As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40k] Tim is on a horse. Monocle smile!

• Options
    It BurnsIt Burns Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Someone mentioned Alien Swarm 40k Skins a while back.

How do I get them?

It Burns on
    The slowest painter. Ever.
  • Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Well, back from High Lords. In short, I got pantsed :P.

I won 1, drew 1, lost three, but all of them were really close and all my opponents were fantastic. With a bit more luck and a bit less dumb (I made a few bad decisions) in the ones I lost, I could have won. In the one I drew, well, it just ended on the wrong turn.

Fantasy Time!

Asher on
    I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Awww. My omen didn't work for you?

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    attachment.php?attachmentid=92942&d=1279974625

<3

(And yes I know this isn't Fantasy)

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    No-Quarter wrote: »

<3

The whole rules section is just half a page of Norris's stats and special abilities. The whole rest of the book is just Chuck Norris facts.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Mystery.ShadowMystery.Shadow Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    No-Quarter wrote: »

<3

The whole rules section is just half a page of Norris's stats and special abilities. The whole rest of the book is just Chuck Norris facts.

The whole rules section is only one rule in the book. And that is: If you field Chuck Norris, you automatically win the game. Your opponents army is completely destroyed and your opponent gets a roundhouse kick to the head.

Mystery.Shadow on
    WARNING! MMO Addiction can Prevent Long-Term Employment, a Meaningful Relationship, and Financial Independence. When's the Next Raid?

I Spent 90% of my Money on Women and Warhammer. The Rest I Wasted.
  • Options
    HuntzyHuntzy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Havne't we already agreed that commisar yarrick is the chuck norris of 40k?

Huntzy on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    If the thread decided that, I wasn't here to agree. Don't get me wrong, Yarrick is a nasty mother fucker, but Norris would not have let the orks get away, and he certainly wouldn't have passed out afterward

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    KrakaggarKrakaggar Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Nax wrote: »
    If the thread decided that, I wasn't here to agree. Don't get me wrong, Yarrick is a nasty mother fucker, but Norris would not have let the orks get away, and he certainly wouldn't have passed out afterward

Fuckin' blasphemer! D:

Dude's practically a saint.

Also,

Does anyone have a spare "door" for the old Leman Russ kit? I ripped the HB sponsons of my LRBT and I realized that I:

a) Didn't glue on the little doors underneath them and

b) Only have one of said doors.

Is my only solution to make one out of green stuff?

Krakaggar on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Yarrick let them go so they could breed and return to allow himself some fun

Huntzy on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Yarrick doesn't have fun. He lives to preserve the sanctity of the Imperium of Mankind. He does not suffer the alien or heretic to live.

Nax on
  • Options
    Steel-LionSteel-Lion Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yarrick doesn't have fun. He lives to preserve the sanctity of the Imperium of Mankind. He does not suffer the alien or heretic to live.

Except on Tuesdays, when he takes the Fortress of Arrogance to the local strip club.

Steel-Lion on
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I was thinking of ways you could do a new Dark Angel dex, and was thinking of ways their troops could be viable in assault without...

- giving them the ability to withdraw and get out of the way (combat tactics, c:sm)
    - troops having a billion attacks (space wolves)
    - troops having furious charge (blood angels)
    - troops having preferred enemy (Templar)

The only thing left for the dark Angel tactical marines viable is relentless! Which is just perfect, because it's fluffy, makes them great shooters and means they're not boned from lack of attacks when they need to assault something because they can rapid-fire it first.

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Why, Matrias.... why were you thinking of this?

Nax on
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That would actually be pretty fun.

Dayspring on
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    Mad JazzMad Jazz gotta go fast AustinRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Mad Jazz wrote: »
    altmann wrote: »
    someone play alien swarm with me FFS.

IT's free and it's from valve and there are already 40k skins for it so it's basically space hulk.

steam ID is: altmann (go figure!)

As soon as I get steam to stop crashing on startup, I'm there. Also, once I finish moving?

Alien Swarm not available for mac. Yet another title that I can't play, despite valve's big press release to go along with steam for mac saying they'll be publishing a bunch of good games for osx, only one of which has materialized.

Mad Jazz on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010

I thought we already established Matrias is Jervis Johnson's secret love child.

