As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Shit That Smells Good (not actual shit)

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I don't think that's exactly how the song goes crwth

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    you have to spray extra axe into your pubes and armpits

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Crwth wrote that song, Grey Ghost.

I think he would know how it goes.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I don't think that's exactly how the song goes crwth

look it's been a bit since i've heard the song alright

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    crwth is big boi?

I've been meaning to tell him that I love his latest stuff

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Fat_IdiotFat_Idiot __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    puppy breath

Fat_Idiot on
    wat
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    What I need is a professional sniffer.

I have too many smelly things and I can't possibly wear them all. I need to know which ones smell nice on me. What I need is a talking dog.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    Mustachio JonesMustachio Jones jerseyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I picked up some of the new Old Spice fresh collection mentioned on the second page today. Matterhorn. "smells like ice, wind, and freedom."

I smell so good.

we'll see if the sentiments are shared among the people that have to endure my presence.

Mustachio Jones on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

I have too many smelly things and I can't possibly wear them all. I need to know which ones smell nice on me. What I need is a talking dog.

I'm occasionally called a dog when I talk, is that close enough?

Straightzi on
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Straightzi you are hired.

One thing that always gets to me though, is wondering: is perfume appropriate on girls? Like lipstick, I've always thought of lipstick as being something an adult would wear.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    Clayton BigsbyClayton Bigsby Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    This right here. This is my kind of thread.

The great thing about cologne is that because the note combinations are nearly endless, and the market is so flooded with great options there's something for literally every taste. And there is a bounty of great stuff available on the web for remarkably cheap.

I...guess that's more than one great thing! And I like the word great!

And I'll be the first to admit that I've probably purchased more cologne than I care to admit.

Currently rockin dis, which doesn't look like it (the bottle is made of like this cheap tin) but it is the classiest shit.

Also, I'm pretty sure that's more or less how that song goes, Grey ghost

edit: That depends, Muse. How young are we talking? In general I'd say it's not inherently inappropriate for most age groups, but I've had my fair share of even grown women that can't seem to take a hint about discretion and leave the whole room reeking

Clayton Bigsby on
  • Options
    BackwardsnameBackwardsname __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    The best smell is cooking onions. I love that.

Alternatively, anything baking smells lovely as well.

garlic and onions in olive oil

man

there is a reason 95% of italian cooking starts with that

Backwardsname on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    on topic, I just rub garlic cloves all over my body to start my day

ladies love that shit

Backwardsname on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Usually if I don't like how a person smells I won't be attracted to them, even if they have some looks.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Usually if I don't like how a person smells I won't be attracted to them, even if they have some looks.

man I would definitely do a stinky person if they attractive

stinky can be fixed in 10 minutes

fixing ugly takes a lot longer and a lot more money

Backwardsname on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    yeah but... sticky bitches have those stinky britches.
    i hate myself.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    RinderRinder Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    That is an opportunity to suggest taking a shower together.

Rinder on
  • Options
    thanimationsthanimations Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I love perfumes, and good smells in general.

I used to be a vendor for Donna Karan, and although the industry is cutthroat, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Unfortunately even now I have too many different scents in my medicine cabinet. Mainly I just wear Jean Paul Gaultier's Madame since it's pretty light.

thanimations on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2010

Get some Love Spell from Victoria's Secret. It is the super best.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    crwth wrote: »
    i like wearing this stuff

4148xG1JaVL._AA300_.jpg

in college i had a roommate who basically bathed in this shit

i counted 14 spritzes once

plus the bottle it pretty gay

SO GAY

The bottle is gay? You should see the print ads!

30513991-1.jpg

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    NastymanNastyman Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    yeah that is totally gay.

I normally wear Burberry touch and a deodorant that matches the smell.

I used to smoke cigarettes and I would use Old spice after hours body wash, degree sport deodorant, and curve crush cologne, combined with the disgusting cigarette smell. It actually transformed what is normally an offensive odor into an excellent musky sex magnet smell. So many compliments on my smell back then.

Nastyman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    OH GOD I JUST REMEMBERED.

WHO WAS THE GUYS THAT WAS ALL, HEY DUDES CHECK OUT MY NEW COLOGNE.

And everyone was all, ummm I think that's lady perfume. And the dude got really annoyed and defensive and somebodies mother actually used it.

Blake T on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Found it!

Sami wrote: »
    So today I slipped a little bit closer into the gay abyss and bought

Chanel-chance.jpg

It smells great, but man is it ever faggy.

Chanel-chance.jpg

Is that a cologne for men?

Cause it looks like perfume.
    Yeah I know, but it totally is.
    men don't smell like shit in a pink box, sami

god what are they teaching you at that school
    Turns out it actually is women's perfume and the uber-fairy that was working at Saks lied to me. When I saw the box I gave him a :| face and asked

"Are you sure that it's a cologne for men?"
    "Jus' becuz somethin' is pink don' mean ees no for men ;)" (yes, he actually sounded like a cuban pool boy)

I should have walked away then. Dammit.

And then finally, the nightcap of a post.

BEAST! wrote: »
    dude, my MOM wears that perfume

Blake T on
  • Options
    UmaroUmaro Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Is there a practical difference between cologne and perfume, besides simply what gender it's intended for?

Umaro on
    Dogs.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    They're in like two completely different smell "octaves" for one. Perfumes smell like they're waaaay up here in smelly froo froo land and cologne smells deep and almost musky.

