As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Real railgun successfully tested

• Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007

To be honest I thought about making Kim Jong Il, but luckily reason and sanity prevailed.

And Chairman Meow is fucking retarded.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    ZeroFill wrote:
    then you're allowed to talk like this. Let's not forget you're posting from a computer, and the internet, neither of which are essentials and are very much luxuries that you enjoy as we speak.
    Hey, it must be real hard to make posts like that Richie Rich.

Chairman Meow is genius in an insane sort of way.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    Chairman MeowChairman Meow Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    :3

Chairman Meow on
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    It's a well known fact that there are only two chapters in the Defender playbook, those being:
    1) Non-stop Debate
    2) Poop

3) Martial Arts Stuff

"Cockfuckery" is not a separate entry, for those who are wondering. It is like a seasoning that is applied to all items on the menu, but it is not its own entree.

Defender on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Defender wrote:
    If you shit 16 oz (1 pound) per day, you shit 365 pounds per year. China has over a billion people, so...wow. Hundreds of billions of pounds of fecal matter escape from the collective buttcracks of the Chinese people each year.
    Not this again.
    India will overtake us (population-wise) in two decades, max. Don't worry.

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited January 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    That was pretty awesome TFS do not get your panties in a bunch

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    ZeroFill wrote:
    then you're allowed to talk like this. Let's not forget you're posting from a computer, and the internet, neither of which are essentials and are very much luxuries that you enjoy as we speak.

little little red book

srsly tho

I guess it's cool to be all idealistic and altruistic while browsing the internet in your own climate-controlled home, snacking on cheetos and raining down fire and brimstone on the working-class for not supporting the rest of the population

canada is awesome, I've been there quite a few times:

there is a huge amount of social assistance programs in place

there is universal healthcare

there are fucking homeless people and drug addicts everywhere in Vancouver and Victoria

wtf, WTF.

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Chairman Meow is a genius

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Kusuguttai wrote:

this is how it starts you know

enjoy your communal showers

mrpaku on
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    let's re-rail this

I don't want to fight, lets just be internetfriends
    ...compared that force to hitting a target with a Ford Taurus at 380 mph. "It will take out a building," he said."

taurusjl1.jpg

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    How the hell are you supposed to aim a cannon at a missle?

How, railgun inventors? How?

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    mrpaku wrote:
    Kusuguttai wrote:

We have communal showers in my dorm :(

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    mrpaku wrote:
    Kusuguttai wrote:

that just leads the shy people to shower less often, making them stink, making them more shy, making them shower even less

slippery slope

potatoe on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    mrpaku wrote:
    Kusuguttai wrote:

does it ever get all Undressed in there? :winky:

if not i'm sorry those are horrible conditions to live in

mrpaku on
  • Options
    PkmoutlPkmoutl Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    ZeroFill wrote:
    ZeroFill wrote:

little little red book

srsly tho

I guess it's cool to be all idealistic and altruistic while browsing the internet in your own climate-controlled home, snacking on cheetos and raining down fire and brimstone on the working-class for not supporting the rest of the population

there are fucking homeless people and drug addicts everywhere in Vancouver and Victoria

wtf, WTF.

Not as many as there are in say Detroit, Chicago or New York, I'd wager.

The thing is, Universal Health Care requires that you actually get up and go to it, it isn't going to come to you. You want assistance? You have to go ask for it, they aren't going to wander around with a fucking sandwich board sign solicitiing it.

And as for your other post, I do own a house. I do pay my taxes. But unlike you, I understand what those taxes actually provide.

Pkmoutl on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    potatoe wrote:
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    mrpaku wrote:
    Kusuguttai wrote:

that just leads the shy people to shower less often, making them stink, making them more shy, making them shower even less

slippery slope
    (you have described my situation. I shower at very odd times now to avoid confrontation. One time I was showering by myself and like 5 dudes walked in and were all talking to each other. WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT IN THE SHOWER?)

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    How the hell are you supposed to aim a cannon at a missle?

How, railgun inventors? How?

The 125mm railgun works much the same as its big brother except that it is considerably faster but also less powerful. The accurate range of railguns is very good, but due to technical limitations it cannot use onboard guidance. This results in a fairly rapid drop in accuracy at extreme ranges. Requires hybrid ammo types: antimatter, iridium, iron, lead, plutonium, thorium, tungsten, uranium.

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Pkmoutl wrote:
    ZeroFill wrote:
    ZeroFill wrote:

little little red book

srsly tho

wtf, WTF.

The thing is, Universal Health Care requires that you actually get up and go to it, it isn't going to come to you. You want assistance? You have to go ask for it, they aren't going to wander around with a fucking sandwich board sign solicitiing it.

And as for your other post, I do own a house. I do pay my taxes. But unlike you, I understand what those taxes actually provide.

what exactly is it you think, that I don't understand my taxes provide

there are huge amounts of the money go to local infrastructure needs, services that are necessities such as running water, and also social needs, such as emergency rooms, welfare, job placement programs, halfway houses, and homeless shelters. I'm not begrudging the money being used for these purposes, but shitting all over people for not giving MORE is ridiculous.

and you proved the pervading point all on your own, there is help out there for those who are not lazy.

