As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini] Green Lantern - Blackest Phalla (GAME OVER) Death Wins on a Technicality

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    I don't think he's the power of laziness, I can see him having a vig.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure his personality is more "MINE" rather than "Eh."

Well considering this was the image he used... yeah

Larfleeze01.jpg

Phyphor on
  • Options
    DemuristDemurist Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    He looks like a hardcore version of Bebop from the Ninja Turtles.

Demurist on
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Still doesn't sound like a very useful vig

And the "makes people his slave" part sounds pretty scary to me

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Eh, they're dead already. He just makes copies.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    two hours till vote close

The Inactivus Corps Hungers

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, to clarify, there is some strange and kind-of-interesting mechanic that occurs with the people I kill. I'm not sure what it is, and didn't clarify because I wanted to figure it out on my own, privately. 'course, that was spoiled.

It works entirely within the setting. Except for the fact that he might want more than just 1 ring.

I do want more than one ring: one ring of every color. So in that respect you are correct. If you meant that I needed more than one ring of each color, then nah, that's not true.

To those who are suggesting I am a SK: think about that for a minute. It's host-confirmed I need the Black Lanterns to die, and the game ends when they die. That means I would have to kill everyone else in the game while keeping one Black Lantern alive, then somehow manage to kill the Black Lantern without dying myself (and 1 mafia + 1 villager is typically considered a mafia win). A normal-colored player cannot be a SK, that's stupid to think so. I swear you guys are just making up things to vote me out these days...

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Dunadan019

Zandracon on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Voting Toxic Toys to try and take some heat off Kime.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    [:COLOR="Red"][:B][/B][/COLOR]

take out the colons.

Kime
    Or how about:
    [noparse][/noparse]
    Because I'm an insufferable know-it-all. :P

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Just in case it didn't count

!ToxicToys

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    hmm hmm

I happen to be in contact already with someone from Blue (you know, the color with "guardians," "hope," and "life" in their description, so don't get any stupid negative ideas). He is looking for a contact from Green in order to better coordinate your abilities, since apparently you guys are closely linked.

So... yeah, if you'd like to get in contact with me, that'd be cool. Either now-ish, or tomorrow after my kill (hopefully) goes through. Although anyone paying attention should realize I'm Orange by this point...

Edit: Heya, anyone got an updated count? Am I still dying? 'cause that'd be unfortunate and mighty stupid of the village. Not that I'd put it past you, of course.

Edit 2: Out of curiosity, anyone have a reason for voting for me? Or is it still "lol kime"?

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I'm going to die after I've proven that I shouldn't again, aren't I?

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    !Toxic Toys for great justice

jackisreal on
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Toxic Toys out of a pity vote for kime.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    ExtermatottExtermatott Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hmm, maybe the mafia are voting for Kime because he is a big threat to them, or maybe they are the ones voting for other people as Kime is one of them and has been lying to trying to save himself.

Extermatott on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Hmm, maybe the mafia are voting for Kime because he is a big threat to them, or maybe they are the ones voting for other people as Kime is one of them and has been lying to trying to save himself.
    I HATE YOU

I AM THE MOST EASILY CONFIRMED VILLAGE MEMBER

I AM NOT MAFIA

STOP BEING SILLY

I don't hate you. But don't be silly.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    jsut in case...

!TOXIC

Also, 9 hour shifts on 3 hours sleep is horrible.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Kime you realise you're not winning the vote right now

also vote closed?

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Kime you realise you're not winning the vote right now

also vote closed?
    No I don't know the count. The fact that it's close is still ridiculous. Hoping there's no vote manip...

Also, I shot you. You were the last one to vote for me when I sent in my orders, so, you know, vengeance and all that.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    oh nooooo

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    VOTE CLOSED

NARRATION WILL BE UP SHORTLY

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    You all are fools. Kime will be the death of you. I am hope, and you killed it.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    simonwolf wrote: »
    oh nooooo
    It may be a conversion sort of thing, in which case woops, I guess everyone knows who I converted now. But I'm pretty sure it's a kill. Again, I was kinda hoping to find out more of my ability in private, but oh well :P.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Well you could have asked :P

Anyway, you did publically reveal as the guy who absolutely has to kill at least one of each colour to win and the flavour says may convert people. Not a particularly friendly role

If my count is right it's 8-7 for TT

Phyphor on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    poor simon

kiss kiss kiss

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Well you could have asked :P

Anyway, you did publically reveal as the guy who absolutely has to kill at least one of each colour to win and the flavour says may convert people. Not a particularly friendly role

If my count is right it's 8-7 for TT
    I didn't want to ask. I got my role, the ability looked interesting, and I spent half the day looking forward to figuring out the details. Then I got bandwagoned, but I'm NOT letting you guys spoil that for me! I'm experimenting, so there!

