Options

[iPhone/iPad] games: Your call dropped, use new thread

• Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Anyone play war of eustrath? It looks like kind of a neat super robot wars clone.

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Anyone play war of eustrath? It looks like kind of a neat super robot wars clone.

Yes. It's quite good, for the most part.

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The writing is pretty terrible and way too anime though. The gameplay itself was not bad though

edit: the art ranges from decent to really obviously home made also

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Tilt to live is currently free!

Everyone must get it even though you should already own it. No excuses.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Artreus wrote: »
    The writing is pretty terrible and way too anime though. The gameplay itself was not bad though

edit: the art ranges from decent to really obviously home made also

The sprites would be better if they weren't animated with so few frames
    But it has very solid gameplay that keeps adding new stuff to make interesting

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Adda wrote: »
    Tilt to live is currently free!

Everyone must get it even though you should already own it. No excuses.

Thanks for the heads up, man. Downloading now.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    NaloutoNalouto Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    fucking awesome I just came in to post the same thing,

TILT TO LIVE FOAR FREE

http://itunes.apple.com/app/tilt-to-live/id335454448?mt=8

once again.

Nalouto on
    :winky:
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Xagarath wrote: »
    Will FFt be playable on older models, though?

No info like that out yet, but I really don't feel like FFT (or Mana for that matter) are resource-intensive games by any stretch of the imagination.

desc on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    desc wrote: »
    Xagarath wrote: »
    Will FFt be playable on older models, though?

No info like that out yet, but I really don't feel like FFT (or Mana for that matter) are resource-intensive games by any stretch of the imagination.

Certainly bent the psp over and went wild, though

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    HawkHawk ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Grabbed Tilt 2 Live, pretty enjoyable - at FREE

Hawk on
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Tilt to Live is wonderfully worth free. I paid the $1.99 it is normally and love it.

And Jesus, I can't wait for Secret of Mana and FFT: War of the Lions. Truth be told, FFT is one of the few reasons I'm holding onto my PSP; some of the best localization and general writing I've ever seen in a game. As an English word nerd, it thrills me to see an FF game that actually reads above an eighth-grade reading level. if I hadn't just bought Patapon 2 I might be tempted to just sell it now. :P but I should resist and wait for Valkyria 2 anyway.

I also picked up Galcon Fusion on iPad yesterday - dunno if it still is, but it was on sale from $8 to $2 when I bought it. And Geometry Wars, previously iPad-only, recently got an update that made it a universal iPhone game as well! I'm curious if the controls will feel a little more natural on the smaller device; I want to like it but I still can't quite get the controls under my fingers, so to speak.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2010
    So is iOS 4 out?

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    So is iOS 4 out?

Not yet. And after the fiasco over the ordering of new iPhones, I wonder if Apple is beefing up their servers for the inevitable download rush.

Mr Pink on
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I miss how rpg music used to sound.

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I have an advanced copy of iOS4 and it's awesome. It'll be out June 21st for everyone. Requires iTunes 9.2 to install the update.

9.2 is out now if you want to get ready.

Hawk on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I totally got my dates scrambled. Man, I really hope it's out before work. Organizing my apps into folders will be a nice lunch activity.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Bit Pilot is free today, so sayeth Touch Arcade.

I think Lunker enjoyed that one.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    DusT_HounDDusT_HounD Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    It may have already been discussed at great length, but did anyone else grab Pro Zombie Soccer?

It's having a 99c/ 0.79EUR sale atm, and is one of those wave-shooters, where the zombies come from the right, you're on the left, and the only thing standing between you and oblivion is an array of automatic weaponry... actally that last bit is false- you have a soccer ball instead. Slide up and down to change the angle of your aim, release to kick the ball and kill the zombie minions. As you gain kills, you power up a meter which allows you access to three time- limited special techniques, including, awesomely, a satellite laser...

Although this kind of game can get repetitive, they made a great effort to change up the pace, like having stages where you have to protect someone by shooting round them, or where you might be limited to one weapon; a couple of these are pretty imaginative.

Add to this some funny, inventive writing, great music and graphics, and i'd definitely recommend it if you're looking for some arcade-style zombie bashing.

DusT_HounD on
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Bit Pilot is free today, so sayeth Touch Arcade.

I think Lunker enjoyed that one.

Most assuredly. Tilt to Live and Bit Pilot are cut from the same cloth, so it's fascinating that they both go briefly free around the same time. Both are awesome; I actually ended up liking Bit Pilot more, mostly due to the awesome music, but both are totally worth their regular price, and they're obviously worth "free." :)

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    ios4.0 downloading now, such a mega nerd :D

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

No, a mega nerd would be someone excitedly downloading iOS 4 for his 2G iPhone while planning to buy an iPhone 4 as soon as possible.

