As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

skate ....4???

• Options
    NaloutoNalouto Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    yeah I finally had some of my custom graphics upload to my game from EA's slow ass site... ...of course they upload just as I hit the last board milestone of the game...

D:

oh well at least I can freeskate with my own team logo finally.

(also am I lame for just loving easy mode? so much freedom to just go nuts on lines everywhere, VERY good for just chilling in freeskate/hanging out with friends (or, in my case females who may otherwise shun skate for being too twitchy.)

also loving the (new) unlockable hall of meat character.

Nalouto on
    :winky:
  • Options
    Mr ObersmithMr Obersmith Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Picked up a new headset today so as long as my cats don't eat it, you should be able to hear me again.

Mr Obersmith on
    Battle.net - Obersmith#1709
    Live - MrObersmith
    PSN - Obersmith
  • Options
    japhjaph Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    ya not accepting petitions at this time...gt is onlydubwillsavU

and u cant search in skate 3 coz the name is too long..damn if u search "The Lords" it works

japh on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    My girlfriend just sent a Lords membership request and i'll send one a bit later. All hail the dongtown.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    i hate you guys that can join. All I've wanted since being a youth was to join a fucking skate team.

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    alright i sold a million boards. still have a ton of challenges and stuff to do though. and i havent really even messed with the replay editor or anything. this game is a lot of fun, even if i am still pretty bad at it.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    RubycatRubycat Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    While trying to pull off the slide grinds (the more involved then just hold right/down/left/up I'm getting some failure due to late flips occurring) Bluntslides are seemingly hard

Rubycat on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN: Rubycat3 / NintentdoID: Rubycat
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    i hate you guys that can join. All I've wanted since being a youth was to join a fucking skate team.

I think I can send you an invite through the game.. your gamertag is 'troublebrewing'?

Maybe that will finally get this saga over.

edit - i'm not seeing join requests from darleysam or his woman either. Not sure what broke, this was working fine last week. just post your gamertag and I'll see if I can invite you directly.

xzzy on
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I like how EA hasn't updated my profile since the first day I played. I still don't have a picture.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Rubycat wrote: »
    While trying to pull off the slide grinds (the more involved then just hold right/down/left/up I'm getting some failure due to late flips occurring) Bluntslides are seemingly hard

It has a hooking motion.. you press up on the right thumbstick, then slide the thumbstick around to do a nose or blunt slide. Which direction you move depends on whether you're switch or not, and which end of the board you want to do the slide on.

In hardcore they can be pretty tricky to hold.. you really gotta jam the rail into the trucks to stay on, or you tend to slide off the rail.

xzzy on
  • Options
    Pablo the PenguinPablo the Penguin Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Lehman wrote: »
    I just picked my copy up about 20 minutes ago and I am on my phone right now and its a piece of shit so I was having trouble browsing the thread but I was just wondering if there is a PS3 team set up and how I go about joining it. Also feel free to add me on PSN(LehmanCM) my tag is in my sig but just put PA or something in the request because I have been getting alot of random friend requests recently.

There isn't one as far as I can tell Q_Q

Pablo the Penguin on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    im on the ps3, but im on a team with some IRL friends already. i would be up for skating around whenever though, if anyone wants to add me. my psn is Ah_Pook

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    GT - TroubleBrewin

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    xzzy wrote: »

I think I can send you an invite through the game.. your gamertag is 'troublebrewing'?

Maybe that will finally get this saga over.

edit - i'm not seeing join requests from darleysam or his woman either. Not sure what broke, this was working fine last week. just post your gamertag and I'll see if I can invite you directly.

Hrm, wonder what the problem is. We are DustAndEchoes77 and beckyface.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So I take it the LoD crew is full? Have we got room for one more or should I make a splinter group?

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I dunno but we arent getting accepted in the other one. Maybe try and make it open. Sounds like a good idea.

japh on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Okay, I can only invite people to the team who are on my friends list, so I added the three gamertags that got posted and sent invites.. let me know if the invites aren't showing up. Not sure what I'll do if they don't, but I did everything in my power. :)

This will put us at 10 people in the team, so we got room for 2 more. First come first serve!

I'm not seeing any pending invites on the team page, so if you're trying to get in.. I'm not ignoring you, it's just the website being shitty. Post your gamertag and I'll try my best.

xzzy on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    So I see you guys took my friend invites, but aren't showing up in the team.. did you not get invites to the team?

Fuck EA and their shitty multiplayer code. :(

edit - i see the team invites are still pending on the website. Maybe you have to accept invites through the game? Not sure.

xzzy on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    yay I got the invite (after several attempts connecting to EA's site)!

Mine showed up in game.

