As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The E3 Keynote Thread - EA Conference @ youtube.com/e3

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'd say the middle vertical row is looking pretty good for Sony

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Jintor wrote: »
    Rakai wrote: »
    Valve's surprise event better be surprising

TEAM LIFE 4 DEAD : PORTAL

Wasn't it canceled?

They had some event scheduled that was cancelled, to be replaced by a surprise

the surprise better not be the absence of an event

They announce Half-Life 2 ep.3 and release it on Steam at the same time.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010

I think the vertical row on the right of middle has a slightly better chance...

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Olivaw wrote: »
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    eelektrik wrote: »
    You know what would kick ass and take names? If Metroid Dread showed up again at this E3, as a launch title for the 3DS. I want more side scrolling Metroid.

I'd be okay with this!

Metroid Fusion was a fantastic game

edit: jesus christ badman

There's no excuse for that shit!

There's plenty of excuses. The most obvious is that i'm at work doing these and my paint skill do not exist.

Well then maybe you should not be doing this until you are in a place where you can do it right!

Because otherwise you are just going "sorry about your eyes guys" as you stab us in the eyes

New card. This one is better!

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Foefaller wrote: »
    Rakai wrote: »
    Valve's surprise event better be surprising

TEAM LIFE 4 DEAD : PORTAL

Wasn't it canceled?

They had some event scheduled that was cancelled, to be replaced by a surprise

the surprise better not be the absence of an event

They announce Half-Life 2 ep.3 and release it on Steam at the same time.

Honestly, this is how I would do things if I were them -- even if I didn't have it finished now, I'm just saying that when I did have it finished I would release it as a surprise. The insta-hype would be legendary.

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    eelektrik wrote: »
    You know what would kick ass and take names? If Metroid Dread showed up again at this E3, as a launch title for the 3DS. I want more side scrolling Metroid.

I'd be okay with this!

Metroid Fusion was a fantastic game

edit: jesus christ badman

There's no excuse for that shit!

There's plenty of excuses. The most obvious is that i'm at work doing these and my paint skill do not exist.

Well then maybe you should not be doing this until you are in a place where you can do it right!

Because otherwise you are just going "sorry about your eyes guys" as you stab us in the eyes

New card. This one is better!

Yes indeed

You get a gold star

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Figured out how to make transparent circles to mark the cards in real time come monday.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Figured out how to make transparent circles to mark the cards in real time come monday.

Wouldn't it be faster to just make a red circle, then copy it and every time you need to mark something, Ctrl+V?

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Holy shitting cockknuckle, we're living in the future!

I think the vertical row on the right of middle has a slightly better chance...
    Yeah, column 4 is where it's at. 4 of those things either have precedent or have already happened. It's just a matter of whether Sony has realized that putting PS2 games up digitally is potential moneybags.

Monger on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Also, a bit more of a MMO-related thing, but I hope Bioware will be anouncing when the SWTOR beta starts as well.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Also, a bit more of a MMO-related thing, but I hope Bioware will be anouncing when the SWTOR beta starts as well.

We can only pray

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    The only thing I see in the middle column potentially not happening is an Uncharted 3 trailer though

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    to be honest, it's hard for me to nail down exactly what I want from sony and microsoft. I've already accepted the fact that it's going to be a tech-demo heavy conference and that that's not what I'd really want from them. The game that I'm most excited for between either of them is the last gaurdian, so maybe I just want some new IPs. Bulletstorm also looks pretty sweet but I've been sick of shooters for a long time now. I really can't think of any sequels off the top of my head that I'm super psyched for. As a star wars fanatic, I'll keep a close eye on TFUII but the first one so thoroughly disappointed me I'm going to remain pessimistic until I see something that really wows me.

it's a lot easier for me to say what I want from nintendo just because so much of their press conference is already confirmed. I want the 3Ds to wow me, I want zelda to floor me, and I want just one surprise I wasn't expecting.

Guek on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

We can only pray

Son, hokey religions ain't no match for a good blaster at your side.

I think you know what I'm saying.

Do you know what I'm saying?

I think you know what I'm saying.

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Guek wrote: »
    to be honest, it's hard for me to nail down exactly what I want from sony and microsoft. I've already accepted the fact that it's going to be a tech-demo heavy conference and that that's not what I'd really want from them.
    Last year was a tech demo heavy conference. This year they better goddamn well have some consumer software, considering that their products are going to be shipping out here in about 4 months.
    it's a lot easier for me to say what I want from nintendo just because so much of their press conference is already confirmed. I want the 3Ds to wow me, I want zelda to floor me, and I want just one surprise I wasn't expecting.
    The 3DS is, in actuality, the Virtual Boy Pocket.

Monger on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Monger wrote: »
    to be honest, it's hard for me to nail down exactly what I want from sony and microsoft. I've already accepted the fact that it's going to be a tech-demo heavy conference and that that's not what I'd really want from them.
    Last year was a tech demo heavy conference. This year they better goddamn well have some consumer software, considering that their products are going to be shipping out here in about 4 months.

maybe i should clarify. i consider anything that can't be a standalone game to be a "tech demo." I don't think move or natal are going to have killer apps. Sony is going to assume that their wii sports clone is going to cinch them the expanded audience and MS is going to rely on...acrobats.

Guek on
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    What exactly are they trying to do with their motion control stuff? Are they trying to directly compete with the wii, or do they genuinely think its the next big thing?

