As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pax Arcadia: An Alliance PVE Guild on Draenor (US)

• Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    It was nice coming back for a bit, but my weekdays are full up, so no raiding for me right now. I figure I'll get my stuff enchanted and ready, but mostly I'll just be popping on to get Molten Front shenanigans and weekly VP out of the way for the next couple months.

That said, if y'all are ever short DPS for a weekend run give me a yell on Steam.

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    knightblade87knightblade87 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2011
    hey, i am thinking of rolling a worgen hunter or rouge, will there be space for me as a casral level uper.

knightblade87 on
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    How are you guys doing with Nefarian? My guild on another server tried like the past two nights for like 4 hours combined and only got him down to 30%. Part of me is like 'my skills are wasted on these chumps' but the other part of me is like 'its just a game, that and I dont wanna find another guild'

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    CreidhesCreidhes Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Riokenn wrote: »
    How are you guys doing with Nefarian? My guild on another server tried like the past two nights for like 4 hours combined and only got him down to 30%. Part of me is like 'my skills are wasted on these chumps' but the other part of me is like 'its just a game, that and I dont wanna find another guild'

We're mostly doing Firelands these days. I'm assuming, by the awesome chumpatude, that you're DPS?

Creidhes on
  • Options
    LeftOnRedLeftOnRed Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, we haven't bothered with Nef since Firelands hit. We're wiping there a lot instead.

LeftOnRed on
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Creidhes wrote: »
    Riokenn wrote: »

We're mostly doing Firelands these days. I'm assuming, by the awesome chumpatude, that you're DPS?

Top O'tha Meter Boyo!

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    dobilaydobilay Registered User regular
    And we're back.

• Options
    The forums are back... still not raiding. :)

• Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Test

Oh what, we can't delete posts?

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    Shannox is dead!
    Long live simple-dog.

• Options
    avifalafelavifalafel BostonRegistered User regular
    Hello all!
    First time caller, long time listener here.
    I've been into WoW since the beginning, and I only have 2 85's and ZERO raiding experience to show for it. Actually, thats not entirely true. One time I raided Onyxia back when it was for lvl 60's - and got yelled at that I was either healing too much or not enough at the specific points. Another time I raided Onyxia (again) when I was 85, but actually downed her. It was a pathetic win, since I lagged out, and then jumped back in right at the end. I've been off and on WoW going on for 5+ years now - more off than on.

I'm looking to come back. Start fresh. Make one character and just plow through to 85 (I tend to get altitis a lot). No transferring. No heirlooms. No starting with gold.

I'm also on the east coast which tends to be an issue sometimes. Anywho, I'm looking for an amazingly casual guild who loves to just help each other out, have fun, and have a great time. I would love to experience some of that older content that I never got a chance to (AQ20, Black Temple, Ulduar, etc...). I would, eventually, like to raid - but I think pick up raids is where I would be most comfortable. Anywho, I'm not looking for anything hardcore - just some internet strangers that I can have fun with and become friends with.

Would Clawshrimp and Co and I be a good fit?

• Options
    Plenty of casual players in Clawshromp including many that never raid. If you're cool with dick jokes and pants-on-head wipe fests, you'll fit in just fine. Summer's tend to be quieter with alot of folks returning in the fall and a large portion of the guild is in the EST.

There's usually plenty of interest in running the old dungeons (we have a few cheevo hors).

• Options
    avifalafelavifalafel BostonRegistered User regular
    Wiping, like dick jokes, are a part of life.
    Once I re-sub (which is probably in the upcoming weeks), who should I contact in-game to beg for an invite?

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    Th officers on in order of frequency
    Rocterros
    Noisymunk
    Cellophane
    Jermy
    Criedhe

• Options
    Rocterros
    Noisymunk
    Cellophane
    Jermy
    Criedhe

So mean.

• Options
    AfroJAfroJ Registered User regular
    Creidhes wrote:
    Rocterros
    Noisymunk
    Cellophane
    Jermy
    Criedhe

So mean.

I'm on quite a bit more now that I'm a hobo. Usually weekday mornings and a bit in the afternoon depending on how much VP I can earn.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    who'ru?

don't hit me.

• Options
    I'm pretty sure that's Jermy.

• Options
    you all need to put your character names in your sig so I know who to make fun of.

• Options
    How the hell did I make it into the middle tier of officer activity? Clearly this list is deeply flawed.

Also, /join PA when you're on Draenor and someone will probably get you an invite if we're on. Failing that, reference the deeply flawed list above.

• Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    I'm under the weather (both literally and figuratively) so I won't be providing free food and a sick buff for your raid tonight.

• Options
    polaris314polaris314 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I've started playing this again as well, since I recently acquired a decent gaming machine for myself again. I hadn't so much as even logged in since before Lich King came out, so I'm getting the benefit of experiencing the core stuff again in completely different ways. I started a couple characters on Draenor and I'd love to get them in the PA guild, if for no other reason than to have the comfort of familiar "voices" in the chat - but also to be free of having to decline guild invites from strangers.

I'd probably be interested at getting back into raiding at some point as well, so as far as which character I should prioritize, are you guys significantly short for any class? I've got a 25-ish Druid going and a Mage at around 15 so far, but I wouldn't have a problem firing up another to fill a needed role down the line. Druid was the first class I took to the cap in the beginning so I felt it would be appropriate to go that path again since I'm basically starting fresh. But it's all coming back to me rather quickly so I'm not to attached to any one class in particular at the moment.

