• Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    CristoCristo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    That team even produces DVDs of memorable games!

Cristo on
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Arikado wrote: »

Villa puts out a 608pg team history book.

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    Buddy LeeBuddy Lee Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    "No Wayne in Spain" is a pretty funny headline. Too bad that the article is kind of depressing...

I hate to see Wayne Rooney in poor form. :(

Buddy Lee on
    Join Penny-Arcaders in EPL Fantasy Futbol! Click to see details.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/

The join code for the CLASSIC league: 214755-65927

The join code for the HEAD-TO-HEAD league: 5294-3346
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    ARSENAL!!!!!

FABIANSSSSSSSSSSSKI!!!!

Cristo on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    evilbob wrote: »
    Sydney winless after [strike]7[/strike] 8 games. :lol:

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited September 2010
    Arikado on
  • Options
    SarcasmoBlasterSarcasmoBlaster Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

Wow, those are so lame :(

SarcasmoBlaster on
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    ♪ FC Københaaaaavn ♪

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Haha no way they're awesome!

Cristo on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Crazy night in Europe. Interesting to see how Spurs come out of that in the Premier League. I'm sure Harry will rest half the team.

Arikado on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    David_T wrote: »
    ♪ FC Københaaaaavn ♪

FCK vs Arsenal in Champions League Final.

You heard it here first.

Cristo on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Cristo wrote: »
    David_T wrote: »
    ♪ FC Københaaaaavn ♪

FCK vs Arsenal in Champions League Final.

You heard it here first.

FCK winning the Champions League? That's a pretty big call.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    FiziksFiziks Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

In an ironic way you mean?

Fiziks on
    Cvcwu.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Fiziks wrote: »

In an ironic way you mean?

Yes, but assenting to that would make me a trendy hipster douche. I'd have to start wearing a an "ironic moustache" as well, and loafers without socks.

Cristo on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    0-0 final of Estudiantes/Jaguares out of Mexico. Very chippy; fans not happy. At one point there was a double knockout; two guys essentially tackled each other, both wound up rolling on the ground with the trainers out to look at them.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Hey, Man U, stop being awful. It'd be very much appreciated. I'm sure Sunderland's defence were quaking in their boots when they saw Owen and Macheda line out :?

Tav on
  • Options
    Lord Of The PantsLord Of The Pants Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Sydney winless after [strike]7[/strike] 8 games. :lol:

:(

And on another note: GLORY GLORY TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR!

Lord Of The Pants on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Tav wrote: »
    Hey, Man U, stop being awful. It'd be very much appreciated. I'm sure Sunderland's defence were quaking in their boots when they saw Owen and Macheda line out :?

Not that Rooney's been banging them in though.

Cristo on
  • Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Arsenal pretty much comprehensively beaten by Chelsea, one hell of a free kick from Alex.

Would be very surprised if someone other than Chelsea won the league, even though it's a bit early to tell.

Biosys on
  • Options
    RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I felt that we did pretty well actually. For long stretches we were pretty menacing in front of goal, we just needed a bit more luck and it would have been 1-1. I don't know, feels like we should have gotten something out of the game. It was also a very dumb free kick to give away, and Alex's free kick was outstanding, that assface.

Also, Liverpool, what the fuck...

Raakam on
    My padherder
    they don't it be like it is but it do
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Anyone who's actually been watching Liverpool so far this season saw this one coming.
    Roy needs to go now, it's best for everyone.

I'm not too impressed with Fifa 11 either.

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    RitchmeisterRitchmeister Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    Anyone who's actually been watching Liverpool so far this season saw this one coming.

Man Utd aim to win the league title.

Liverpool aim to finish in the top 4.

Currently both are 6 points off these aims yet I wouldn't be calling for Sir Alex's head. So perhaps it's a touch early to be shouting for Roy's.

Ritchmeister on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

Man Utd aim to win the league title.

Liverpool aim to finish in the top 4.

Currently both are 6 points off these aims yet I wouldn't be calling for Sir Alex's head. So perhaps it's a touch early to be shouting for Roy's.

Eloquently put.

Tav on
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Yeah, Hodgson doesn't need to go anywhere, you need to give him time to put his stamp on the team. He's a great manager, whose been handed a mediocre team. Carragher has become a liability, Gerrard is on a downward trend, and Torres is having an injury and confidence nightmare. Plus the club have no money. What the hell do you expect?