Why is it that for myself, and plenty of other people, you could strip us down, take every last cent we had, everything we owned, put us in a completely unknown urban setting, and we'd survive, we'd get back on our feet, we'd eventually regain what was lost? Yet others choose to panhandle or otherwise accept their current situation as permanent.

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    Threadbare SockThreadbare Sock regular
    edited January 2007
    1168075490173.jpg

Threadbare Sock on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    FOOT SWEATERS
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Wonderful, a new way to kill people. We needed one of those.

There are still people left!

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    insert marmaduke summoning a giant spider comic here

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    PkmoutlPkmoutl Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    ZeroFill wrote:
    Pkmoutl wrote:
    ZeroFill wrote:
    ZeroFill wrote:

little little red book

srsly tho

wtf, WTF.

there are huge amounts of the money go to local infrastructure needs, services that are necessities such as running water, and also social needs, such as emergency rooms, welfare, job placement programs, halfway houses, and homeless shelters. I'm not begrudging the money being used for these purposes, but shitting all over people for not giving MORE is ridiculous.

and you proved the pervading point all on your own, there is help out there for those who are not lazy.

Why is it that for myself, and plenty of other people, you could strip us down, take every last cent we had, everything we owned, put us in a completely unknown urban setting, and we'd survive, we'd get back on our feet, we'd eventually regain what was lost? Yet others choose to panhandle or otherwise accept their current situation as permanent.
    Sometimes it isn't as easy as you think to get back on your feet.

The fact that you don't understand this and that you think you would do just fine in such a situation proves to me that you have never been in that sort of situation.

Let's also look at the fact that many of the people who need this sort of help are minorities who are still victims of a racist system that dates back to the early 1900's. You live in a poor area with poor schooling and no employment, so you don't get the opportunities others get because of your lack of money and lack of a good education. Yes, there are some people out there of all races, creeds and colors who are just too lazy to get up off their asses, but there is a certain amount of sociopolitical environmental factors that go into something like this. Now, in an ideal situation, we could all carry our own weight, with the exception of a precious few (the handicapped, elderly and terminally ill). However, you need to level the playing field a bit more. How do you do that? You need to use tax money to improve schools and to bring in the resources for better paying jobs to move into these sorts of areas. This includes a better-trained and possibly larger police force, better-subsidized hospitals and subsidized transportation programs to areas where the work is available.

I don't know what part of the country you live in, but around here, in the "ghetto" part of town, most people are making minimum wage, or just slightly above. Most of those people are married with children or are single parents, and things like WIC and Food Stamps only go so far, especially if you only have a High School education. Remember, Food Stamps are handed out according to your income, not according to your estimated need. I know, because I tried to get on Food Stamps, and they said I didn't make enough money to actually get them. Back to the point, so most of them spend a good percentage of their earnings getting to and from work. Gas is expensive, and public transportation isn't as cheap as it used to be. They could walk, but who wants to walk in that neighborhood? Especially if you're coming home at night; or going to work at night. The rest of the money goes to paying rent, utilities and keeping the children and the rest of the family in clothes, toiletries and other items that Food Stamps, Welfare and WIC don't cover. Welfare doesn't give you all that much money, and for the most part, it's harder to keep on it now that they have so many revised regulations.

Now, I ask you.

How is anyone in that situation supposed to get to where you are?

Did you go to college?

Do you have a car?

You have a computer, and probably high-speed internet too.

I'll bet if you asked most of the people in the situation I pointed out, they would probably say no to all of those questions. It's all economics. They are stuck in an area that their families have been in since probably the 1940's, and most of them can't afford to leave because they don't have the money and the education to get that kind of money in order to move somewhere better and not work a job or even two or three that barely pay the bills.

But it doesn't matter to you. They've just accepted this situation as permanent, and that's their problem.

And for the record, you wouldn't last a day on the East Side here. And I'd give you half an hour in downtown Detroit at best.

Pkmoutl on
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    bah

I laughed way too hard at this... most likely cause I definitely didn't see it coming

Prospicience on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    pk my mom works in welfare and she told me the percent of people who are taking advantage of the system versus those who desperately need the help and are ashamed to even be asking for it is roughly 3:1 (at least in denver)

that breakdown depressed the shit out of me and has kind of turned her into a caustic bitch

mrpaku on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Pkmoutl wrote:
    ZeroFill wrote:
    Pkmoutl wrote:
    ZeroFill wrote:
    ZeroFill wrote:

little little red book

srsly tho

wtf, WTF.

Sometimes it isn't as easy as you think to get back on your feet.

The fact that you don't understand this and that you think you would do just fine in such a situation proves to me that you have never been in that sort of situation.

