As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Are you aware that [Predators] is getting decent reviews?

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Aegeri wrote: »
    An-D wrote: »
    I can't believe they're actually making one of the fake trailers from Grindhouse.

Like....really?

[tiny]I'm totally going to see Machette[/tiny]

Do you want your mind fucking blown?
    Are you ready?
    Machete is a spin-off of the Spy Kids franchise. He's their uncle.

I know, right?

Bullshit. I'm going to google this shit right now.

....and you're right, apparently. Wow.

Amazing isn't it?

My mind....it is blown.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    IsidoreIsidore Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Crayon did you enjoy the first Predator? A giant hunk of this film is the concept of "We're going to do a sequel to Predator".

Isidore on
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I can't believe they're actually making one of the fake trailers from Grindhouse.

Like....really?

Are you ready?

I know, right?

Amazing isn't it?

My mind....it is blown.
    This makes me want to actually watch Spy Kids

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Heatwave wrote: »

Like....really?

Are you ready?

I know, right?

Amazing isn't it?

My mind....it is blown.

Trust me you really don't

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Like....really?

Are you ready?

I know, right?

Amazing isn't it?

My mind....it is blown.

Sorry, I forgot to add something to my previous post. What i meant to say was " again"... *shudder*

Also I've only just realized that the
    parachutes were equipped with Predator tech. I thought had they looked familiar but didn't make the connection

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

Like....really?

Are you ready?

I know, right?

Amazing isn't it?

My mind....it is blown.

Sorry, I forgot to add something to my previous post. What i meant to say was " again"... *shudder*

Also I've only just realized that the
    parachutes were equipped with Predator tech. I thought had they looked familiar but didn't make the connection
    Specifically, the same tech that the Super Predator had - notice the similarities between his wrist-interface at the end and the one on the parachutes. It's different than the one on the standard Predator.

Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    widowsonwidowson Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    RT800 wrote: »
    I've never understood the predator mentality of sportsmanship.

I mean is it really "sporting" to come to a primitive planet with your high-powered heat-seeking shoulder-mounted laser-guided death blaster and shoot some unsuspecting soldier in the back while invisible just because he was holding a gun and that somehow made him a "worthy" kill?

I mean that's like stepping on ants 'cause "hey... they've got stingers!"

That's the point. It's making fun of the idea that going out and hunting wolves and lions and such with huge freakin guns is "sporting".

In a way, it is sporting.

You fuck up and that wolf/lion will be eating your guts so while you have an advantage, you *will* die if you get sloppy. Actually, from what I've read of the old safari hunters, if you don't shoot a charging lion *just right* in the heart to bring him down fast you're still dead.

Even with a cloak and plasma cannon, I'd still feel some risk hunting this:

Actor%2BBill%2BDuke%2Bas%2BMAC%2Blets%2Brip%2Bwith%2BOld%2BPainless%2B.GIF

widowson on
    -I owe nothing to Women's Lib.

Margaret Thatcher
  • Options
    HeartlashHeartlash Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Just wrote up a long review for my site, spoiler'd for length:

Predators.jpg

Why is it that every time I go see an R-rated movie on opening night, at least three or four god damned mouth breathers have to bring their 4-8 year olds into the theater so they can be scared out of their wits for 90+ minutes? Guh…

Oh, it’s a pretty solid flick, too.

The first Predator was, if nothing else, one of the most iconic action movies of the 80′s and certainly one of the finer moments in Arnold Schwarzenegger career. It was an excellent blend of the machismo-pumping, over the top action blockbuster with a more subtle, tension-oriented thriller; like the love child of Commando and Alien. Arnold got to say ridiculous things like “Stick around” after knifing some gun-toting extra to a wooden wall; but he also participated in some of the most excellent chase scenes in Hollywood history and spent a considerable amount of time adequately projecting solitude on screen. The film also established many other essential elements that Nimrod Antal, Robert Rodriguez, and the writers of Predators take particular care to include in their spiritual sequel.