I just don't see how they can be competitive unless they start boxing the damn things with the consoles, if NATAL or move end up being another 100+ bucks on top of the console price tag I can't see who'd even bother with it.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Oh hey I just looked at the schedule

Looks like Konami is the only conference work is going to interfere with

And I only really care about Lords of Shadow and Metal Gear Rising anyways

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Zelda.

Zelda.

Zelda.

Don't care, at all, about anything else.

Graviija on
  • Options
    JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Honestly, this is how I would do things if I were them -- even if I didn't have it finished now, I'm just saying that when I did have it finished I would release it as a surprise. The insta-hype would be legendary.

Normally I'd be like, man that would never work, how would you build up hype, but seeing as Valve is a) Valve and b) rolling around in pools filled with money, I think they could spare the expense

Jintor on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Oh yeah, I really want to see some stuff about Lords of Shadow at E3 too

Like, a release date

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    CheesecakeRecipeCheesecakeRecipe "Should not be allowed to post in the Steam Thread" - Isorn Squalor Victoria, Squalor Victoria!Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    There was a lolrumor floating about of the 3DS having an added control stick for extra control options or something, and it got me thinking.

3D?
    Joystick?
    Nintendo?
    Franchise that needs love?

Starfox please! Even though the DS version wasn't so hot I'd love to see them revisit the old boy. I know i'm just dreaming though.

Other than that, I was looking forward to Valve's surprise that got canceled, so that's a huge chunk of Christmas canceled for this cheesecake. Oh well. Bring on the awkward Move + Natal conferences!

CheesecakeRecipe on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    starfox 3ds? screw that. i want a refresh on a mainline starfox console title.

starfox is another one of nintendo's franchises I could see them using to partner up with high profile developers. Yes, i realize that namco did starfox assault, but see that game was bad. maybe they should give it to someone that can make it good again.

Guek on
  • Options
    CheesecakeRecipeCheesecakeRecipe "Should not be allowed to post in the Steam Thread" - Isorn Squalor Victoria, Squalor Victoria!Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    starfox 3ds? screw that. i want a refresh on a mainline starfox console title.

starfox is another one of nintendo's franchises I could see them using to partner up with high profile developers. Yes, i realize that namco did starfox assault, but see that game was bad. maybe they should give it to someone that can make it good again.

Yeah I found Assault pretty lackluster too. They're going to need to rekindle some magic to get back up to Starfox 64 quality.

CheesecakeRecipe on
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sony Card:
    SonyBingo2010.jpg

I made it, and closed the unsaved .psd after I exported to .jpg, so I had to fuck with color levels. My apologies to your eyes.

Looked pretty solid except for the last card on the bottom left. Then it just became :(

Seriously, why is Sony not funding that? Why aren't they funding it??????????

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Because why would Sony fund a multiplatform project?

It has too much earning potential to not be multiplatform

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Because funding it would guarantee its exclusivity.

Duh.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Duh.

All they would have to do is have a stipulation that in the PS3 version, you can save Aeris. Game over, man.

Speaking of which, did anyone ever check online after FF7 came out to find out if there really was a super-secret way to save or revive her? I remember seeing crap like people claiming you could save her by leveling up to level 99 on the train platform at the start of the game or re-entering the Lifestream and going on some crazy quest to find this special revive matera.

People on the internet can be real jerks.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Duh.

All they would have to do is have a stipulation that in the PS3 version, you can save Aeris. Game over, man.

Speaking of which, did anyone ever check online after FF7 came out to find out if there really was a super-secret way to save or revive her? I remember seeing crap like people claiming you could save her by leveling up to level 99 on the train platform at the start of the game or re-entering the Lifestream and going on some crazy quest to find this special revive matera.

Never fell for it, but I did try something similar way back during the SNES days regarding Mega Man X.
    I was told if I had all my weapons fully energized, and exhausted all of them while fighting Vile, I could destroy his indestructible Ride Armor and keep Zero from dying. I actually managed to pull this of and survive the fight for a good 10 minutes.

I found out this was a lie and was :(

But then Zero came back in X2 and I was :D

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Because Squeenix is doing so well with exclusivity these days.

By the way, if Versus XIII is still PS3-only after E3 is done and over with, I will be so surprised.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Duh.

I may or may not have embarked on one of these quests

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    does square have any non-FF or kingdom hearts games at E3?

Guek on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Nerkas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMfBKTfMi0Q&feature=related

Also Third Birthday.

And a bunch of Eidos games nobody cares about.
    not counting the next Batman

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I have to say. That new Itagaki game really looks kind of cool

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I have to say. That new Itagaki game really looks kind of cool

I was incredibly shocked how he had tossed aside his old cliches of focusing on tits and gore to create a sophisticated looking RPG.

Oh wait....no.....it's just another game with tits and gore.
    I actually am interested

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I like sophisticmacated RPGs as much as the next guy.

But sometimes I just want to cut people.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Well, I'll be honest....I was hoping for the same game, but instead involving robot ninjas.

Instead we get another Kill Bill knockoff.

Robot Ninjas never get old. Never.

• Options
    edited June 2010
    Though. I have to say I do love Itagaki's ego.

"The Legendary Itagaki!"

That guy is hilarious.

That being said, Ninja Gaiden 2 was a big disappointment for me so hopefully he does good things with this.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Another Kill Bill knockoff

To add to the list of...Wet.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Nerkas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMfBKTfMi0Q&feature=related

Also Third Birthday.

And a bunch of Eidos games nobody cares about.

not counting the next Batman

Dude, Deus Ex 3. Certainly looks better than, say, XCom.

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.