edited February 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote:
    How many cases are going to be in GS4?
    11tee trillion

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I don't know why people complain about this game's soundtrack. Sure, yeah, the first game's was better, but the music in this is still pretty damn good.

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    FirebrandFirebrand Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Need to beat this now. Just resumed my university studies and been having playing just short sessions on and off, so I've lost the thread a little bit.

Anyway, case 4 is driving me nuts at the moment:

[spoiler:dc3454aacd]"Grasp this concept before I tell the name of my client." It seems I've tried anything that makes and doesn't make sense, and I don't get this. A hint, anyone?[/spoiler:dc3454aacd]

Firebrand on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Firebrand wrote:
    Need to beat this now. Just resumed my university studies and been having playing just short sessions on and off, so I've lost the thread a little bit.

[spoiler:343ed9b204]"Grasp this concept before I tell the name of my client." It seems I've tried anything that makes and doesn't make sense, and I don't get this. A hint, anyone?[/spoiler:343ed9b204]
    [spoiler:343ed9b204]That might be the one where you have to press every point and then press the right one over again. If not, be prepared to do it at some point during this radio chat.[/spoiler:343ed9b204]

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Firebrand wrote:

[spoiler:8a23f8510d]"Grasp this concept before I tell the name of my client." It seems I've tried anything that makes and doesn't make sense, and I don't get this. A hint, anyone?[/spoiler:8a23f8510d]
    [spoiler:8a23f8510d]That might be the one where you have to press every point and then press the right one over again. If not, be prepared to do it at some point during this radio chat.[/spoiler:8a23f8510d]
    [spoiler:8a23f8510d]Yeah, you don't present anything here. Just keep a-pressing. You have to press everything once, then (I think) the first one again, and then (I think) the last one again. Press press press your way to VICTORY.[/spoiler:8a23f8510d]

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    FirebrandFirebrand Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Firebrand wrote:

[spoiler:375b3b5530]"Grasp this concept before I tell the name of my client." It seems I've tried anything that makes and doesn't make sense, and I don't get this. A hint, anyone?[/spoiler:375b3b5530]
    [spoiler:375b3b5530]That might be the one where you have to press every point and then press the right one over again. If not, be prepared to do it at some point during this radio chat.[/spoiler:375b3b5530]
    [spoiler:375b3b5530]Yeah, you don't present anything here. Just keep a-pressing. You have to press everything once, then (I think) the first one again, and then (I think) the last one again. Press press press your way to VICTORY.[/spoiler:375b3b5530]

Ah, turns out you had to press them in the right order without reaching the "end". And Phoenix's objection then was pretty much what I had in mind myself.

Then I got stuck soon after, where you had to present the
    [spoiler:375b3b5530]wine glass[/spoiler:375b3b5530]. It was fairly obvious to me and I'm sure I tried it, but for some reason it wouldn't accept the objection... perhaps you had to press certain points before presenting it...?

As much as I love these two games, they can be slightly frustrating sometimes when it comes to presenting your case.

Firebrand on
  • Options
    Chris FOMChris FOM Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    finished the game, not entirely sure how it stacks up. I did get annoyed at some of the processes though. I especially hated how some testimonies required you to press a number of statements, then repress a particular one to get things to continue, even if there was no contradiction revealed by pressing the other statements. The final witness of the fourth case was particularly bad about this, where you had to press every one of his statements, let him elaborate on them, then repress a particular one despite there being no indication that repressing it would yield a different result.

More specific comments, total game spoilers ahead

[spoiler:bbdfff30e8]Franziska was definitely a far weaker prosecutor than Edgeworth or her father. Edgeworth always knew more than you did, and laid quite a few traps where he tricked Phoenix into damaging his own case. While that worked against case 5 in PWAA, since I already knew that Edgeworth could be convinced I was right and work with me a la Will Powers' trial, it was extremely effective in case 4 of JFA where your client actually was guilty, and the evidence largely worked in Edgeworth's favor. Manfred von Karma was an absolute demon in the courtroom. His presence dominated the courtroom, and he was a brick wall where you had to fight for every last shred of evidence or testimony you dragged out of his witnesses. Battling him required you to have everything lined up perfectly and you simply couldn't relent. If you weren't constantly on the attack you lost.