I'll be (finally) going to PAX this year also so it will be nice to get to know some of you a little better in-game before meeting those that are also going.

I'll join the PA chat when I login shortly.

polaris314 on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL/PSN-Polaris314/Twitter/DJ P0LARI5
  • Options
    Kreutz wrote:
    I'm under the weather (both literally and figuratively) so I won't be providing free food and a sick buff for your raid tonight.

...Vanzur?

• Options
    polaris314 wrote:
    I've started playing this again as well, since I recently acquired a decent gaming machine for myself again. I hadn't so much as even logged in since before Lich King came out, so I'm getting the benefit of experiencing the core stuff again in completely different ways. I started a couple characters on Draenor ......I'll join the PA chat when I login shortly.

Did you get an invite last night? Wednesday night is raid night, so it's possible your hello got lost in the raid spam.
    I do believe the Clawshrimps aren't going to Prime this year as a collective. However, there are plans to meet up at PAX East 2012.

And like many have said before... roll whatever character you like to play. A healer that likes to heal is worth ten healers that would rather DPS.

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Creidhes wrote:
    polaris314 wrote:
    I've started playing this again as well, since I recently acquired a decent gaming machine for myself again. I hadn't so much as even logged in since before Lich King came out, so I'm getting the benefit of experiencing the core stuff again in completely different ways. I started a couple characters on Draenor ......I'll join the PA chat when I login shortly.

Did you get an invite last night? Wednesday night is raid night, so it's possible your hello got lost in the raid spam.
    I do believe the Clawshrimps aren't going to Prime this year as a collective. However, there are plans to meet up at PAX East 2012.

And like many have said before... roll whatever character you like to play. A healer that likes to heal is worth ten healers that would rather DPS.

I didn't actually end up asking in the chat last night, but I did realize after backtracking in the thread a bit that you guys would likely have been raiding so I didn't want to bother anyone (plus I still wasn't sure which character I wanted to add first). I'm working from home today so if I have some downtime I'll login and see who is around.

Good to know about the general class philosophy - I happen to agree quite a bit.

polaris314 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, we're pretty flexible with classes. There are enough of us that are happy playing whatever that we can usually make space, especially for tanks and healers.

I don't think we will have much of a crew (any?) at PAX this year, but we're expecting double digits at east.

LeftOnRed on
  • Options
    I live on the west coast, so Prime is the more practical option for me. But going to east is certainly a possibility at some point.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    when is east again?

• Options
    antheremantherem Registered User regular
    when is east again?
    Easter weekend, the 6th of April I think.

• Options
    antherem wrote:
    when is east again?
    Easter weekend, the 6th of April I think.

Yurp. April 6-8th.

• Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    Regarding Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Seems there's a bunch of us that are looking to play. A group of my friends have a guild pre-made, if any of you are interested in joining the Republic. A few of you might remember Astrastar (Smitty) the druid, it's his group of friends.

http://www.swtor.com/guilds/10192/vanguard-republic

I'll put some info in the OP, too.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    Character Name: Malfezance
    Item(s) Awarded: Chaos Orb

MOB killed: Rajh

It has been brought to our attention that you were in a party or raid that has experienced a looting issue.

After investigating the situation we were able to award the item above. You will find the item in your mailbox as an attachment. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have been caused.

Thank you again for contacting us. We hope you continue to enjoy your experience in World of Warcraft!
    I'll be home in about 45 minutes.

• Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Do you guys still have some warm bodies filling the ranks on a regular basis? At least in the evenings? I have a healy drood on hordeside Draenor that I was thinking about swapping over to Worgen (because Wolf is the new Cow furry fiction fave) for kicks, and I'd rather not have to sift through all the clutter that is the the guild finder only to end up in a leveling guild full of racist idiot children, a social guild with 2 members, or a raiding guild that asks for daily parsing logs on my performance. As a raider, I'm strictly the "man, he's the only healer on right now, and I think he's been drinking a little bit" guy, but I do love me some 5 man runs and generally being mouthy with like-minded fellows and fellowesses.

• Options
    "man, he's the only healer on right now, and I think he's been drinking a little bit"

That job is already filled. TYVM. :)

But really... no really... It's quiet times for us in the summer months, but we still usually raid twice a week. Most folks are on after 9pm EST. There are plenty of casual players that don't raid and just as many folks that only log in for raid nights. *cough*

• Options
    EmporiumEmporium Registered User regular
    Hope you don't mind enough meme usage to kill a rhinoceros and the occasional Mass Effect fanfic bedtime story.

• Options
    <3 Mass Effect fanfic bedtime story <3

• Options
    We have never used memes. Ever.

• Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    I believe we still have a member of the guild named Twodadsbro.

• Options
    notmetalenoughnotmetalenough Registered User regular
    Well, sorta.

Samael the Radiant Faced-- Official Naming, Going Nuclear, Click on the Quest, Make She Run and Guild Measurements Officer - Clawshrimp & Co, Draenor-US
  • Options
    notmetalenoughnotmetalenough Registered User regular
    Anyone going to PAX this week?

Samael the Radiant Faced-- Official Naming, Going Nuclear, Click on the Quest, Make She Run and Guild Measurements Officer - Clawshrimp & Co, Draenor-US