Dayspring on
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So we have one week left in the little league a few friends and I were trying, and I haven't had much trouble with the marine lists I was facing.

For reference, here is the list I was using. I'm really happy with how the list has been doing.

I've only played 3 of the 4 active guys in the group, a Blood angel player, a Marine Player, and a Space Wolf Player.

(the wolf guy ran a all Terminator army with Grimnar.)

I'm trying to get my final game in with the other BA player, and he'll be the real challenge. He's actually KublaKhan from around these parts (He's just been lurking for a while)

Cam - if you read this, I'm calling you out!

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Because blood angels Tacticals are almost useless, and that's not right for any marines chapter. I was thinking if there was a future DA codex, they could have the same problem.

I suppose they could be given combat tactics, but lets leave something for the main Marine book, okay? :)

Dayspring wrote: »

He left me in a dumpster to be raised by hobos. :(

Matrias on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

IT's free and it's from valve and there are already 40k skins for it so it's basically space hulk.

As soon as I get steam to stop crashing on startup, I'm there. Also, once I finish moving?

Alien Swarm not available for mac. Yet another title that I can't play, despite valve's big press release to go along with steam for mac saying they'll be publishing a bunch of good games for osx, only one of which has materialized.

"whine whine whine I have a mac and I can't play games on it I can't believe this is happening!"

Matrias on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Matrias wrote: »

"whine whine whine I have a mac and I can't play games on it I can't believe this is happening!"

One game, being portal, tf2, half 2 (with episodes 1 and 2), counter-strike source, and day of defeat source. Those are just the titles valve has personally released for mac.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Apple sucks.

It Burns on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Because blood angels Tacticals are almost useless, and that's not right for any marines chapter. I was thinking if there was a future DA codex, they could have the same problem.

Meh. They're not USELESS... I mean, if you're going to run Tycho they make thematic sense. Although, I'd only ever put Tycho with Sternguard, so maybe thats out.

Personally, I think its quite fine. Yeah, Tacticals are the bread and butter of a codex marine army, but thats how every other Marine army is setup (save BT). I think it just adds another element that sets us apart.

I ran at least two squads of Tacticals under the PDF, but I honestly can't remember taking them under the new Codex once I was making serious lists, and I'm quite okay with that.

Nax on
  • Options
    SlapnutsSlapnuts Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Man, fuck you Ork trukk assembly. Fuck you.

Slapnuts on
    There are some acts so ruthless, some deeds so unpalatable, that only the Vlka Fenryka are capable of undertaking them. It's what we were bred for. It's the way we were designed. Without qualm or sentiment, without hesitation or whimsy. We take pride in being the only Astartes who will never, under any circumstances, refuse to strike on the Allfather's behalf, no matter what the target, no matter what the cause.
  • Options
    drama_drama_ Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    i've cut my hands too many times to count assembling my god damned ork trukks

drama_ on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Gork 'n Mork appreciate your sacrifice.

Krakaggar on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Meh. They're not USELESS... I mean, if you're going to run Tycho they make thematic sense. Although, I'd only ever put Tycho with Sternguard, so maybe thats out.

Personally, I think its quite fine. Yeah, Tacticals are the bread and butter of a codex marine army, but thats how every other Marine army is setup (save BT). I think it just adds another element that sets us apart.

I ran at least two squads of Tacticals under the PDF, but I honestly can't remember taking them under the new Codex once I was making serious lists, and I'm quite okay with that.
    BA players maybe okay with that, but I was pointing out a similar danger for DA players happening, who in a new codex would probably need Tactical marines as a cheaper troop choice to back up their expensive Raven\Deathwing choices.

Anyways, I was just putting Relentless down as away of making their tacticals goods without out taking combat tactics uniqueness from the codex book. Not having any special rule at all would be just horrible.

This is all moot because there is going to probably be no new DA codex anytime soon.

(though there they have a better chance then Templars! Nya! :p)

Matrias on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    There's a guy selling the Dark Angels Ravenwing Battleforce + codex for 65 bucks.

So tempted. D:

(But I gotta finish my *first* army)

Krakaggar on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Finishing an army.

