As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Red Dead Redemption] Co-op DLC available now.

CenoCeno pizza timeRegistered User regular
edited June 2010 in Games and Technology
***AVAILABLE NOW***

Dear Loyal Customer,

We are thinking about making an open-world western in the vein of our smash hit Grand Theft Auto IV. How far would you like us to take this shit?

a) To the max.
b) To the extreme.
c) To the X-treme.
d) To the next level.
e) To eleven.
f) All of the above.

Lovingly,
Rockstar

LAUNCH TRAILER (NEW 5/13)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NUjbORZueU

Other trailers behind the spoiler:
REVOLUTION (NEW 5/7)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHkXbw9wY-I

COMPETITIVE MULTIPLAYER (NEW 4/22)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImwR0apkuzA

FREE ROAM MULTIPLAYER (NEW 4/8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA9wSxebZmA

LIFE IN THE WEST, PART II (NEW 4/1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GXEqv8dxLg

GENTLEMEN & VAGABONDS (NEW 3/25)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6fbil-esa4

LIFE IN THE WEST (NEW 3/17)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrCY0G86SKk

THE WOMEN (NEW 2/24)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmMuJFta0_U

THE LAW (NEW 2/11)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Go2wm1w8RY

WEAPONS & DEATH (NEW 1/28)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkHGEJXF-1M

GAMEPLAY INTRODUCTION TRAILER (NEW 12/16)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1mb723fuYg

MY NAME IS JOHN MARSTON (NEW 12/1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sU0PwzdMiY

This thread is about Rockstar's Red Dead Redemption, the open-world western that uses an upgraded version of GTAIV's Rage/Euphoria engine. Here is a link to the official website. It will be available on the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. No PC version is currently planned. Let the discussion of western awesomeness commence. But not before an important note (which will sound silly, but will be understood in time):

The game ain't over until the credits roll.

REVIEWS
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/reddeadredemption

PRE-ORDER BONUSES

Gamestop - Deadly Assassin outfit (reduces cooldown on Dead Eye)
Amazon - Golden Guns pack + $20 gift card toward future Amazon purchase
Best Buy - War Horse (faster + increased damage resistance)
Game Crazy - Mini-guide
Target - $5 gift card
Walmart - $10 gift card

DUELING
I've put a few tips for dueling below, as it tends to be a confusing aspect of the game.

Drawing before your opponent lowers your accuracy. Conversely, drawing after increases accuracy. After drawing, your reticule will pulsate red --> white. What you want to do is target key areas of your opponent as the reticule flashes white. This will fill up the bar on the right side of the screen. The more key areas you target on your opponent, the faster your bar will fill. The person whose bar fills first wins the duel.

It is possible to win a duel in one shot if done correctly. Targeting an opponent's gunhand, for example, when the reticule flashes white will instantly fill your bar, causing you to win the duel by shooting the gun out of your opponent's hand. It should be noted, however, that duels dictated by the story usually dictate the killing of your opponent (with a few exceptions).

MULTIPLAYER
Want to rope steer with fellow PA forum dwellers? The Xbox 360 metatag AFistfulofWangs is now full, but local cowpoke Crappy Jack has made a second to accomodate the need. Try adding AFewWangsMore.