To lay the blame of their current failures at the feet of Roy Hodgson is ridiculous. I have to ask... when did Liverpool fans start to sound and act like Newcastle fans from two seasons ago?

oldmanken on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Liverpool just needs to be sold already. I don't hate nor love Liverpool, but it's detrimental to the league when a top flight club is going through some ownership issues. It's what pissed me off so much about Pompey.

Arikado on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Sydney winless after [strike]7[/strike] [strike]8[/strike] 9 games. :lol:

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Liverpool just needs to be sold already. I don't hate nor love Liverpool, but it's detrimental to the league when a top flight club is going through some ownership issues. It's what pissed me off so much about Pompey.

The thing is, the current owners are wanting some rediculous amount for the club, £600 million+. Quite how they come to this value I don't know.

If RBS take over the club, then they'll just want the £240 million (or whatever it is).

So any potential buyers, would be better off waiting for RBS to takeover, as it'll save them 300-400 million.

I don't know when the deadline was with regards to RBS taking over, but I heard rumours that it's getting delayed because RBS are quite enjoying all the late fee's, in addition to them wanting to find out whether Liverpool would be docked points for going into administration.

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    Lord Of The PantsLord Of The Pants Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Sydney winless after [strike]7[/strike] [strike]8[/strike] 9 games. :lol:

I'm no longer :? I just :lol: now.

What else can you do?
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »

The thing is, the current owners are wanting some rediculous amount for the club, £600 million+. Quite how they come to this value I don't know.

If RBS take over the club, then they'll just want the £240 million (or whatever it is).

So any potential buyers, would be better off waiting for RBS to takeover, as it'll save them 300-400 million.

I don't know when the deadline was with regards to RBS taking over, but I heard rumours that it's getting delayed because RBS are quite enjoying all the late fee's, in addition to them wanting to find out whether Liverpool would be docked points for going into administration.

American owners don't understand that Premier League teams are not a liscence to print money like NFL teams, which exsist in a tiny vacum with no outside forces aside from the odd lockout. They go "shit man this thing is worth 300million pounds and makes x million pounds in revenue a year", not realising that you need to constantly invest back in the club instead of taking all the cash andwalking.

And to blame Hodgson is ridiculous, he's a great manager. If you allow him time to mould the squad, and get those Scousers out of the continental football mentality they are stuck in maybe they'll do really well.

Lord Of The Pants on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    oldmanken wrote: »

Yeah, Hodgson doesn't need to go anywhere, you need to give him time to put his stamp on the team. He's a great manager, whose been handed a mediocre team. Carragher has become a liability, Gerrard is on a downward trend, and Torres is having an injury and confidence nightmare. Plus the club have no money. What the hell do you expect?

To lay the blame of their current failures at the feet of Roy Hodgson is ridiculous. I have to ask... when did Liverpool fans start to sound and act like Newcastle fans from two seasons ago?

Hodgson is not the cause of the problems, but he is a symptom.
    The reality of the situation is that he is incapable of fixing the problems he's been presented with, and I say that as someone who's admired Hodgson since his Switzerland days.

Tactically, every match has been a mess. Merieles playing as a winger? Torres isolated while the entire midfield refuses to step over the halfway line? Joe Cole playing out of position just cos he wants to?

This isn't player fuck ups or even just bad players (and there are a few of those), it's tactical incompetence, and the lack of ability to able to change things when they are clearly going wrong just futher compounds his incompetence.

Hodgson was supposed to give the club a lift after the "mess" Benitez left behind.
    This hasn't happened, the players look even less interested and more dispirited than in even the worst performances last season. Worst start to a season since the 50's, first time in the relegation zone since the 60's (I think), this isn't an improvment. It's a disaster.

He's not good enough for Liverpool and needs to move on. I'd rather this wasn't the case, but it is.

And don't even get me started about the board, I'll be here all day.

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    If Hodgson got the sack, who would replace him? It's such a mess at Liverpool at the moment, until something does actually happen with the owners (whether RBS take over, you get hit with a 9 point reduction, etc,), then being manager of Liverpool is a tremendous risk, with regards to what you'd actually be able to do in the transfer market, in addition to how it might ruin your reputation (look at all the praise Hodgson got last year).