El oh el

It Burns on
  • Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    i had this crazy idea that the local guys (me, nax, scurvy, spherick) could like.. get together and do a mad-dash painting/basing day to literally just complete an entire army for each guy so we could all have fully painted armies. I know nax needs help, so his could get done in a day since they're all assembled, and i know spherick's nurgle dudes can be painted assembly line no problem, we could get an entire army done in a day easily.

Just a thought...

altmann on
    Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    SpherickSpherick Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    i had this crazy idea that the local guys (me, nax, scurvy, spherick) could like.. get together and do a mad-dash painting/basing day to literally just complete an entire army for each guy so we could all have fully painted armies. I know nax needs help, so his could get done in a day since they're all assembled, and i know spherick's nurgle dudes can be painted assembly line no problem, we could get an entire army done in a day easily.

Just a thought...

That sounds fucking rad Altmann. We could also have some BBQ shenanigans again if y'all want. What day is good for you on the weekends?

Spherick on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    It Burns wrote: »
    Finishing an army.

El oh el

Well, at least get the shit I have built and painted.

I'm at the point where I really don't need to buy anything further.

That's what I keep telling myself, anyway.

Krakaggar on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Krakaggar wrote: »
    It Burns wrote: »
    Finishing an army.

El oh el

Well, at least get the shit I have built and painted.

I'm at the point where I really don't need to buy anything further.

That's what I keep telling myself, anyway.
    You play guard right well your not done until you have enough guardsman to fill out an army group titans a 1000 page book of background story and each individual guardman named

Huntzy on
  • Options
    Captain ScurvyCaptain Scurvy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Just a thought...

i fully support this idea, as most of my guys actually only need to be based. We could finish up a whole damn army in a day. If you talk to jacob im pretty sure he'd let us use the shop like he did for paint craigs grey army day.

Captain Scurvy on
    [Enter Witty Catch Phrase Here]
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Dayspring wrote: »

He left me in a dumpster to be raised by hobos. :(

Nottingham hobos...angry and feral, stalking the cold, barren streets in search of alcohol.
    Man, no wonder you ended up playing space wolves

Dayspring on
  • Options
    Mystery.ShadowMystery.Shadow Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Huntzy wrote: »
    You play guard right well your not done until you have enough guardsman to fill out an army group titans a 1000 page book of background story and each individual guardman named

You may have been sarcastic, but I know someone who has named each and every one of his Sisters of Battle. Every single one has their name painted on their base.
    Creepy....

Mystery.Shadow on
    WARNING! MMO Addiction can Prevent Long-Term Employment, a Meaningful Relationship, and Financial Independence. When's the Next Raid?

I Spent 90% of my Money on Women and Warhammer. The Rest I Wasted.
  • Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah. It would mainly be an issue of when Nax could get a saturday/sunday off that we also all have off. Then we'd have to decide where to go. Certainly the shop would work, though that would be less beer-full and bbq-ish.

I will have to come up with a weekend in advance (maybe in Sep?) I'm out of town this weekend, but if we can do it far enough in advance, we can prep and get what's needed. Honestly, I vote we do nax's first since he's been playing with a grey tide for too long and now that he has a valid codex, grey mans is just a shame... That is, if he feels like he wants us to paint that shiz...

altmann on
    Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    One day i'll do an ork army and name each ork, and each ork will have their own personalised back banner signifying which house they belong to in an old school fashion.

Dayspring on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    The thing about me, is that I actually need to solidify a list I love enough to devote time to making it 100% WYSIWYG, so I can have the models to be painted :P

I'm totally down for hanging out and doing whatever I can to help (or hinder? :P) such an endeavor though.

Sunday's is best/easiest for me

Nax on
  • Options
    SlapnutsSlapnuts Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Scurvy, don't worry about sending Flight Of The Eisenstein to me. I finished Galaxy In Flames this weekend and went out and bought it.

Not a big fan of the ending of GiF. Overall, False Gods is my favorite so far.

Slapnuts on
    There are some acts so ruthless, some deeds so unpalatable, that only the Vlka Fenryka are capable of undertaking them. It's what we were bred for. It's the way we were designed. Without qualm or sentiment, without hesitation or whimsy. We take pride in being the only Astartes who will never, under any circumstances, refuse to strike on the Allfather's behalf, no matter what the target, no matter what the cause.
This discussion has been closed.