As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A Child Dying In Horrible Ways

• Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    What's dog rane?

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    God dammit Kusu I was just going to make that joke

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Anyway what I really wanted to say was... Wimble...

I have had Yester-Me, Yester-You, Yesterday stuck in my head for the last two weeks. Honestly. I've been singing it at work nonstop for at least fourteen days.

...are you watching me at work?

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I've had this title/loc for longer than that so really you are stalking me and my every move festers in your obsessed brain!

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Oh shit, why am I so bad at covering my tracks

Nevermind, you'll never find all of the cameras

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Kusuguttai wrote: »
    What's dog rane?
    I apologise Kusu.

"Dog rane" is a term I use. It means to fuck your mother Kusu, and then wipe my shit covered dick over your bed sheets.

Orphans apparently break out in a rash when exposed to feces.

Who knew?

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I wouldn't dream of looking for them

do you think I strut around in skimpy clothing for my own benefit?

I just wish I knew where they were. I drop things and then slowly bend over to pick them up so many times during the day that it's all I have time for

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    IskanderIskander Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    well this sure looks pretty

buyin it!

Iskander on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Wimble wrote: »
    I wouldn't dream of looking for them

do you think I strut around in skimpy clothing for my own benefit?

I just wish I knew where they were. I drop things and then slowly bend over to pick them up so many times during the day that it's all I have time for

Let's just say I like your body wash collection and leave it at that

Also the pink ruffled Hello Kitty piece really sets off the highlights in your hair

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    God dammit Kusu I was just going to make that joke

great minds etc

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    huff huff uff

did I miss the bitchfest about videogame writing

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Fuck Braid.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I am glad your sig is taking care of the business I now have with you, Goose!

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I never plaid Braid.

Oh ho ho ho

Better yet

Braid gave me aids

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2010
    That game looks neat.

I am also looking forward to Shank. It was at PAX last year on demo and it was very fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SNnlvjWuYo

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I want a new puzzle game from Capybara.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I made the thread in G&T but I feel like you dudes are all right so I will also talk about it here with you

I can't wait to see all the ways I can make this child die horribly

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    This game looks fantastic, definitely getting it.

Any idea of how much its going to cost?

101 on
  • Options
    TenTen Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Limbo is definitely the game I'm looking forward to most of the Summer of Arcade games, but a few of the other ones look pretty good too, including the new Tomb Raider XBLA game. Also, Deathspank comes out in a couple of days!

Ten on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I've been waiting for for Limbo for so long, can't wait to play it

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    TenTen Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Argh, why didn't anybody tell me about this contest, I could have won the shit out of it: http://www.deathspank.com/archives/665

Ten on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    101 wrote: »
    This game looks fantastic, definitely getting it.

Any idea of how much its going to cost?

1200 Microsoft sillybux, or $15

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    ApollohApolloh Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Kusuguttai wrote: »
    Apolloh wrote: »
    I actually thought Braid was excellent before I read about the man who created it.

What does that have to do with anything?
    Hemmingway was an abusive drunk who whored around until finally drinking himself to death. Why the fuck would what who the guy who made it is matter in the slightest?

I dont care about whores.

I care when you think that your writing is up there next to Plato.

Apolloh on
    smb3banner.png
    XBLGT:Banzeye SC2: Apollo.394
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I've been waiting for for Limbo for so long, can't wait to play it

I only found out about it from the E3 trailer, and it already feels like I've been waiting forever

Oh no...

Shit, my internet is being disconnected on the 20th because we're moving to a new place! Fuck, I won't be able to play this until August. God damn it! :x

Didgeridoo on
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Every time Braid gets discussed people have to bring up how much they hate the story which was .01% of the game. As opposed to the stories in every other game, which are so fantastic.

Hoz on
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    yeah this game looks awesome in pretty much everyway possible

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hoz wrote: »
    Every time Braid gets discussed people have to bring up how much they hate the story which was .01% of the game. As opposed to the stories in every other game, which are so fantastic.

I think it's mainly because the story is so amazingly pretentious. Nobody's saying Gears of War has a quality story but it doesn't act like it's some revolutionary thing, either.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    The story in Braid was amazing, in that in so little words you get a great little story that can be taken multiple ways. Who cares if the dude who wrote it is an ass, that doesn't make the thing pretentious, it makes the guy pretentious.

Also the end twist in Braid is amazing and on par with something like Bioshock's.
    Yeah, I said it.
    Braid's twist is as good as Bioshock's.

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Jonathan Blow is an ass?

Huh.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I didn't really like bioshock's story.

I mean, it wasn't bad ad it made for some good lines but meh.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Sorry, I meant to say that most people say the story is incredibly pretentious. I haven't played much of Braid myself!

Moriveth on
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm not sure whether I'm surprised or upset or neither that a lot of the most interesting and artistic things are being done in these little downloadable games.

I'm definitely glad they are, I love the cheap little bastards.

Peen on
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I don't even know what the story was, it was delivered through little books on pedestals which you read. I didn't find it pretentious, just undecipherable. Since you don't have to read them, I stopped. And I went ahead with actually playing and enjoying the actual game.

Hoz on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Peen wrote: »
    I'm not sure whether I'm surprised or upset or neither that a lot of the most interesting and artistic things are being done in these little downloadable games.

I think it makes sense to release something more experimental in a cheap, easily-distributable format like a downloadable game versus trying to make a full-fledged game that might tank horribly and lose people loads of money.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Hoz wrote: »
    I don't even know what the story was, it was delivered through little books on pedestals which you read. I didn't find it pretentious, just undecipherable. Since you don't have to read them, I stopped. And I went ahead with actually playing and enjoying the actual game.

The books aren't really undecipherable if you put effort into reading them
    Luckily you don't really need to, and the story pretty much shines through in the actual game without those books!

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Peen wrote: »

I think it makes sense to release something more experimental in a cheap, easily-distributable format like a downloadable game versus trying to make a full-fledged game that might tank horribly and lose people loads of money.

I guess that is the obvious answer :lol:

It just bums me out sometimes that the biggest releases still fall so flat sometimes in spite of all the money and time that gets spent on them and something like P.B. Winterbottom comes out that a few dudes made and it's so fucking rad.

Peen on
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    ridiculously excited for this game

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    braid's story just felt magical

it didn't make any sense to me either, but I still felt a little awed reading it

and it (plus a gorgeous soundtrack) lent a solemn timbre to what otherwise might have been just another puzzle game

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    braid's story just felt magical

it didn't make any sense to me either, but I still felt a little awed reading it

and it (plus a gorgeous soundtrack) lent a solemn timbre to what otherwise might have been just another puzzle game

yeah Braid is one of my favoritest things ever

I feel sorry for people that can't share in that enjoyment!

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The Geek wrote: »
    That game looks neat.

I am also looking forward to Shank. It was at PAX last year on demo and it was very fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SNnlvjWuYo

While the Limbo game doesn't look like my kind of game, this looks quite entertaining.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png