There's 5 points between 6th and 18th. All it takes is a little run and you shoot straight up the table.

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Simple, Dalglish until the end of the season, at least.

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    yotesyotes Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Someone should explain how someone who has been out of football management for ten years could jump in and be better than hopelessly incompetent.

yotes on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Sounding very much the Newcastle fan here... just substitute "Shearer" or "Keegan" for "Dalglish."

oldmanken on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    oldmanken wrote: »

Sounding very much the Newcastle fan here... just substitute "Shearer" or "Keegan" for "Dalglish."

I appreciate the point, and I was certainly not a fan of the idea of Dalglish being manager before Hodgson was appointed. However, I think Dalglish in a short term role, given the current situation, has plenty benefits to it.

I'd would prefer someone like Manuel Pellegrini, but I don't trust the board to make any sort of long term decision. Right now, Dalglish is the logical choice.

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Except you'll fuck the club over even more by having to pay out Hodgson's contract...

EDIT: And this is the problem with clubs these days, they will be quick to dump a manager. Hodgson is a good manager, and he needs time to get the team in line, because the players are not playing the way he wants or to their potential. Listening to the Guardian podcast, one of the pundits mentioned that he had spoken to a Fulham player who said that the team as a whole were chomping at the bit and bored at the start of Hodgson's reign, due to the way he had them training and playing. But they came in line and reached a European final.

You don't dump a manager after 14 games... it's stupid.

oldmanken on
  • Options
    TlexTlex Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    No the logical choice is Roy Hodgson, a guy who has managed many clubs sucessfully at different levels of competition. Including clubs like Inter Milan. The people to blame for this are the mainly the owners and the players with Hodgson coming in a distant third.

Tlex on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    No, his position is untenable with the vast majority of fans now. Keeping him around will just exacerbate the situation.

If it was another club in this situation I'd probably agree with you, but Hodgson has shown he has no idea of what the fans expect from the team or how a Liverpool manager should handle themselves in the media.

He was never meant to be Liverpool manager and he was appointed by idiots who don't understand what a Liverpool manager is supposed to be. It was a bad mistake that everyone needs to move on from quickly.

Ok, this all seems a bit self-righteous, so I'll end my contribution to this discussion right here.

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    No no no... I would very much like an explanation of what a Liverpool manager should be like. Especially considering it's such a ridiculous notion.

You and the rest of the "Hodgson out!" crowd are going through the same histrionics as Newcastle did two seasons ago... and you all saw how well that went. Liverpool are not a top 4 side anymore, and I agree with Barry Glendenning when he says you may not even be a top 7 side. Some of the fans need to accept that, and get ready for the long rebuild, as the whole structure of the club is shambles.

And straight up, if I've got a rebuild ahead, I want the steady hand of Hodgson in charge. It's a no brainer.

oldmanken on
  • Options
    DanWeinoDanWeino Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I know what a liverpool manager is! Hopelessly deluded if their fans are anything to go by. Seriously, I hated Newcastle for years for the same reason, "we were a big club so treat us like one and just let us win stuff mkay" expecting that all the best players should flock to them and teams roll over. They got relegated, the fans got some harsh realisation and now I can say I don't mind Newcastle.

Liverpool fans seem to think they should win the league every season even though there is pretty much no reason to believe it. Oh wow you have Gerrard and Torres (for about 10 games a season).

Benitez was a shit manager who overspent and ruined Torres, who should have and could have been one of the greatest strikers in history, but his reliance on him and making him play even when injured has ruined that. Now you're fucked and the rest of us are laughing our heads off.

Oh noes the evil amurikans did it! They made Benitez sell good players and buy shite ones, and forsake league position for Champions League glory. Man Utd seem to be doing alright with crappy owners, Arsenal do alright with no sugar daddy, Blackpool do alright even though their whole squad is on probably less than Gerrard, or even Lucas for that matter.

Grow up Liverpool, Dalglish ain't gonna save you. Also he is too smart to take the job.

/rant over.

TLDR: Liverpool need to stop whining and realise they are crap and lucky to have a manager that is Ian Dowie.

I'll go back to laughing now

DanWeino on

steam_sig.png