By popular demand, I will try to keep an updated list of Playstation Network gamertags below. Please PM me your PSN username if you wish to be included.
PA Name / PSN Tag
Mr Obersmith / Obersmith
Jean Claude Van Calm / Grimmsy-
Shorn Scrotum Man / sojakfa
Capt Howdy / KayleSolo
Dashui / Vacorsis
NovembersChopin / NovembersChopin
Judas / Judas Iago
Pookiepoo / Pookie-san
Spectrum / MissGardenia
Lucascraft / Lucascraft
Skeezicks / Skeezicks
Schwhat / Schwhat
Coltaine / Flard
cooljammer00 / JohnDarc
Wishpig / MassiveHugAttack
Brock / Brockimus
Lehman / LehmanCM
Dr_Keenbean / Dr_Keenbean
Mostlyjoe13 / Mostlyjoe
MarioG / MarioGuzman
TehSloth / TehSloth
Cobell / Cobell
fmz65 / fmz65
dobilay / dobilay
triath / advian
Salboacha / Salboacha
GnomeTank / GnomeTank
Fluxcap / Haul_N_Oats
badpoet / badpoet
KidDynamite / Ninjaforhire
wanthony / Grie
blikbok / blikbok
YamiNoSenshi / YamiNoSenshi
Kitantho / Kitantho
Evyl / AncientEvyl
Fluffy, Our Beloved Flopsy Bunny Friend / Reo_Bravo
Vanderbrent / Vanderbrent
Rubycat / Rubycat3
Doctor Fink / Doctor_Fink
Grunjin / Grunjin
Mightyhog / AgreeingMachine
Killerkabuto / thekillerkabuto
Hayt / Old_Cthulhu
MrBrick / MisterBrick
Reznik / RenegadeGuardian
gnarlyhotep / Gnarlyhotep
wavecutter / Wavecutter
pablo the penguin / Pablo_the_cooke
Corehealer / Corehealer
deveric / deveric

Multiplayer is based in a free-roaming atmosphere, wherein the entirety of the map is available for you and your posse to do various activities, like hunt, take out gang hideouts, etc. See the videos above for a more detailed look at both the free-roam and competitive multiplayer modes.

CO-OP DLC AVAILABLE NOW

In addition to the deep single player campaign and robust online multiplayer components of Red Dead Redemption, we are also very happy to finally reveal the game’s co-op mode, which will be released FREE in June simultaneously for both consoles via Xbox LIVE® and PlayStation®Network, respectively.

The Outlaws to the End Co-Op Mission Pack will feature six all-new cooperative multiplayer missions to play with 2-4 players. This will be a completely free download that we will have ready for you to download and play at some time in June.

These six explosive and epic missions will play out across the game world, including:

“Walton’s Gold”
Walton’s Gang have taken control of a mining camp rich with gold. Fight through the camp and load your mine cart with as much gold as you can carry and get out as fast as you can – Walton’s boys have rigged the place to blow!

“The River”
Ride a raft down river, taking out rebel encampments along the way until you reach the rebel stronghold of Nosalida and a final epic battle for the town’s massive weapons caches. Watch out for Gatling gun-equipped enemy rafts.

“Ammunition”
The Mexican Army has the town of Tesoro Azul under siege. Storm the gates under heavy cannon, Gatling gun and sniper fire to destroy the Mexican artillery placements.

Plus three more missions to be revealed in detail soon.

The Outlaws to the End Co-Op Mission Pack will also yield additional multiplayer XP rewards, and brand new Achievements/Trophies to unlock.

Stay tuned for much more information – as well as release information and pricing on two further downloadable content updates, which we plan to release over the summer. Both of them will also be available simultaneously for both consoles.

ACHIEVEMENTS
http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption/features/achievements
Austin Overpowered
Complete Twin Rocks, Pike's Basin, and Gaptooth Breach Hideouts in Single Player.

Bearly Legal
Kill and skin 18 grizzly bears.

Buckin' Awesome
Break the Kentucky Saddler, the American Standardbred, and the Hungarian Half-bred.

Bullseye
Get 250 headshots in any game mode.

Clemency Pays
Capture a bounty alive.

Evil Spirits
Complete Tumbeweed and Tesoro Azul Hideouts in Single Player.

Exquisite Taste
Purchase a rare weapon from a gunsmith.

Fightin' Around the World
Knock someone out in melee in every saloon in the game in Single Player.

Friends in High Places
Use a Pardon Letter with more than $5,000 Bounty in Single Player.

Frontiersman
Obtain Legendary rank in any Single Player Ambient Challenge.

Go Team
Be on the winning team for four consecutive victories in any team based game in public matches

Gold Medal
Earn a Gold Medal Rank for a combat mission in Single Player.

Have Gun Will Travel
Complete all Hideouts in a single public Free Roam session

He Cleans Up Well!
Obtain the Elegant Suit.

