As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini] Green Lantern - Blackest Phalla (GAME OVER) Death Wins on a Technicality

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    kime wrote: »
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    Also, people who attacked people tonight and nothing happened, there's a good chance that that person is actually a black lantern. Not sure how to organize the information, but it will probably be in everyone's best interest to figure out how.
    I've already thought of that. Let's wait for PMs to finish first, ok?

Also, if a player is roleblocked, will that player be informed?

... I just answered my own question didn't I?

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Meh. I'm too lazy to read through 8 pages of text. Can I get a recap?
    I kid! I kid! Please don't kill me for being lazy!

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Also, people who attacked people tonight and nothing happened, there's a good chance that that person is actually a black lantern. Not sure how to organize the information, but it will probably be in everyone's best interest to figure out how.

You asked a question?

Do you honestly want a recap, though?

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

If everybody that shot someone else with a bit of ring juice expected that person to die, we'd be at half size by now.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Do we benefit at all by letting kime take pot-shots at us with his ring?

I mean, I guess everyone should just keep in mind that every night kime fires off his laser, someone's faction comes that much closer to losing.

I guess if it's black, that's for the best, but his mechanics mean that he's better off waiting on shooting black until everyone else has suffered casualties.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

!Sir Fabulous :x
    !Sir Fabulous

:P

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

If everybody that shot someone else with a bit of ring juice expected that person to die, we'd be at half size by now.

I mean that if you intended on killing someone tonight, and, to your surprise, that person is still breathing, they are quite possibly a Black Lantern.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

I mean, I guess everyone should just keep in mind that every night kime fires off his laser, someone's faction comes that much closer to losing.

I guess if it's black, that's for the best, but his mechanics mean that he's better off waiting on shooting black until everyone else has suffered casualties.
    Well, if you'd read my posts earlier you'd realize that I'm aware that inter-faction war while the mafia is still at large leads to the mafia winning.

It's fairly clear you don't think that way, though, seeing as you are trying to start inter-faction war. With luck, more people will realize I'm right than think you are.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010

Well, to be fair it's more he doesn't really care about the colour of his target since all colours help him. If too many blacks start dying then he'll focus on the other colours exclusively/throw off the vote until he completes his secondary though.

Phyphor on
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    PM'S ARE OUT

Kime, your pm box is full

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    PM'S ARE OUT

Kime, your pm box is full
    Fixed. Sorry, it was only full for a few seconds, nice timing :P.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Phyphor wrote: »

Well, to be fair it's more he doesn't really care about the colour of his target since all colours help him. If too many blacks start dying then he'll focus on the other colours exclusively/throw off the vote until he completes his secondary though.

Of course, this assumes that he's not just a lying black lantern.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

You asked a question?

Do you honestly want a recap, though?

No I've been paying a little attention to this game because I was first on the Reserve list. I only have to read through a couple pages.
    And I'm going to bed! Even though I know this is a mafia tactic.

Oh and Capfalcon is such a silly goose!
    Just kidding. You know I could never hurt you Cappy.

Sir Fabulous on

• Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    STOP VOTING FOR PEOPLE AND TAKING IT BACK IN SPOILER TAGS PLZ

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

I will hurt you.

And if someone doesn't tell him why this is stupid, I think I'll have to hurt everyone.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Well, if you'd read my posts earlier you'd realize that I'm aware that inter-faction war while the mafia is still at large leads to the mafia winning.

It's fairly clear you don't think that way, though, seeing as you are trying to start inter-faction war. With luck, more people will realize I'm right than think you are.

Fortunately, we don't need an interfaction war. We just need you to die.

The mafia, presumably, still get their one kill a night even if there's only one of them left. If none of them are still alive before you've got your one-each rings, then you lose. So clearly, it is a larger concern for you to kill us than it is for you to kill them at this stage.

So...

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    EbfanEbfan Wimmy Wam Wam Wozzle! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hey guys. Good to be here. So skimming through the game so far, it looks like Day 1 pretty much just consisted on a standard kimewagon, resulting in a kime reveal as Orange Lantern (vig), and then the wagon switched to Toxic. kime in turn was roleblocked so there's no way to actually confirm anything.

That about cover it? Anything else important I should know?

Ebfan on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

I will hurt you.

And if someone doesn't tell him why this is stupid, I think I'll have to hurt everyone.

Well, I don't think its probable, but it's possible.

Hypothetical time!

You were a Black Lantern getting Day 1 bandwagoned. You figured, "Hey, I'm gonna die, I might as well waste a few days of voting!"

So, Day 1, we don't vote for you.
    Day 2, we vote for your "target."
    Day 3, we see that the target was not a black lantern and vote you.

That's two days wasted. Not bad for someone who was a dead man walking since Day 1.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Well it would be interesting to know if kime received his two rings...

Phyphor on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Capfalcon: That's not the reason. Good try though.

Hint: It's specific to what role I claimed.

Ebfan: Waiting for a clarification, then I'll have stuff to say. Also, may have more stuff too, waiting on a PM.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Ebfan wrote: »
    Hey guys. Good to be here. So skimming through the game so far, it looks like Day 1 pretty much just consisted on a standard kimewagon, resulting in a kime reveal as Orange Lantern (vig), and then the wagon switched to Toxic. kime in turn was roleblocked so there's no way to actually confirm anything.

That about cover it? Anything else important I should know?

Just in case you missed, we can't vig a black lantern.
    We have to use
    1. Green + anyone else
    2. The Vote
    3. :?: IT'S A MYSTERY! :?:

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    kime: your ring power is a convert. Confirm or deny?

daniant on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Ebfan: Waiting for a clarification, then I'll have stuff to say. Also, may have more stuff too, waiting on a PM.

What, that you're the only one?

That's easy. If I was orange, (which I'm not) I'd try and get in touch with a GL outside the public thread and smack you down with our combined powers. Hell, it'd save us a day.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    daniant wrote: »
    kime: your ring power is a convert. Confirm or deny?
    OK, here we go: deny.

I kill people, unless they are a Black Lantern, guarded, or I was roleblocked.

I targeted simonwolf last night, he didn't die. It's the village's choice on how to proceed. (Keep in mind I was revealed most of the day, there was plenty of time for a roleblock.)

What, that you're the only one?

That's easy. If I was orange, (which I'm not) I'd try and get in touch with a GL outside the public thread and smack you down with our combined powers. Hell, it'd save us a day.
    First, then I should have died. Second, the better solution is to, if not out me publicly, get in contact with someone privately and have them out me. If I'm not claiming a standard color it's because I'm afraid of the real members of that color outing me as a liar. So if I lied, I'd be very likely to be a Black Lantern, and therefore important to have outed.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    SvenskaSvenska Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Did you get any new rings/powers?

Svenska on
    Since your name means "swedish" in swedish, I just assumed you were, ya know, swedish.

eNozN1RVNTYwUDVRNVUzUjOsMVQzRCON1UyApAmYbQZRYwaRBlOqZSYA7ZUOyQ==
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Svenska wrote: »
    Did you get any new rings/powers?
    See my earlier post. Nothing came of my power.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Kime, in case it's unclear, I'm currently of the opinion that you are, in fact, Agent Orange. I'm just spouting hypotheticals.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    kime: one more confirm/deny. You can convert and raise the dead?

daniant on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Kime, in case it's unclear, I'm currently of the opinion that you are, in fact, Agent Orange. I'm just spouting hypotheticals.
    Yeah. But at this point Orange would have to be really stupid if he's not me.

........Oh gosh, that's entirely possible hahaha.

daniant: Nope. I kill things. I believe I gain pseudo-powers based off the colors of those I kill, but seeing as that's never happened yet I can't really say. I doubt I'll ever gain THAT ability though.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010

what the fuck.....

you mean....

I actually succeeded in a toxic bandwagon on day one?

whoa.....

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Huuuh, guess I was attacked last night.

If the person who targeted me wants to get in touch that would be swell. I have some info that I think you can confirm.

Also, The Anonymous for Day One justifications

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Because Kime countered Kime wagon by revealing into being good...ish in a Mini-Phalla.

It's crazy, man.

So, just on the off chance that no GL picked up on it from last night, maybe you should shoot at simonwolf tonight.

It will probably be for the best.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Because Kime countered Kime wagon by revealing into being good...ish in a Mini-Phalla.

It's crazy, man.

So, just on the off chance that no GL picked up on it from last night, maybe you should shoot at simonwolf tonight.

It will probably be for the best.
    Or we vote him off. If the village really thinks he survived because he's Black, the vote is the best option. I just want you to keep in mind (so that if he's not you don't hunt me down), that there are two other options besides him being Black.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    What options are those?

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Asian or latino.

!simon

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Just as another aside, it's probably worth pointing out that fluff-wise Larfleeze and the rest of the Lantern Corps worked together successfully during Blackest Night without him running around murdering people. On that note I'd be inclined to revise what I said earlier about the killing to make constructs - he only did that before BN as far as I'm aware.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    !Simon

For Science!

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Personally I'm against the Simon vote. There was a long time between reveal and end of day for someone to block kime, and if Simon was a result of being blocked, instead of being mafia, then we have wasted precious time.

Sir Fabulous on

• Options
    ExtermatottExtermatott Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Is that because you stopped it Fabulous?
    Wait, you only started a little while ago, what am I saying?

Extermatott on
  • Options
    ExtermatottExtermatott Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I guess voting off simon would make sense. As there is a high chance he is mafia.
    I shall hold my vote for the time being.

Extermatott on