Nastyman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Nastyman wrote: »
    They're in like two completely different smell "octaves" for one. Perfumes smell like they're waaaay up here in smelly froo froo land and cologne smells deep and almost musky.

ehhhhh, I wouldn't say the difference between men and women's fragrance are quite so polarized.

pretty much any women's scent that's not like straight up florals, I'm told can actually pass off rather decently as a unisex, and likewise for men's scents that aren't totally dry and musky.

In fact, as far as what's coming out on the market, the trend seems to be shortening the gap even further with an influx of fragrances that are sweet, fruity, and citrus-y and are marketed toward men (Aqua di Gio and Sean John Unforgivable come to mind).

Hell, take a look at this stuff. I actually own a bottle of this and it's really good, but I have a really hard time believing that the makers designed it with a male audience in mind.

Clayton Bigsby on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Fun fact!

Did you know that 'cologne' and 'perfume' aren't technically used to refer to the applied 'gender'? Within the industry at least,those terms are actually used to assign the strength of the fragrance (that is, how much of what's in the bottle is actual fragrance, and how much is unscented alcohol that is essentially filler)

The ones with higher strengths are called eau de parfum, and those with weaker strength eau de cologne, with eau de toilette in between (which is why you would see one of the three on most fragrance bottles)

I'm not sure when or why we started the trend of assigning them as we commonly know them, but from what I can presume, most women's scents were eau de parfum, and most men scents were eau de toilette and below, which continues to this day, which instituted a unanimous, society-wide "fuck it".

Just something I thought was interesting!

Clayton Bigsby on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Learn something new every day. I was just about to say there should be third category just called "fragrances" or something.

Nastyman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Blaket wrote: »
    Found it!

Chanel-chance.jpg

Chanel-chance.jpg

Is that a cologne for men?

Cause it looks like perfume.
    Yeah I know, but it totally is.
    men don't smell like shit in a pink box, sami

god what are they teaching you at that school
    Turns out it actually is women's perfume and the uber-fairy that was working at Saks lied to me. When I saw the box I gave him a :| face and asked

"Are you sure that it's a cologne for men?"
    "Jus' becuz somethin' is pink don' mean ees no for men ;)" (yes, he actually sounded like a cuban pool boy)

I should have walked away then. Dammit.

And then finally, the nightcap of a post.

BEAST! wrote: »
    dude, my MOM wears that perfume

I remember there was a Seattle minipax shortly after this and we all ribbed him quite thoroughly for it

IIRC, Stale said, "Listen Sami -- I've been tricked by a lot of faggots in my time, but I've never bought goddamned women's perfume from one thinking it was cologne."

Backwardsname on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Alright, fragrance experts:

I've got Burberry Brit, and it smells amazing on me. But it's more of an evening scent, for nice clothes and going out. I want something else for wearing more often, during the day.

I want a scent that smells like chainsawing mahogany. Literally, the smell you get when you've just cut up a couple of tonnes of millends for firewood, and you're covered in sawdust. So a nice earthy wooden smell, but with a tinge of something tangier and sort of spicier, re: the chainsaw. Obviously I don't actually want to smell like chainlube, gasoline and exhaust fumes. Go go gadget suggestions! Please?

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Eat three trees every day.

Cause you are what you eat.

Then you'll smell like a tree.

Blake T on
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Buy a wood chipper, feed in some branches and run around to stand in the fine chipped wood spray.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    There is something out there that will make you smell like exhaust fumes. This and yes, it smells downright awful.

Nastyman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Learn something new every day. I was just about to say there should be third category just called "fragrances" or something.

If you're talking about gender-wise, there are actually some fragrances that makers label "unisex", but since there's really not enough of them out there for most department stores to justify having a "unisex" section, they end up arbitrarily placed in one or the other.
    I want a scent that smells like chainsawing mahogany. Literally, the smell you get when you've just cut up a couple of tonnes of millends for firewood, and you're covered in sawdust. So a nice earthy wooden smell, but with a tinge of something tangier and sort of spicier, re: the chainsaw. Obviously I don't actually want to smell like chainlube, gasoline and exhaust fumes. Go go gadget suggestions! Please?

I'm far from an expert, but after some snooping around I came across Yatagan and Gucci. I'm not sure if either are what you're looking for, but both seem to be fairly well respected woodsy types that aren't terribly expensive, and at least it's a start

Clayton Bigsby on
  • Options
    thanimationsthanimations Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Virtually no "male" scent uses mahogany. The few I could come up with don't use it as a major note, so that wouldn't do you any good.

Honestly, if you want it as a day scent you'll probably be better off avoiding a woodsy scent since they can be really heavy (like orientals). Maybe try something that features vetiver (a type of grass) like 212 by Carolina Herrera, or Guerlain Vetiver.

A woodsy scent to think about might be Gucci Rush for Men. It's a bit much for me, but it's a good scent.

thanimations on
  • Options
    AirAir Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    CIC25M.jpg

i picked up the spray deodorant version of this like a few years ago
    i think they stopped making it but im seeing the original CIGAR online so i may look into that

edit: actually i think this is still around on some websites i dunno

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    That is the best bottle.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    Wrench N RocketsWrench N Rockets Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    There is something out there that will make you smell like exhaust fumes. This and yes, it smells downright awful.

Want it.

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Once in Japanese class the kid sitting next to me leaned in to borrow a pencil and emerges with a wide grin on his face, "You smell sweet! Like Play-dough!"

"Um, what? Really?"

And then he tried to back-pedal to seem less creepy. I guess I smelled like industrial sweetness that day.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Pussy, he should've stuck to his guns and gone all detailed.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.