High Roller
Win over 2,000 chips in a hand of Poker or Blackjack.

Hit the Trail
Get from Blackwater to Escalera before sundown in a public Free Roam session

How the West Was Won
Reach the top rank for multiplayer experience.

In a Hail of Bullets
Kill 500 enemies with any pistol or revolver in any game mode.

Instinto Asesino
Complete Fort Mercer and Nosalida Hideouts in Single Player.

Long Arm of Marston
Kill 500 enemies with any rifle, repeater, or shotgun in any game mode.

Man of Honor / Chivalry's Dead
Attain highest Fame rank and either highest Honor rank or lowest Honor rank.

More than a Fistful
Earn $10,000 in Single Player.

Most Wanted
Maintain a max wanted level for 10 minutes and escape alive in a public Free Roam session.

Mowing Them Down
Kill 500 enemies with a mounted weapon in any game mode.

No Dice
Complete a game of Liar's Dice without losing a single die.

People are Still Strange
Complete 15 tasks for Strangers.

Posse Up!
Create a posse and get the maximum number of members

Red Dead Rockstar
Kill a Rockstar or someone with this achievement in a public multiplayer match.

Redeemed
Attain 100% in the Single Player Game Completion stat.

Slow on the Draw
Get 10 assists in a single Hideout in a public Free Roam session

Strange Things are Afoot
Complete a task for a Stranger.

The Gunslinger
Get a headshot while in Expert Mode in Single Player.

The Quick and everyone else…
Be the top scoring player in any three consecutive FFA games in public matches

Unnatural Selection
Kill one of every animal species in the game in any game mode.

What About Hand Grenades?
Get a ringer in a game of Horseshoes in any game mode.

Plus 13 secret achievements, most of which are story-related, but the non-story specific ones have been spoilered below.
Heading South on a White Bronco
Evade the U.S. Marshals while riding the Hungarian Half-Bred horse in single player.

Manifest Destiny
Kill the last buffalo in the Great Plains in single player.

Dastardly
Place a hogtied woman on the train tracks, and witness her death by train.

Spurred to Victory
Complete 20 story missions without switching to a new horse at a hitching post.

cougartown.jpg

Ceno on

• Options
    Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Welcome to the new thread, cowpokes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLXQltR7vUQ

Fatty McBeardo on
  • Options
    mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    kevindee wrote: »
    A question about that final scene:
    I don't know if it was me or not, but when the game throws you into Dead Eye, was it only for about 3 seconds for everybody else? With the Mauser pistol and a full bar, I'm certain I could have painted enough headshots to nearly wipe them all out. But only 3 seconds, it was just long enough for me to realize I'm fucked, so I just scrambled and sweeped from left to right, mashing RB as I went.

It totally fit with the mood though. And as a whole, I'd say that was one of the better, if not best version of the "hopeless fight" scenario I've ever played.

Negative. I replayed the mission to check out if this was doable, and noticed the game removes all weaponry that holds enough bullets to kill all people present from your inventory (evan repeater with 22 bullets comes to mind). If my counting was accurate, there were roughly 18 people standing there, and unfortunately not even the mauser would be able to finish the job. But yeah, you are destined to lose that battle.

Shamefully enough, the first time i played the mission I got so panicky I instantly reclicked the right analog stick, exiting dead eye and getting shot to pieces without even unloading a single bullet. Christ that was hard to swallow.
    How did you notice the removal of weapons? Is there a way to check your current weapon inventory while in dead eye for the last time?

Because it's interesting that I can force the script to hang (game still running) by discharging all of my pistol ammo before entering the barn and sending Abigail and Jack away. It's like the game is required to switch my weapon to one of a certain limited set, but it can't switch because I have no ammo. Maybe it's just switching weapons instead of discarding weapons?

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    There's a secret achievement that I just do not understand how to get. I know the requirement and I thought I fulfilled it, but no pop. Urg.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Willeth wrote: »
    I really wish that they would go deeper into Dutch's backstory:
    The way everyone described him he sounded like a great man. Honorable outlaw like robin hood and kind of like a hero to John , Bill and Javier. What made him change? What broke his will? How exactly did it change Bill and Javier? I really want to know. They sounded like they were all the type of man Marston was.