Let's also look at the fact that many of the people who need this sort of help are minorities who are still victims of a racist system that dates back to the early 1900's. You live in a poor area with poor schooling and no employment, so you don't get the opportunities others get because of your lack of money and lack of a good education. Yes, there are some people out there of all races, creeds and colors who are just too lazy to get up off their asses, but there is a certain amount of sociopolitical environmental factors that go into something like this. Now, in an ideal situation, we could all carry our own weight, with the exception of a precious few (the handicapped, elderly and terminally ill). However, you need to level the playing field a bit more. How do you do that? You need to use tax money to improve schools and to bring in the resources for better paying jobs to move into these sorts of areas. This includes a better-trained and possibly larger police force, better-subsidized hospitals and subsidized transportation programs to areas where the work is available.

I don't know what part of the country you live in, but around here, in the "ghetto" part of town, most people are making minimum wage, or just slightly above. Most of those people are married with children or are single parents, and things like WIC and Food Stamps only go so far, especially if you only have a High School education. Remember, Food Stamps are handed out according to your income, not according to your estimated need. I know, because I tried to get on Food Stamps, and they said I didn't make enough money to actually get them. Back to the point, so most of them spend a good percentage of their earnings getting to and from work. Gas is expensive, and public transportation isn't as cheap as it used to be. They could walk, but who wants to walk in that neighborhood? Especially if you're coming home at night; or going to work at night. The rest of the money goes to paying rent, utilities and keeping the children and the rest of the family in clothes, toiletries and other items that Food Stamps, Welfare and WIC don't cover. Welfare doesn't give you all that much money, and for the most part, it's harder to keep on it now that they have so many revised regulations.

Now, I ask you.

How is anyone in that situation supposed to get to where you are?

Did you go to college?

Do you have a car?

You have a computer, and probably high-speed internet too.

I'll bet if you asked most of the people in the situation I pointed out, they would probably say no to all of those questions. It's all economics. They are stuck in an area that their families have been in since probably the 1940's, and most of them can't afford to leave because they don't have the money and the education to get that kind of money in order to move somewhere better and not work a job or even two or three that barely pay the bills.

But it doesn't matter to you. They've just accepted this situation as permanent, and that's their problem.

And for the record, you wouldn't last a day on the East Side here. And I'd give you half an hour in downtown Detroit at best.

wow, you're so god damn tough

I bet you'd jerk off all over downtown detroit while it was sleeping

thats how tough you are

it's cool you can make your points by grandstanding and supposing what I am or am not capable of. because you keep it REAL YO, in D-town.

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Pkmoutl wrote:
    snip*bs

You also apparently believe I was born with some silver spoon in my mouth.

RAther,

I got to where I am now from being 18 years old, on my own, with next to nothing, in 6 years.

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Are you hippy fucks still bitching about the people who die? Jesus Christ, you're killing the mood. As for me, who grew up watching Robotech and Gundam Wing, and playing MechWarrior, I say, RAILGUNS, FUCK YEAH!

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    ZeroFill you did not address a single god damn thing he actually said except for when he said you probably wouldn't last in a pretty unpleasant area

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Fallout wrote:
    ZeroFill you did not address a single god damn thing he actually said except for when he said you probably wouldn't last in a pretty unpleasant area
    why would I bother, he's making all kinds of asinine assumptions. I guess I should sit here and get defensive on a point by point basis. Then he played the race card. I don't know if he's even allowed. Doesn't get much more jackass than that.

He's also confusing someone who's destitute with someone who lives below the poverty line.

The people who ride the bus to work and make minimum wage might fall below the poverty line, but they have food to eat and a roof over their heads. It's not an ideal situation but they are surviving.

I'd say panhandling off the highway exit ramp is pretty much accepting your position as permanent.

edit: Also he attacked me, because he thought I wasn't aware of what my local property taxes, and state and federal income taxes were used for. lmao.

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    LESS TALK MORE RAILGUNS

railgun-6.jpg

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Harrier wrote:
    LESS TALK MORE RAILGUNS

railgun-6.jpg

That looks like some Pixar Grasshopper spaceship.

Its just going to bounce the fuck away from the incoming fire.... Boing...

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Silmaril wrote:
    Harrier wrote:
    LESS TALK MORE RAILGUNS

railgun-6.jpg

That looks like some Pixar Grasshopper spaceship.

Its just going to bounce the fuck away from the incoming fire.... Boing...
    Maybe this will better suit your palate:

tech0604magnet_730x550.jpg

A more accurate rendering of how the Navy's ship-mounted railguns would work. I actually remember seeing this illustration in Popular Science when I still got the magazine.

Harrier on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    porkinsok5.jpg

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Oooooh. Boxy Grey Squares!

It must be...the future!

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Silmaril wrote:

It must be...the future!
    All right faggot

How bout you post the pictures

And I make the wiseass remarks

Harrier on
  • Options
    redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    The squares of the present aren't nearly boxy enough, if you ask me.

redhead on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Harrier wrote:
    Silmaril wrote:

It must be...the future!
    All right faggot

And I make the wiseass remarks

Behold the future!

istockphoto_270399_sharping_stone.jpg

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Harrier wrote:
    All right faggot

dancingboner.gifdancingboner.gifdancingboner.gif

At last, a chance to test out my new creation! March forth!

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    VERBOTEN...

VERBOOOOOOOO

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg