As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4e - MapTool] Game Over - Inactivus wins!

• Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    i will be taking advantage of this opportunity!

hopefully tomorrow or the next day.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    PepiPopaPepiPopa Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Reaping Wind

An ancient bow used by generation of tribals for hunting and execution of hostile tribals. The strongest warrior wielded this bow and it has passed through many hands. The origin of the bow is partially lost by myths and legends surrounding it. The bow grew to a religious symbol to the dominant tribe. Over time this bow has grown to "like" the senseless violence and people fighting over it.It demands to kill and slaughtered and be bathed in blood. The more the better. If it is not happy then it will feed on its wielder much like a leech would - draining the life out of him. As time passed and many tribes grew into villages and towns the bow became lost. Civilization it seems does not sit well with the weapon. There have been speculations that the beasts that have past through the rift with the arrival of the eladrin have been drawn to this primal weapon but in modern time this bow is just a silly religious symbol of a lowly stupid tribals.

Abilities :
    Bloodthirst : Each day the bow requires blood to be spilled near it or preferably by it. A bonus to damage when the wielder bloodies or kills an enemy using the weapon. The Concordance rises as the victims of the battle rise as well. As the Concordance raises the wielder gets to use the power of the bow which is to fire arrows enchanted with the power of the blood and souls spilled fighting. As the concordance gets lower the bow feeds slowly on the user until it finally kills or maims him.
    * Increased Crit damage and crit range
    * Once every few minutes the bow is able to re-animate a fallen enemy and use it for two rounds against its allies. If it feels like it ( I was thinking of a roll)

Discord
    If the Bow feels that the wielder will resist its will or not achieve what it needs - violence the bow will drain its user energy daily until it gets its fill or the user dies. The bow Demands it is the only weapon the wielder uses and if another is used in battle or even dare it spill blood makes it go into discord.

( First artifact I'm not very good at this. My idea is of a chaotic early weapon that like a kid wants what it wants. I was thinking of adding a chaotic element to its procs. Like damage as the Concordance rise and so on. A chaotic weapon made by primitive berserk people.)

PepiPopa on
    Our testament and story is forever death or glory.
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Not bad Pepi. The animation duration doesn't follow 4e durations.

Also, would everyone be able to play at 6pm on Monday? My girlfriend doesn't work that day and we'd be able to start an hour earlier.

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I can play play from 6pm.

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    HeartfinderHeartfinder Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah - 6 is fine. Also have an artifact idea forming in my mind - just really need to flesh the lore surrounding it out.

Heartfinder on
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    You can also add more to it later.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    smeejsmeej Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I thiiiiiiiiink I can make it.

smeej on
    IT'S A SAD THING THAT YOUR ADVENTURES HAVE ENDED HERE!!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Probably more like 6:30 : /

smeej on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Taking a shot at the artifact - things still in flux are the armor type and the history - I came up with this fairly quickly and can change it if need be. Also I may be a few minutes late tonight due to food, we'll see.

Windswept Armor

Type: Hide, though it looks like a set of light plate

Enhancement +2

Properties: Damage Resist 5/-
    Properties: +2 to NADs
    Ability: Negate Critical against wearer of the armor, Immediate Interrupt, Daily
    Negate one critcal scored agianst you per day. You may trigger this when you wish, allowing you to choose the critical to be negated

Discord: This armor is given to those who are brave and do well in battle: as such, if the armor feels its wearer is chickening out of things he or she can do, or even worse do easily, the armor does not protect - rather it will subtly force the wearer into positions that virtually guarantee damage to the wearer. It does not care about other armor - only that the person under this armor is worthy of wearing it.

Effects of Discord:
    Damage Protection becomes Damage Vulnerability
    All enhancements become maluses
    Ability to negate crits backfires and forces the next hit against the wearer to crit. This is random and can trigger any time a hit is scored against the wearer of the armor.

History:

This light all-purpose armor was manufactured in great quantities during the Arcane Wars, but due to factors such as time, rising anger towards the arcane after the wars, and and the loss of the arts used to manufacture these in greater quantities, has left this suit of armor as one of the, if not the last, remaining of its type. Being designed for mass production renders it more of a jack-of-all-trades armor rather than being prized for the situations that other armor would be built for, but its qualities still made it desirable for front liners during the Wars.

It wasn't given to every single man who went out on the front lines - that would have taken too much time and energy out of the ones who did such work - they were given to squad leaders - ones still on the front lines but could change the tides of battle by striking down the other side's leaders or being struck doen themselves, and to avoid the latter, this armor type was devised and was a major success.