Franziska though was simply a bully with a whip. She tried to be the same wall that Manfred was, but instead of ruling through iron will alone she simply whipped the hell out of anyone who disagreed. While it made for great comic effect, it also made her come across far weaker. She just wasn't the threat that Edgeworth or Manfred were. that said, I did find her ending extremely poignant, when you're reminded that she's just a kid trying to live up to two impossible standards.

I'm not sure if I preferred PWAA or JFA's case 4. I'm a sucker for great plot twists and character development, and the way PWAA brought in DL-6, Misty Fey's "mistake" (bringing her picture back after it's cameo in case 2 was brilliant), Edgeworth's own reasons for becoming a prosecutor, and the double trial provided all that in spades. I loved it as I slowly pieced together just what had happened during both murders.

JFA case 4 was far less interesting in terms of twists. Admittedly I thought it was Adrian Andrews until she broke down on the stand, but by the second investigation I had everything figured out except how I was going to convict Engarde and free Maya. However, where case 4 kicked ass was in terms of Phoenix's own character. He was forced through the exact same choices Edgeworth made in PWAA, only where Edgeworth had to prosecute an innocent party Phoenix had to defend a guilty one. that second trial day I felt like absolute slime, especially when I had to defend Engarde by attacking Andrews. I literally felt dirty presenting each successive piece of evidence. the way Phoenix questions himself and what his duty as a lawyer was made for some brilliant development. That said, it also totally destroyed ever using Edgeworth as a prosecutor again. He just doesn't have any intimidation factor at all anymore. :)[/spoiler:bbdfff30e8]

Chris FOM on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    [spoiler:49f1245e42]Somewhat disappointed by the ending. I was expecting hug and kisses. All I see is hug. And not even a real hug, just Wright extending arms to Maya. Being a fan of the cliche girl-fall-in-love-with-her-big-brother-figure, I was excited to see Karma crying... 'Edward. Go for it man! Hug her! Kiss Kiss Kiss!' Then nada, nothing, plane flying. Woopy doo, you weakling.[/spoiler:49f1245e42]

dude, [spoiler:49f1245e42]Edgeworth is like her brother, man. That's sick.[/spoiler:49f1245e42]

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    [spoiler:aaf2fd0149]http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/782/justlookathimhowcouldhelr6.jpg

that's not a good picture of him, but he looks so Gantlike. It's obvious that he could be evil.[/spoiler:aaf2fd0149]

edit: Case 4, game 1[spoiler:aaf2fd0149]You know in Case 2, when you have a choice of taking one of two pictures. One is of Misty. Is the other of Gregory? I forgot who it was.[/spoiler:aaf2fd0149]

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    I almost bought this game today. Would have, if it wasn't for the fact that they were sold out of DS Lites.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    SixfortyfiveSixfortyfive Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I almost bought this game today. Would have, if it wasn't for the fact that they were sold out of DS Lites.
    You should play the original game first if you haven't already.

Sixfortyfive on
    poasting something foolishly foolish.
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    [spoiler:417258ce47]http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/782/justlookathimhowcouldhelr6.jpg

that's not a good picture of him, but he looks so Gantlike. It's obvious that he could be evil.[/spoiler:417258ce47]
    [spoiler:417258ce47]Some people think he might be Edgeworth somehow, because he's hobo Phoenix's only known friend.[/spoiler:417258ce47]

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    [spoiler:c9c0b697e4]http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/782/justlookathimhowcouldhelr6.jpg

that's not a good picture of him, but he looks so Gantlike. It's obvious that he could be evil.[/spoiler:c9c0b697e4]
    [spoiler:c9c0b697e4]Some people think he might be Edgeworth somehow, because he's hobo Phoenix's only known friend.[/spoiler:c9c0b697e4]

[spoiler:c9c0b697e4]Hmm, they already used the plastic surgery cliche/[/spoiler:c9c0b697e4]

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited February 2007
    You should play the original game first if you haven't already.
    Seriously. There's a major continuity type thing going on in the PW series.