Isn't that stuff in Red Dead Revolver?

EDIT: Huh, apparently the games have little to no relation from a quick Wikipedia browse. Really fucking weird that they reused the facial scar design for both Red and John, then.

My old post from the other thread. I really want to know what you guys think of it.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Blech, I've decided I hate the thread title, but my brain isn't working. Suggestions?

Ceno on
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    "Got anything of yours you wanna stick in any thread of mine?"

Eh, maybe not.

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    [RDR] Forget it, John, It's Cougartown

...? I don't know...

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Apparently Rockstar mentioned why the lasso isn't in multiplayer. It took them forever to just get one lasso uncoiling properly like loose rope working. 16 of them at once would have been a nightmare, so they just dropped it from multiplayer.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So I just unlocked the multiplayer hunting challenge where you have to fend off waves of bears until the legendary bear shows up. My best weapons, if I recall correctly, are the Winchester Repeater, Schofield Revolver, and Double Barreled Shotgun.

I think I'm going to wait until I have some friends to help me with this one.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    EP, I think we'll see a lot of that stuff in DLC.

Endgamey spoilers:
    A chapter around the length of the GTA ones where John, Bill, Javier and Dutch are rolling as a gang, culminating in John being left for dead and being picked up by Abigail? That would rule. I'd love to see Abi's personality before she settled down - there's that slight touch of jealousy that's not quite there but still exists, and I'm sure that's planted from being a prostitute and her experiences with men not being too faithful. And the dynamic between the group when their whore starts preferring one of them over the others? That's just delicious.

EDIT: Raiden, you can hold pretty well in the cabins around the camp. The bears can't get inside and they die to two shotgun shells - one in the head. Bruma is tougher but it's just attrition at that point.

Willeth on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Endgamey spoilers:
    A chapter around the length of the GTA ones where John, Bill, Javier and Dutch are rolling as a gang, culminating in John being left for dead and being picked up by Abigail? That would rule. I'd love to see Abi's personality before she settled down - there's that slight touch of jealousy that's not quite there but still exists, and I'm sure that's planted from being a prostitute and her experiences with men not being too faithful. And the dynamic between the group when their whore starts preferring one of them over the others? That's just delicious.

Actually a good idea and would give some much needed backstory.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Endgamey spoilers:

EDIT: Raiden, you can hold pretty well in the cabins around the camp. The bears can't get inside and they die to two shotgun shells - one in the head. Bruma is tougher but it's just attrition at that point.

That seems a little cheesy, but I'll consider it.

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Raiden333 wrote: »

Endgamey spoilers:

If you look, Barranca, Greenhollow, Tanner's Reach and Bearclaw Camp all have a ruin or cabin in the centre of the hunting ground for you to take cover in. I'm sure it's intentional.

Willeth on
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Endgamey spoilers:

I did that with the cougar one but I left to hunt the legendary one and got killed.

Willeth

Sounds about right. Im just so curious about the gangs past. The dlc needs to happen.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    Tom Cruise-controlTom Cruise-control Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So what's all the A Bloo Bloo about this RDR short film directed by some Hillcoat guy?

Tom Cruise-control on
    PSN ID - nokinja
    add me for Red Dead Redemption
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Endgamey spoilers:

If you look, Barranca, Greenhollow, Tanner's Reach and Bearclaw Camp all have a ruin or cabin in the centre of the hunting ground for you to take cover in. I'm sure it's intentional.

I did the wolf one the other night. I did it by patrolling the area on horseback, kiting the wolves around and shooting them when I had made a bit of distance.

You know, like a man. :P

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    So what's all the A Bloo Bloo about this RDR short film directed by some Hillcoat guy?

Do you mean the one on Fox last night? It was basically a much, much shorter version of act one, made with footage from the game (though much of it obviously recorded from a special developer's version of the game due to the camera angles)

I watched it, and I thought it was actually pretty well made. In fact, I wish that there was a kind of cinematic camera mode that replicated the shots used in the movie.