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    toss me one
    GT's in the sig

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I guess I'll just make a B team roster then. I mean I haven't jumped online yet anyway.
    Any name suggestions?
    Also, where's my skate park with the Wang shaped pool?

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The Dukes of Dongtown

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Not loaded up the game yet, will give it a shot later when i'm in from work. Also, who is the other guy who sent us both a friends request?

Edit: it was japh! Also, how about Tu Wang Clan?

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I'll send out invites tonight when I get home from work.. I can only do friends list invites through the game.

xzzy on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Nocren wrote: »
    Also, where's my skate park with the Wang shaped pool?

I feel as if this duty is my destiny.

It will be done.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I've been neglecting my skate duties. That will be remedied this week for sure. I'm up for jumping in any team that has room. GT: IronSquirrel

AngrySquirrel on
    Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
  • Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Pick this up yesterday after trying out the demo on Friday. So far it's been a lot of fun, but man do I suck at the game. At least I think I do.
    And I haven't been able to tell, but does your equipment affect your abilities in any way? Sort of like certain clubs in EA golf game affect stats. Part of me hopes this does happen, it would make my pitiful racing ability seem less pitiful.
    Anyhow, if anyone wants to skate together online, PSN is Bolthorn.

Bolthorn on
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    i don't think your equipment affects anything other than looks.

you can, however, modify some characteristics of your board - wheel and truck looseness or something like that. I just left mine on default.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Wheel hardness and truck tightness can actually give you pretty significant results depending on what you mostly do in the game. For example, set your trucks as loose as you can and head down a mega ramp or a huge hill. Your board gets all squirrely underneath you and you're way more likely to have it lose control in a turn. The wobbly action the board's giving you also hampers your speed somewhat.

Harder wheels in this scenario would also result in the board not having as much grip, so any turns you try to make have a higher chance of the wheels sliding when you turn instead of gripping the surface as you make the arc you need to make. The softest wheels would grip the surface the best, allowing for the smoothest turns, but at the same time the grip is so much that it actually slows the wheels down somewhat.

For most occasions, some balance in the middle will suit you just fine. Doesn't hurt to experiment with it to find something to your liking though.

Also I'm really hoping I can get online at a more reasonable time tonight for some skate shenanigans. Otherwise I may just step out of the group for now, let some others who aren't going to be immersed in Alan Wake and RDR join up. Sucks my last week's schedule hasn't let me do much online at all though.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I like it when you're starting a deathrace and the dude is like "hold up I have to tighten my trucks". Which reminds me of Gleaming the Cube.

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    They really do hammer in the "tighten your trucks, dammit!" thing in this game.

I've heard it many times.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Okay I sent out invites to everyone who asked for one.. I think there's more invites out than slots available, so it's first come first serve.

I couldn't invite bolthorn, because apparently he hasn't played the game yet? I can only invite people who have a skate 3 profile, apparently.

xzzy on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Okay I sent out invites to everyone who asked for one.. I think there's more invites out than slots available, so it's first come first serve.

I couldn't invite bolthorn, because apparently he hasn't played the game yet? I can only invite people who have a skate 3 profile, apparently.

Could it be because I'm the PS3? Does it have to be a different group for each platform?
    And I could have sworn the several hours I played yesterday and trophies I earned means I have played. haha. That is odd if it's showing up that way and isn't platform specific.

Bolthorn on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    its platform specific. bolthorn i dunno if youre on my friends list any more but if you wanna skate around add me, im Ah_Pook. ive been playing this a lot, and im up for challenges and silliness pretty much whenever im on. have you got a mic?

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    its platform specific. bolthorn i dunno if youre on my friends list any more but if you wanna skate around add me, im Ah_Pook. ive been playing this a lot, and im up for challenges and silliness pretty much whenever im on. have you got a mic?

Yeah, I've got a mic. I know you were on there at one point. I think you might still be. If not I'll send you an add. To be honest though, with a 4 month old and project at work that's way behind schedule, I may not be around much this week.

Bolthorn on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    hey so someone give me some help on the thrasher challenge Thar She Blows, where you have to transfer hip to hip in some pool. i cant do that shit for the life of me.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Wang is a bad word on Live. Tu Wang Clan is out

Dukes of Dongtown it is:

Nocren beat me to it. Nocren send me an invite. gt: onlydubwillsaveU

japh on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    We're buddies on live now, I'll figure out the site tomorrow and play around with some things.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Bolthorn wrote: »

Could it be because I'm the PS3? Does it have to be a different group for each platform?
    And I could have sworn the several hours I played yesterday and trophies I earned means I have played. haha. That is odd if it's showing up that way and isn't platform specific.

Well apparently there's some guy on xbox live named bolthorn who got the invite instead!

(the last game he played was assassin's creed)

xzzy on
  • Options
    edited May 2010