First and foremost, the film does retain the mini-gun. I’m sorry to digress from more serious analysis but the mini-gun is an institution. When Jesse “Sexual Tyrannosaurus” Ventura used it to saw a goddamn guard tower in half in the original film, every 13-20 year old boy in the audience collectively thought “Oh my god, I want one”. Hence just about every major first person shooter of the 90′s was sure to include it as a mid to top level acquisition. Of course, it’s also highly impractical, and the movie does a good job using it just enough without making things feel too ridiculous.

Secondly, Predators includes an all important blade on blade fight. In the first film we get an implied confrontation between a machete-equipped Billy (the team’s awesome Native American tracker) and the Predator. It consisted of an appropriately badass build up, but ultimately resulted in nothing more than an off screen scream. This, while typically a decent film tactic, left a whole lot of people exceptionally unsatisfied. In the sequel, they make sure to provide the audience with a few cathartic minutes of an exotic character doing a refreshingly realistic sword battle with one of the creatures. It was like seeing the conclusion of a 23 year old “to be continued…”

On to more serious analysis; Predators contains an eclectic ensemble of characters with some very unlikely casting that works surprisingly well. When you see names like Adrien Brody and Topher Grace there’s temptation to scratch one’s head, but everyone fills the shoes of their chosen roles with at least adequate convincingness. While Brody does generate a few laughs during his inevitable shirtless scene, he still manages to project the aura of the type of bloke you don’t want to mess with. Likewise, the film paces itself well given how many characters we are bombarded with at the onset. Just about all of them have at least one or two moments in the sun, which is a refreshing change from most action movies that try to force ”super intense teams” down your throat before offing select underdeveloped members of them. The group is also written with very distinctive voices, especially Lawrence Fisburne’s Noland, who is just the right kind of crazy for his situation.

Where the film misses a few opportunities is in character conflict. There are a few betrayals to be sure, and a few initial fights with bullets and fists alike. Ultimately, though, most of these self-described “monster” characters are portrayed rather amicably. For people who are supposed to be assholes, they generate a lot of sympathy in one way or the other. I think it would’ve been fascinating to expand on the inherent conflicts between a solider who thinks they’re doing the right thing and a solider who knows they’re doing the wrong thing. Or to create a more clear-cut dichotomy between a group of killers with morals and a group of killers without them. That aside, the film still works in its current state, and does provide a few twists that don’t necessarily involve the Predators.

We also don’t get to see the alien nemeses for just about the entire first half of the film. This is a good decision that the other, less successful sequels in the franchise fail rather spectacularly at making. It allows for both character development and a nice crescendo of dread. While this movie does also fill the space with a bit of unfortunately expository/contrived dialogue, such as Brody figuring out what’s going on a little too quickly and overtly, I still like the call.

Overall, Predators is never boring. While it’s also not poetically riveting, at least one or two of the characters is bound to intrigue you enough to legitimately care what happens to them. It incorporates many of the aspects of the first film that made it so successful while adding an expected degree of contemporary polish (outside of a few unusually phony fire effects). It feels almost a bit like Die Hard 4, where everything is the same but also different. If you liked the first movie, get in line and grab tickets now. Even if you didn’t, you probably won’t feel like you wasted 107 minutes of your life.

7.5/10

Heartlash on
    My indie mobile gaming studio: Elder Aeons
    Our first game is now available for free on Google Play: Frontier: Isle of the Seven Gods
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hey guys. The cloak isn't THAT great. You can still see the Predator if you pay attention.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Hey guys. The cloak isn't THAT great. You can still see the Predator if you pay attention.