I don't have to kill one of each color, although getting the kill myself makes things easier. I just need one of each player to be dead so that I can forage for their ring. I said this, but of course I'm sure half the village believes like you do since they don't listen to me or ask questions if they are confused. Or even give reasons for votes. That would just be silly!

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    why do you insist on stealing my catchphrase arivqa

why

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    For the record, the person with whom I'm in contact who says he's Blue says that Toxic is not Hope (Blue). So umm.... either the factions are fragmented (that's not true, right?) or Toxic was just being silly.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    NIGHT 1 - BLACKEST EVE

Munk of the Indigo Tribe was deep in meditation. The only way to defeat this looming threat of death, would be cooperation of all the corps. He just wished they could work together.

He was in luck, as they had found a way to bind together to fire a blot of pure white light. Unluckily, it was aimed at him. His death was quick.

The Black Lanterns sensed Will. Such a delicious Emotion, and the fuel they needed to charge their central power battery. Nekron sent his forces after Kilowog to harvest his heart. Unfortunately for them, a bolt of pure red light pierced straight through Kilowog before they could get to him. No matter, dead is dead.

There were many other flashes of light, but nothing really came of it.

THE INACTIVUS CORPS HAVE BEEN ACTIVATED

Zandracon failed to meet activity rules, he will be replaced by Sir Fabulous
    Terrendos failed to meet activity rules, he will be replaced by EBFan

DEATHS
    Toxic Toys - Munk of the Indigo Tribe - Death by white light
    Dunadan - Kilowog of the Green Lantern Corps - Death by nWo Wolfpac (The Red and Black Attack)

Day 2 ends at 8pm PST on Sunday night.

pms will be going out immediatly.

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Kime, you're the boy who cried wolf. You said you were evil so many times that people believe it every time now.

Oh, boy who cried cake. I wonder what Toxic is?

Edit: Ohhhhhh.

daniant on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Well, Kime is stealing your ring, and it's not like you need a catchphrase, what with death being completely non-reversible experience in comic book land.

Oh.
    Right.

We're fighting zombies...

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    You know, if kime does have a conversion mechanic, then it's not unreasonable at all that he have a goal to outnumber the rest of the village by the time black loses.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    daniant wrote: »
    Kime, you're the boy who cried wolf. You said you were evil so many times that people believe it every time now.

Oh, boy who cried cake. I wonder what Toxic is?

Edit: Ohhhhhh.
    I wasn't ever actually evil all that many times!

Not sure where that rumor got started. People saying I'm always evil is from the joke that I always claimed I was evil. Not that I always was.

Terrendos wrote: »
    You know, if kime does have a conversion mechanic, then it's not unreasonable at all that he have a goal to outnumber the rest of the village by the time black loses.
    If we assume that's true (even though it isn't), THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN'T WIN. Winning is not mutually exclusive among factions.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Hey, you know what I just said above that? How Kime was going to steal your ring?

Well, I think Kime is a dirty little liar, but I'm gonna wait for an explanation before I red text him.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    if Kime's goal really is to collect a ring of each color (that is, be around for the deaths of one of each color) ...

maybe we should be trying to put him down before random attacks kill more unique colors?

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    if Kime's goal really is to collect a ring of each color (that is, be around for the deaths of one of each color) ...

maybe we should be trying to put him down before random attacks kill more unique colors?
    First: There is only one unique color: me. Every other color has multiple players.

Second: The first statement should not lead to the second statement.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Welp, that's what I get for having my computer break in the middle of the phalla.

*sigh*

Terrendos on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Also, people who attacked people tonight and nothing happened, there's a good chance that that person is actually a black lantern. Not sure how to organize the information, but it will probably be in everyone's best interest to figure out how.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    my suggestion is that we should kill you before you are able to achieve your goal

because your goal requires that we die

which is not something we should be allowing

i mean your self-stated victory condition involves murdering non-black lanterns

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    Also, people who attacked people tonight and nothing happened, there's a good chance that that person is actually a black lantern. Not sure how to organize the information, but it will probably be in everyone's best interest to figure out how.
    I've already thought of that. Let's wait for PMs to finish first, ok?

Also, if a player is roleblocked, will that player be informed?

my suggestion is that we should kill you before you are able to achieve your goal

because your goal requires that we die

which is not something we should be allowing

i mean your self-stated victory condition involves murdering non-black lanterns
    Again, if you expect to get out of this unscathed in your entire faction, then you're being naive. And if we make it to the end of the game and your faction HASN'T lost a player, I think you can sacrifice one for me, seeing as dying doesn't make you lose and I'll have been helping the entire game, since I want to kill Black too.

You

will

die.

This is Phalla. It happens. I just want to be here when you do. I really can't explain this in any simpler way. If the distinction is not getting through, then vote me. Bandwagon me. Let's get a unanimous vote, because if people can't understand that then this village is screwed anyways.

kime on
    Steam profile