Heartfinder on
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Bonus XP for the artifacts will be posted after tonight's session. If everyone can't make it at 6pm, we won't start until 7pm.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Also, we're going to test out b72 tonight! Please keep a copy of b70 ready to use in case b72 is not usable.

http://www.rptools.net/download/zip/maptool-1.3.b72.zip

I hope that version fixes the chat notification spasm spam. I will be saving a backup copy of the campaign in case b72 causes fatal corruption.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Server is up and ready for whenever all our players log on. Now with new and improved bard burninating Wall of Fire! :mrgreen:

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Fixeded

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It's telling me that the server is on b70 instead of b72.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Oops... yeah, we had to go back to b70 and I forgot to mention it. Pepi couldn't select anything without the program throwing null pointer errors in b72.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Internet is flaking out on me. Augh. Going to reboot modem, router, and pc.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Fate denies your TPK.

smeej on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Ok, server back up. Let's try this again.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Anyone else disconnected / not seeing the server?

smeej on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Yeah

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, can't seem to get back in

Vic on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I think the reptile... ate the DM

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    That or the server rolled a nat 1 on its stability check.

Heartfinder on
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    My modem crapped out on me and when I called comcast after rebooting it didn't work... they had an outage. Sorry about the interruption.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Thought it might be your internet. Hearing that you're stuck with Comcast makes me :(

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Aegis wrote: »
    Thought it might be your internet. Hearing that you're stuck with Comcast makes me :(

I've had good luck with them in the past and unfortunately, they're the only broadband in town.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Server is up, using version b73 if anyone is available to test and make sure the null-pointer errors are gone.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Testing done. I'll have updated XP totals and a short review of last night's session up some time this evening.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    hey guys

sorry to miss yesterday's game

i'm the dude who sucks

plus i got depression

achewood reference

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    No worries. I knew you wouldn't be able to make it each session. We didn't kill your character, though it came close. You were at -3 and about ready to get blasted when you rolled a 25 on your death save! Natural 20 and a +5 bonus from the Warden.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Session 008: Peril Beneath Kalle!

Encounter XP Gained: 1200 xp to Onyx, Rei, Jonathan, Janus, Igneous, and Mian Kas
    Bonus XP Gained: None

The wall of fire blazed bright and strong, driving back the Earthen, burning away roots and steam. The bard screamed as flames licked all around him. Rei lanced the fire elemental with a radiant beam and Mian leapt through the wall of roaring flames, pushing off of the demonic altar to speed his passage through the heat. Battered and bloody, the Order of the Fiery Shield hacked at the Ice Wurm and the Fire Elemental as Naum Thomas drew strength from the Altar of Winter and the Altar of the Dragon, feeding the demonic ritual. The Arcane Shield phased in and out of existance as the bard attacked the shield, seeking to get to the mayor of Kalle.

Mian threw the a burlap bag with the pulsing green gems in it at the shield. The tunneler worm eggs cracked and blasted the shield with acid. The Arcane Shield exploded, leaving behind the stench of brimstone and no trace of Naum Thomas. A wave of force blasted into the tomb, obliterating the elementals, destroying several of the ceremonial statues and knocking down each of the party members. As the group recovered from the explosion, two massive elementals emerged from the portals above the Altar of Winter and the Altar of the Dragon. The Guardian of Fire, Incendius, and the Guardian of Winter, Aumanthorax, approached the wary and weary Order.

"Mortals... you have thwarted the Master Demonologist Naum Thomas."
    "However, the threat he poses forces us to act."
    "With your consent, we will send you to the stronghold of the Demonologist, but you must collect the tools necessary to end his power forever."
    "Beneath this Crypt, seek out the ancient city of the myconids and take from them the [Crown of the Mushroom King]."
    "In the Summerlands, earn the [Amulet of the Wind Dancer] from the island folk."
    "Atop the Wyrmspire Peak, steal the [Rod of Law] from the Council of Drahken."
    "At the depths of the Eternal Sea, gather the [Heart of Pure Rain]."
    "Bring these treasures back to us on the night of the Summer's Solstice in three months."

The two elementals exploded into a vortex of fire and ice that washed over the Order of the Fiery Shield, leaving each of them marked in some way and their wounds healed. Upon the brow of the stony warden, the [Mark of Winter] blazed in somber blue. The bard bore the [Mark of Summer] in gold. The radiant cleric, Rei, bore the [Mark of Spring] in pale green. The [Mark of Autumn] blazed in scarlet and gold upon the palms of Jonathan. Igneous had the [Mark of Celeste], a fiery sun carved upon his back and Janus was emblazoned with the [Mark of Karees], a pale, luminescent crescent moon.

Unsure of what to make of these marks and the dire words of the elemental guardians, the group decided to seek out the myconids in the caverns below first. They discovered the bloody remains of the two cultists that fled and a flooded set of stairs leading deeper into the earth. The water stirred, driven upwards by a massive bulk. Igneous stepped forward for a better look and a blinded basilisk surged out of the water, snapping ferociously at the earthen barbarian.