...like this guy.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    How long does the download/install take?

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    How long does the download/install take?

It didn't take any longer than a typical 3.x.x upgrade for me. The download is about 350MB.

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So, is this the kind of update where I should unlink my Blizzard authenticator app, upgrade to OS4, then re-link it?

Neurotika on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    cloudeagle wrote: »

No, a mega nerd would be someone excitedly downloading iOS 4 for his 2G iPhone while planning to buy an iPhone 4 as soon as possible.

...like this guy.

How are you downloading is on a 2g? Mine won't even give me the option. It says 3.1.3 is the newest.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    edited June 2010

...like this guy.

How are you downloading is on a 2g? Mine won't even give me the option. It says 3.1.3 is the newest.

Actually I'm not, I'm waiting to get home so I can do it.

Wait, you do mean the second-gen one, not the first-gen one stuck on EDGE, right? First gens get nothing, second gens get limited features.

Edit: Yep, Engadget's saying second-gens should work:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/21/ios-4-now-available/

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    LordNibblerLordNibbler Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    ForceVoid wrote: »
    So, is this the kind of update where I should unlink my Blizzard authenticator app, upgrade to OS4, then re-link it?

I think so. I wouldn't risk it anyways. And hopefully during this time nobody hacks you. :P

I think I'll change my password when I switch to the 4.

LordNibbler on
    Twitter
    PSN: JPBrowncoat Xbox: BamSaidTheLaday Also on Steam! Streaming games!
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    How the hell are you supposed to back up the songs you buy on your iphone when you cant drag and drop them into iTunes?

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    BitPilot is free today: http://freegameoftheday.com/ courtesy of OpenFeint

Hawk on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    How the hell are you supposed to back up the songs you buy on your iphone when you cant drag and drop them into iTunes?

You have to download them again (for free) in iTunes itself. Same thing with apps.

Yeah, it's a complete and utter pain in the ass that you can't transfer most of your stuff from your phone to your computer. I've been redownloading all my games in iTunes to prepare for the iPhone 4.

Edit: Bit Pilot is free now? Goddamn, the free app of the day's been on a roll.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

...like this guy.

Actually I'm not, I'm waiting to get home so I can do it.

Wait, you do mean the second-gen one, not the first-gen one stuck on EDGE, right? First gens get nothing, second gens get limited features.

Edit: Yep, Engadget's saying second-gens should work:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/21/ios-4-now-available/

See I got confused when you called the 3g the 2g.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    edited June 2010
    Bit pilot is from open feint and not faad.

I didn't backup anything just installed and everything is still on my phone. Everything is in folders, sexy time.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

You have to download them again (for free) in iTunes itself. Same thing with apps.

Yeah, it's a complete and utter pain in the ass that you can't transfer most of your stuff from your phone to your computer. I've been redownloading all my games in iTunes to prepare for the iPhone 4.

When you plug your iPhone into your computer there's some kind of well hidden button that says "transfer iPhone purchases" that will put all iPhone-bought apps and songs onto your computer.

wonderpug on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    wonderpug wrote: »

When you plug your iPhone into your computer there's some kind of well hidden button that says "transfer iPhone purchases" that will put all iPhone-bought apps and songs onto your computer.

Really? Not to turn this into the tech help thread, but where is that button? That would save a lot of people a lot of work.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Think you right click your phone in the listing on the left hand side of iTunes. Or you could just chance the install like me :p

My precautions ran to screenshotting my app screens.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    wonderpug wrote: »

Really? Not to turn this into the tech help thread, but where is that button? That would save a lot of people a lot of work.

This seems to be it:
    someguy wrote:
    I was having a lot of trouble getting my iPhone applications to sync with iTunes. I tried doing backups and full syncs to no avail. Finally, in a moment of desperation, I righted clicked on my iPhone and chose the option “Transfer Purchases” and to my suprise and glee I successfully moved my applications onto to my computer.

To transfer applictions to iTunes from your iPhone:

1. Right click on your iPhone in the left hand explorer bar
    2. Select “Transfer Purchases”
    3. You should see a progress bar in iTunes and your phone should read “Sync in Progress”
    4. If everything went as planned, all of your applications that were purchased on your iPhone should now appear in iTunes

wonderpug on
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Does that work for songs as well?

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I've had it work for songs, yes.

wonderpug on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I'm assuming that's just for songs bought through iTunes.

Thanks for the info on this.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    The folders aren't pretty, but there is something to be said about going from seven pages to two.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png