As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

you like SCHOOL in the summertime (TFS&AMP'D COME TO SENSES, SAY AMERICA IS BEST)

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I am taking two community college Spanish classes in 6 week blocks. I hope it is just like Community complete with Senor Chang.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2010
    learnedhand, inhale a bundle of cocks, tia

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I am sixteen years old and just finished reading the Fountainhead.

Squall on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Getting a job and moving to England is hardly hopping a steamer for Pago Pago

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I've gotten plenty of action just on being American. A lot of "accent" nonsense. Many of the ladies like the accent. But not just the accent. I've had success from women who like the "American personality" (whatever that is) or "American mentality".

In England? Half of the English love Americans, half hate Americans. 50-50 chance.

Liiya on
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    redhead wrote: »
    this was a good use of 30 minutes

well, it made me laugh, so that's something.

especially the part about embodying the spirit of the great pioneers.

bowtiedseal on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Liiya wrote: »
    I've gotten plenty of action just on being American. A lot of "accent" nonsense. Many of the ladies like the accent. But not just the accent. I've had success from women who like the "American personality" (whatever that is) or "American mentality".

In England? Half of the English love Americans, half hate Americans. 50-50 chance.

I imagine you'd have the same odds in a lot of countries
    But that's probably just crazy talk!

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Kadith wrote: »
    I think the laugh comes too soon, maybe a bigger pause before it would help make it more natural feeling.

Really? Like the actual motion?

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I just turned in my Digital Narrative Composition portfolio.

I can no longer claim to be a writer

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    That part about the American Mentality. Is that about putting the P in the V? It is, isn't it.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

I imagine you'd have the same odds in a lot of countries
    But that's probably just crazy talk!

True! It's rare for other countries to like us, so it's an appealing thing!

Liiya on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2010
    Monkeyfeet wrote: »
    I just turned in my Digital Narrative Composition portfolio.

I can no longer claim to be a writer

you're a writer as long as you keep writing

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    SaammielSaammiel Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Also, to tie this up with the girlfriend lessons that should be taught in high school, if you move abroad, your prospects go up considerably. Whatever kind of ladies you went for in your homeland...aim higher. You can do it.

Look at what your terrible immigration laws have wrought upon you England! Gaze upon this and despair.

Also, I don't believe for a second that you got a lot of action after going on your Randian heroic journey. Not for a second.

Saammiel on
  • Options
    MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Lilya I'm going to school in Canterbury next year. Teach me things about being English

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    well looks like I'll be getting up at 5 tomorrow morning if I want to do well in this thing

FAQ on
  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Veretas wrote: »
    Kadith wrote: »
    I think the laugh comes too soon, maybe a bigger pause before it would help make it more natural feeling.

Really? Like the actual motion?

No, I was thinking the actual pacing of the dialog, it matches the audio just fine.

Looking at it again and maybe it's just me but it sounds like he should be going backwards on an inhale at the beginning of the laugh rather than leaning forwards?

Kadith on
    zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    LearnedHand shows all the women his webcomic and they practically throw themselves at him.

tKadith, I can't change the audio dog, that's just how it is straight from the film.

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    SniperLogicSniperLogic ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Monoxide wrote: »
    actually, that's the one thing that will probably drive me out of chicago eventually

the winter fucking sucks, and summer gets way too hot

we compensate by having an awesome street festival like every weekend from may to september though

And now that the Eisenhower is completely torn apart, all the assholes from the West suburbs are unable to crowd them out!
    I live in the west suburbs.

now all we need to do is shut down the Metra and you suburbanites will have to start your own weekend festivals!

actually, now that the Eisenhower is torn apart, all of the assholes that live in the city are taking the Kennedy instead and fucking up my commute from near the loop to the northwest suburbs. it shouldn't take 45-60 fucking minutes to get from Division to Montrose at 7am, it should take 15-20. I want my highway back so I can stop driving almost the entire length of Lincoln Ave. every day. :x

This, or some version of this, is now the official story of every goddamn Chicago resident. Some way, some how, travel times are doubled. I am equal parts in Chicago (academic office) and Schaumburg (corporate office) and it hardly matters - both are completely fucked backwards and forwards.

SniperLogic on
    Steam/PSN: StandrdDeviation
    BNet: StandrdError#1826
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I love the idea of satisfying your desire for liberty and adventure and your good old-fashioned American pioneering spirit by using your ancestry to move back to fucking Europe

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Seems like he's going backwards by going to England.