Man they always jump though. You can't get a good bead on them.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

In the first movie, the beefy military dudes had an 80s montage of setting up traps. And then they waited. Eventually, Dutch came out of hiding to try and bait the Predator but it didn't look like he was going to show and then BAM! not six feet behind Arnold a trap was sprung. The Predator was doing a pretty good job of sneaking around even with all eyes on the area.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    KrubicksCubeKrubicksCube Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I said it in the other Predators thread, but I really didn't like it. I thought the characters were boring for one. I don't care if they're likable, there just wasn't much too them. The predators weren't horribly intimidating, and I felt there was never really much tension. Never really felt like the characters were really being hunted, instead, the hunters would just pop up time to time. And the action scenes were OK, minus a few exceptions. Even for a popcorn flick (which was all I was expecting) I was pretty disappointed. But a lot of people are really liking this movie so...argue the case to me.

KrubicksCube on
    What I'm Currently Nerding To:
    sig.gif
  • Options
    frandelgearslipfrandelgearslip 457670Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I said it in the other Predators thread, but I really didn't like it. I thought the characters were boring for one. I don't care if they're likable, there just wasn't much too them. The predators weren't horribly intimidating, and I felt there was never really much tension. Never really felt like the characters were really being hunted, instead, the hunters would just pop up time to time. And the action scenes were OK, minus a few exceptions. Even for a popcorn flick (which was all I was expecting) I was pretty disappointed. But a lot of people are really liking this movie so...argue the case to me.

NO. I have a friend who hated the dark knight and loved ang lee's Crouching Tiger Hidden Hulk. Some people have no taste and there is no point in arguing with them.

Anyway for a mindless action movie it was great, it was not the predator version of dark knight, but for a popcorn film it was quite entertaining.
    My only problem is all the reviews, director interviews, previews generally make it apparent that topher grace is a serial killer, so I expected the reveal not to be that big of a deal, but it makes up a significant portion of the final confrontation. If it was going to be that important they should have done better keeping it under wraps.

frandelgearslip on
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

NO. I have a friend who hated the dark knight and loved ang lee's Crouching Tiger Hidden Hulk. Some people have no taste and there is no point in arguing with them.

Anyway for a mindless action movie it was great, it was not the predator version of dark knight, but for a popcorn film it was quite entertaining.
    My only problem is all the reviews, director interviews, previews generally make it apparent that topher grace is a serial killer, so I expected the reveal not to be that big of a deal, but it makes up a significant portion of the final confrontation. If it was going to be that important they should have done better keeping it under wraps.
    Should have been
    Michael C Hall, tie it in as the perfect ending for Dexter.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    NO. I have a friend who hated the dark knight and loved ang lee's Crouching Tiger Hidden Hulk. Some people have different tastes and there is no point in arguing with them.

Here, fixed that for ya. Saying someone has no taste just makes you sound like a elitist asshole and terrible friend to boot. Still agree that is not something worth arguing over though, 100% approval rating entertainment don't exist and there is no point in thinking there ever would be unless our population was reduced to a solitary human being.

CanadianWolverine on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Just got back from this with the wife. It was better than it had a right to be. My expectations were basically "I'd like it to be a rehash of Predator and I'll be happy". I mostly got that, so I'm pretty content. The use of much of the original score and musical themes helped too. It's a movie I'll probably see at least one more time.

I was expecting to see a bunch of speculation surrounding the whole
    Big Predator, small Predator thing and how perhaps what we saw in Predator was one of the larger variety while what we saw in Predator 2, or the god awful AvP movies was of the smaller persuasion. Or is there cannon literature out there that explains this?

Bolthorn on
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    emnmnme wrote: »

In the first movie, the beefy military dudes had an 80s montage of setting up traps. And then they waited. Eventually, Dutch came out of hiding to try and bait the Predator but it didn't look like he was going to show and then BAM! not six feet behind Arnold a trap was sprung. The Predator was doing a pretty good job of sneaking around even with all eyes on the area.

Can't people sneak that well in real life with static camo? I've read about snipers that managed to remain hidden even when the enemy was within spitting range. And the Predator's camo is way better than that.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    President RexPresident Rex Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    There are quite a few stories of soldiers (usually snipers) nearly getting stepped on as they hid before or after an attack.

