Country, Kislev and Bretonnia are ruined, then Estalia cannot be (max 5 regions ruined) and that would be a bad thing for you, yes?

At this point I'm guaranteed to ruin Bretonnia for you; want to return that favor? You may still be able to win by weight of heavy VP gain and poor luck on my rolls, but you can definitely help me prevent Tzeentch from winning.

Rius on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Haha I am so the least of your worries right now.

Like, by a long shot.

People most likely to win this game, in order:

Khorne
    Slaanesh
    Nurgle
    Tzeentch

Like, I'm not even sure how I'm going to get to 50 VP this turn, much less prevent Slaanesh and Nurgle from doing so AND prevent Khorne from double dialing.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In fact, playing a card in Tilea makes it very very likely that Khorne will get a dial tick there.

He's already getting one in Estalia, probably one in Troll country (despite Slaanesh's two-hit cultists).

As it stands, he is most likely to get 3 dial ticks. Kislev ruining will be the least of your worries if he double dials this turn, since, you know, it means he'll win.

The only one who can prevent Khorne from double dialing this turn is me. I'm also in the worst position to actually hit 50 VPs. Messing with me is in direct contradiction to your best interests.

Edit: and I don't even need those warp stones to ruin Kislev! All I need is to get 4 cultists into Kislev, which I can do with or without my Tilea cultists. It's a bad idea on every level.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Wouldn't be so hard for you. That shielded Acolyte could get you 7 guaranteed VP all by himself, plus Kislev is worth a ton to you and you're right next to Bretonnia which is another source of easy VP.

I doubt you haven't thought of all that already, you've played excellently so far.

"4 cultists" is a large slice of your power and it's not a guaranteed ruin for Kislev; warpstones are the guarantee for Tzeentch. If you spent 4 PP moving cultists to Kislev you wouldn't have enough left to do anything else and then you'd definitely lose.

Rius on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Actually it's 3 cultists now, because Slaanesh put a cultist in there. It's in his vested interest for it to ruin as well, so between us I'm pretty sure we can make it happen regardless of what Nurgle does in Tilea.

Not to mention, that still shouldn't be the priority for Nurgle! Or any of the other gods! The priority should be helping me prevent you from double dialing.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    The strength of my upcoming rolls right now is much weaker than I'm comfortable with (the game would already be over if bad rolls hadn't twice prevented me from double dialing already), so what the three of you should be doing is working on gaining VP. Nurgle can't stop Kislev from falling if the two of you work together to bring it down; his best shot at blocking that from happening is working with me to do so.

Rius on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Rius wrote: »
    The strength of my upcoming rolls right now is much weaker than I'm comfortable with (the game would already be over if bad rolls hadn't twice prevented me from double dialing already), so what the three of you should be doing is working on gaining VP. Nurgle can't stop Kislev from falling if the two of you work together to bring it down; his best shot at blocking that from happening is working with me to do so.
    Except helping you in Tilea does pretty much nothing to block us from doing it. 3 PP between me and Slaanesh is pretty much nothing.

I'm not sure what you think I'm going to be doing with those PP anyway besides shoving them into Kislev. And actually, even if I put all 3 more cultists into Kislev, and Slaanesh doesn't help, that costs 3 PP right?

Well, to move those two cultists out of Tilea costs 2 PP. So, assuming Slaanesh isn't going to help me out despite having a vested interest in doing so, it's still only a difference of a single PP! One which I was probably going to put in there anyway in case Slaanesh or you try to put warriors/punching cultists in there!

Also, come with me. Let's take a look at MrBlarney's probability chart, shall we?

ChaosInTheOldWorld_HitProbabilities.gif

You have four hits in Troll Country, and you need at least 2 in order to kill something and get a dial tick. Looking at the chart, you have a 73% chance of doing so. In Estalia and Tilea, you have 2 hits, and you need at least 1 to get dial ticks. You have a 75% chance of doing so in each region.

I like your odds. You double dialing is by far the greater danger than me and Slaanesh trying to ruin Kislev.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hey, I like those odds too. By which I mean I like them right now. After the three of you finish spending your PP once I'm exhausted, I like them a lot less.

Rius on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Rius wrote: »
    Hey, I like those odds too. By which I mean I like them right now. After the three of you finish spending your PP once I'm exhausted, I like them a lot less.
    Exactly! Which is why Nurgle should let me use my PP to prevent you from getting dial ticks instead of blocking me from preventing you from getting dial ticks! :P

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    ronrabronrab Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You realize you've both been talking to a garbage heap this whole time? Nurgle's over there.

ronrab on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Actually, even if you can't escape from Tilea, you still have enough PP and cultists to probably get two corruption in three locations. I suspect that that's all you'll need, and there are a couple places where Khorne only has a half a chance or so of killing something. It is also in my interest to try to make sure Estalia can ruin.