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I'm stuck on Case 4 already.

[spoiler:87a7507cbb]Andrews, Lotta, and Oldbag all have Psyche-Locks and I don't know what the hell I need to get through them.[/spoiler:87a7507cbb]

Furu on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Furu wrote:
    I'm stuck on Case 4 already.

[spoiler:8bac1942b7]Andrews, Lotta, and Oldbag all have Psyche-Locks and I don't know what the hell I need to get through them.[/spoiler:8bac1942b7]

[spoiler:8bac1942b7]I'm only a little further along, having broken two of them. Tackle Lotta's first.[/spoiler:8bac1942b7]

Jragghen on
  • Options
    Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    So apparently Adrian Andrews is a pokemon.

[spoiler:fa55ece606]"Adrian Andrews! I choose you!"[/spoiler:fa55ece606]

man, that name irritate me. Adrian is a man's name. It should be Adriana or Adrienne.

Edit: Oldbag's psyche-lock is the easiest thing ever. One piece of evidence will break all four locks.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    [spoiler:f41c879e27]http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/782/justlookathimhowcouldhelr6.jpg

that's not a good picture of him, but he looks so Gantlike. It's obvious that he could be evil.[/spoiler:f41c879e27]
    [spoiler:f41c879e27]Some people think he might be Edgeworth somehow, because he's hobo Phoenix's only known friend.[/spoiler:f41c879e27]

[spoiler:f41c879e27]Hmm, they already used the plastic surgery cliche/[/spoiler:f41c879e27]

OBJECTION!!

[spoiler:f41c879e27]In the demo, Phoenix's age is listed as 33, and Ganryuu's as 32.

As Edgeworth is older than Phoenix, that makes this impossible![/spoiler:f41c879e27]

Furu on
  • Options
    TVs_FrankTVs_Frank Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    So I just beat JFA and I take it [spoiler:51a9a33055]PW4 is based off the bad ending? :( I haven't read much on here about it for fear of spoilers.[/spoiler:51a9a33055]

TVs_Frank on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    TVs_Frank wrote:
    So I just beat JFA and I take it [spoiler:1925072720]PW4 is based off the bad ending? :( I haven't read much on here about it for fear of spoilers.[/spoiler:1925072720]

PW4 takes place seven years after 3, so no.

Furu on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I swear my Landlord must have stolen my copy of this when it arrived in the mail... Justice!

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    My god, the last case.

Kudos to you, PW2 writers. That is just...I don't think I could have written a more hateable villian if I tried.

Furu on
  • Options
    edited February 2007

[spoiler:7f121cabd6]"Adrian Andrews! I choose you!"[/spoiler:7f121cabd6]

man, that name irritate me. Adrian is a man's name. It should be Adriana or Adrienne.

Edit: Oldbag's psyche-lock is the easiest thing ever. One piece of evidence will break all four locks.
    I won't spoil it, but there's actually a reason for her androgynous name.

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I think JFA is better than the first game because of the very, very important final case:

[spoiler:854c9bbb8b]It bothered me a lot in the first game the very patronizing way it portrayed lawyers and prosecutors, as if defending someone was always the just way, that your client was always innocent, and that prosecutors were heartless bastards.

And now with Edgarde Phoenix learns what it means to be a lawyer.[/spoiler:854c9bbb8b]

Basically if that didn't happen I'd probably drop the series.

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    SerpentSerpent Sometimes Vancouver, BC, sometimes Brisbane, QLDRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007

[spoiler:83881bf73e]"Adrian Andrews! I choose you!"[/spoiler:83881bf73e]

I won't spoil it, but there's actually a reason for her androgynous name.

And Adrian is also a girls name.