Then again, in most dense jungle it's pretty difficult to see much more than a few meters in any direction. Even forests can prove pretty difficult.

President Rex on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    NO. I have a friend who hated the dark knight and loved ang lee's Crouching Tiger Hidden Hulk. Some people have different tastes and there is no point in arguing with them.

Here, fixed that for ya. Saying someone has no taste just makes you sound like a elitist asshole and terrible friend to boot. Still agree that is not something worth arguing over though, 100% approval rating entertainment don't exist and there is no point in thinking there ever would be unless our population was reduced to a solitary human being.

No I meant what I said. I never take his movie advice. Its not a moral judgement. The comment came out of the fact that I politely listened to his 2 hour rant on how Heath Ledger made a horrible Joker. I was tempted to argue with him, but I realized that it would be pointless to argue with someone living in an alternate reality.

My point basically is that kubrickscube is in the minority so neither I nor anyone else has any duty to argue him out of his terrible (there I said it again :P ) opinion.

edit: to further clarify history has been written ; Predators is a decent movie. My opinion is the common consensus thus no need to argue it.

frandelgearslip on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

No I meant what I said. I never take his movie advice. Its not a moral judgement. The comment came out of the fact that I politely listened to his 2 hour rant on how Heath Ledger made a horrible Joker. I was tempted to argue with him, but I realized that it would be pointless to argue with someone living in an alternate reality.

My point basically is that kubrickscube is in the minority so neither I nor anyone else has any duty to argue him out of his terrible (there I said it again :P ) opinion.

edit: to further clarify history has been written ; Predators is a decent movie. My opinion is the common consensus thus no need to argue it.

So you're saying if someone asks you why you think it was a decent movie, your answer will be "cause other people think so?"

Heartlash on
    Our first game is now available for free on Google Play: Frontier: Isle of the Seven Gods
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    emnmnme wrote: »

Can't people sneak that well in real life with static camo? I've read about snipers that managed to remain hidden even when the enemy was within spitting range. And the Predator's camo is way better than that.

The Predator must have been creeping towards Arnold or the trap wouldn't have sprung.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Heartlash wrote: »

So you're saying if someone asks you why you think it was a decent movie, your answer will be "cause other people think so?"

No my answer to somebody (KubricksCube) saying Prove such and such is a decent movie is "I don't have to"

frandelgearslip on
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Bolthorn wrote: »
    Just got back from this with the wife. It was better than it had a right to be. My expectations were basically "I'd like it to be a rehash of Predator and I'll be happy". I mostly got that, so I'm pretty content. The use of much of the original score and musical themes helped too. It's a movie I'll probably see at least one more time.

I was expecting to see a bunch of speculation surrounding the whole
    Big Predator, small Predator thing and how perhaps what we saw in Predator was one of the larger variety while what we saw in Predator 2, or the god awful AvP movies was of the smaller persuasion. Or is there cannon literature out there that explains this?
    From what I remember from the books (they're guilty pleasures for me) there are rival clans, and one of the books revolved around the younger upstart hunters overthrowing the elders in a coup. That's pretty much what I took from it.

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I enjoyed it. Not particularly deep, but I wasn't expecting deep. Lots of very satisfying scenes.

High point
    The Yakuza vs Predator sword fight. As soon as they walked into the field of long grass I was like "Oh shit sword fight!" and it was awesome.
    Low point
    The terrible cg hunting animals. They brought to mind the wolves in Day After Tomorrow. Clunky, served very little purpose to the story, and took away some of the solitary hunter feel that make predators so awesome.

Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • Options
    Fatboy RobertsFatboy Roberts Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Good movie. If you have a beer-theater in your city, check it out there. It's custom made for beer-theater viewing. There's pacing problems, the last 3rd just sorta stops moving in a forward direction. It feels like a bicycle coasting because the chain came off. But the first 2/3rds are pretty damned fun.

Better than Predator 2, not really anywhere near as good as Predator.

