As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Rock of Ages IS OUT and awesome: Monty Python + Marble Madness by Zeno Clash Devs

2»

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    I've only played the trial (going out of town next week, buying it now would be pointless), but I think the style of humor in this game and me are going to get along FAMOUSLY.

I about died laughing when
    Simon Belmont showed up.

Also do yourself a favor and check out the options menu. More specifically, the little window to the right of the options selections. Totally worth it.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    i'm having trouble deciding which version to get. The 360 or PC version?

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    I would say the PC will have a larger/longer lasting playerbase.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    You learn what is and isn't effective in a round-a-bout way by what is effective against you. And emulate.

Generally blocking off shortcuts and creating choke points where you can be fairly sure that you'll knock off their rock at least once per go is ideal. Outside of that forcing the rock into situations where you make it choose between avoiding your stuff and slamming into rocks and whatnot reducing its size making it do less damage to you. One off things that you know will buy you time like explosives and stuff are good for throwing down if you're in a rush and just need to buy time, but they can't be relied upon for multiple runs like towers and ballista can. Plus, you don't HAVE to go the second your rock is ready. You can take a bit more time to properly set up your stuff. I think they wisely limit how much resources you get each round because it forces a limit on how much time you ever need to spend a any given time on setting things up.

There's really a good factor of Tower Defense hidden in there in how you set up your defenses.

It's true. If you play split screen against someone you will learn just how vital it is to set things up. I had not a damn clue before I played splitscreen. once I did though I was able to make some excellent defense because I know what stopped me when I went down.

"You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    First boss was kinda dumb, but the second boss was pretty amusing and had good music. And I'm interested to see just how absurd this game can get.

• Options
    cpugeek13cpugeek13 Registered User regular
    Any else playing this on PC? If so, add me to your steam friends list. I want to play multiplayer, dammit! :-)

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Finished the story mode today, even if the tower defence elements were really light (as in having the time and cash to place defences worth a damn) it was definitely worth it for the concept.

That being said in the final regular mission I did actually destroy the enemy boulder thanks to the scout ships I'd placed.

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    I take back my dismissal. This game is awesome. It feels like a game that Terry Gilliam would make.

• Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    oh shit i forgot about this game, I had it preordered and everything too! space marine and disgaea 4 distracted me D=

when I get home today this is getting installed

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    The Castlevania scene made me lol. It blew my mind so much its spoiler worthy.
    Dracula is replaced by Vlad "The Impaler" Tepes......and he's a vampire anyway!

Now I want to watch Francis Coppola's Dracula. And play some CV. Possibly both.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    First boss was kinda dumb, but the second boss was pretty amusing and had good music. And I'm interested to see just how absurd this game can get.

I love how absurd this game is. Some definite funny moments. I feel like the bosses are... pointless? And constantly playing the campaign makes me just try to roll my ball down the hill as fast as I can and not really do as much tower defense.

Otherwise, this game is great. I still need to try some verses though.

I will say when I got to leonardo
    The matrix joke/parody was really, really funny.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Somebody recorded the Wallachia scene. My absolute favorite scene. In fact, I'm trying to change my avatar based on it but I can't figure it out in my PA profile.

The stage with The Plague and Leonardo da Vinci are nightmares. I have no idea where I'm going when it's time to roll. Playing online has taught me effective defense though. You gotta find those shortcuts and block them off.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    nobody can upload avatars, it's a bug

• Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote:
    The Castlevania scene made me lol. It blew my mind so much its spoiler worthy.
    Dracula is replaced by Vlad "The Impaler" Tepes......and he's a vampire anyway!

Now I want to watch Francis Coppola's Dracula. And play some CV. Possibly both.
    Dracula is based on Vlad Tepes, so it makes a lot of sense.

Plague's intro scene is hilarious. The humor in the game is spot on, and I think that's really hard to do when you're communicating on such a low level.

JKKaAGp.png