Serpent on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    So...what's the bad ending?
    [realspoiler:1bea02d29e]Maya dies? Phoenix becomes a drunk bastard because of it, huh.[/realspoiler:1bea02d29e]

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Senor Fish wrote:
    [realspoiler:afda3c4584]Maya dies? Phoenix becomes a drunk bastard because of it, huh.[/realspoiler:afda3c4584]
    [realspoiler:afda3c4584]Phoenix botches the final evidence, Engarde is found innocent, cheering and confetti and all. Phoenix skips town and goes into hiding without ever seeing Maya again, although he finds out she was freed unharmed. He later reads in a paper that Adrian Andrews is convicted for the murder of Juan Corrida. Sad music plays, Nick wanders off into the night.[/realspoiler:afda3c4584]

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Senor Fish wrote:
    [realspoiler:e32d43868d]Maya dies? Phoenix becomes a drunk bastard because of it, huh.[/realspoiler:e32d43868d]
    [realspoiler:e32d43868d]Phoenix botches the final evidence, Engarde is found innocent, cheering and confetti and all. Phoenix skips town and goes into hiding without ever seeing Maya again, although he finds out she was freed unharmed. He later reads in a paper that Adrian Andrews is convicted for the murder of Juan Corrida. Sad music plays, Nick wanders off into the night.[/realspoiler:e32d43868d]

Also, no, the bad ending isn't what leads to the fourth game.

SilverWind on
    signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Goddammit.

[spoiler:5afcd976b7]During the part of Andrews' testimony where she testifies about how she poured the juice for Corrida, she says he's "slumped in the corner".

I objected on the basis of the crime photo. He's in a chair not "in the corner". But it didn't take. what the fuck?[/spoiler:5afcd976b7]

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    PoochPooch Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Goddammit.

[spoiler:8b2b52bbbe]During the part of Andrews' testimony where she testifies about how she poured the juice for Corrida, she says he's "slumped in the corner".

I objected on the basis of the crime photo. He's in a chair not "in the corner". But it didn't take. what the fuck?[/spoiler:8b2b52bbbe]
    Is this also the part where she says [spoiler:8b2b52bbbe]she didn't think he was dead at the time?

If yeah, then the crime photo might say otherwise.[/spoiler:8b2b52bbbe]

Pooch on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Pooch wrote:
    Goddammit.

[spoiler:fe701ddddc]During the part of Andrews' testimony where she testifies about how she poured the juice for Corrida, she says he's "slumped in the corner".

I objected on the basis of the crime photo. He's in a chair not "in the corner". But it didn't take. what the fuck?[/spoiler:fe701ddddc]
    Is this also the part where she says [spoiler:fe701ddddc]she didn't think he was dead at the time?

If yeah, then the crime photo might say otherwise.[/spoiler:fe701ddddc]
    [spoiler:fe701ddddc]Oh, I got it. I just got the wrong detail.[/spoiler:fe701ddddc]

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Pooch wrote:
    Goddammit.

[spoiler:316158f1e5]During the part of Andrews' testimony where she testifies about how she poured the juice for Corrida, she says he's "slumped in the corner".

I objected on the basis of the crime photo. He's in a chair not "in the corner". But it didn't take. what the fuck?[/spoiler:316158f1e5]
    Is this also the part where she says [spoiler:316158f1e5]she didn't think he was dead at the time?

If yeah, then the crime photo might say otherwise.[/spoiler:316158f1e5]
    [spoiler:316158f1e5]Oh, I got it. I just got the wrong detail.[/spoiler:316158f1e5]

yeah, there's a lot of stuff like that in the game, like [spoiler:316158f1e5] the cape is purple! and he wasnt in the corner![/spoiler:316158f1e5]

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited February 2007
    I can't stop replaying this game and I don't know why.

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    TVs_FrankTVs_Frank Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Pooch wrote:
    Goddammit.

[spoiler:254751ec5b]During the part of Andrews' testimony where she testifies about how she poured the juice for Corrida, she says he's "slumped in the corner".