Bonafide Awesome moments:
    "This is Candy-Anne. Titties like howitzers."
    "Is that your girlfriend?"
    "my sister."

"WHAT THE FUCK, GIVE ME SOME GUNS. C'mon motherfucker, you got 2 big ass guns. GodDAMMIT."

"If I get off this planet, I'm going to do....SO MUCH cocaine."

"Fuck....ALL OF YOU."

"and then, 'chingaaaaaa.'"

The tumble into the river

The 1st Predator "waking up" and the unloading of a full magazine of shotgun shells as Brody yells "RUNNNN"

Laurence Fishburne. Every last minute his pudgy ass was onscreen.

Goggins' death - easily the best death. They Sub-Zero'd his ass. He was basically Private Hudson, and he was great at it.

Fatboy Roberts on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Exarch wrote: »
    I enjoyed it. Not particularly deep, but I wasn't expecting deep. Lots of very satisfying scenes.

Low point
    The terrible cg hunting animals. They brought to mind the wolves in Day After Tomorrow. Clunky, served very little purpose to the story, and took away some of the solitary hunter feel that make predators so awesome.

It personally did not bother me, because I like the idea that somebody haad earlier in the thread had that the predators in the hunting perserve are hobbyists hunting deer in fenced off areas, while the predators in the first two movies were the equivalent of some guy on the African Savanah hunting lions in their own element.

frandelgearslip on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Good movie. If you have a beer-theater in your city, check it out there. It's custom made for beer-theater viewing. There's pacing problems, the last 3rd just sorta stops moving in a forward direction. It feels like a bicycle coasting because the chain came off. But the first 2/3rds are pretty damned fun.

"...I’m going to rape so many bitches no matter what time it is. 5? 10? Yep 5:00. Bitch raping time."

"You should probably stay away from him."

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Walton Goggins is such an awesome actor. I feel somewhat bad that he gets stuck with the stereotypical hick roles even though he does such a good job at them. His portrayal of Boyd on Justified is ridiculously awesome.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

"...I’m going to rape so many bitches no matter what time it is. 5? 10? Yep 5:00. Bitch raping time."

Kinda hated that part.

So It Goes on
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So It Goes wrote: »

Kinda hated that part.

I did too but I think Topher Grace rescues it
    Crayon wrote: »
    Apparently I'm the only one coming in here to say that this movie was absolutely atrocious.

The dialog was completely forced and terrible (not in that fun, campy b kind of way either), the character development was accidental at best and contrived at worst. It also seemed like every single character was pulling a Christian Bale as Batman/Bruce Wayne voice to sound much tougher than they ever have before, thus making the entire thing this hamfisted attempt at male bravado. The action was piss poor, especially the
    Yakuza/Predator fight. It lasted a minute, was in total darkness and was a character running at a predator 3 consecutive times and then over.

I still don't get how an advanced alien civilization that can navigate ships and (supposedly) build them have a huge weakness such as FIRE, THE FIRST THINGS HUMANS "CREATED." They've been doing this thousands of years and haven't thought to develop some other spectrum of vision that doesn't go bonkers at MUD AND FIRE?

To be fair
    His helm and presumably other gear was just rocked pretty hard by an explosion, it looked like only his thermal and acoustic vision modes were working, and barely at that

override367 on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Saw the movie last night- 2 hours of fan service and I loved it. <3
    Though I did find the Super Predator a bit stupid and unnecessary. There are plenty of reasons why they'd have an imprisoned Predator in their camp if they needed one to 'fly' the ship (in one of the comics one Predator tries killing another to take credit for his kill and gets left sans-gear on an alien infested planet), no need to come up with a pointless plot point for it.
    Also, my reaction to him activating the ship wasn't "now get to the ship, which will fly itself to Earth!", it was "okay, the ship is on. What about a pilot?". There's really nothing to indicate the ship has an autopilot to the character.
    Still, minor quibbles, enjoyed the movie immensely.

