As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

So I got rubbed last night.

Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplaceShe crawled right inRegistered User regular
edited April 2010 in Social Entropy++
I just went out to my car about an hour ago and noticed somebody had broken into it! What a horrible dilemma, right?

Oh, wait, they only stole 3 empty CD cases and rifled through my glovebox that had nothing but paperwork in it. They also tried to steal my CD player but it is basically bolted into the car so they appear to have given up. This must have been the worst burglar ever. They didn't even siphon out my gas! I consider this a victory.

Has anybody else been robbed? Have any funny stories?

Clint Eastwood on

• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010
    mm yeah keep going i'm almost there

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    my roommate's girlfriend got all her laundry stolen out of the dryer the other day

who the fuck steals laundry?

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010
    Do you work for Apple?

Monoxide on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    this is why you should always leave a cobra in your car.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    somebody stole my ribena once

FAQ on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    my roommate's girlfriend got all her laundry stolen out of the dryer the other day

Maybe he was Japanese?

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Man I came into this thread like "oh no cloudman D: " but it seems things are fine.

Aren't all CD players like bolted into cars? How do they get stolen from people anyhow?

Henroid on
  • Options
    babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Penny-Arcade stole my idea.

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    when I was four someone stole my stuffed dolphin

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Naked people.

But don't bother looking, they've camouflaged themselves with your friend's clothes now.

They could be anyone.

Ruckus on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited April 2010
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Why not a Vietnamese two-step viper?

Henroid on
  • Options
    HeavyVillainHeavyVillain Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    someone stole a laptop out of my car once

A 5 year old broken laptop that I was enroute to giving to a friend so his sister could use it asa prop in a school play

HeavyVillain on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    tell me more about the

bolts

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    omg01.jpg

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Henroid wrote: »
    Man I came into this thread like "oh no cloudman D: " but it seems things are fine.

Aren't all CD players like bolted into cars? How do they get stolen from people anyhow?

Well this isn't the first time somebody has broken into a vehicle of mine.

The last time was admittedly my fault as I was bad about locking my old car. That time they stole the faceplate to my CD player.

Burglary standards are way down in this city.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

It works great, until you park your car outside during the winter. =(

RedTide on
    RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    maybe now you'll learn to stop buying CDs and start pitrating music like a real person

Franko on
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Never had anything stolen from my car, I leave it unlocked 90% of the time, too.
    The only thing I leave in it are some tools in the trunk that are impossible to get to unless you have the trunk key.

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    tell me more about the

bolts
    I can assure you they were tightly inserted and that there were also nuts.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    look sometimes stealing finished laundry is much easier than doing it yourself

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I caught people trying to rob my apartment one night.

I lived on the first floor of some old brownstones in the middle of a really shady part of town and my shit for brains roommate left the windows unlocked before he and his slut girlfriend left for the coast one weekend.

I'm working on call and just happened to be up fixing a server issue when I hear my blinds move and then my front door open. I grab my baseball bat and jump out of my room to find my lights on, a tall skinny guy standing at my door letting his shorter friend in and some chubby girl with her ass half breach through my window... why she didn't just wait for the tall skinny guy to open the door I do not know.

I scared the shit out of them- me in nothing but my undies holding a baseball bat yelling at the top of my lungs.

I was so shocked I told them to come in, sit on my couch while I call the police.

Turns out they were just white trash who thought they were going to steal a camera from somebody they knew... it was bizarre.

GRMike on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    someone stole my Magic cards once

out of my backpack while we were at gym

>:[

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    omg01.jpg

hahaha

Henroid on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

T-800

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    They didn't steal the paperwork?

Doesn't this man know anything about identity theft!?

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Smart Hero wrote: »

T-800

Tell your friend to watch their boots and motorcycle.

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    A few years ago I left my car window slightly cracked.

Apparently, somebody decided to pop the lock and dig through my car. They took a whole host of CDs, which sucked, but since I had them all ripped, it didn't matter all that much.

The thing they took that really pissed me off...The thing that I didn't quite understand...it was in the console. Right between the driver and passenger seats. For years, I have always had this type of item in said console because sometimes you just need it.

They took my goddamn Gillette Deodorant.

I realize that, as a deodorant, it's the best a man can get, but...dude? It wasn't a new, unopened deodorant, it was well used. We're talkin' about need to replace within the next 2 weeks.

I was honestly more irritated about that, than the damn CDs.

My wife then made note that it was probably the vagrants who live down by the river (which is less than a mile from our house) and maybe they just wanted to smell better.

Either way, they're rocking out to Jethro Tull while the fragrance of Wild Rain floats from their own personal pits of despair.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Someone keeps stealing my neighbor's Wall Street Journal from in front of the building every morning

She's trying to get us all to participate in a scheme that could only be described as an overzealous neighborhood watch--with shifts--to try and catch the perp

It's like, c'mon dude I realize that it's shitty but you have got to let this go

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Faricazy wrote: »

someone stole my asthma inhaler once when i was a kid

i'm pretty sure they thought it would get them high

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    They didn't steal the paperwork?

Doesn't this man know anything about identity theft!?

Actually, this is a good point. I should probably make sure none of the important stuff is gone. It all looked the same as usual though.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Man that is fucked. Kids used to steal M:tG, Pokemon, and other game cards from other kids back in middleschool. Just to teach nerds a lesson, or whatever. Except it was actual theft.

One kid was turned in by their own parent and cried 'cause he thought he was going to jail.

Henroid on
  • Options
    Meta T. DustMeta T. Dust Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Her subscription ran out and she didn't realize it so "oh no someone takin' my streets".

at makershot a year up from here

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    someone stole a laptop out of my car once

A 5 year old broken laptop that I was enroute to giving to a friend so his sister could use it asa prop in a school play
    My grandma had her portable coffee carafe stolen out of her car. Someone just walked by and said "hey I want that"

Bedlam on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

someone stole my asthma inhaler once when i was a kid

i'm pretty sure they thought it would get them high

A friend of mine had that happen! Kids are retarded.

Faricazy on
  • Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    A couple months ago somebody busted into my sister-in-law's car and stole some cd's

Last week someone smashed out her rear windshield and attempted to hotwire the car

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    somebody stole my discman once

it had a radio and everything

none too pleased was I

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    My dad's window got smashed a couple times when people broke in to steal nothing of value from his Toyota Tercel.

So he started leaving his doors unlocked.

And after they smashed his window a third time, he started leaving a sign saying the doors were unlocked.

So far as we know, nobody ever even touched his car after that.

And all this took place when he was working out of Police Headquarters in downtown Winnipeg, parking in the public parkade next door.

Ruckus on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Cloudman wrote: »
    Burglary standards are way down in this city.

People holding you up for change to make a phone call. DONT HOLD OUT ON ME FUCKER I KNOW YOU'VE GOT QUARTERS.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Crashmo wrote: »
    A couple months ago somebody busted into my sister-in-law's car and stole some cd's

Last week someone smashed out her rear windshield and attempted to hotwire the car

did she say

OH!

MY CAR

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif