As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CoH] Team Night - Wednesdays 8-10cst

• Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Well, probably because I doubt many people here actually go shopping on new comic book day.

Scooter on
  • Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Scooter wrote:
    Well, probably because I doubt many people here actually go shopping on new comic book day.

You don't think many people who play a game about superheroes buy comic books?

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Actually, no, I don't think very many do. Probably less who go out and do it right away.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Okay, well that unshakeable logic aside, I know of at least two people who are interested in doing this who have concerns about it being on new comic day. Is there an actual reason for it being on new comic day as opposed to any other day of the week?

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Framling wrote:
    Okay, well that unshakeable logic aside, I know of at least two people who are interested in doing this who have concerns about it being on new comic day. Is there an actual reason for it being on new comic day as opposed to any other day of the week?
    Because new comicbook day works for the majority of the posters on the Board?

Of course, I don't think there'd be much of a problem with someone showing up 15-20 minutes late because they had to pick up the latest comic book.

see317 on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I only buy TPBs and I tend to order those online. I can't remember the last time I set foot in my local comic shop.

Anyway Wednesday was chosen because it fits my, er...most, people's schedule. I'm game for pushing the start time back to 9cst but I'm worried the ending time of 11cst would be too late for any ESTers who work earlyi n the morning.

Accualt on
  • Options
    PbPb Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Accualt wrote:
    I only buy TPBs and I tend to order those online. I can't remember the last time I set foot in my local comic shop.

Anyway Wednesday was chosen because it fits my, er...most, people's schedule. I'm game for pushing the start time back to 9cst but I'm worried the ending time of 11cst would be too late for any ESTers who work earlyi n the morning.

Yeah, 11PM is already when I'm shuffling off to bed, so midnight would be kind of a problem.

Pb on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    What Fram and I are concerned about is that if we show up 15-20 minutes late, we'll have trouble getting on a team, but if we leave before 8, there's a chance you'll all keep playing past the set end time and our characters will fall behind in levels.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    We may have enough people for more than one team.

Also, Accualt, add me as :
    Operative Overlord Inv/EM Tank
    OR
    Star Tripper Rad/Elec Def

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Jordyn wrote:
    What Fram and I are concerned about is that if we show up 15-20 minutes late, we'll have trouble getting on a team, but if we leave before 8, there's a chance you'll all keep playing past the set end time and our characters will fall behind in levels.

I don't think showing up 20 minutes late will be a problem, we'll split into two teams if we have more than eight people on. If anyone falls behind because they miss a week it shouldn't really matter, we'll obviously have SK spots. If someone falls behind and wants to they can play outside of the "regular hours" until they catch up.

The night is just about trying to fill up global chat with as many people as we can, something fun to do. Personally I hope people show up early or stay late and play their regular Virtue characters.

Accualt on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Well, Fram's gonna try just going to work earlier on Wednesdays so he can leave earlier and we'll have enough time to the comic shop before stuff starts.

We made a couple characters.

Me: Kid Nice (Peacebringer)
    Fram: Psych-out (Ill/Kin Controller)

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    A thought: After each session, someone should drop in here and mention what the average level is, so anyone who wants to join in later can just make a new alt and get them up high enough, or so anyone who missed can get caught up. At least for the first few levels.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Add me as Starflight, archery/energy blaster.

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I made a grav/kin controller named Mister Impossible, but I won't be able to make it to the "debut". Hopefully I'll be able to catch up by next week.

CyberJackal on
  • Options
    BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Sinisteria, dark/dark defender.

Edit: I created her, skipped the Tutorial, and parked her at Atlas Park. I assume that's what everyone else is doing.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    All the names I could think of were taken, so Thesaurus to the rescue...

Incalescence your Fire/Kin controller.

see317 on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Framling wrote:
    A thought: After each session, someone should drop in here and mention what the average level is, so anyone who wants to join in later can just make a new alt and get them up high enough, or so anyone who missed can get caught up. At least for the first few levels.

:^:

I'll make a spot in the OP and update it each time.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Briareos wrote:

Edit: I created her, skipped the Tutorial, and parked her at Atlas Park. I assume that's what everyone else is doing.

We're starting at level 5, so you may want to level her up a bit if you haven't done so.

see317 on
  • Options
    HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    OK, I'm set. Add me as Loess - Earth/Storm controller

Would you guys kill me if I didn't take O2 Boost? I'd rather focus exclusively on control.

HarshLanguage on
    QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I wouldn't kill you, O2 boost is okay but I'm sure there are better powers to take first.

I think it is interesting we have THREE Kinetic Controllers, though. I don't think our melee need worry about dying. Ghost and I will probably be in debt city, though. Nothing abnormal there. :P

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Accualt wrote:
    I wouldn't kill you, O2 boost is okay but I'm sure there are better powers to take first.

I think it is interesting we have THREE Kinetic Controllers, though. I don't think our melee need worry about dying. Ghost and I will probably be in debt city, though. Nothing abnormal there. :P

Yeah, I was noticing we're a little light on damage dealers for some reason.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Framling wrote:
    Accualt wrote:

There's going to be so many buffs, debuffs and controls it won't matter. :P

HarshLanguage on
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
  • Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited January 2007

Would you guys kill me if I didn't take O2 Boost? I'd rather focus exclusively on control.

Earth/Storm is only for the cool people. Luckily you're marginally cool Harsh.

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Framling wrote:
    Accualt wrote:

There's going to be so many buffs, debuffs and controls it won't matter. :P

Also, once I get my army of imaginary bitches.

I am so fucking pumped for this character. Illusions/Kinetics? It's like 'powers of lies and thievery!'

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Gear Girl wrote:

Earth/Storm is only for the cool people. Luckily you're marginally cool Harsh.

You bet your ass. I was rockin' the sewers earlier, and I was all like 8) :^:

Seriously though, this is going to be fun. I'm not going to lie to you guys -- I'm pretty excited for Team Night. :D

HarshLanguage on
    > turn on light

• Options
    PodunkPodunk Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I've never played with any PA people (to my knowledge), but I loves me a team night. Think I could roll up a Scrapper and join you guys?

Podunk on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    see317 wrote:
    Briareos wrote:

We're starting at level 5, so you may want to level her up a bit if you haven't done so.

Oh damn. I don't know if I'll be able to before tomorrow. Tonight I've got my equivalent of Team Night in WoW.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Podunk wrote:
    I've never played with any PA people (to my knowledge), but I loves me a team night. Think I could roll up a Scrapper and join you guys?

Certainly, join on up.

Accualt on
  • Options
    GhostalkerGhostalker Registered User regular
    edited January 2007

As blaster I feel that this isn't ok in the slightest.

Ghostalker on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Ghostalker wrote:

Quick, one of you Kinetics Controllers go Empathy!
    We n33ds dur good Healzers!

Accualt on
  • Options
    PodunkPodunk Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Ok, character created. The Seventh Hand, Claws/Dark Scrapper. See you all tomorrow.

Podunk on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I got Sinisteria to level four last night, and unless RL interferes, I will be there tonight!

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Ghostalker wrote:

Sorry Ghost, as one of our few damage dealers, we'll need you doing as much damage as possible. For a blaster, that means we'll need you skirting the very edge of debt. Of course, that means you'll likely spend as much time face down on the pavement as not, but once we hit 20 and someone gets vengeance, we'll all thank you for your brave contribution to the cause.

see317 on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    see317 wrote:
    Ghostalker wrote:

Sorry Ghost, as one of our few damage dealers, we'll need you doing as much damage as possible. For a blaster, that means we'll need you skirting the very edge of debt. Of course, that means you'll likely spend as much time face down on the pavement as not, but once we hit 20 and someone gets vengeance, we'll all thank you for your brave contribution to the cause.

No respect I tell you. Where's Aegis when I need him?

Ghostalker on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Ghostalker wrote:
    see317 wrote:
    Ghostalker wrote:

So would this be a bad time to point out that we have only three people with rezzes listed? And two of them are Howling Twilight? And the third might not actually be there (Dys' defender, not there if he plays his tank)?

HarshLanguage on
    > turn on light

• Options
    edited January 2007
    Ghostalker wrote:
    see317 wrote:
    Ghostalker wrote:

So would this be a bad time to point out that we have only three people with rezzes listed? And two of them are Howling Twilight? And the third might not actually be there (Dys' defender, not there if he plays his tank)?

I prefer to look at the positive though.

Like this is a good time for you to roll an emp.

Ghostalker on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Someone buy me a timecard and I'll roll an Emp.

(someone here, maybe even two of you, owe me one)

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Normally I'd say screw it, we don't need an empathy guy. But I really had no idea how awesome Recovery Aura was until tonight. If Recovery Aura was a woman, I'd hit it.

So now I'm really worried. Someone needs to roll an emp.

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Ghostalker wrote:

I prefer to look at the positive though.

Like this is a good time for you to roll an emp.

Well, if you'd asked me 4 years ago, I would have. I used to always play healers. But playing a White Mage in FFXI brutally removed any desire I had to ever be a primary healer ever again.

So I guess I'm saying, if you die, blame SquareEnix.

HarshLanguage on
    > turn on light

• Options
    edited January 2007
    lets do this thing, fellas.

Accualt on