I objected on the basis of the crime photo. He's in a chair not "in the corner". But it didn't take. what the fuck?[/spoiler:254751ec5b]
    Is this also the part where she says [spoiler:254751ec5b]she didn't think he was dead at the time?

If yeah, then the crime photo might say otherwise.[/spoiler:254751ec5b]
    [spoiler:254751ec5b]Oh, I got it. I just got the wrong detail.[/spoiler:254751ec5b]

yeah, there's a lot of stuff like that in the game, like [spoiler:254751ec5b] the cape is purple! and he wasnt in the corner![/spoiler:254751ec5b]

[spoiler:254751ec5b]Come ON! The monkey did it! He could lift the damn bust!!![/spoiler:254751ec5b]

TVs_Frank on
  • Options
    scootchscootch Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Senor Fish wrote:
    [realspoiler:b495545ebd]Maya dies? Phoenix becomes a drunk bastard because of it, huh.[/realspoiler:b495545ebd]
    [realspoiler:b495545ebd]Phoenix botches the final evidence, Engarde is found innocent, cheering and confetti and all. Phoenix skips town and goes into hiding without ever seeing Maya again, although he finds out she was freed unharmed. He later reads in a paper that Adrian Andrews is convicted for the murder of Juan Corrida. Sad music plays, Nick wanders off into the night.[/realspoiler:b495545ebd]

thats... oh god. Thats really depressing :(

scootch on
    TF2 stats
    PSN: super_emu
    Xbox360 Gamertag: Emuchop
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    scootch wrote:
    Senor Fish wrote:
    [realspoiler:fce18689ae]Maya dies? Phoenix becomes a drunk bastard because of it, huh.[/realspoiler:fce18689ae]
    [realspoiler:fce18689ae]Phoenix botches the final evidence, Engarde is found innocent, cheering and confetti and all. Phoenix skips town and goes into hiding without ever seeing Maya again, although he finds out she was freed unharmed. He later reads in a paper that Adrian Andrews is convicted for the murder of Juan Corrida. Sad music plays, Nick wanders off into the night.[/realspoiler:fce18689ae]

The good ending, on the other hand, was pretty neat. A satisfying conclusion to a case that really changed the direction of everything.

Furu on
  • Options
    eaglearchereaglearcher Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Furu wrote:
    scootch wrote:
    Senor Fish wrote:
    [realspoiler:a53a0ac71e]Maya dies? Phoenix becomes a drunk bastard because of it, huh.[/realspoiler:a53a0ac71e]
    [realspoiler:a53a0ac71e]Phoenix botches the final evidence, Engarde is found innocent, cheering and confetti and all. Phoenix skips town and goes into hiding without ever seeing Maya again, although he finds out she was freed unharmed. He later reads in a paper that Adrian Andrews is convicted for the murder of Juan Corrida. Sad music plays, Nick wanders off into the night.[/realspoiler:a53a0ac71e]

The good ending, on the other hand, was pretty neat. A satisfying conclusion to a case that really changed the direction of everything.

[spoiler:a53a0ac71e]Still no hug and kisses.[/spoiler:a53a0ac71e]

I demand Edgeworth/Franziska fan art
    PS: I keel you if you post Edgeworth/Phoenix Yaoi art.

eaglearcher on
  • Options
    scootchscootch Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Furu wrote:
    scootch wrote:
    Senor Fish wrote:
    [realspoiler:02c43b0b7d]Maya dies? Phoenix becomes a drunk bastard because of it, huh.[/realspoiler:02c43b0b7d]
    [realspoiler:02c43b0b7d]Phoenix botches the final evidence, Engarde is found innocent, cheering and confetti and all. Phoenix skips town and goes into hiding without ever seeing Maya again, although he finds out she was freed unharmed. He later reads in a paper that Adrian Andrews is convicted for the murder of Juan Corrida. Sad music plays, Nick wanders off into the night.[/realspoiler:02c43b0b7d]

yah.. I got the good ending. hearing about the sad ending, I'm really glad that I didn't get it.

scootch on
    TF2 stats
    PSN: super_emu
    Xbox360 Gamertag: Emuchop