The water churned red with the blood of the cultists. As the Order pondered their next action---

[Server]We apologize for this interruption. The server is shutting down immediately for emergency maintenance.
    Treasure Update
    • 1 unadorned, plain dagger
    • 1 map of the Thore River Vale w/Bounty on Onyx on the back...
    • 2,250 gp in various coins and gems in an old treasure chest...
    • Sunblade +2 (Long sword)
    • Fiery Shield (Encounter Power: Fiery Strike, triggered when bearer is critically hit. Next attack deals +2d6 fire damage.)
    • Potions of Superior Healing (15 hp for a surge) x4
    XP Update

Onyx Steeltoe (Aegis): 7,900 xp
    • Completed the Allies & Enemies XP Opportunity (+500 xp)
    • Completed the Encounter: The Road to Kalle (+150 xp)
    • Completed the 'Create a Monster' XP Opportunity (+500 xp)
    • Pointed out DM's Dumb Script Error (+100 xp)
    • Completed the 1st Encounter of Worms, Spiders, and OMG NOT THE TENTCALES?! (+600 xp)
    • Completed the Racial Power XP Opportunity (+750 xp)
    • Completed the 2nd Encounter of Worms, Spiders, and OMG NOT THE TENTCALES?! (+400 xp)
    • Helped the DM Refine Yet More Dumb Script Error's (+100 xp)
    • Completed the 3rd & 4th Encounters of Worms, Spiders, and OMG NOT THE TENTACLES?! (+350 xp)
    • Completed the Worms, Spiders, and OMG NOT THE TENTACLES?! Dungeon (+1200 xp)
    • Completed the Create an Organization XP Opportunity (+1000 xp)
    • Completed the Point of Light XP Opportunity (+750 xp)
    • Completed the 1st Encounter of the Ancient Crypt of Kalle (+300 xp)
    • Completed the Final Encounter of the Ancient Crypt of Kalle (+1200 xp)

Mian Kas (PepiPopa): 8,800 xp
    • Completed the Point of Light XP Opportunity (+750xp)
    • Completed the 1st Encounter of Worms, Spiders, and OMG NOT THE TENTCALES?! (+600 xp)
    • Completed the 2nd Encounter of Worms, Spiders, and OMG NOT THE TENTCALES?! (+400 xp)
    • Added a number of Bard powers to the Compendium (+250 xp)
    • Completed the 3rd & 4th Encounters of Worms, Spiders, and OMG NOT THE TENTACLES?! (+350 xp)
    • Helped the New Player Create their Token (+250 xp)
    • Completed the Create an Artifact XP Opportunity (+1000 xp)

Jonathan (Vic): 7,300 xp
    • Made the DM Laugh (+100 xp)

Rei Alennago (Heartfinder): 6,950 xp
    • Completed the 1st Encounter of Worms, Spiders, and OMG NOT THE TENTCALES?! (+600xp)
    • Completed the Point of Light XP Opportunity (+750 xp)
    • Completed the Create an Artifact XP Opportunity (+1000 xp)

Janus Portent (Horseshoe): 7,550 xp
    • Made the DM Laugh "The lesser of two weevils." (+100 xp)
    • Completed the DM Review XP Opportunity (+500 xp)
    • Completed the Create a Monster XP Opportunity (+500 xp)

Igenous (smeej): 3,450 xp
    Level Updates

Mian Kas gains a level and is now level 6!
    Onyx gains a level and is now level 6!
    Janus Portent gains a level and is now level 6!
    Rei Alennago gains a level and is now level 5!

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Also, I totally plan on continuing my plan of feeding the blind, six-legged crocodile with the bodies of the half-dozen cultists we killed until it either bursts from all the food or falls asleep.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I'm sure that will be very comforting for your allies as they also fill the belly of the beast and you and Igneous are left to turn into piles of mud. :mrgreen:

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Oooho level 6 <3. Every week we seem to have a problem . Just our luck i guess.Captain i was wondering what are the rules on alchemy in this setting? Can i take it as a feat?

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    SkyCaptain wrote: »
    I'm sure that will be very comforting for your allies as they also fill the belly of the beast and you and Igneous are left to turn into piles of mud. :mrgreen:

I'm still fine-tuning the plan okay.

Edit: Updated my character to 6 and found I like absolutely no class or racial feats. However, I do like these heritage feats and think they fit quite nicely (plus given the dearth of other feats, it will occupy my 8th and 10th level choices until I get more interesting choices in paragon).

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Sure, take Alchemy. I can always remove it later if it becomes a problem. :mrgreen: Hopefully next week will go off without a hitch. We'll be using b73, since b74 (if it's out by then) is just a localization upgrade and none of you use foreign languages as far as I know. I don't even know if you can use a different language with other people or if you have to use the servers language. I really hope b73 is stable and error free though. It'd be nice to have real chat notifications working instead of the spasm there is in b70.

Anyone have a good idea for an XP Opportunity this week?

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Been thinking for a few days now.. I got nothing. Captain do we have to be in town to train or can i have 1 alchemy recipe of my lever or lower for free?:winky:

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Would probably make more sense to return to town to get that since there's an alchemist there.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    So it's not looking like I can make it tonight, as the revolving door of our dinner plans has finally decided to settle on me being away from home for a while.

And I'm moving back to uni come Wednesday. I should be back the following Monday since I hope to god it doesn't take me 5 days to move back into my apartment, but just in case.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Ok. Thanks for letting me know ahead of time.

SkyCaptain on