I just feel bad for anyone who saw it and buys the game thinking it always looks that cinematic.

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Do you mean the one on Fox last night? It was basically a much, much shorter version of act one, made with footage from the game (though much of it obviously recorded from a special developer's version of the game due to the camera angles)

I watched it, and I thought it was actually pretty well made. In fact, I wish that there was a kind of cinematic camera mode that replicated the shots used in the movie.

I just feel bad for anyone who saw it and buys the game thinking it always looks that cinematic.

Well, 50% of it was in game cutscenes, so it's mostly that cinematic. I do feel bad for people that watch it first, then play the game. They get the majority of act 1 spoiled for them.

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I was walking through Thieves' Landing yesterday and heard:

"I hate to see a man walking around with a dry pecker. Let me help you with that."

The look on my brother's face after hearing that was classic.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Okay, so I have a question about the post-endgame, though I'm not quite there yet
    I know John dies at the end, that much has already been spoiled for me, but knowing that, I'm curious about how to continue on in my game. My question is this: since John dies, do you get to continue the game as Jack (finishing up any incomplete bounties/challenges/etc), or is the game just over at the end of the game and you need to reload a previous save? If it's the latter, do you just get to use the US Marshalls outfit on a New Game+ or what?

I realize it may be difficult, but please tiptoe around as many spoilers as you can. While I know *that* John dies, I don't know the how/why or who else bites it.

Gracias in advance.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Halfmex wrote: »
    Okay, so I have a question about the post-endgame, though I'm not quite there yet
    I know John dies at the end, that much has already been spoiled for me, but knowing that, I'm curious about how to continue on in my game. My question is this: since John dies, do you get to continue the game as Jack (finishing up any incomplete bounties/challenges/etc, or is the game just over at the end of the game and you need to reload a previous save? If it's the latter, do you just get to use the US Marshalls outfit on a New Game+ or what?

Gracias in advance.
    You continue on as Jack, three years later. There is a small mission that revolves around him. After that, the game just continues and you can do as you like as Jack.

Esh on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Esh wrote: »
    Halfmex wrote: »
    I know John dies at the end, that much has already been spoiled for me, but knowing that, I'm curious about how to continue on in my game. My question is this: since John dies, do you get to continue the game as Jack (finishing up any incomplete bounties/challenges/etc, or is the game just over at the end of the game and you need to reload a previous save? If it's the latter, do you just get to use the US Marshalls outfit on a New Game+ or what?

Gracias in advance.
    You continue on as Jack, three years later. There is a small mission that revolves around him. After that, the game just continues and you can do as you like as Jack.

Excellent, that's exactly what I needed to know. Thanks.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    [Red Dead Redemption] Courteney Cox Will Rend Your Flesh

jackisreal on
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Replying to an endgame spoiler comment from the last thread:
    Somebody pointed out that previous experience shows that John could easily have handled the number of soldiers outside the barn if he had gone out the back and just used some cover, but chose to sacrifice himself for his family's sake.

This is how I choose to interpret the story too. But, if you were a nitpicker, you could easily take a big shot at this being yet another inconsistency between a game's "gameplay moments" and "story moments". So there's 25 dudes out front of the barn, huh? I've killed 700 people in this game, why is that suddenly a problem? It happens all the time, and somehow as gamers we learn to just ignore it so that we can enjoy stories in our games without hangups. (Why can't I just use a fucking Phoenix Down on Aeris? etc)

But, like I said, it didn't bother me in that way. Probably because I've been playing video games for twenty years. :P

Captain K on
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Captain K wrote: »
    Replying to an endgame spoiler comment from the last thread:
    Somebody pointed out that previous experience shows that John could easily have handled the number of soldiers outside the barn if he had gone out the back and just used some cover, but chose to sacrifice himself for his family's sake.