No offense to our British members.

Yukira on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Yukira wrote: »

The plan is working

We will have our Empire again

Liiya on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    I love the idea of satisfying your desire for liberty and adventure and your good old-fashioned American pioneering spirit by using your ancestry to move back to fucking Europe

:^: This made me laugh too hard.

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yukira wrote: »

The plan is working

Fuck.

Yukira on
  • Options
    SaammielSaammiel Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

The plan is working

How could we even hope to compete with an Empire built upon LearnedHand?

The pluck, the verve, the joi de vivre. It would be magnificent.

Saammiel on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    LH, you know what's even further away from the US than London? Iran.

You should try picking up chicks there. They love American mentality just as much.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    MafMaf Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hey Veretas, I found a video that might be worth looking at. The Toy Story thing reminded me of a scene where Woody laughs hard like your guy, so I found it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9XVEgNOHZE&feature=related

It's right at the end.

Maf on
  • Options
    JigrahJigrah Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Now Iran is a place with huge potential for action.

Jigrah on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Recently I've been looking into applying to the FBI

But it appears if I've smoked pot at any point in the past 3 years then I'm not eligible to work for them

Even though it was one time last year

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    DavoidDavoid Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So I learned by reading this that the sole purpose of education, your personal choices, and the meaning of life in general is to convince yourself you're better off than people you knew. This is "winning".

Davoid on
    rqv6.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010

But it appears if I've smoked pot at any point in the past 3 years then I'm not eligible to work for them

Most people tend to lie about stuff like that, which is disconcerting when you think about it.

Jigrah on
  • Options
    MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2010
    actually, that's the one thing that will probably drive me out of chicago eventually

the winter fucking sucks, and summer gets way too hot

we compensate by having an awesome street festival like every weekend from may to september though

And now that the Eisenhower is completely torn apart, all the assholes from the West suburbs are unable to crowd them out!
    I live in the west suburbs.

now all we need to do is shut down the Metra and you suburbanites will have to start your own weekend festivals!

actually, now that the Eisenhower is torn apart, all of the assholes that live in the city are taking the Kennedy instead and fucking up my commute from near the loop to the northwest suburbs. it shouldn't take 45-60 fucking minutes to get from Division to Montrose at 7am, it should take 15-20. I want my highway back so I can stop driving almost the entire length of Lincoln Ave. every day. :x

This, or some version of this, is now the official story of every goddamn Chicago resident. Some way, some how, travel times are doubled. I am equal parts in Chicago (academic office) and Schaumburg (corporate office) and it hardly matters - both are completely fucked backwards and forwards.

It's fucking ridiculous. I don't really understand why the Kennedy outbound is so bad, since inbound appears to be fine, or even better than it was. There isn't even any construction on the Kennedy, so it doesn't make much sense to me.

I'm hoping it evens out in a month or so when CPS gets out for the summer, since there'll be less people rushing to get their kids to school in the morning, but who knows if that'll actually help or not. I do know that I was making record times the week they were on spring break, but some new construction project will probably end up fucking it up again anyway.

Monoxide on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Jigrah wrote: »

Most people tend to lie about stuff like that, which is disconcerting when you think about it.

They put you through a polygraph test, man
    Those things may not be foolproof but I sure as hell ain't gonna be able to beat it

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Davoid wrote: »
    So I learned by reading this that the sole purpose of education, your personal choices, and the meaning of life in general is to convince yourself you're better off than people you knew. This is "winning".

And yet somehow, the more thought and effort you put toward "winning," the more of a loser you are.

I guess it's like The Game.

In that it's retarded.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Those things may not be foolproof but I sure as hell ain't gonna be able to beat it

Well then, I guess I was talking out of my ass. I didn't know they did automatic polygraph tests.

Jigrah on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Well then, I guess I was talking out of my ass. I didn't know they did automatic polygraph tests.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they do it as part of the interview process for all potential employees

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    PASSED MY PLACEMENT TEST WOOO

Squall on
  • Options
    RinderRinder Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Best thing about Britain...the chocolate. Our chocolate is just sad in comparison.

Rinder on
  • Options
    MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2010
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Davoid wrote: »

And yet somehow, the more thought and effort you put toward "winning," the more of a loser you are.

I guess it's like The Game.

In that it's retarded.

I thought that was a pretty good movie

Monoxide on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Wrong game

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    hey LearnedHand what is your job that you have "short hours to while away on the internet" or whatever it was you said

Skull Man on
This discussion has been closed.