Plague Touch - 0 - The defense value of each enemy figure in this region is reduced by 1, to a minimum of 1. In Tilea. 4/7 PP.

tzeentchling on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Round 6 Summoning phase

Road Wardens (lowest thread removes a Hero) and Peasant Uprising (+1 to resistance for each peasant) remain in play

citowg14r63.gif
    note: PP not updated

Tzeentch (5/6) shields the Border Princes with a Temporal Stasis (+2 PP for others to act)
    Slaanesh (7/7) reaches out and touches Troll Country with a Perverse Infiltration (instant)

Khorne (4/8) causes the Blood God's Call to ring from Troll Country, bringing the Bloodthirster to the fray
    Tzeentch (5/6) prepares a Warp Shield for an acolyte in the Border Princes (cannot be killed in battle)
    Slaanesh (6/7) whispers Insidious Lies to the residents of Kislev (+2 to domination for each Noble/Hero)

Khorne (2/8) bellows another Call, this time sending forces south to the Badlands

Nurgle (4/7) does what he does best, spitting out lepers in Estalia
    Tzeentch (5/6) decides to wave away the lies in Kislev (Changer of Ways - cancel the other card slot)
    Slaanesh (5/7) marches a seductress into Kislev from Norsca

Khorne (1/8) prepares a Field of Carnage in Tilea, preventing escape (others may not be summoned away)
    Nurgle (4/7) considers the situation and releases his own Plague Touch in Tilea (others' figures get -1 defense)

Darian on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Actually there are zero places where Khorne only has a half or so chance to kill something, besides the Border Princes where I already have people.

So yeah, that didn't accomplish anything, since I'm planning on pretty much guaranteeing Kislev falls now.

Summon Warp Shielded Acolyte from The Border Princes to Troll Country.

4/6 PP

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Also, Slaanesh, if you bring your Greater Demon to Troll Country, I'm going to hand the game to Khorne.

I already took one for the team last round by spreading out to keep Khorne from double dialing instead of crashing Kislev like I wanted to. Well, not anymore. Either let me have the ruination points in Troll Country, or I'm going to send acolytes to Bretonnia and Badlands. I am blatantly extorting you guys now.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Go for it, Slaanesh; don't let him bully you around. If I get bad dice rolls, you're going to want to win, aren't you?

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Rius on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hehe, what I really wish is that I remembered enough about probability to figure out your overall chances of getting X dial tokens.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    You know brother it doesn't help your cause that you Changer of Way'd my card.

Degenerate Royalty - 3 - If played in a region with three or more corruption tokens, this card's cost is reduced by three. (It's printed cost is still used to calculate your domination value.) in Bretonnia 5/7 PP.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Move the cultist from Badlands to Estalia; Khorne at 0/8 PP and rests.

Whatever the result, it's been a hell of a game and I've been honored (and sorely vexed) to play with you guys.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Rius on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Back to basics. Leper to Estalia. 3/7 PP.

tzeentchling on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    You know brother it doesn't help your cause that you Changer of Way'd my card.

Degenerate Royalty - 3 - If played in a region with three or more corruption tokens, this card's cost is reduced by three. (It's printed cost is still used to calculate your domination value.) in Bretonnia 5/7 PP.
    Consider us even for screwing me out of ruination points in Norsca, brother.

Summon acolyte from Norsca to Kislev, bringing the warpstone.

3/6 PP

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I suppose I should also mention that I would view messing with me in Kislev in a similar light as doing so in Troll Country.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Seductress from Norsca to Kislev. 4/7 PP.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Back to you, Nurgle; I'm out of power.

Rius on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Leper to Estalia. 2/7 PP.

tzeentchling on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Round 6 Summoning phase

citowg14r65.gif

Nurgle (4/7) does what he does best, spitting out lepers in Estalia
    Tzeentch (5/6) decides to wave away the lies in Kislev (Changer of Ways - cancel the other card slot)
    Slaanesh (5/7) marches a seductress into Kislev from Norsca

Khorne (1/8) prepares a Field of Carnage in Tilea, preventing escape (others may not be summoned away)
    Nurgle (4/7) considers the situation and releases his own Plague Touch in Tilea (others' figures get -1 defense)

Tzeentch (4/6) sends the shielded acolyte from the Border Princes north to Troll Country
    Slaanesh (5/7) reaches out to the Degenerate Royalty of Bretonnia

Khorne (0/8) rests after redeploying a bloodsworn from the Badlands to Estalia
    Nurgle (3/7) coughs up a leper in Estalia
    Tzeentch (3/6) brings an acolyte with a Warpstone from Norsca to Kislev
    Slaanesh (4/7) slips a seductress from Norsca to Kislev

Nurgle (2/7) spits out another leper in Estalia

Darian on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Summon Acolyte to Kislev.

2/6 PP

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Seductress from Norsca to The Empire 3/7 PP.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Back to Nurgle

Darian on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Last leper to Brettonia. 1/7 PP.

tzeentchling on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Casting Teleport in Bretonnia, sending Khorne's cultist to Estalia.

1/6 PP

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    There is a very specific configuration of Khorne's dice rolls that will allow me to win this game.

I don't think it's going to happen, though.

Good game to all of you, this is probably the closest game of Chaos I've played. Everybody is still in it! On Turn 6!

A game truly worthy of champions!

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    This is incredibly risky.

But really what do I have to lose? (Other then the game of course! :p)

Seductress from The Empire to Bretonnia. 2/7 PP.

This is most defiantly the closest game I've ever played. Such a good game.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Move Leper from Brettonia to Border Princes. 0/7PP and rest.

I think I've probably lost this game, but we'll see!

tzeentchling on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Move Leper from Brettonia to Border Princes. 0/7PP and rest.

I think I've probably lost this game, but we'll see!

Stasis means you don't have the PP for that

Darian on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Bah! You're right, I forgot about that when I hatched this plan. Boo.

Pull it back to Estalia then.

tzeentchling on