This is how I choose to interpret the story too. But, if you were a nitpicker, you could easily take a big shot at this being yet another inconsistency between a game's "gameplay moments" and "story moments". So there's 25 dudes out front of the barn, huh? I've killed 700 people in this game, why is that suddenly a problem? It happens all the time, and somehow as gamers we learn to just ignore it so that we can enjoy stories in our games without hangups. (Why can't I just use a fucking Phoenix Down on Aeris? etc)

But, like I said, it didn't bother me in that way. Probably because I've been playing video games for twenty years. :P
    Yeah, but story moment or no, no gunslinger would ever just open a door wide in front of 20 or so soldiers with guns all pointed at him if he expected to have a chance to live.

Esh on
  • Options
    JudasJudas Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Free roam needs about 5 to 7 more tough gang hideouts...maybe entire sections of the map that have bands of 9 - 15 cougars roaming the roads, raiding villages and setting farmsteads on fire.

Judas on
    Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver.
    Situation excellent. I am attacking.

- General Ferdinand Foch
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Judas wrote: »
    Free roam needs about 5 to 7 more tough gang hideouts...maybe entire sections of the map that have bands of 9 - 15 cougars roaming the roads, raiding villages and setting farmsteads on fire.

If you want a challenge, just go to Tanner's Reach and see how long you can stay alive.

Good luck!

Captain K on
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I sure hope they port this game to PC. Imagine being able to spawn 20+ cougars and killing as many as you could until the inevitable.

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    JudasJudas Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I sure hope they port this game to PC. Imagine being able to spawn 20+ cougars and killing as many as you could until the inevitable.

You, sir; I like the cut of your jib.

Judas on
    Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver.
    Situation excellent. I am attacking.

- General Ferdinand Foch
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    So, did we ever end up making up rules for 3:10 to Puma, or have we been struck so terrified of cougars that the idea was forgotten as folly?

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    BehemothBehemoth Compulsive Seashell Collector Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Endgamey spoilers:

Actually a good idea and would give some much needed backstory.
    Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if there were DLC along these lines.

There was a lot of talk about the old days of Dutch's Gang before he "went crazy". It'd be interesting to see exactly what happened.

Behemoth on
    iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    That would be cool.

It's been six years, I guess, since I played Red Dead Revolver, and I don't remember any of the backstory they mention. Probably because the game was so forgettable!

Captain K on
  • Options
    Lt. FraggLt. Fragg Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    [Red Dead Redemption] Nice butte, you work out?

Lt. Fragg on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So I'm hunting skunks, and I get attacked by a wolf and a cougar at the same time. They have teamed up to clense the world of cowboys. So I kill em 'n' skin em, and another cougar attacks. Kill it/skin it. Jump on my horse before a pack of wolf-cougar hybrids can get me but no, cougar kills the horse. I lose sight of the cougar and start running for it, a train is just coming by so I jump on it. Success!

I jump off a few seconds later and work my way back towards skunk hunting country. Whistle in a new horse and i'ts all back to normal except for another fucking cougar! I ride away because this is getting ridiculous when I find myself headed towards an ambush. My cattleman revolver is not up to the task and I die in a hail of bullets even though I used a medicine.

This game goes out of it's way to kill you sometimes.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Man, I've never had these cougar assassins spawn everywhere like you guys do. the most I get is maybe 2 cougars which I dead eye kill then move on.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    Shifty_CalhounShifty_Calhoun Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    There is always 2 cougars. The noisy one and the silent bastard that creeps up behind while you are nailing the noisy one.

Edit (for those I just played with) - Im not Brittish

Shifty_Calhoun on
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Judas wrote: »

You, sir; I like the cut of your jib.

spoilered because it's a .gif... no story spoilers
    302ch3r.jpg

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Huh. I just lost a hand of poker to a guy in Blackwater. He had two kings and two fours. I had two aces and two fours. I'd gone all in.

He died in a hail of gunfire along with most of that cheating, two bit, crummy town.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Didn't you have the better hand? Ace>King?

jackisreal on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    jackisreal wrote: »
    Didn't you have the better hand? Ace>King?

That would be why I went on a killing spree.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

This discussion has been closed.