Glal on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Glal wrote: »
    Saw the movie last night- 2 hours of fan service and I loved it. <3
    Though I did find the Super Predator a bit stupid and unnecessary. There are plenty of reasons why they'd have an imprisoned Predator in their camp if they needed one to 'fly' the ship (in one of the comics one Predator tries killing another to take credit for his kill and gets left sans-gear on an alien infested planet), no need to come up with a pointless plot point for it.
    Also, my reaction to him activating the ship wasn't "now get to the ship, which will fly itself to Earth!", it was "okay, the ship is on. What about a pilot?". There's really nothing to indicate the ship has an autopilot to the character.
    Still, minor quibbles, enjoyed the movie immensely.
    You might have a point there, actually. After taking off the ship seemed to linger. Maybe Royce jammed rock under the gas pedal or something and hopped off.

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    GlyphGlyph Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    For being the bigger, badder cousins of the Predators from the first two movies (you know, the ones that wiped out entire platoons and gangs), these were pretty damn ineffectual.
    In the two one-on-one fights, both ended in draws.

What the fuck is that?
    Yakuza death was easily the most awesome... until you realize Predator blades are supposed to be sharper than anything known to man. I assume that includes a katana.

Glyph on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yakuza death was easily the most awesome... until you realize Predator blades are supposed to be sharper than anything known to man. I assume that includes a katana.

That they're sharper doesn't mean they cut through anything they are sharper than.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Might want to spoiler that. Also, I don't remember the blades' sharpness being mentioned in the original movie.

Glal on
  • Options
    KrubicksCubeKrubicksCube Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Right, my blatant wording (argue) aside, I'm really not out to argue it. I'm just curious. I just felt it was quite a sloppy action flick. I'm not trying to take on the whole forum. And I wouldn't say my opinion is terrible just because it's not yours.

It's more, I'm curious because I'm in the minority. Because I generally like movies like this and I wasn't impressed, so maybe I would enjoy it if I saw it again.

And I really liked The Dark Knight =p

KrubicksCube on
    What I'm Currently Nerding To:
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Also, Topher Grace's character made no sense.
    "I'm going to try and kill the only human I'll likely ever see again even though I need her help to walk, have company and, oh, stay alive - which something I really seemed intent on doing up until now."

"I've needed people to save my ass on at least three separate occasions but suddenly I've decided I belong on this planet full of things that can kill me in order to be a monster among monsters!"

Seriously, was he hoping to gain the trust of every alien he met so that he could slip them all neurotoxin?

Glyph on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Glyph wrote: »
    "I'm going to try and kill the only human I'll likely ever see again even though I need her help to walk, have company and, oh, stay alive - which something I really seemed intent on doing up until now."

"I've needed people to save my ass on at least three separate occasions but suddenly I've decided I belong on this planet full of things that can kill me in order to be a monster among monsters!"

Seriously, was he hoping to gain the trust of every alien he met so that he could slip them all neurotoxin?

I think it was more of a
    complete and utter narcissism of a serial killer thing. His goal, possibly from the start, was to isolate and hunt a member of the team (probably her). All that came before was simply him taking advantage of the situation to earn sympathy.

Heartlash on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Heartlash wrote: »
    Glyph wrote: »

I think it was more of a
    complete and utter narcissism of a serial killer thing. His goal, possibly from the start, was to isolate and hunt a member of the team (probably her). All that came before was simply him taking advantage of the situation to earn sympathy.

If he was that irrational and single-minded though, it seems unlikely he'd ever have the patience, intelligence and focus to become a doctor in the first place.

Maybe I'm wrong but that's a small plot hole when compared with some of the others, such as how there could be night time if the sun never moved in the sky.

Glyph on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Don't forget the impenetrable canopy of trees that prevents you from seeing multiple colourful moons until you exit the forest entirely. Or Earth flora on an alien planet.
    Honestly, it's just not that kind of movie. I'm glad my nitpicking side didn't kick in with this one because I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Glal on